DMW90

Game Grumps/Steam Train Thread

6,055 posts in this topic

If FireRed has taught me anything it'll be like 50% Arin not knowing how to play Pokemon and 50% Dan reacting to new Pokemon (admittedly I like that, it's very cute)

Hell, it took them years to finally beat FireRed because Arin gave it to someone to train his Pokemon for him.

User with Funniest Signatures 2017 For participating in the 2016 Secret Santa Art Exchange! For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 8 videos BOOIIIINNNGGG

didn't they always say RPGs do play well for grumps?

arn't both grumps slots RPGS right now?

seems bold

For staying warn free for 9 years For meeting Toony! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

I gotta say, having the menus on the lower screen of the 3DS makes for a slightly awkward capture, though I guess they'd be no better than any other Let's Players out there who show both screens vertical of each other. It just feels a little tedious not knowing what moves or items they're selecting during battle, I guess. I have a feeling that Dan and Arin will ignore Refresh altogether, thus missing out on increasing their Pokémon's happiness and improving their performance in battles. (Plus it's the cutest feature of the game, something I think Danny would enjoy a lot). You'd think since Arin has the game himself he'd be slightly more attune to how to approach the game, but unfortunately that doesn't seem to totally be the case here.

But that's all just wishful thinking. I mean, it took them six episodes just to start on Route 1. This will definitely take a while.

For staying warn free for 9 years For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting in the Bronze donation group For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Best Artist 2014, Best Artist 2015
Best Artist 2016 For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 55 days before it was shut down For winning this year's Ford Trivia Event. Hooray!

I decided to give Game Grumps a second chance, I only watched the Game Grumps once and didn't like it, and that I came in the wrong time when JonTron left. Went downstairs to check on my sister and she was watching Game Grumps; it's the video about them doing Let's Plays with Resident Evil, and to be honest, those guys are hilarious. Love their voices and sense of humor.

For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years 5 Completed Matches! *Victory Chime*  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos You participated in ten collaborations! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 36 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 20 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 239 days before it was shut down

I agree with a lot of Barry's points, that immersion by itself doesn't make a game fun or interesting. Like there needs to be a core game to play, opposed to just being like "Wow I feel like I'm really in this place"

User with Funniest Signatures 2017 For participating in the 2016 Secret Santa Art Exchange! For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 8 videos BOOIIIINNNGGG

Barry and Suzy play The Bee Movie Game but it gets faster every time they say Bee.

Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 E3 Bingo 2015 "Best Artist" - 2014 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For having a blog entry featured. Getting 3rd in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest For participating in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest!

Grumpcade and Steam Train canceled

Arin working on more solo videos

Let us pray for the death of Game Grumps in 2017

Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Friendliest User 2015, Smartest User 2015
User with Funniest Avatars 2016
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Member with Funniest Posts 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Smartest User 2017
Member with Funniest Posts 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2016
2013 For the categories of Spirit of YouChew and Funniest Posts.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

So Steam Train and Grumpcade are fuckin' dead? That's a bit extreme, innit?

Even if Game Grumps is not what it used to be, I have my doubts that it will spell the end of the channel - and even if it is, Arin has been getting steady voice acting gigs on shows like Rick and Morty and Magiswords on Adult Swim/CN among other places, so he'll hardly be suffering. I think the Egoraptor train has long sailed as Arin admitted that he straight up doesn't care for making art or animation anymore. He does use his platform to promote other artists via Twitter along with GG Animateds, so that's nice.

Danny has NinjaSexParty, Suzy has her channel (and she's married to Arin), Brian has a fucking doctorate, not 100% sure what Ross' or Barry's fallback is though. So for the most part everyone would be well off if things took a turn.

For staying warn free for 9 years For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting in the Bronze donation group For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Best Artist 2014, Best Artist 2015
Best Artist 2016 For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 55 days before it was shut down For winning this year's Ford Trivia Event. Hooray!

