• Announcements

• Whelt

Metroid Game Challenge!   09/03/2017

There's a Metroid game challenge going on now. Check it out in the Games forum!
SuperYoshi

VG Music Discussion

1,091 replies to this topic

SashicX   
SashicX

Ya know to be honest, I fucking enjoyed listening to Sonic Colors's VGM's. That game has some pretty neat catchy musics and I can't stop listening to them. Take "Planet Wisp" music for example.

2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Congratulations! For placing sixth in Mushrooms' Sonic CD competition. You've won a total of 85,000 Chewbucks! Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Ranked among December 2011's Top 10 list in the Sentence Mix-Core category. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 8 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 61 days before it was shut down

SuperYoshi   
SuperYoshi

I remember when I first beat SA 2, "Supporting Me" was the very first song I downloaded from it. Think I still have it on some old ass CD-R from 2002. But yeah, Richard Jacques' arrangement blows the original out of the water.

Wads of dosh For staying warn free for 9 years For your immense generosity. Thanks for helping out with the new server Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For having your blog entry featured. 2013, Smartest User 2014, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Smartest User 2015 2013, User with Coolest Avatars 2014, Favorite Staff Member 2014 2013
User with Coolest Signatures - 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years February 2012 - "I'D SAY HE'S HOT ON OUR TAIL" (Overall, Classic) Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 15 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 243 days before it was shut down

KinglyRed   
KinglyRed

This song is pretty much the essence of GOTTA GO FAST extracted and morphed into audio form

For staying strike free for 7 years. User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2016 For having a blog featured Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years

randomcontributor   
randomcontributor

On the subject of Sonic CD, I feel like I'm one of the few people who prefers the non-redbook audio above all else. Like, if you've ever seen any of my poops or Sath videos, you might have caught on by now that I generally sneak the past songs in there at some point.

is one of my favorite songs from any game ever. Can't really explain why. I guess much like Deeper, it's really funky and relaxing. And I love that synth piano. Hell, I like it so much that I named my new PS3 account after it (StarduskSpeedway). Wacky Workbench (Past) is Yamino's favorite song from CD, he's pretty much polluted my brain with that song, so I feel like giving it some dues, too.

I'm glad Sega wasn't hair-brained enough to take those out, because I love all of the Past songs.

For Mario music, this has to be my favorite theme.

And Matt, do you have that Bosconian soundtrack you posted earlier?

For staying warn free for 9 years For meeting Markie! For getting 20 awards Testing the IPS 4.0 Update Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 100 videos Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years March 2012 - "SOME ASIAN GUYS FIGHT OVER A ROOM KEY" (Classic) Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos December 2011 - Regular, Overall, Classic For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. Well done, Link. For being on the Vanilla forums for 72 days before it was shut down 25 poops in the showroom. For uploading 5 YTP's in the Showroom.

KinglyRed   
KinglyRed

It's not that they didn't want to, it's that they couldn't take them out.

Apparently the Past tracks were so deeply embedded into the game's code that the localization team just went "screw it" and left 'em in there

For staying strike free for 7 years. User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2016 For having a blog featured Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years

Dopply   
Dopply

It seems as though the artists Jun picks to work on soundtracks with him are some of his personal fans.

Did you know that he wanted Johnny to do the vocals for Open Your Heart (and subsequently Crush 40) because he was a fan of Hardline?

Did you know that he got Tony Harnell for It Doesn't Matter (and later, City Escape) because he liked TNT? Or that he wanted Ted Poley for Escape from the City because he liked Danger Danger?

Did you know that he was a fan of Nelson, and got Gunnar Nelson to do a song for him? (Team Chaotix)

Did you know that he got Paul Shortino from Rough Cutt, one of his favorite bands, to do E.G.G.M.A.N.?

Did you know he got Amir Derakh, also from Rought Cutt (but also in Orgy, Julien-K, and a myriad of other bands) to contribute music? (This Machine, Waking Up)

I could probably go on. Jun literally cherry picks artists he adored. That's so cool.

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying warn free for 9 years Thanks for contributing to that Chewstream. Granting permission for a card that was later dropped For releasing articles on YouChew's Best of the Year series from 2007-2015. It's gonna hurt It's yours, my friend Thanks for helping out with the new server Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For taking second place in 2014's Chew-or-Treat awards. Congratulations! For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years User with Funniest Avatars 2014
Spirit of YouChew 2017 Spirit of YouChew 2014, Most Likely to Rule the World 2014, Favorite Staff Member 2015
Spirit of YouChew 2016, Smartest User 2016, Most Helpful Member 2016, Favorite Staff Member 2016
User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Smartest User 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years August 2012 - Sentence mix-core, Classic For the categories of Funniest Signature and Spirit of YouChew.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2015 February 2012 - "Merlin's Penis" (Sentence mix-core) Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 34 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 34 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 215 days before it was shut down Cause he's Dopply!<br />
<br />
And for posting at the end of the Gen Chat thread! Yesterday should count, right? For my cock. Obviously. A thanks to myself, I suppose, pardner. Miss10 gave this to me, and congratulated me. I felt special. For moderator service. For the most Fucking Horrifying Character in Rabbit's Character Study contest.<br />
<br />
Good work!

SuperYoshi   
SuperYoshi

I downloaded some rip of Bosconian's songs a couple of years ago, but it was missing the drums for some reason so I got rid of it. I've never been able to find proper rips or MP3s to the game (Three tracks are on Revenge of Shinobi's OST, however). I'm amazed the entire game's soundtrack is on Youtube to begin with so I guess someone must have gotten ahold of the songs in some fashion.

