Cantfly

General Film Discussion

5,096 replies to this topic

Girla PurpleHeart

Wow, the ratings of that trailer looks pretty bad, and when I mean bad, I mean a lot of cringe and salt is going on the comments. But yeah, I prefer Trouble in Tokyo better, since I really enjoy the original Teen Titans, and that I'm not really of a fan of Teen Titans Go! itself for personal reasons. But yeah, this movie is going to get awfully bad when it hits to theaters.

For participating in the 2017 Spooky Poop Contest

For participating in the 2017 Spooky Poop Contest For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years 5 Completed Matches! *Victory Chime*  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos You participated in ten collaborations! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 36 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 20 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 239 days before it was shut down

ravinrabbid123

Well, at least it's self aware about the negativity the show gets. Which, as a show in of itself, isn't terrible, it's on par with all the other mediocre CN shows out there imo. It's just a shame how they portray certain characters (coughRavencough) vastly different to the original comic/old series ones. 

In fact I'd say it's a similar situation to the early Rabbid games; they're ok as games themselves, but why say it's Rayman and not have it be its own thing? Teen Titans Go! would be a lot more well received if it wasn't, well, the Teen Titans, and instead using a mishmash of new or more obscure superheroes.

BWAAAH! You can’t spell succesful without esful. sometimes pizza times it sometimes it sometimes it sometimes pizza times pizza For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For participating in the 2017 Spooky Poop Contest! Congrats on taking 1st Place in the 2017 Spooky Poop Contest! Placing 2nd in Chew-or-Treat (2017) You're not afraid of DRAGONS, are you? Oh hey, you got 10 matches. Congrats! For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! You are victorious! You won the Match Voting Tournament alongside Gamebop! Well done! That's a lot of love! For staying strike free for 3 years. bubble gum and taffy Try it on, ravin! For receiving candy during the Valentines Day event! Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 20 awards For collecting all the silver cards Best Artist 2016
Best Artist 2017
Best Tenniser 2017
Friendliest User 2017
User with Funniest Signatures 2017
Spirit of YouChew 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2018
Spirit of YouChew Award 2018
Friendliest User 2018 Spirit of YouChew Award 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016 For collecting all 60 bronze cards! it's only FICTIONAL MONEY Participated in the 2015 YouTube Poop Secret Santa LaVie est belle ;)
Ninero
BeanosOnToast
NataliaHTTPS
Biodegradable Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For getting all the standard ornaments In the name of science Welcome to Outer Heaven. For coming in 2nd in the Ghostly Art Contest 2015  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Thanks for the donation Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Best Newcomer 2015
Friendliest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2018 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year January 2015 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Deaniac
21 hours ago, Fretless said:

I think the bitching and moaning is justified when they basically play it on repeat non-stop, and decide to do week-long marathons of nothing but this show whenever there's a holiday.

Whoever is in charge of scheduling at CN is to blame. Not like the production staff planned or could have ever predicted that the show would be as spammed to hell and back as it is. Also, it's not like negative press is slowing down the show's momentum, much less with its intended age group. Nielsen now factors in social media attention when weighing the success of programming, and that's not factoring in the number of YouTube rants on the matter.

I totally understand why this movies being made though, the quick cash-in that it may be. Even if it doesn't do so hot at the box office, the movie will be cheap to produce considering it will still be using the Flash animation process directly from the show, so either way it's still an easy day at the bank for Warner Bros.

I'm still impartial to the show and this is a borderline cynical mentality, but I understand why it's being done.

For staying warn free for 9 years For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting in the Bronze donation group For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Best Artist 2014, Best Artist 2015
Best Artist 2016 For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 55 days before it was shut down For winning this year's Ford Trivia Event. Hooray!

Nozdordomu

The Oscar nominations are out. You know, I'm actually pretty okay with them this time: no really glaring omissions, a lot of noms for genre films like Get Out and Shape of Water, pretty diverse nominees. People are going to complain anyway, I know, but I might actually want to watch the ceremony again this year.

For getting 20 awards For being a part of the Recommended Poops of November 2017 For staying warn free for 9 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Best Writer 2015 Questioning the Triforce of Wisdom's prophecy. mmmmmmmmm Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For having a blog entry featured. 2013, Best Writer 2014
Best Writer 2016 
Best Writer 2017 For meeting Malk at Amoeba. For "GWoNAM Has Not Died Yet" Well done, Link. Well done Link! Are you meen? Because I sure am ha ha ha! Thanks for being strike free. Best overall character in Rabbit's Character Study contest. Good work!

appdirect

For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For getting all the standard ornaments For staying warn free for 9 years Wads of dosh For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 20 awards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For staying strike free for 7 years. User with Funniest Signatures 2015 app has become Little "mmm" Richard For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Member with Funniest Posts 2014, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Member with Funniest Posts 2015, Member with Funniest Posts 2016, Member with Funniest Posts 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013 Remained strike-free for 3 years.

Tug
50 minutes ago, Nozdordomu said:

The Oscar nominations are out. You know, I'm actually pretty okay with them this time: no really glaring omissions, a lot of noms for genre films like Get Out and Shape of Water, pretty diverse nominees. People are going to complain anyway, I know, but I might actually want to watch the ceremony again this year.

