• Announcements

• Dopply

YouChew's the Best of the Year 2016   02/08/2017

Hello everyone, it's time for our annual media-based award ceremony. Click here to cast your nominees for your best-of-the-year picks!  
DMW90

Game Grumps/Steam Train Thread

6,012 posts in this topic

They finally play a Crash game and they pick this? Goddammit.

Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 E3 Bingo 2015 "Best Artist" - 2014 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For having a blog entry featured. Getting 3rd in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest For participating in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest!

Ok, to be honest, Crash Tag Team Racing was the shit when I was little. Haven't played it in over 10 years though.

Also, hey, it's the Stranger Things kid! Cool!

For the work you've done on the review of Kanye West's The Life of Pablo. For staying strike free for 1 year. For getting 20 awards For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For completing Majora's Mask during the community challenge. For completing Hyrule Warriors during the community challenge. Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For collecting all the silver cards Best Newcomer 2016 For collecting all the bronze cards Top 10 Videos of Dec 2015 (Sentence mix-core) Top 10 Videos of Feb 2016 Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event For having a blog featured For the Cool Cat Saves the Kids Collab, great job! Participated in the 2015 YouTube Poop Secret Santa Submitting 25 videos to the Video System For getting all the standard ornaments An Avid Collaborator is YOU! For participating in 10 successful collaborations. For going above and beyond with the Gamers Collab! For the Gamers Collab--CONGRATULAAAAATIONS! Spooky Poop 2015  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

Have Chris's mannerisms and inside jokes seeped into Game Grumps? A few weeks ago he talked about watching Fat Albert with Chris. He also gave Koops a Chris-Chan esque voice and proposed a ridiculous hypothetical this episode. Also it's pretty amazing that Dan can get the Superguard pretty consistenly but still messes up on the basic jump Action Command, how is that even possible?

For staying warn free for 9 years For completing Adventure of Link during the community challenge. For getting 20 awards For completing Mario 2: The Lost Levels during our community challenge event. For completing all of the games required for this awesome award during the community challenge event. Winning Ghostly Art Contest 2014 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Thanks so much for your generosity! For taking first place in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest. Congratulations! For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Thanks a lot for your very generous donation! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Congratulations! For placing third in Mushrooms' Sonic CD competition. You've won a total of 275,000 Chewbucks! For being on the Vanilla forums for 186 days before it was shut down The Lagomorphs love you right back. You deserve a medal, Doc.

As far as rewatched series go, I find pretty much any foray into Sonic to be great stuff. Boom, Adventure and 06 in particular come to mind. Mario 64 is also great, with some legit funny moments and a strangely unique case (at least in my experience) of Arin's incompetence at a video game wrapping around the scale and actually becoming hilarious instead. Bloodborne is a series I like to go back to compilation videos of, and Mario 3 has one of my favorite episodes ever (would love the series as a whole a lot more than I do if it wasn't the origin of that air horn shit they were doing for way too goddamn long afterward).

Posted Nep Nep hentai For staying strike free for 7 years. For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Meeting MycroProcessor Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years ROBOT BUNNY BOOBS Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Here's to another 4 years before anyone else gets it hooray!

It finally happened.

They're using a facecam.

For staying warn free for 9 years For getting in the Bronze Tier donation group For getting 20 awards For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For clearing Super Mario Sunshine during our community challenge event & placing 5th in our Mario Madness Mario Kart 8 tournament. For clearing Super Mario Galaxy to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic 3 & Knuckles during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. For completing the Chao Race challenge during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For participating in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest For having your blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 68 days before it was shut down Here you go! For unique dedication to the... rabbit... girl scorpion things. Oh look, what clever users. Kingplatypus: Bulletproof.

Man what even happened to the Grumps. Why has their quality decreased so much? I still love Dan (obviously) but even still I feel like they don't even realize that people don't really enjoy watching them anymore.

For participating in the 2016 Secret Santa Art Exchange! For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 8 videos BOOIIIINNNGGG

5 minutes ago, Maq said:

Man what even happened to the Grumps. Why has their quality decreased so much? I still love Dan (obviously) but even still I feel like they don't even realize that people don't really enjoy watching them anymore.

I really stopped watching around the time Paper Mario started. It feels so...fake? I don't know how else to put it.

For collecting all the bronze cards Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Best Newcomer 2014 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

It is fake. Arin is doing this for a paycheck, has been for some time. It at least seemed kind of genuine at first, like it was something he wanted to do for fun, but it's since turned into a job and he treats it like one.

Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Friendliest User 2015, Smartest User 2015
User with Funniest Avatars 2016
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Member with Funniest Posts 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2016
2013 For the categories of Spirit of YouChew and Funniest Posts.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

I was really excited for them to play Paper Mario since it's one of my all time favorite games, but after the first or second episode I couldn't handle it anymore. Arin's voices are so annoying, I don't get how Dan can listen to that and think "haha that's so funny"

For participating in the 2016 Secret Santa Art Exchange! For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 8 videos BOOIIIINNNGGG

I really don't watch any GameGrumps (other than a few when it first started with Jon), but when Arin was on Chris' OneyPlays Uncharted episodes he seemed really relaxed and like he has having a good time, like it was just two friends hanging out playing a game together and joking about it. It makes sense because he wasn't doing a Let's Play as his job, but rather something fun with his friend.

For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Thanks for the donation! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013, Member with Funniest Posts 2015
Member with Funniest Posts 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years

Last year when they did that April Fools joke video where they played Skyward Sword with only facecam and no gameplay: that was funny.

But now seeing them do it for reals? Kind of awkward to be honest. Not having facecams gives a bit more personality to their Let's Plays.