Wow. I knew my interest in the Grumps was wavering but this is like the nail in the coffin. I liked both Grumpcade and Steam Train, so now it's going to pretty much just be Arin and Dan? And nobody gives a shit about Arin doing solo stuff no offense lol. Maybe I'd watch Dan do solo stuff but as of right now, after watching that video, my interest in the Grumps is pretty much lost

At least if they still have their older stuff like FireRed I can watch those but it'll make me kinda sad

Don't really know what to think of this news. I mean Arin didn't explicitly say that Steam Train and Grumpcade were cancelled, but he didn't didn't say they were still alive either. On the one hand, maybe the new stuff they're working on will be good? On the other hand, seeing only Arin and Danny videos is going to get tiring fast for me, and I really don't care for solo videos from anyone, even Danny. The channel works because it's a group effort; you have 2+ people to listen to moderately funny banter and shenanigans, not one person rambling about nothing.

Actually I just looked at the views for Arin's solo run of Mega Man X and I'm really surprised by the amount they received. Each one got about the same as a regular episode, some even more. I haven't seen them myself, but there's no way those episodes were that entertaining, right?

I dunno what to think of the channel anymore. I only stay subscribed for when they play more quirky games, but with Steam Train and Grumpcade gone, we're gonna be getting the same series of videos for an indefinite period of time. I guess I'll check out their recent episodes of The Last Guardian, but I have a feeling Arin is going to fuck up and blame it on the game, like almost every other YouTube gamer who's played it.

For staying warn free for 9 years For getting in the Bronze Tier donation group For getting 20 awards For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For clearing Super Mario Sunshine during our community challenge event & placing 5th in our Mario Madness Mario Kart 8 tournament. For clearing Super Mario Galaxy to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic 3 & Knuckles during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. For completing the Chao Race challenge during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For participating in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest For having your blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 68 days before it was shut down Here you go! For unique dedication to the... rabbit... girl scorpion things. Oh look, what clever users. Kingplatypus: Bulletproof.

The Mega Man X series was honestly pretty bad. He was so supremely awkward.

Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Friendliest User 2015, Smartest User 2015
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Smartest User 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

Yeah, I tried watching an episode of MMX and it was really awkward. He was trying so hard to be funny and say random things and I really just didn't care.

I dunno I thought the MMX episodes were great, I watched the whole thing and he had a lot of really interesting things to say about his life and stuff. It didnt feel like he was forcing himself to be funny, he was just talking to the audience normally.

For staying strike free for 3 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

I think I'm just not a fan of solo LPs (people like Markiplier and Jacksepticeye and whatever) because I watch the Grumps to hear Arin and Dan (or any other pair of Grumps). To me that's what makes it funny and interesting, like the way Dan would react to Arin's jokes for example. I dunno, I don't watch the Grumps to just watch one person playing is what I'm saying.

Way to be more vague than Arin, Ross.

C A N C E L E D
A
N
C
E
L
E
D

Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Smartest User 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017

No offense but I wouldn't miss Ross much if he left lmao

Yeah ross is fucking annoying

For staying strike free for 3 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

I like Ross. He talks about art, animation and stuff and didn't totally give up on it like Arin did. Plus I think he has pretty good chemistry with almost everyone else on the Grump team. It's a damn shame there came a point where Danny was too busy to do any more Steam Train episodes with him. But we also got great playthroughs like Pokemon Art Academy with him and Barry thanks to that.

For staying warn free for 9 years For getting in the Bronze Tier donation group For getting 20 awards For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For clearing Super Mario Sunshine during our community challenge event & placing 5th in our Mario Madness Mario Kart 8 tournament. For clearing Super Mario Galaxy to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic 3 & Knuckles during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. For completing the Chao Race challenge during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For participating in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest For having your blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 68 days before it was shut down Here you go! For unique dedication to the... rabbit... girl scorpion things. Oh look, what clever users. Kingplatypus: Bulletproof.