SuperYoshi

VG Music Discussion

1,092 replies to this topic

Cantfly

If it weren't for the fucking stupid rappers in the background, this would be my favorite Sonic song. Well, it still is regardless but yeah.

Seriously, they need to release a version of this song without vocals. Why hasn't Sega done this.

Metroid: Samus Returns 100% For staying warn free for 9 years Wads of dosh For being part of the Recommended Poops of December 2016 For getting 90 5-star ratings Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Thanks for the donation! For completing Super Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards to kick some tail Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos User with Funniest Signatures 2014, 
Best Writer 2014
User with Funniest Signatures 2015 November 2013 - "drake bell power slide" (Overall, Classic) Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 2013
User with Funniest Avatars - 2015
Best Writer 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks YOUTUBE'S NOT ATHLETIC December 2011 - Regular, Classic Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. http://youchew.net/forum/index.php?/page/index.html/_/mediareviews/bad-teacher-review-r384 You've had that down there for quite a while now, haven't you?<br />
<br />
Spreading Lago Love

TyrannosaurusReich

Reich, that goes without saying!

do you mean the part about sonic having better music than mario

Also Matt, I thought you didn't like the US music. Or at least thought it was bland compared to the Japanese version.

For writing at least 10,000 words in blog entries For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years HHHUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLKKKKKKK!!! Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 12 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 241 days before it was shut down

The Pope

This is just absolute classic. One of these days I totally want to hear a jazz version of this, with the melody covered by a sax. It would totally work.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting 20 awards Wads of dosh It's like giving heals to each of your five idiot teammates. Except you never play healer. I do. It's definitely not Hancock loooool For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. User with Funniest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For getting in the Super Silver donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

SuperYoshi

Yes. And it IS bland compared to the Japanese music, but that never stopped me from liking it. Sonic CD's original soundtrack is one of the most original, crazy, and fantastic video game soundtracks ever. The US version... to say mellowed out would be an understatement.

And whoever converted those Yoshi's Island songs to video format really needs to get their ears checked. They sound like someone put on an equalizer and just turned up everything so it sounds like shit.

Wads of dosh For staying warn free for 9 years For your immense generosity. Thanks for helping out with the new server Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For having your blog entry featured. 2013, Smartest User 2014, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Smartest User 2015 2013, User with Coolest Avatars 2014, Favorite Staff Member 2014 2013
User with Coolest Signatures - 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years February 2012 - "I'D SAY HE'S HOT ON OUR TAIL" (Overall, Classic) Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 15 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 243 days before it was shut down

TyrannosaurusReich

I guess you could say it's bland compared to the other soundtrack, but I still love the hell out of it. I dunno, I'm just a sucker for atmospheric music like it.

It doesn't really fit Sonic as a game, but what I like about it is that it fits the atmosphere beautifully. It makes the Bad Future stages really feel like a bad future. I really like that in a game soundtrack, when it not only sounds great, but also sets the mood for the game's atmosphere.

god i sound pretentious

For writing at least 10,000 words in blog entries For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years HHHUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLKKKKKKK!!! Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 12 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 241 days before it was shut down

Cantfly

Which song was it from the US version of Sonic CD with the people in the backgound shouting SHAAAAVE YOUR DICK SHAAAAVE YOUR TIT

Metroid: Samus Returns 100% For staying warn free for 9 years Wads of dosh For being part of the Recommended Poops of December 2016 For getting 90 5-star ratings Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Thanks for the donation! For completing Super Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards to kick some tail Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos User with Funniest Signatures 2014, 
Best Writer 2014
User with Funniest Signatures 2015 November 2013 - "drake bell power slide" (Overall, Classic) Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 2013
User with Funniest Avatars - 2015
Best Writer 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks YOUTUBE'S NOT ATHLETIC December 2011 - Regular, Classic Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. http://youchew.net/forum/index.php?/page/index.html/_/mediareviews/bad-teacher-review-r384 You've had that down there for quite a while now, haven't you?<br />
<br />
Spreading Lago Love

SuperYoshi

That's Wacky Workbench.

Oh, and at the very least I have to admit the guitar work in Nilsen's Sonic CD soundtrack is really, really good. I'm not sure who played the guitar/s on this soundtrack but whoever it was did a really, really good job. Palmtree Panic Present especially.

