• Announcements

• Dopply

YouChew's the Best of the Year 2016   02/08/2017

Hello everyone, it's time for our annual media-based award ceremony. Click here to cast your nominees for your best-of-the-year picks!  
DMW90

Game Grumps/Steam Train Thread

6,012 posts in this topic

Game Grumps gets more subscribers in a week than most people will get in their entire lives, and their view counts are only going up each Youtube report (just Googling it quick).  It's just a Let's Play channel, if you want to know why they're discontinuing some of their "shows", it's probably because they have a massive amount of available footage to edit and they're just getting a little bored of them.  There's such a thing as changing up a Youtube channel, you know.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For staying strike free for 1 year. For staying strike free for 3 years. For staying strike free for 5 years. For being on the Vanilla forums for 107 days before it was shut down

Interestingly enough, Ross has been doing his own Let's Play of Sun/Moon with his wife Commander Holly on her channel, and apparently they've already arrived at the first Team Skull battle (according to Ross' retweets anyways, I haven't watched it). Meanwhile, Arin and Ross are still fucking around somewhere on Route 1, and they're like 16 episodes in.

I told myself I'd stop watching around the 15th episode, but I think I'm done with it now.

For staying warn free for 9 years For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting in the Bronze donation group For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Best Artist 2014, Best Artist 2015
Best Artist 2016 For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 55 days before it was shut down For winning this year's Ford Trivia Event. Hooray!

I feel like there's kind of a limit you reach for watching Arin and Dan having 10+ episodes of just fucking around. And when they're stuck at a part and have to do it repeatedly you're just like "yeah okay nvm" because it gets boring.

I don't want to sound like I hate the Grumps or anything because I don't, they're still an important interest of mine, but the direction they're going in just isn't working for me. Even though I dislike Ross, there are still a lot of old Steam Train episodes that I like, especially when he played with Dan. But without Steam Train or Grumpcade I don't really care for what "new" thing they're planning...

For participating in the 2016 Secret Santa Art Exchange! For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 8 videos BOOIIIINNNGGG

How often do you guys rewatch playthroughs? I actually rewatch a lot of older playthroughs that Jon's in, but there aren't a whole lot of Arin and Danny playthroughs that I feel have a lot of rewatchability (idk if that's a word, but you know what i mean lol). I like the Goonies 2 playthrough, and watching highlights of playthroughs like Kirby's Epic Yarn and some of the Mario games, but not much else. Old Steam Train episodes with Danny and Ross are still good to watch too, like all the Sierra games and whatnot.

For staying warn free for 9 years For getting in the Bronze Tier donation group For getting 20 awards For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For clearing Super Mario Sunshine during our community challenge event & placing 5th in our Mario Madness Mario Kart 8 tournament. For clearing Super Mario Galaxy to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic 3 & Knuckles during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. For completing the Chao Race challenge during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For participating in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest For having your blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 68 days before it was shut down Here you go! For unique dedication to the... rabbit... girl scorpion things. Oh look, what clever users. Kingplatypus: Bulletproof.

I'm rewatching A Link to the Past with Arin and Dan right now, and I was watching FireRed a while back too. I don't go back to a lot of Jon episodes for some reason.

For participating in the 2016 Secret Santa Art Exchange! For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 8 videos BOOIIIINNNGGG

The sonic boom one is one of the best series

For staying strike free for 3 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

There are a few episodes I revisit from time to time, mostly Tired Grumps/Sleep Train. I also like the Jon-era Godzilla and TMNT fighters and that one episode of Megaman 7 where they choke on compressed air.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For staying warn free for 9 years For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 284 days before it was shut down Posting after Dopply For third place in the Harrison Ford Trivia Contest! Congratulations!

I watched some Jon era episodes last night, like Emerald and Goof Troop. Goof Troop was fucking hilarious lol I spit out my coke at one point

As a general statement, Arin + Dan oughta do more prior research on games they're playing blind.

Wads of dosh For collecting 20 awards. For sharing the love with delicious, inedible candy! For receiving candy hearts from strangers! For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with 3 hearts during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker during the community challenge. User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2016 Initial concept

Designed cards #8, #11, #17, #24, #27, #30, #51, #56, #58, #69, #87

Illustrated card #98

Designed background card and awards

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For coming in 1st in the Ghostly Art Contest 2015  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! For staying strike free for 7 years. Successfully met up with Richard Nixon's long-lost daughter. Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Ratburn Van Helsing Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years

9 hours ago, Maq said:

I watched some Jon era episodes last night, like Emerald and Goof Troop. Goof Troop was fucking hilarious lol I spit out my coke at one point

Their Goof Troop playthrough is perfect, definitely my favorite GG series ever. Their Donkey Kong Country episodes are good too, other than the fact that Jon has such a huge nostalgia boner for them, which gets a bit annoying (for me anyway). Their Mario Party episodes are a real hoot as well.

For staying warn free for 9 years For getting in the Bronze Tier donation group For getting 20 awards For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For clearing Super Mario Sunshine during our community challenge event & placing 5th in our Mario Madness Mario Kart 8 tournament. For clearing Super Mario Galaxy to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic 3 & Knuckles during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. For completing the Chao Race challenge during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For participating in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest For having your blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 68 days before it was shut down Here you go! For unique dedication to the... rabbit... girl scorpion things. Oh look, what clever users. Kingplatypus: Bulletproof.

I rewatch the old Jon era Grumps frequently. Goof Troop is up there, but I think Zombies Ate My Neighbors is my favorite series. The chaotic nature of that game barely gives them a chance to catch their breath and the commentary is hilarious for it. Their Mario Party series are by far the best VS videos, so many good moments in all the games, I'll never forget that chin bit in the Mario Party 2 Revengeance finale. Sonic 06 is also a really good series still, there might be some dull episodes but it has some of the most classic moments. I rewatch a few Dan era videos, but not nearly as much as I do Jon episodes, a lot of the early Dan one-offs like Dennis the Menace and Pac Attack are gold.