I know I’m kinda fulfilling your prophecy, but I am disappointed Logan didn’t get more noms along with all these other genre entries.

For eloquently describing your thoughts on USA Today's article depicting YouTube Poops. For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For getting 20 awards For getting all the standard ornaments For making da Youchew Pizza, mama-mia! Metroid Fusion 100% For staying strike free for 3 years. I actually decided based on upvotes. That's a lot of love! WE'VE GOT TROUBLE Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Thanks for the donation Testing the IPS 4.0 Update User with Coolest Avatars 2015 Best Newcomer 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year When you're chased by... For participating in the 2014 Spooky Poop Contest! For taking third place in the 2014 Spooky Poop Contest. Congratulations! October 2014 - Sentence mix-core, Classic Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

The Pope

I wish The Disaster Artist got more noms, but at least The Shape of Water and Get Out got decent exposure.

Also outside of Coco and that 2D movie, the nominees for animated film are utterly laughable. "Academy-Award Winner The Boss Baby".

For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting 20 awards Wads of dosh It's like giving heals to each of your five idiot teammates. Except you never play healer. I do. It's definitely not Hancock loooool For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. User with Funniest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For getting in the Super Silver donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

Gray Shadow
16 hours ago, Nozdordomu said:

Y'know, I recall having an argument with my brother over whether Your Name was gonna get nominated for an Oscar a while ago, since he claimed that the only reason it wasn't last year was because it hadn't been in theaters for six weeks by the time the awards came around. Seems like he owes me some money. If only I could remember how much...

For staying strike free for 3 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

Whelt

Your Name is a 2016 movie, and don't nominations go by when the movie was released in its country of origin? I'm not actually sure how it works.

The galaxy is at peace Metroid: Samus Returns 100% Metroid Fusion complete Metroid Prime 2 100% Metroid: Zero Mission early Varia Suit and Screw Attack Metroid: Zero Mission under 2 hours Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013
User with Funniest Avatars 2015
Spirit of YouChew Award 2015
Friendliest User 2015
Smartest User 2015
User with Funniest Avatars 2016
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Member with Funniest Posts 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Smartest User 2017
Member with Funniest Posts 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Most Helpful Member 2018
Smartest User 2018
Most Likely to Rule the World 2018 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2016
2013 For the categories of Spirit of YouChew and Funniest Posts.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

Gray Shadow
2 hours ago, Whelt said:

Your Name is a 2016 movie, and don't nominations go by when the movie was released in its country of origin? I'm not actually sure how it works.

According to my brother (who was the one so insistent on it getting nominated) it has to be in theaters for 6 weeks prior to the awards, so it didn't qualify. I don't know if that's true, and I didn't buy it at the time.

For staying strike free for 3 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

kingplatypus

I'm upset that out of the two Dreamworks movies that came out this year, they went with Boss Baby over Captain Underpants. The CU movie clearly had so much creativity and love put into it, not to mention it was much more well received. Honestly, it was my favorite movie that came out last year. It was so fucking great to see a theatrical animated movie so unapologetically wacky and cartoony, mixing a bunch of different styles together and staying so true and respectful to the source material (no doubt it helped that Dreamworks themselves weren't the ones who designed and animated it). There's none of that souless, corporate/Hollywood, cash-grab stink that plagues so many other Dreamworks movies, like Boss Baby. Plus, how amazing would it have been to have something as absurd as Captain Underpants be nominated for an Oscar in the first place?

Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For staying warn free for 9 years For getting in the Bronze Tier donation group For getting 20 awards For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For clearing Super Mario Sunshine during our community challenge event & placing 5th in our Mario Madness Mario Kart 8 tournament. For clearing Super Mario Galaxy to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic 3 & Knuckles during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. For completing the Chao Race challenge during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For participating in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest For having your blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 68 days before it was shut down Here you go! For unique dedication to the... rabbit... girl scorpion things. Oh look, what clever users. Kingplatypus: Bulletproof.

Gray Shadow
9 hours ago, kingplatypus said:

I'm upset that out of the two Dreamworks movies that came out this year, they went with Boss Baby over Captain Underpants. The CU movie clearly had so much creativity and love put into it, not to mention it was much more well received. Honestly, it was my favorite movie that came out last year. It was so fucking great to see a theatrical animated movie so unapologetically wacky and cartoony, mixing a bunch of different styles together and staying so true and respectful to the source material (no doubt it helped that Dreamworks themselves weren't the ones who designed and animated it). There's none of that souless, corporate/Hollywood, cash-grab stink that plagues so many other Dreamworks movies, like Boss Baby. Plus, how amazing would it have been to have something as absurd as Captain Underpants be nominated for an Oscar in the first place?

