• Announcements

• Whelt

Regarding the recent update   07/20/2017

As you may be aware, the forum software underwent an update that turned out to be somewhat buggy. We rolled back the update for now, and will plan on making a more smooth transition later on in the future. In the meantime, you may notice the forum loading slowly as a lot of processes are running right now. We ask for your continued patience, and apologize for any inconvenience.
DMW90

Game Grumps/Steam Train Thread

6,057 posts in this topic

I'm surprised nobody really made a thread for this thing since I keep seeing Game Grumps jokes around this forum, but here it is. It'sa Jontron. It'sa Egoraptor. They do games together. Straight to the point. The best videos to start with is the Goof Troop series of GG vids.

But other than that, currently they're doing Mega Man 7, Pokemon Emerald, Secret of Mana, and according to the newest episode

They're probably doing Smash Bros Brawl's story mode.

Anyhow, Grumps.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years YOUCHEW! YOUCHEW! YEAH YEAH YEAH! YOUCHEW! YOUCHEW! RAH RAH RAH! Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo event! Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 9 videos

Its odd to say this, but with a lot of these games, I hope they dont play all the way through.

Like with pokemon, or maybe mana, it might take too long for them to finish and will stop being funny.

For clearing Super Mario Bros. during our community challenge event. For clearing Sonic 1 during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years User with Funniest Signatures 2014 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year For the category of Best Newcomer.

With their rate of progress in Pokemon, there is a good chance they'll stop playing it fairly soon.

I would like to see Game Grumps play Mario Kart Double-Dash co-op. They might not get many episodes out of it, but imagine what would happen with both of them on the same kart.

For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years August 2012 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Five of them videos uploaded.

WELCOME BACK TO GOOFIMPS DON'T

About time someone made a thread on Game Grumps. It has to be my favorite new channel in a long time.

As for the games they choose to play they should stick to short co-op games they can wrap up in 10-12 vids. That's why Goof Troop is their funniest game yet, but really any short game will do. I really want to see them tackle a classic Sonic game, it would be kind of co-op with Tails getting left behind if a second player is tagging along. If they were to play a Sonic game though, I'd picture them choosing CD.

You want it?  It's yours, my friend. For staying warn free for 9 years For completing Adventure of Link during the community challenge. For getting 20 awards For completing Mario 2: The Lost Levels during our community challenge event. For completing all of the games required for this awesome award during the community challenge event. Winning Ghostly Art Contest 2014 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Thanks so much for your generosity! For taking first place in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest. Congratulations! For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Thanks a lot for your very generous donation! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Congratulations! For placing third in Mushrooms' Sonic CD competition. You've won a total of 275,000 Chewbucks! For being on the Vanilla forums for 186 days before it was shut down The Lagomorphs love you right back. You deserve a medal, Doc.

I also hope this can also be a jontron/egoraptor general thread. Because apparently jon is working on new videos now that he has the time, and egoraptor's sequelitis series seem good enough for discussion too.

For clearing Super Mario Bros. during our community challenge event. For clearing Sonic 1 during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years User with Funniest Signatures 2014 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year For the category of Best Newcomer.

As for the games they choose to play they should stick to short co-op games they can wrap up in 10-12 vids. That's why Goof Troop is their funniest game yet, but really any short game will do. I really want to see them tackle a classic Sonic game, it would be kind of co-op with Tails getting left behind if a second player is tagging along. If they were to play a Sonic game though, I'd picture them choosing CD.

I think Sonic would be about as difficult as Mega Man for them, unless they grew up as Sega kids, which, judging by all the SNES games, they probably didn't. Classic Sonic is really hard for anyone who didn't play it as a kid.

But yeah, short, not extremely difficult co-op games are the way to go. There probably aren't many of those on the Super Nintendo, come to think of it.

Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Friendliest User 2015, Smartest User 2015
User with Funniest Avatars 2016
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Member with Funniest Posts 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Smartest User 2017
Member with Funniest Posts 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2016
2013 For the categories of Spirit of YouChew and Funniest Posts.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

I really don't like JonTron so it's hard for me to enjoy this. Egoraptor, while he annoys me at times, does know what he's talking about when it comes to video games. JonTron, on the other hand, is one of those big N64 fanboys and from everything I've seen from him, he never really looks at things outside of his childhood perspective; something a lot of N64 fanboys do for some reason. But that's neither here nor there. Another problem is that these things just go on way too long. Why are their clips only ten minutes long a piece? Why are they uploaded so spratically and out of order? Why don't they just cut out the bits they don't think are funny or interesting enough for a whole video and just fill it with 15 minutes of material they think is enjoyable? Why does nobody do this? Slowbeef and Diabetus seem to be the only exception in that they'll talk over longplays for the entire game and manage to be entertaining all the way. Maybe because I enjoy their deadpan and sarcasm more.

