Grease Witherspoon

General Television Discussion Thread

2,192 replies to this topic

bob

Bump

To anyone else watching the Mentalist, dontcha think the Red John plot has been played out by now? I was really, really hoping that it wouldve finished with the season finale, but it didnt. Shame too, it seemed like a good story, to become his desciple. But in the end it was like it never happened.

For clearing Super Mario Bros. during our community challenge event. For clearing Sonic 1 during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years User with Funniest Signatures 2014 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year For the category of Best Newcomer.

Cantfly

Since I've been planning on purchasing Netflix for a while now, I've been mapping out a few shows that I think would be worth a watch or that I've been wanting to watch for a while and managed to come up with these:

Twin Peaks

Ghost in the Shell

Wolf's Rain

The Twilight Zone

X-Files

Space Ghost Coast to Coast

Lost

House

The last two are kind of a stretch since they'd require a lot of dedication and I'd like to fit in some more smaller series in during the summer in order to get more content in before I inevitably leave for college, but I'd like to view as many of these as possible.

Regarding shows that are currently airing, I've pretty much just been watching Regular Show and Metalocalypse at the moment. Though June should be a really great month for returning shows since both Wilfred and Louie start their new seasons at the end of the month and Aqua Something You Know Whatever starts sometime in June too. I'm particularly interested in what'll happen in Wilfred after the cliffhanger that they left us on in the first season finale since it could either end up helping or hurting the show depending on how they handle it, but I still hope they pull it off well. And Louie is funny as always so I have no doubt that I'll enjoy that once the new episodes kick in again.

Also apparently [adult swim] confirmed in one of their bumps today that new Superjail episodes would begin September 30th. Awesome.

Metroid: Samus Returns 100% For staying warn free for 9 years Wads of dosh For being part of the Recommended Poops of December 2016 For getting 90 5-star ratings Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Thanks for the donation! For completing Super Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards to kick some tail Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos User with Funniest Signatures 2014, 
Best Writer 2014
User with Funniest Signatures 2015 November 2013 - "drake bell power slide" (Overall, Classic) Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 2013
User with Funniest Avatars - 2015
Best Writer 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks YOUTUBE'S NOT ATHLETIC December 2011 - Regular, Classic Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. http://youchew.net/forum/index.php?/page/index.html/_/mediareviews/bad-teacher-review-r384 You've had that down there for quite a while now, haven't you?<br />
<br />
Spreading Lago Love

G ☆

I don't really watch television, so I usually get DVDs of shows like Seinfeld(first 5 seasons) and I like the show Firefly.

Member with Funniest Posts 2018 Top 10 Videos of Mar 2018_2 Top 10 Videos of Mar 2018_2 (Regular) / Top 10 Videos of Mar 2018_2 (Sentence mix-core) / Top 10 Videos of Mar 2018_2 (Classic) The- Collab; 93 minutes and 55 unique entrants. The- Collab; 93 minutes and 55 unique entrants. The- Collab; 93 minutes and 55 unique entrants. For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For getting all the standard ornaments Guess. User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Spirit of YouChew Award 2018 That's a lot of love! For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards DIABEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EYELASHES For getting 20 awards For staying strike free for 5 years. Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For collecting all the silver cards. For completing Twilight Princess with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario Galaxy 2 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For completing SMB2: The Lost Levels (GBC version, 'For Super Players') during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Bros during the community challenge event. E3 Bingo 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 For referring Shinybeedrill and Lord of the Cats to YouChew. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

Grease Witherspoon

workaholics season 3 starts today. I'm stoked.

For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years For having a blog entry featured. 2013 2013 January 2013 - "Batmans Overtly Sexual Fair Use Adventure" (Sentence mix-core) December 2011 - Sentence mix-core Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 55 videos A whoppin' 25 videos uploaded.

G ☆

I took a look at Toonami. Kinda thing I'd flip to when bored, I guess.

The Mentalist

Firefly

The Twilight Zone

Deadman Wonderland

Death Note

Code Geass(heard it was coming on AS)

The Office(sometimes)

And others I can't remember. I don't watch TV that much.