Also yeah, the Paper Mario playthrough is really underwhelming (and really slow too).

For the work you've done on the review of Kanye West's The Life of Pablo. For staying strike free for 1 year. For getting 20 awards For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For completing Majora's Mask during the community challenge. For completing Hyrule Warriors during the community challenge. Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For collecting all the silver cards Best Newcomer 2016 For collecting all the bronze cards Top 10 Videos of Dec 2015 (Sentence mix-core) Top 10 Videos of Feb 2016 Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event For having a blog featured For the Cool Cat Saves the Kids Collab, great job! Participated in the 2015 YouTube Poop Secret Santa Submitting 25 videos to the Video System For getting all the standard ornaments An Avid Collaborator is YOU! For participating in 10 successful collaborations. For going above and beyond with the Gamers Collab! For the Gamers Collab--CONGRATULAAAAATIONS! Spooky Poop 2015  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

Yeah, I really enjoyed Skyward Sword because they were poking fun at other LPers using a facecam, but using one for real is just... eh come on guys

They also had facecam appear for a few seconds in Nintendo Land, but only to show off a visual joke I think and not at all out of sincerity.

I wonder if we are reaching the point where Game Grumps is starting to gradually lose steam. It's been almost five years (four if you count Danny's time on the show) and I wonder how much longer they really feel like keeping it up. Sure, it may be the slacker's dream, but even that's gotta get tiresome after a while.

For staying warn free for 9 years For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting in the Bronze donation group For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Best Artist 2014, Best Artist 2015
Best Artist 2016 For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 55 days before it was shut down For winning this year's Ford Trivia Event. Hooray!

9 minutes ago, Deaniac said:

They also had facecam appear for a few seconds in Nintendo Land, but only to show off a visual joke I think and not at all out of sincerity.

I wonder if we are reaching the point where Game Grumps is starting to gradually lose steam. It's been almost five years (four if you count Danny's time on the show) and I wonder how much longer they really feel like keeping it up. Sure, it may be the slacker's dream, but even that's gotta get tiresome after a while.

Facecam was in Nintendo Land because it's in the game itself, for some reason.

The thing I find weird is, they've done VR stuff before, but didn't use a facecam. I guess they wanna capture Arin's "omg 2spooky4me" moments, but it's like... pretty much every other LP channel does that shit.

For staying warn free for 9 years For getting in the Bronze Tier donation group For getting 20 awards For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For clearing Super Mario Sunshine during our community challenge event & placing 5th in our Mario Madness Mario Kart 8 tournament. For clearing Super Mario Galaxy to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic 3 & Knuckles during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. For completing the Chao Race challenge during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For participating in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest For having your blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 68 days before it was shut down Here you go! For unique dedication to the... rabbit... girl scorpion things. Oh look, what clever users. Kingplatypus: Bulletproof.

I think the TTYD playthrough got significantly better in their later sessions. In the beginning Dan had trouble understanding the gameplay (and, given the Let's Play format, one must restrict one's time spent absorbing new information) and honestly seemed rather disinterested also. Furthermore, the game itself is very dialogue-heavy, which can easily wear out Arin's voiceover comedy quite fast, and that's somewhat I agree with still, btw. Were I not familiar with Paper Mario myself, I might have given up after 3 or 4 episodes. But as of now, I feel the series has become much more worthwhile.

How far in are you folks? Do you share my sentiments, or not?

Wads of dosh For collecting 20 awards. For sharing the love with delicious, inedible candy! For receiving candy hearts from strangers! For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with 3 hearts during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker during the community challenge. User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2016 Initial concept

Designed cards #8, #11, #17, #24, #27, #30, #51, #56, #58, #69, #87

Illustrated card #98

Designed background card and awards

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For coming in 1st in the Ghostly Art Contest 2015  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! For staying strike free for 7 years. Successfully met up with Richard Nixon's long-lost daughter. Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Ratburn Van Helsing Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years

I've been watching the latest episodes of the series and it's been pretty okay. For me it's mostly refreshing because Danny is the one playing it, and it's so rare nowadays that he's the one at the helm of their playthroughs.

Dan's Paper Mario ability is so polarizing, he can do the superguard consistently but they spent like five minutes just trying to get back to the TTYD after beating Hooktail, which he did without the SFX badge on sheer luck. Dan completely ignores the placement and order of enemies and hammers Koopas that are standing up for some reason, and doesn't switch to Goombella when appropriate, they're not going to level up their BP or their partners and pretty soon they're going to start complaining. I'm watching it mostly to see their reactions to all the moments like Peach showering and such.

For staying warn free for 9 years For completing Adventure of Link during the community challenge. For getting 20 awards For completing Mario 2: The Lost Levels during our community challenge event. For completing all of the games required for this awesome award during the community challenge event. Winning Ghostly Art Contest 2014 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Thanks so much for your generosity! For taking first place in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest. Congratulations! For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Thanks a lot for your very generous donation! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Congratulations! For placing third in Mushrooms' Sonic CD competition. You've won a total of 275,000 Chewbucks! For being on the Vanilla forums for 186 days before it was shut down The Lagomorphs love you right back. You deserve a medal, Doc.

Iits Paper Mario after all, its a favorite and I can enjoy it even through Grumps mediocrity. I do like seeing how they react to the game. But that might just be me.

For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years August 2012 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Five of them videos uploaded.

(timestamp)

Dan's reaction and hearing him go 'oh noOoooooOOOo' makes me wanna cry irl like I just wanna hug him ;-;

Dan stars in a golf game for the CD-I

M7oikUC.jpg