Wads of dosh For staying warn free for 9 years For your immense generosity. Thanks for helping out with the new server Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For having your blog entry featured. 2013, Smartest User 2014, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Smartest User 2015 2013, User with Coolest Avatars 2014, Favorite Staff Member 2014 2013
User with Coolest Signatures - 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years February 2012 - "I'D SAY HE'S HOT ON OUR TAIL" (Overall, Classic) Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 15 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 243 days before it was shut down

Dr. Strangebutts

Which song was it from the US version of Sonic CD with the people in the backgound shouting SHAAAAVE YOUR DICK SHAAAAVE YOUR TIT

Here we go.

For being a part of the Recommended YouTube Poops of March 2011. For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years I think you dropped this, sir.

Dr. Strangebutts

If it weren't for the fucking stupid rappers in the background, this would be my favorite Sonic song. Well, it still is regardless but yeah.

Seriously, they need to release a version of this song without vocals. Why hasn't Sega done this.

As mediocre as the game is, it has some funky ass music. Pretty much every song in it matches the scenario perfectly. You might as well call this my theme song.

As much as I like that, my favorite song in the game is Deeper.

Just a really relaxing, funky bunch of African jungle beats. There was an edit of it without the embarrassing vocals on YouTube, but the guy who uploaded it got his ass banned and my previous computer was sodomized by Trojans.

For being a part of the Recommended YouTube Poops of March 2011. For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years I think you dropped this, sir.

SuperYoshi

Maybe for Sonic Adventure 2's tenth anniversary they'll release the entire soundtrack with instrumental-only s...

...wait a minute.

Fucking hell where did that time go.

Dopply

I swear up and down I've heard an instrumental demo of those raps before. I know I have. It was on some Sonic site's Shoutcast radio, and they were airing the demo of Space Trip Steps among other songs and it was incredible.

This was years and years ago so I have no idea what site it was or who streamed it or what. I really regret it.

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying warn free for 9 years Thanks for contributing to that Chewstream. Granting permission for a card that was later dropped For releasing articles on YouChew's Best of the Year series from 2007-2015. It's gonna hurt It's yours, my friend Thanks for helping out with the new server Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For taking second place in 2014's Chew-or-Treat awards. Congratulations! For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years User with Funniest Avatars 2014
Spirit of YouChew 2017 Spirit of YouChew 2014, Most Likely to Rule the World 2014, Favorite Staff Member 2015
Spirit of YouChew 2016, Smartest User 2016, Most Helpful Member 2016, Favorite Staff Member 2016
User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Smartest User 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years August 2012 - Sentence mix-core, Classic For the categories of Funniest Signature and Spirit of YouChew.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2015 February 2012 - "Merlin's Penis" (Sentence mix-core) Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 34 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 34 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 215 days before it was shut down Cause he's Dopply!<br />
<br />
And for posting at the end of the Gen Chat thread! Yesterday should count, right? For my cock. Obviously. A thanks to myself, I suppose, pardner. Miss10 gave this to me, and congratulated me. I felt special. For moderator service. For the most Fucking Horrifying Character in Rabbit's Character Study contest.<br />
<br />
Good work!

SuperYoshi

Yeah, I remember talking to you about that. Was it by chance SEGASonic Radio? I listened to that a lot way back on dial up.

Emperor Ing

And whoever converted those Yoshi's Island songs to video format really needs to get their ears checked. They sound like someone put on an equalizer and just turned up everything so it sounds like shit.

Because if you are YOU need to get YOUR ears checked.

For the most part I really like Richard Jacques' renditions of the music in Sonic 3D blast (which is really about the only admirable or praiseworthy thing in the game), but I feel he dropped the ball (lol as if I could talk) on thehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqpSOMb3eSo, which was really just a beefed up version of the boss theme. Don't get me wrong; it's still great.