Wads of dosh For staying warn free for 9 years For your immense generosity. Thanks for helping out with the new server Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For having your blog entry featured. 2013, Smartest User 2014, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Smartest User 2015 2013, User with Coolest Avatars 2014, Favorite Staff Member 2014 2013
User with Coolest Signatures - 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years February 2012 - "I'D SAY HE'S HOT ON OUR TAIL" (Overall, Classic) Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 15 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 243 days before it was shut down

Jontron isnt that big of a fanboy, and if youve seen his stuff he is totally self aware of it. And its not like he goes around saying he's an expert on vidya, he just likes video games and the most nostalgic to him are Rare games, mostly for the n64. nowadays he doesnt even play consoles much at all compared to his rig. His videos are more like sketches than anything else, and are pretty entertaining. and whenever he does have something constructive to say, its pretty solid.

as for egoraptor, I would say his stuff has gotten better recently, and his sequelitis series alone makes him worth listening to.

Over two years later, in case anyone reads this. Egoraptor is a shithead and his series went from passable cartoons to unfunny uninformed shit. Fuck game grumps, and fuck you.

Edited by Sauce

I saw one video where he said A Link to the Past was not only the most overrated game of all time but the worst Zelda game ever because he thinks Ocarina of Time is better, all the while pulling that "Yeah, I liked it as a kid but you should take off your rose tinted glasses, people!" card. Augh my god.

how does that how

Wads of dosh For staying warn free for 9 years For your immense generosity. Thanks for helping out with the new server Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For having your blog entry featured. 2013, Smartest User 2014, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Smartest User 2015 2013, User with Coolest Avatars 2014, Favorite Staff Member 2014 2013
User with Coolest Signatures - 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years February 2012 - "I'D SAY HE'S HOT ON OUR TAIL" (Overall, Classic) Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 15 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 243 days before it was shut down

I saw one video where he said A Link to the Past was not only the most overrated game of all time but the worst Zelda game ever because he thinks Ocarina of Time is better, all the while pulling that "Yeah, I liked it as a kid but you should take off your rose tinted glasses, people!" card. Augh my god.

how does that how

that was old, and he has gone on record regretting ever making that video, and changed his mind about many of the games on there.

I for one hope he includes metroid prime, because seeing him add that on the list almost physically hurt me.

Goddamn, Egoraptor is one ugly motherfucker.

He looks rather average to me. You know, when he's not making faces.

Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 E3 Bingo 2015 "Best Artist" - 2014 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For having a blog entry featured. Getting 3rd in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest For participating in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest!

You know, come to think of it, Egoraptor kind of looks like Spencer from iCarly to me.

spencer.jpg

Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 E3 Bingo 2015 "Best Artist" - 2014 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For having a blog entry featured. Getting 3rd in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest For participating in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest

I act retarded and annoying

I ALSO act retarded and annoying

We act retarded and annoying!

Also damn nigga, Egoraptor got fat. It's pretty noticeable in The Tester.

For being a part of the Recommended YouTube Poops of March 2011. For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years I think you dropped this, sir.

"Are you touching my fat? EEWWW! Don't touch my fat, I'm self concious!"

Also, I loved JonTron's impression of Mike Matei in one of the Mega Man episodes.

I enjoy watching them, but it's hard for me to watch them fumble through certain things. A lot of the puzzles in Goof Troop I grew frustrated at due to the fact that they were extremely easy to figure out. Admittedly, they're also focused on joking around and that sort of thing can break concentration, but still.

One thing I can give them is that I honestly like most of their go-on commentary. Ever since I did my LttC LP, I've generally grouped LPs into two different styles - live commentary and post-commentary. Live commentary is a lot easier to do with multiple people, but it doesn't end up quite as "informative" per say. The discussion they had about LttP vs OoT was nice and all, but it told me nothing about what was actually going on in the game. Meanwhile, post-commentary can be much easier to do alone since you've got time to think up commentary, but unless you're a really good adlibber it's mostly going to be informative and that can get boring for people.

Anyway, Ego really knows what he's talking about, but Jon occasionally annoys me due to what SY said (that being said, I completely agree with Jon on Prime because I really disliked how Prime operated. But that's neither here nor there). They do have good flow together and can decently segue between jokes and commentary, as long as they don't get to into it.

As for their games, with their rate of progress and tendency to get sidetracked I can't see them ever completing most of the games they play. LttP they're never going to finish ever, Mana they're never going to finish ever, and Pokemon they're never going to finish ever. Superstar they could finish if they focused on completing the levels and not doing everything. If it weren't for the fact that kart games generally aren't that interesting to do LPs on, I'd say they should do a Mario Kart.

Lucario For clearing Sonic 3 & Knuckles during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For writing 12976 words worth in blog entries. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For his premier article "A Brief History of Minecraft: From the Creative Mode to Ender Dragons" For being on the Vanilla forums for 90 days before it was shut down

I can tell Jon is an N64 fanboy, but I didn't know he disliked Metroid Prime. That's ok though, as long as he doesn't like Other M, then I would have to hunt him down.

Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Friendliest User 2015, Smartest User 2015
User with Funniest Avatars 2016
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Member with Funniest Posts 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Smartest User 2017
Member with Funniest Posts 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2016
2013 For the categories of Spirit of YouChew and Funniest Posts.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!