Member with Funniest Posts 2018 Top 10 Videos of Mar 2018_2 Top 10 Videos of Mar 2018_2 (Regular) / Top 10 Videos of Mar 2018_2 (Sentence mix-core) / Top 10 Videos of Mar 2018_2 (Classic) The- Collab; 93 minutes and 55 unique entrants. The- Collab; 93 minutes and 55 unique entrants. The- Collab; 93 minutes and 55 unique entrants. For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For getting all the standard ornaments Guess. User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Spirit of YouChew Award 2018 That's a lot of love! For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards DIABEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EYELASHES For getting 20 awards For staying strike free for 5 years. Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For collecting all the silver cards. For completing Twilight Princess with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario Galaxy 2 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For completing SMB2: The Lost Levels (GBC version, 'For Super Players') during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Bros during the community challenge event. E3 Bingo 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 For referring Shinybeedrill and Lord of the Cats to YouChew. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

NAveryW

Now that Community's been tampered with, the only shows I'm continuing to watch as they air are Parks & Recreation and Adventure Time.

Right now I'm halfway through Police Squad!. I highly recommend it to anyone who likes ZAZ-style comedy. The jokes density is incredible.

For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus You watched Masketta Phantasmagoria with Benedetto and Dark Fox. For staying warn free for 9 years For getting 90 5-star ratings Thanks for contributing to that Chewstream. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting 20 awards For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for having 111 5-star ratings on your videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Thrashblade Oelkers Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Best YouTube Pooper 2014 Getting 1st in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 2013, Best Artist 2014, Member with Funniest Posts 2014
Best YouTube Pooper 2016 2013
Best YouTube Pooper 2015

User with Funniest Avatars 2016 April 2013 - "walrusguy where do u get the censorship beep sound effect" (Classic) Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 7 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 225 days before it was shut down He has contributed some articles Interviewed. For winning lucky lottery.

Cantfly

Has anyone here been watching The Eric Andre Show on [adult swim] lately? I've gotta say, so far I've gotten a good amount of laughs about it. It's really fucking insane.

This had me laughing my ass off for the entire two minutes. Priceless.

Metroid: Samus Returns 100% For staying warn free for 9 years Wads of dosh For being part of the Recommended Poops of December 2016 For getting 90 5-star ratings Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Thanks for the donation! For completing Super Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards to kick some tail Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos User with Funniest Signatures 2014, 
Best Writer 2014
User with Funniest Signatures 2015 November 2013 - "drake bell power slide" (Overall, Classic) Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 2013
Best Writer 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks YOUTUBE'S NOT ATHLETIC December 2011 - Regular, Classic Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. http://youchew.net/forum/index.php?/page/index.html/_/mediareviews/bad-teacher-review-r384 You've had that down there for quite a while now, haven't you?<br />
<br />
Spreading Lago Love

Deaniac

I've been watching The Ricky Gervais Show as of late. I just finished the first season tonight. Pretty entertaining stuff. Karl's Diary has to be my favorite segment of the show so far. I'm really glad Monkey News was phased out in favor it (to be fair it started out funnier, but it just got more and more predictable with Ricky and Steven riffing on Karl throughout the entire story.)

Now that Community's been tampered with, the only shows I'm continuing to watch as they air-

I'm not going to write off Community just yet. Yeah, Dan Harmon was fired, but I'm going to watch at least a handful of episodes directed by the new showrunners before determining whether the show is good as gone.

For staying warn free for 9 years For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting in the Bronze donation group For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Best Artist 2014, Best Artist 2015
Best Artist 2016 For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 55 days before it was shut down For winning this year's Ford Trivia Event. Hooray!

Superchops

I figure this is the best place to post this, so here it is:

Fuck the Jeremy Kyle Show. Fuck it, fuck it, fuck it.

For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years For having a blog entry featured. For writing 10608 words worth in blog entries. October 2012 - "Unstoppable Bottom Force" (Overall, Regular) Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year May 2012 - Overall, Regular, Sentence mix-core Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 7 videos

Grease Witherspoon

I troed to watch a british show called merlin today. But i just kept thinking about that merlins penis video dopply made and i also kept comparing it to game of thrones. Unfortunately game of thrones is miles above merlin so i stopped watching it. British shows gross me out a little. I dont know why. Something about the cinematography or the way british shows are shot so surgically.

For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years For having a blog entry featured. 2013 2013 January 2013 - "Batmans Overtly Sexual Fair Use Adventure" (Sentence mix-core) December 2011 - Sentence mix-core Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 55 videos A whoppin' 25 videos uploaded.

Grease Witherspoon

Last night I saw the show Trailer Park Boys for the first time. It's one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Dr. Strangebutts

I don't have cable anymore and I don't really need it. With House's conclusion, I'm probably not going to follow much on TV anymore aside from Dan vs.

Mostly just watching stuff and poop on Netflix.

For being a part of the Recommended YouTube Poops of March 2011. For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years I think you dropped this, sir.

