• Announcements

• Dopply

YouChew's the Best of the Year 2016   02/08/2017

Hello everyone, it's time for our annual media-based award ceremony. Click here to cast your nominees for your best-of-the-year picks!  
Naƶmatik

Anime General Discussion

11,567 posts in this topic

NO, IT IS IRREFUTABLE FACTS.

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For getting that Masterball Medal that doesn't exist any more. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years ssssssssshhhhhHHHHHHHHHH Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 46 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 46 videos We appreciate your good behavior. For outstanding achievement in achievement!

I wont deny that its hyped, because it is. But I think the said hype is well deserved.

For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For meeting Bloodis and becoming one with the Chinese cartoons Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013 For having taste. Also, happy birthday! Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

A lonesome blonde girl with a larger bust size than the rest of the main characters.

Gee I wonder why she is popular.

For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For clearing the Chao Race challenge during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic 3 & Knuckles during the community challenge event. For completing the difficult task of achieving all A-ranks within the main game of Sonic Adventure 2. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for having 41 5-star ratings on your videos For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards For meeting Fiddlesticks411 and Badluckcrow Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years if I were a wealthy man Runner up, E3 2012 Bingo event Congratulations! For placing first in Mushrooms' Sonic CD competition. You've won a total of 727,777 Chewbucks! October 2011 - WHAT IS A BOB ROSS October 2011 FIFTY! Twenty-Five five Thanks for being good for so long! For service. Ribbit! Thanks for the cookies!

you know what ELSE is overhyped

MY MOOOOOOOOOOM

For writing at least 10,000 words in blog entries For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years HHHUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLKKKKKKK!!! Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 12 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 241 days before it was shut down

I thought Homura was the most overhyped character.

And yes, Naz is right.

For hosting and participating in the 2012 YouChew Secret Santa art contest! For getting 20 awards For staying strike free for 5 years. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 33 videos with a 5 star rating For the Commercial Collab 5 multi-way tennis matches. Awwww yeah. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Hosting YouChew's Secret Santa of 2012. July 2012 - "What's un Hatsune doing with them Music club girls?" (Brain rape/Rape-core) July 2012 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! 10 matches done 5 tennis matches yo Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

cute girls getting killed by cute things - the anime

Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Watanabe is working with studio BONES for his new anime. At least we can confirm that the animation will be above average.

They better let BONES do the opening/ending.

For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For meeting Bloodis and becoming one with the Chinese cartoons Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013 For having taste. Also, happy birthday! Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Perfect

Stylish Bones fits the bill for a good ending theme, imo. It would become the new Haruhi Dance.

For being part of the Recommended Poops of December 2016 For getting 90 5-star ratings Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Thanks for the donation! For completing Super Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards to kick some tail Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos User with Funniest Signatures 2014, 
Best Writer 2014
User with Funniest Signatures 2015 November 2013 - "drake bell power slide" (Overall, Classic) Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 2013
User with Funniest Avatars - 2015
Best Writer 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks YOUTUBE'S NOT ATHLETIC December 2011 - Regular, Classic Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. http://youchew.net/forum/index.php?/page/index.html/_/mediareviews/bad-teacher-review-r384 You've had that down there for quite a while now, haven't you?<br />
<br />
Spreading Lago Love

A lonesome blonde girl with a larger bust size than the rest of the main characters.

I get that if she was there the whole time, but it's like, there wasn't even enough time for her to really be established as a character...

Well, whatever. I haven't actually watched the show anyway.

DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Friendliest User 2015, Smartest User 2015
User with Funniest Avatars 2016
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Member with Funniest Posts 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2016
2013 For the categories of Spirit of YouChew and Funniest Posts.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

Speaking of Madoka Magica, they just announced a third movie's name. It's going to continue where the series left off but it will take place in the alt-universe. It's not going to release until sometime of next year.

For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years 5 Completed Matches! *Victory Chime*  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos You participated in ten collaborations! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 36 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 20 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 239 days before it was shut down

This is now my ringtone. What the hell is wrong with me.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For having a blog entry featured. For writing 10356 words worth in blog entries. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For the Reggie banner and the rejuvenation of Boss Scratch. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For being on the Vanilla forums for 237 days before it was shut down For uploading my entire collection of poops. You succeeded in uploading. For a lot of effort towards site projects in the past. Hopefully there will be more. For meeting Rabbit, Puffin, and their pally TINS. Big whoop. More like the BALLS collab. THERE'S TEN THERE'S FIVE For service. For writing an article! A long time ago.

Kyoko is the best character anyway.

EDIT: http://www.animenews...an-new-tv-anime

Watanabe is working with studio BONES for his new anime. At least we can confirm that the animation will be above average.

It good to see him finally getting back into directing, I was worried that we wouldn't see anything from him for a long time after "Kids on the Slope".

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos User with Coolest Signatures 2014
User with Coolest Avatars 2014 Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

Nope, this is the opening:

It's true, my uncle is Watanabe

For staying strike free for 7 years. User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2016 For having a blog featured Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years

I get that if she was there the whole time, but it's like, there wasn't even enough time for her to really be established as a character...

THANK YOU, WHELT. Someone else gets it!

Too bad sketchyguy and JakeSteel aren't here often enough anymore to see someone else say that.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 10 videos

Well, whatever. I haven't actually watched the show anyway.

She was a really depressed character and she died right when she finally became happy, she honestly did get enough establishment before then.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos User with Coolest Signatures 2014
User with Coolest Avatars 2014 Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

She was nothing but a mentor that popped up whenever the main two get over their heads (because they don't have powers yet). That's all she was for three episodes. She was there to explain how the RIDER FIGHT magical girl stuff was supposed to work, save the main two a few times, then die. There's nothing unique or lasting about that. Like Whelt said, it's hard to even consider her a character when that's ALL she was supposed to be.

You might as well say the death of the character based on Huo Yuanjia in the Chinese Connection would have as much impact as an acutal character.

It should affect the CHARACTERS IN THE STORY, sure. But It shouldn't be suprising that the audience doesn't have reason to care.

And yes, thats an AWFUL example. I just wanted an excuse to post that clip.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 10 videos