Grease Witherspoon

General Television Discussion Thread

2,120 replies to this topic

Fretless

He did do the best episode, though.

Also, would it surprise anybody to know that Chris Savino did a webcomic about a catboy trying to fuck his mom?

Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 E3 Bingo 2015 "Best Artist" - 2014 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For having a blog entry featured. Getting 3rd in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest For participating in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest!

Nozdordomu

DIdn't the guy who made Clarence also get fired for sexual harassment? I would ask if there's some kind of problem in the cartoon business, but I know it's not unique to cartoons.

For staying warn free for 9 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Best Writer 2015 Questioning the Triforce of Wisdom's prophecy. mmmmmmmmm Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For having a blog entry featured. 2013, Best Writer 2014
Best Writer 2016 
Best Writer 2017 For meeting Malk at Amoeba. For "GWoNAM Has Not Died Yet" Well done, Link. Well done Link! Are you meen? Because I sure am ha ha ha! Thanks for being strike free. Best overall character in Rabbit's Character Study contest. Good work!

SharkhamAsylum
23 hours ago, Nozdordomu said:

DIdn't the guy who made Clarence also get fired for sexual harassment? I would ask if there's some kind of problem in the cartoon business, but I know it's not unique to cartoons.

I've seen it articulated on Twitter that a lot of the veterans and shot-callers in animation are men, and younger women entering the industry need mentors just like anyone else, but for sleazebags, it opens the door to a predatory relationship.

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For the category of Best Newcomer.

kingplatypus

Shame to hear about Chris Savino. I genuinely liked his work on Dexter and from what little I've seen of the show, Loud House seemed pretty good (did not know about the catboy incest comic though, what the fuck lol). Still, a sex offender is a sex offender. Can't have someone like that working with others. I'm sure Loud House can continue on without him, like Clarence did after Skylar Page was fired.

For staying warn free for 9 years For getting in the Bronze Tier donation group For getting 20 awards For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For clearing Super Mario Sunshine during our community challenge event & placing 5th in our Mario Madness Mario Kart 8 tournament. For clearing Super Mario Galaxy to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic 3 & Knuckles during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. For completing the Chao Race challenge during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For participating in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest For having your blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 68 days before it was shut down Here you go! For unique dedication to the... rabbit... girl scorpion things. Oh look, what clever users. Kingplatypus: Bulletproof.

Girla PurpleHeart

Ah fucking hell, I just started to enjoy The Loud House (I'm currently in Season 1). I felt sorry for the people who worked on that show and to be honest, I can't blame Nick for it. Hopefully the show will go on in Season 3 without him (and they might end it, I dunno).

For participating in the 2017 Spooky Poop Contest

For participating in the 2017 Spooky Poop Contest For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years 5 Completed Matches! *Victory Chime*  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos You participated in ten collaborations! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 36 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 20 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 239 days before it was shut down

Girla PurpleHeart

Sorry for the double post, but looks like over 200 women has stand against Sexual Harassment after what happened. It's about time too because most of the women got harassed by these people in the Animation Industry. Not only that, but I felt sorry for the kids who watched these shows created by the creators who harassed women via behind the scenes. It's nice to know that one of my favorite animators/writers stand up against harassment because these women don't deserved this kind of shit they've been through.

For participating in the 2017 Spooky Poop Contest

For participating in the 2017 Spooky Poop Contest For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years 5 Completed Matches! *Victory Chime*  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos You participated in ten collaborations! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 36 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 20 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 239 days before it was shut down

truteal

Don't worry, Nick will try their hardest not to kill the goose that lays golden eggs (Kevin Sullivan will take over and Ronnie Anne and her extended family might still get a spinoff)

For staying strike free for 1 year. Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

TAZ

Saturday Night Live went all in on David S. Pumpkins and created an animated special. The original sketch, starring Tom Hanks, was kind of funny for random humor. The character is unfunny and doesn't make any sense. I guess that's the joke?

With the animated special, they took a joke that wasn't even there and ran it into the ground. The plot is kind of like a Charlie Brown special with some bad jokes sprinkled on. The funniest thing about it is that they actually got Tom Hanks to play the role again. There's also narration from Peter Dinklage and a score from Mark Mothersbaugh. Obviously, the crowning achievement for each of their respective careers.

I hoped the animation would be nice, but I was really disappointed. It was in that generic looking "adult cartoon" style that we've seen so many times before. I'm tired of seeing this lazy and uninspired animation style.

The David S. Pumpkins Animated Halloween Special is as bad as it sounds. I wouldn't recommend it. It could barely hold my attention for the whole 21 minute runtime.