The original was sort of this weird sort of house/dance/jazz hybrid that was really cool and some great sounding pianos and squares:

Jun Senoue knew how to make some good Sonic music, at least before he must have been forced to make the crap for Sonic 4 ep1.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 6 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 67 days before it was shut down http://youchew.net/forum/index.php?/topic/20616-the-comparative-history-of-the-svirean-people/ For posting at the end of the Gen Chat thread! For doing something awesome, I dunno. THANKS FOR THE HELP, BROTHER Thanks for participating. Awarded to you as a member of the team Windows Movie Maker Miscreants for emerging victorious in the tennis season! Congratulations on the result of your teamwork, skill and endurance! For taking part. Tennis Fuck Choice award. you did it my boy, you won. the birds, how beautifully they sing in the pit.<br />
<br />
it is indeed clean. ing vs moogle was one of the best tennis matches i have watched, so you sir, get one of the hardest awards on the site For 10 For 5! The most well behaved giant tentacle dark ballsack to ever live. For service. Ribbit! Something about Tennis. For Best Overall Character in Rabbit's Character Study Contest.

Dopply

I refuse to believe Jun did Sonic 4. I still can't believe that shit. An otherwise pretty much perfect track record and then...that? I mean, no, really...was he starting on Generations' soundtrack or something and was too preoccupied? Did he think the game sucked ass anyway and just thought 'oh what the hell, I guess I'll make a shitty soundtrack with it'?

I really want to know.

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying warn free for 9 years Thanks for contributing to that Chewstream. Granting permission for a card that was later dropped For releasing articles on YouChew's Best of the Year series from 2007-2015. It's gonna hurt It's yours, my friend Thanks for helping out with the new server Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For taking second place in 2014's Chew-or-Treat awards. Congratulations! For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years User with Funniest Avatars 2014
Spirit of YouChew 2017 Spirit of YouChew 2014, Most Likely to Rule the World 2014, Favorite Staff Member 2015
Spirit of YouChew 2016, Smartest User 2016, Most Helpful Member 2016, Favorite Staff Member 2016
Smartest User 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years August 2012 - Sentence mix-core, Classic For the categories of Funniest Signature and Spirit of YouChew.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2015 February 2012 - "Merlin's Penis" (Sentence mix-core) Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 34 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 34 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 215 days before it was shut down Cause he's Dopply!<br />
<br />
And for posting at the end of the Gen Chat thread! Yesterday should count, right? For my cock. Obviously. A thanks to myself, I suppose, pardner. Miss10 gave this to me, and congratulated me. I felt special. For moderator service. For the most Fucking Horrifying Character in Rabbit's Character Study contest.<br />
<br />
Good work!

KinglyRed

OH BOY ARE WE TALKIN' SANIC MUSIC

I've always been fond of Rouge's themes from SA2. They're really jazzy, and jazz is one of my favorite genres of music so yeah

For staying strike free for 7 years. User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2016 For having a blog featured Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years

TyrannosaurusReich

To be honest I still kind of prefer Sonic Adventure's soundtrack. Not to say SA2's music isn't awesome either.

Dr. Strangebutts

On the subject of Sonic CD, I feel like I'm one of the few people who prefers the non-redbook audio above all else. Like, if you've ever seen any of my poops or Sath videos, you might have caught on by now that I generally sneak the past songs in there at some point.

is one of my favorite songs from any game ever. Can't really explain why. I guess much like Deeper, it's really funky and relaxing. And I love that synth piano. Hell, I like it so much that I named my new PS3 account after it (StarduskSpeedway). Wacky Workbench (Past) is Yamino's favorite song from CD, he's pretty much polluted my brain with that song, so I feel like giving it some dues, too.

KinglyRed

My favorite track from SA2 is probably Supporting Me.

Something about the how the vocals get drowned by the bass along with the muted guitar gives it a very bleak and distorted feeling. It really fits the fight it plays in, against an evil space lizard prototype inside a facsimile of an ancient tribe's holy ground surrounded by sludge.

Also

The song represents Shadow's creeping insanity, slowly eating away at his mind because of his past failure of not saving the only person that he ever truly loved when he could have easily done so.

It represents his anger and hatred for himself.

The distorted tone and melody is his sorrow and self loathing.

Shadow, knowing very well that he could die fighting this monster is trying desperately to hold on to his confidence and composure while trying to help save the world.

well said

For staying strike free for 7 years. User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2016 For having a blog featured Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years

Dopply

The vocals in that song are really well done, but it doesn't shine through in the original. The recent 3DS remix by Richard Jacques allow them to shine through even more. It's a really pretty song.

In addition, the composer and vocalist of that song, Everett Bradley, is a Grammy-nominated artist. In fact, the amount of musical talent that Jun pulls in is really impressive.

<br />
<br />
Good work!