DMW90

I've been watching IFC's Comedy Bang Bang show, and its pretty damn good. If you're a fan of Mr. Show, the show is pretty much that, but with a talk show premise(just like the podcast the show is based off of). Even though I enjoy the original podcast, I feel the jokes translates better on the show, the whole bit in episode 1 with Zach G struggling with imaginig a world where dogs can talk was fucking hysterical.

Aquabats show is also good, though judging on how the season finale went, it feels like the Hub is not giving it anothe season. Shame though, its pretty damn good while it lasted, especially the Stong Bad magician episode.

Other than those, and the impatient waiting for MTV to finally release the TV premiere date of the new Liquid TV done by Titmouse Inc, not much TV surfing aside from Regular Show and Toonami these days. Probably a good chance to backtrack on series I missed, perhaps getting the previous seasons of Archer and Ricky Gervais Show on DVD and marathoning them.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years YOUCHEW! YOUCHEW! YEAH YEAH YEAH! YOUCHEW! YOUCHEW! RAH RAH RAH! Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo event! Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 9 videos

Cantfly

I'm glad I'm not the only one that's been watching Comedy Bang Bang lately. It's indeed hilarious.

JUST MAKE THAT DOG TALK ZACH

Best Writer 2014
<br />
Spreading Lago Love

Grease Witherspoon

I like what I've seen from comedy bang bang so far but I think it's mostly just that the show has had good guests and reggie watts is really entertaining. That scott ackerman guy seems like he's a good enough guy but his jokes fall flat most of the time. Like there are lots of boring segments inbetween the good stuff and I still didn't laugh out loud at it other than will fortes bit in the first one and the marionette guy in the second episode. I wouldn't say it was the funniest show on tv but its watchable and amusing for sure.

kingplatypus

At Walmart the other day a TV had Boomerang on. I can't believe that they're still using the same, ol' promos they've been using since it launched more than 10 years ago. I love their promos so I'm glad to see they still haven't changed them.

Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For staying warn free for 9 years For getting in the Bronze Tier donation group For getting 20 awards For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For clearing Super Mario Sunshine during our community challenge event & placing 5th in our Mario Madness Mario Kart 8 tournament. For clearing Super Mario Galaxy to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic 3 & Knuckles during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. For completing the Chao Race challenge during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For participating in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest For having your blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 68 days before it was shut down Here you go! For unique dedication to the... rabbit... girl scorpion things. Oh look, what clever users. Kingplatypus: Bulletproof.

Spiral

I've been watching a lot of House and Psych as of late. Why I didn't watch the former more while it was still running, I've got no clue.

For staying warn free for 9 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Thanks for being Strike-Free! Congrats on winning YCP Trivia! Oh boy, 5 matches! For loving lago! Thanks for all the damn contributions! For writing news.

Cantfly

The season premiere of Wilfred was on tonight. I really liked it too; while I feel like they pretty much resolved all of the cliffhangers in a semi-predictable way it was still interesting to watch Ryan struggle to that realization. It'll be interesting to see what kind of ground they cover this time, and where they take the whole concept from here now that things are back to normal now.

Also, the season premiere of Louie is next week. So excited.

Best Writer 2014
<br />
Spreading Lago Love

Dr. Strangebutts

I've been watching a lot of House and Psych as of late. Why I didn't watch the former more while it was still running, I've got no clue.

House is pretty awesome despite 90% of seasons 6 and 7 being really fucked up and I don't mean that in a good way at all. You'll probably know what I mean you get there. It's a great show, but as the years went on, things gradually got out of focus. Season 8 at least, redeemed the missteps they took during those years.

On the flip side, the writing and acting is so sharp that even a bad episode will have good moments. I can only think of like 3 episodes that were truly abysmal.

For being a part of the Recommended YouTube Poops of March 2011. For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years I think you dropped this, sir.

AGSMA

Hey, Fox, how about, I dunno, SHOWING ANY OTHER SEASON OF THE SIMPSONS THAT ISN'T THE 18TH OR THE 19TH ONE?

I'm not sure what is worse, this, or Family Guy. If they could just re-run the series from the start I would be satisfied but nope they're people from Fox they know what to do they can go the most mainstream they can do.

For being part of the six-way tie for 2nd Place in the 2017 Ghostly Art Contest! Spirit of YouChew 2017 That's a lot of love! bubble gum and taffy For receiving some chalky, tasteless candy! For giving away those sweet treats! Gave Umigame an AGSMA attack. For participating in the 2009 and 2010 Secret Santa event For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards For getting 20 awards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos mmmmmricher Congrats on having completed 5 matches!