I'm pretty sure that was the issue. The committee didn't want to nominate a movie called "Captain Underpants" because obviously that's too undignified for the Oscars.

zoc

I mean, a movie called 'Boss Baby' of all things isn't THAT much more dignified lol

User with Funniest Signatures 2017
Friendliest User 2018 SURE! WHAT'S A BIG SISTER FOR? For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Thanks for the donation Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Congratulations on getting the award you've longed to get for the longest time now! For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years January 2013 - Brain rape/Rape-core Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. For being on the Vanilla forums for 87 days before it was shut down

Cornflakes

DU8ic8b.jpg

Reminder that this film was also nominated for Best Animated Feature. 

Brush in the morning and Brush in the morning and Brush in the morning and Brush in the morning and Brush in the morning and Brush in the morning and Brush in the morning and Brush in the morning and Brush in the morning and Brush in the morning and Brush in the morning and Brush in the morning and Brush in the morning and Brush in the morning and Brush in the morning and Brush in the morning and Brush in the morning and Brush in the morning and Brush in the morning and brush in the morning For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards PIZZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA For being part of the six-way tie for 2nd Place in the 2017 Ghostly Art Contest! For participating in the 2017 Ghostly Art Contest! For staying strike free for 5 years. For collecting all the silver cards Eyelashes! Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For spending all your Chewbucks on children's card games For collecting all the bronze cards For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For getting all the standard ornaments For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards Phil Collins. Oh and I like to request the Robo-Racquet award for completing 5 multi-way tennis way matches. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 100 videos Thanks for the donation! Have the fun! Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Completed Matches: 10 It's yours, my friend Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 For participating in the 2013 Spooky Poop Halloween contest Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos For participating in 10 successful collabs. For 5 completed matches. August 2012 - "FRED FUCKSTONE IS AT IT AGAIN!!" (Brain rape/Rape-core) August 2012 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Brillemeister
On 1/23/2018 at 9:45 PM, The Pope said:

Also outside of Coco and that 2D movie, the nominees for animated film are utterly laughable. "Academy-Award Winner The Boss Baby".

My thought exactly. Part of me thinks the category was only created to prevent another Beauty and the Beast scenario.

For staying strike free for 1 year.

SharkhamAsylum

I understand the need for a best animated feature category, but I think The Academy is unfairly using the designation as a ghetto from which they pluck out whatever it was Disney or Pixar released during the year. 

At least in my eyes, given what is possible in a live action film and what is possible in an animated film, and what is impossible in each, and accounting for how different the production of each type of film is, I think that each has its own distinct context for gauging its technical or artistic achievement. If Loving Vincent was live-action, for example, it'd just be another biopic, but as an animated film in which each frame is a painstakingly made painting, it's a virtually unprecedented work of animation. I honestly hope that it gets the win over Coco just for that—modern CGI animation continues to dazzle and get better, but fuck, something like Loving Vincent blows my mind if I think about it for more than five seconds. I'd hope that if it got the award, it'd inspire more diversity in the craft and encourage more animators or studios to take bold risks with the medium and do new, spectacular things. I think that sentiment ought to apply to each of the Academy's categories.

It's just a shame, because animation in America generally is made for children, so it's children's movies that get made and become popular, so the reputation of animation being juvenile is reinforced...so it's children's movies like Boss Baby that get nominated for academy awards.

For staying strike free for 7 years. Member with Funniest Posts 2018 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For the category of Best Newcomer.

The Pope

I dunno, I respect the shit out of Loving Vincent, but Coco was absolutely magnificent. And this is coming from a guy who would much prefer animated movies to have a wider range of maturity levels.

But I definitely agree that the Best Animated Picture category is a ghetto that needs looking into; it's not like we see "Best Picture With Some CG Dragons In It" or "Best Picture That Took Place In World War II"; it's so goddamn arbitrary, and it only goes to further create a divide in peoples' minds where animated movies aren't "real" movies.

I'll say this though, if "Remember Me" from Coco loses to "This is Me" from The Greatest Showman like it did at the Golden Globes, then just fuck everything.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting 20 awards Wads of dosh It's like giving heals to each of your five idiot teammates. Except you never play healer. I do. It's definitely not Hancock loooool For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. User with Funniest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For getting in the Super Silver donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

Whelt

I liked Coco, but I have to say I'm growing tired of movies that go for inoffensive mass appeal. Your blockbusters and the like. But that's probably my own fault for not seeking out more unique films.

The galaxy is at peace Metroid: Samus Returns 100% Metroid Fusion complete Metroid Prime 2 100% Metroid: Zero Mission early Varia Suit and Screw Attack Metroid: Zero Mission under 2 hours Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013
User with Funniest Avatars 2015
Spirit of YouChew Award 2015
Friendliest User 2015
Smartest User 2015
User with Funniest Avatars 2016
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Member with Funniest Posts 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Smartest User 2017
Member with Funniest Posts 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Most Helpful Member 2018
Smartest User 2018
Most Likely to Rule the World 2018 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2016
2013 For the categories of Spirit of YouChew and Funniest Posts.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

The Pope

MovieBob has made this point, but it's okay for movies like Moana and Coco to have standard stories that mass audiences won't have grievances because that helps to normalize Polynesian and Mexican cultures. If they were too weird, nobody would see them. For lack of a better term, they're being social justice warriors, but in a good way; they're helping other cultures feel more normal rather than them being "others".