Thanks for the sweets yo! For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years July 2012 - Overall, Regular Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For meeting up with the folks at Ohayocon! Thanks for being Strike-Free!

Triple

I'm halfway through season 2 of Stranger Things, and it's fantastic! Feels like a natural continuation of the first season. Still has plenty of 1980s homages and is very fun and suspenseful. They're calling it "Stranger Things 2" in the title, which feels appropriate since this season is more like a tribute to 80s sequels.

For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Testing the IPS 4.0 Update Chewbot gives congrats for having 43 5-star ratings on your videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years February 2012 - "YTPMV: Big Beat Mario" (YTPMV) October 2011 For being on the Vanilla forums for 152 days before it was shut down *insert picture of King here* Congrats! Tonight I'm going to...suck your blood! Or ability to write Chewiki articles! Thanks!

Deaniac

I finished Stranger Things "2" myself last night. Overall, I thought it was great and a solid natural progression from the first season. I'm glad we got more focus to Will and Eleven, the former especially considering he only really appeared in the beginning, the end, and sporadically in between. His actor Noah Schnapp really knocked it out of the park.

Spoiler

Whereas the first season dealt with the cast getting Will out of the Upside Down, this season dealt with everyone getting the Upside Down out of Will, and his PSTD style flashes between Hawkins and The Upside Down were a great way to integrate that into the story. The way the "shadow monster" was heated/burned out of Will's body gave me serious Exorcist vibes, even though that's not an 80's movie and this series relishes in that aesthetic.

The additions of Max and Bob were much welcomed, even if I could tell that Bob wasn't going to make it out alive. Clearly, he was too good for this earth. I felt horrible for Max most of the time though. Not only did she come to Hawkins under the circumstances of divorce and she has an abusive brother that treats her like shit, but the guys also kinda treated her like shit by not letting her be a part of the group, especially Mike. I get that he was still hung up about what appeared to be Eleven's death and they couldn't explain the events of the previous year without taking a huge risk, but hadn't Max been through enough? I'm glad she ended up standing up for herself and her friends to her brother, though.

I'm glad Eleven/Jane found her birth mother and discovered she has a sister (holy shit??) who also shares similar psychic abilities. Too bad she had to ditch her over her criminal life. I could go on and on about the great dynamics and character development between the recurring characters (Hopper and Eleven with their father son dynamic, Dustin becoming less of a bully and more protective of the kiddos, Nancy and Johnathan's...thing), but then I would go on forever.

Also...the way Mike looked at Eleven when they reunited warmed my soul. Dustin's super 80's hairdo at the Snow Ball dance gave me life. This show continues to have the cutest kid actors and they should be protected by all means necessary.  

I heard the show will conclude with the fourth season, which is fine with me because I'd love to see what the next two years bring.

For staying warn free for 9 years For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting in the Bronze donation group For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Best Artist 2014, Best Artist 2015
Best Artist 2016 For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 55 days before it was shut down For winning this year's Ford Trivia Event. Hooray!

SharkhamAsylum

Does Stranger Things 2 have as much romance, and does it handle it as poorly, as I've heard? If that's the case, I may skip the new season. Not much can kill my interest in something faster than mishandled romantic subplots.

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For the category of Best Newcomer.

Nozdordomu

I just finished 2 Stranger Things myself. Overall, I liked it a lot more than the first season. It didn't have the same nostalgic feel, but the performances were great all around (Winona Ryder's acting was vastly improved in itself), the special effects were even better, and it wasn't quite as predictable. I wasn't a huge fan of episode seven, but the last two were pretty spectacular and redeemed it all for me. I understand they've already signed on for a third season, and though I'm not sure where they can go from here, I'll be excited to see it anyway.

Also, one of the new characters looks and sounds exactly like Eric Wareheim. I was shocked to learn he didn't play him.

For staying warn free for 9 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Best Writer 2015 Questioning the Triforce of Wisdom's prophecy. mmmmmmmmm Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For having a blog entry featured. 2013, Best Writer 2014
Best Writer 2016 
Best Writer 2017 For meeting Malk at Amoeba. For "GWoNAM Has Not Died Yet" Well done, Link. Well done Link! Are you meen? Because I sure am ha ha ha! Thanks for being strike free. Best overall character in Rabbit's Character Study contest. Good work!

Deaniac

Has anyone been watching the latest season of South Park lately?