For staying warn free for 9 years For completing Adventure of Link during the community challenge. For getting 20 awards For completing Mario 2: The Lost Levels during our community challenge event. For completing all of the games required for this awesome award during the community challenge event. Winning Ghostly Art Contest 2014 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Thanks so much for your generosity! For taking first place in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest. Congratulations! For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Thanks a lot for your very generous donation! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Congratulations! For placing third in Mushrooms' Sonic CD competition. You've won a total of 275,000 Chewbucks! For being on the Vanilla forums for 186 days before it was shut down The Lagomorphs love you right back. You deserve a medal, Doc.

Yeah, there are a lot of good Dan one-offs, like Mickey Mousecapade. I like when they play obscure games that neither of them know anything about because it provides for a really fun experience. My favorite Jon episode was the fucking Mary Kate and Ashley Sweet Sixteen or whatever, which I like to rewatch often

Oh boy, another solo one. Are these going to become a thing then?

For the work you've done on the review of Kanye West's The Life of Pablo. For staying strike free for 1 year. For getting 20 awards For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For completing Majora's Mask during the community challenge. For completing Hyrule Warriors during the community challenge. Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For collecting all the silver cards Best Newcomer 2016 For collecting all the bronze cards Top 10 Videos of Dec 2015 (Sentence mix-core) Top 10 Videos of Feb 2016 Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event For having a blog featured For the Cool Cat Saves the Kids Collab, great job! Participated in the 2015 YouTube Poop Secret Santa Submitting 25 videos to the Video System For getting all the standard ornaments An Avid Collaborator is YOU! For participating in 10 successful collaborations. For going above and beyond with the Gamers Collab! For the Gamers Collab--CONGRATULAAAAATIONS! Spooky Poop 2015  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

Is this really what's going to become of the middle slot? At least with Steam Train and Grumpcade there was a sense of variety.

For staying warn free for 9 years For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting in the Bronze donation group For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Best Artist 2014, Best Artist 2015
Best Artist 2016 For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 55 days before it was shut down For winning this year's Ford Trivia Event. Hooray!

It's interesting to hear Arin talk about the game, but he really has to stop that voice he uses for every female character.

I've hated Arin's "girl" voice for years. Like... That's the kind of voice you do as a joke. A particularly obnoxious one. But he does it for every female character, as if they actually sound like that.

Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Friendliest User 2015, Smartest User 2015
User with Funniest Avatars 2016
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Member with Funniest Posts 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2016
2013 For the categories of Spirit of YouChew and Funniest Posts.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

23 hours ago, Deaniac said:

Is this really what's going to become of the middle slot? At least with Steam Train and Grumpcade there was a sense of variety.

Arin-only episodes aren't even a part of the middle slot, just one of the two daily episodes now. So it's great if you like Arin, but if not.... ehhh... Why wouldn't he play Chrono Trigger with Danny though? Or if they want an RPG, go back to Secret of Mana? Danny can't possibly be that busy with music and stuff, unless it's like, personal/family stuff keeping him busy for some reason, who the hell knows. Guess we'll get more stuff in the middle slot eventually, but until then, the channel's gonna be pretty dry.

Anywho, back to reminiscings of the Jon-era, Dead Space 3 will forever be one of the channel's greatest one-offs.

STASIS THE DRILL STASIS THE DRILL STASIS THE FUCKING DRILL

It's not a one-off but the Nickelodeon GUTS Vrs. series will forever be burned into my memory because at one point Arin gets legitimately furious at Jon and Jon is fucking terrified. You can even hear him chuck his controller down in rage. Man, that era was something else.

This person's GG Animated for that scene is still amazing:

Wads of dosh For staying warn free for 9 years What's this thing made out of? Lucario For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards Favorite Staff Member 2016 For collecting all the silver cards Completed Bronze set. Suggested quote to card #27 RIP DaftPunkYoshi and DaftPunkYoshiAlt.  That old The YouTube sure is boring. Meeting tabull Chewbot gives congrats for having 40 5-star ratings on your videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Doing enough shops in your time to be able to tell by the pixels Well, my gosh. What can I say except: you're going to Hyrule, and this is the final answer heard all around the world, he's won a million chewbucks! For having a blog entry featured: Stock-Aitken-Waterman/PWL Picks #1 User with Coolest Avatars 2014, User with Coolest Avatars 2015, User with Coolest Avatars 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Funniest Signatures, Best Musician 2015 March 2012 - Overall, Regular, Classic / April 2015 - Overall, Regular, Classic, YTPMV March 2012 - "Syncro-Voxing The Glory Days Of Retro Uniqueness" (Brain rape/Rape-core) / May 2015 - "The King Goes Senile" (Overall, Classic) Tennis Staff Member (June 2009 - August 2011) You won 20 medals. Congrats! 25 videos in the Poop Showroom. Awards contribution (Top 10 and WMM medals). MMMMMM...richer! Joined Vanilla on February of '08. YouChew 1984, Static TVs, Banjo-Kazooie Sign, and many others. For service. Dinero Remained 'strike-free' for at least 3 years. April Fools' Trivia. For posting at the end of the Gen Chat thread! For posting 5 of your own YTP's in the Showroom. Participated in 10 successful collabs. Participated in the WMM Tourney. Participated in the Poop Tennis Season. Winner of a organized Tennis Tournament (WMM Tourney). Completed 10 Poop Tennis matches. Completed 5 Poop Tennis matches. Strike free for a whole year. Organizing the WMM Tourney with Strong414Bad. Winner of the Windows Movie Maker Tennis Tourney.