Oh and they could've easily replaced the PCM audio for the Past tunes in Sonic CD. They did it without a problem replacing the intro and ending songs, both of which are PCM (They're just on the CD as audio tracks as a bonus).

Wads of dosh For staying warn free for 9 years For your immense generosity. Thanks for helping out with the new server Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For having your blog entry featured. 2013, Smartest User 2014, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Smartest User 2015 2013, User with Coolest Avatars 2014, Favorite Staff Member 2014 2013
User with Coolest Signatures - 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years February 2012 - "I'D SAY HE'S HOT ON OUR TAIL" (Overall, Classic) Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 15 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 243 days before it was shut down

Cantfly   
Cantfly

While this is completely irrelevant to video game music itself, I think I literally ruined the word "athletic" for myself after that fucking Turtle Christmas video I did

The fact that the word is used as the title for a lot of Mario songs for some reason doesn't help. Like, I don't even get it. It's just a completely random and irrelevant word that they use as the title for some of the tracks.

For staying warn free for 9 years Wads of dosh For being part of the Recommended Poops of December 2016 For getting 90 5-star ratings Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Thanks for the donation! For completing Super Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards to kick some tail Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos User with Funniest Signatures 2014, 
Best Writer 2014
User with Funniest Signatures 2015 November 2013 - "drake bell power slide" (Overall, Classic) Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 2013
User with Funniest Avatars - 2015
Best Writer 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks YOUTUBE'S NOT ATHLETIC December 2011 - Regular, Classic Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. http://youchew.net/forum/index.php?/page/index.html/_/mediareviews/bad-teacher-review-r384 You've had that down there for quite a while now, haven't you?<br />
<br />
Spreading Lago Love

Dr. Strangebutts   
Dr. Strangebutts

It's not that they didn't want to, it's that they couldn't take them out.

Apparently the Past tracks were so deeply embedded into the game's code that the localization team just went "screw it" and left 'em in there

I thought they were pretty much just chiptunes.

For being a part of the Recommended YouTube Poops of March 2011. For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years I think you dropped this, sir.

SuperYoshi   
SuperYoshi

Usually the "Athletic" pieces are used in stages with more platforming; generally in the sky and such.

randomcontributor   
randomcontributor

I downloaded some rip of Bosconian's songs a couple of years ago, but it was missing the drums for some reason so I got rid of it. I've never been able to find proper rips or MP3s to the game (Three tracks are on Revenge of Shinobi's OST, however). I'm amazed the entire game's soundtrack is on Youtube to begin with so I guess someone must have gotten ahold of the songs in some fashion.

Oh ok.

I also forgot to mention this work of beauty in my favorite Mario themes.

For staying warn free for 9 years For meeting Markie! For getting 20 awards Testing the IPS 4.0 Update Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 100 videos Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years March 2012 - "SOME ASIAN GUYS FIGHT OVER A ROOM KEY" (Classic) Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos December 2011 - Regular, Overall, Classic For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. Well done, Link. For being on the Vanilla forums for 72 days before it was shut down 25 poops in the showroom. For uploading 5 YTP's in the Showroom.

Dr. Strangebutts   
Dr. Strangebutts

Thanks for linking to Yoshi's Island music with better quality audio. Somebody needs to tell that Constantlimit guy to NOT record SNES music with a cheap desktop microphone.

For being a part of the Recommended YouTube Poops of March 2011. For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years I think you dropped this, sir.

randomcontributor   
randomcontributor

Fun fact: When I started getting into VGM, I converted YouTube videos into MP3 format. I got a lot of it from constantlimit.

Whelt   
Whelt

Wario Land II has a really unique soundtrack, I think.

Like a slow groove, pseudo Arabian I don't even know.

Metroid Prime 2 100% Metroid: Zero Mission early Varia Suit and Screw Attack Metroid: Zero Mission under 2 hours Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Friendliest User 2015, Smartest User 2015
User with Funniest Avatars 2016
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Member with Funniest Posts 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Smartest User 2017
Member with Funniest Posts 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2016
2013 For the categories of Spirit of YouChew and Funniest Posts.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

randomcontributor   
randomcontributor

Hey Matt, do you know where I can find a player for MDX (X68000) files?

MetalSocks240   
MetalSocks240

Wario Land II was really my favorite game boy soundtrack back then and it still is. It was even my first game boy game before I go to Pokemon or Super Mario Land.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 7 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 243 days before it was shut down For posting at the end of the Gen Chat thread!
For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week.

TyrannosaurusReich   
TyrannosaurusReich

You know something I've wondered, why is it that water-themed levels usually have the best songs in their respective games?

For writing at least 10,000 words in blog entries For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years HHHUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLKKKKKKK!!! Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 12 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 241 days before it was shut down

Babilonio   
Babilonio

My favorite non-CD, non-Generations Sonic soundtrack is definitely Sonic 3. Though I still haven't played Sonic 1 or S&K.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Congratulations! For placing second in Mushrooms' Sonic CD competition. You've won a total of 400,000 Chewbucks! Go nuts. March 2012 - Overall, Regular March 2012 - "Smoke weew ekoms" (YTPMV) Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 100 videos

Essemkay   
Essemkay

You know something I've wondered, why is it that water-themed levels usually have the best songs in their respective games?

I have no idea why, but I'll share my favorite anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TpHBz4evXU

And while I'm at it, I'll post another piece I love by Hidenori Shoji.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqGumy6GV4w

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Coming in 3rd in the Super Smash Smackdown! for Youchew&3DS Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years