So far, it's pretty good. The show is far less up its own ass with continuity plots and I'm generally enjoying it more than the last. Going back to mostly unconnected, ligher standoff episodes has certainly helped. Some of the elements from last season (Cartman's relationship with Heidi, Garrison as Trump, and the Member berries) were retained but they're kinda in the background now. The episode about Stan's grandpa and opiates has to be my favorite episode so far. It's so out there and feels the most like vintage South Park.

The only downside is that I forgot the season is only ten episodes just like the last few and that it's already a little over halfway over. Then again, it's good that those ten episodes aren't being used on overstuffed story arcs with unsatisfying conclusions.

Spoiler

So now that we know Cartman and Heidi's relationship is more of a Stockholm syndrome ordeal, I wonder if it will be dealt with any more by the time the season ends. Cartman is a toxic boyfriend (which should pose as a surprise to no one) but Heidi isn't any better for going back to him, even after her friends gave her a hard time about it.

For staying warn free for 9 years For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting in the Bronze donation group For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Best Artist 2014, Best Artist 2015
Best Artist 2016 For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 55 days before it was shut down For winning this year's Ford Trivia Event. Hooray!

Ben

Well then. It's a massive investment, but as others have talked about, they'll probably end up adapting The Silmarillion

Super Metroid complete You've GOT to be kidding Best Writer 2017 Millhouse, I'm so sorry! It sounds like you want ME more than you want this award. Season 2 For collecting all the silver cards For meeting Dark Fox! For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For completing Ocarina of Time during the community challenge. For having a blog featured For collecting all the bronze cards Best Writer 2016 For staying strike free for 3 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For releasing an article about the journey of entering the Navy. Congratulations! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

The Pope

If it's a prequel or something, then...fine.

Just...please don't remake the trilogy. Like, we need decades. Maybe a century even. The LotR films are among the best book to film adaptations of all time, and we don't need remakes muddying the waters anytime soon.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting 20 awards Wads of dosh It's like giving heals to each of your five idiot teammates. Except you never play healer. I do. It's definitely not Hancock loooool For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. User with Funniest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For getting in the Super Silver donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

appdirect

I would argue that a TV series format would work well for LotR, aren't the books like super long?

For staying warn free for 9 years Wads of dosh For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 20 awards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For staying strike free for 7 years. User with Funniest Signatures 2015 app has become Little "mmm" Richard For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Member with Funniest Posts 2014, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Member with Funniest Posts 2015, Member with Funniest Posts 2016, Member with Funniest Posts 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013 Remained strike-free for 3 years.

Ben

I haven't really read them myself, except for The Hobbit which I might have read years ago. And yeah, each book is several hundred pages long, and there's a ton of worldbuilding and backstory. There's also a lot of things in the books that were either altered, glossed over, or outright omitted for Peter Jackson's trilogy, so there's theoretically quite a bit of material that could be used if they wanted to do another adaptation of The Lord of The Rings, and far more if they wanted to adapt all or parts of The Silmarillion.

Based on what little I know, The Silmarillion could probably work in an episodic format, so I'm cautiously in favor of that. However, I'm not in favor of another adaptation of The Lord of The Rings quite yet, and there's the questions of whether this other material could be easily adapted, and whether it should be at all. I don't feel qualified to answer either question, so I'll defer to knowledgeable fans of Tolkien's books.

Super Metroid complete You've GOT to be kidding Best Writer 2017 Millhouse, I'm so sorry! It sounds like you want ME more than you want this award. Season 2 For collecting all the silver cards For meeting Dark Fox! For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For completing Ocarina of Time during the community challenge. For having a blog featured For collecting all the bronze cards Best Writer 2016 For staying strike free for 3 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For releasing an article about the journey of entering the Navy. Congratulations! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

SharkhamAsylum

hot take: it's a transparent attempt at making their own Game of Thrones and it's going to be really intense and political and bleak and Frodo is gonna fuck his sister or something

Maestro Snail

Seriously ... what was Dragomon's role going to be in the Digimon anime? Was he really only used for that one fever dream episode?

tumblr_nkif02i4cj1twzokoo3_1280.png

I have a card of him that looks awesome, and here he only appears by silhouette.

For staying warn free for 9 years Mmmmmm For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Wads of dosh For collecting 20 awards. For sharing the love with delicious, inedible candy! For receiving candy hearts from strangers! For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with 3 hearts during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker during the community challenge. User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2016
User with Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2017 Initial concept

Designed cards #8, #11, #17, #24, #27, #30, #51, #56, #58, #69, #87

Illustrated card #98

Designed background card and awards

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For coming in 1st in the Ghostly Art Contest 2015  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! For staying strike free for 7 years. Successfully met up with Richard Nixon's long-lost daughter. Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Ratburn Van Helsing Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years