Naƶmatik

Anime General Discussion

12,236 replies to this topic

P-Dash

I saw the first episode of Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card.

zjocZLN.jpg

Best Improving Artist 2018 Super Metroid complete Super Metroid early Reserve Tank Metroid Prime 100% For staying strike free for 7 years. For collecting all the silver cards Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For collecting all the bronze cards Chewbot gives congrats for having 40 5-star ratings on your videos Nice Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years and stronger, too Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years October 2012 - Overall October 2012 - "Dragin' Ballz 2 : The Collectable Card Game Killing Spree " (Sentence mix-core) Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

Heruru Meruru

Finished the first season of Blood Blockade Battlefront, the last episode was essentially a movie.

I thoroughly enjoyed it, but as someone who never read the manga but is aware Black and White are anime only characters, I can't help but feel that they might have been stealing the spotlight from the main characters. Especially since most of the stories revolving around the rest of the cast were self-contained, I'm not sure if the original manga is episodic like that or not. I do know season 2 is a much more straightforward adaptations so we'll see how that goes.

There wasn't a single dull moment in the show, the animation was so consistently good it was kind of shocking. Also absolutely nailed Nightow's style and visual flair, I'd say even better than the Trigun anime and movie. If Trimax were ever to be adapted, even though the franchise is so heavily associated with Madhouse, I'd really prefer if Bones were to be the one to animate it. 

Hell, as much as I like the music (especially that ED), it felt weird to watch a Nightow show without Tsuneo Imahori doing the music.  I get it's for a younger, trendier audience and the teens™ want pop music and not "the guitarist from Seatbelts" but still.

I should also probably get around to watching the Gungrave anime and see how it compares. I tried playing the games but... They weren't really my thing, gameplay-wise.

Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For staying warn free for 9 years Top 10 Videos of Mar 2017 Thanks for contributing to that Chewstream. Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For having a blog entry featured. Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 26 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 26 videos

Rillion

watching Blend S helped me realize a crucial thing,

I don't like anime.

For staying warn free for 9 years For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For meeting Bloodis and becoming one with the Chinese cartoons Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013 For having taste. Also, happy birthday! Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

MemeKirisame

I saw the first two episodes and I didn't continue because I thought it would mostly be fanservice for the male character or something like that.

Best YouTube Pooper 2018 Best Newcomer 2018 For participating in the 2017 Chew or Treat! For being a part of the Recommended Poops of October 2017 Top 10 Videos of Aug 2017 / Top 10 Videos of Aug 2017 (Regular) / Top 10 Videos of Aug 2017 (YTPMV) Top 10 Videos of Jul 2017_2 Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

thapoint09

I only know it for the meme, which I made a video for that no one saw.

For staying strike free for 5 years. Submitting 25 videos to the Video System For staying strike free for 3 years. August 2014 - "Lady Ski Conquers Compton" (Sentence mix-core) Best Musician 2014, Best Musician 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos September 2013 - Overall, Regular

Whelt

It was pretty whatever. I didn't hate it or love it.

There isn't much fanservice at all, for anyone asking.

The galaxy is at peace Metroid: Samus Returns 100% Metroid Fusion complete Metroid Prime 2 100% Metroid: Zero Mission early Varia Suit and Screw Attack Metroid: Zero Mission under 2 hours Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013
User with Funniest Avatars 2015
Spirit of YouChew Award 2015
Friendliest User 2015
Smartest User 2015
User with Funniest Avatars 2016
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Member with Funniest Posts 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Smartest User 2017
Member with Funniest Posts 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2018
Most Helpful Member 2018
Smartest User 2018
Spirit of YouChew Award 2018
Most Likely to Rule the World 2018 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2016
2013 For the categories of Spirit of YouChew and Funniest Posts.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

Rillion

it's just... did she really have any reason to be a jackass other than "the author gave me the character trait 'sadistic' I know have to act accordingly"?

For staying warn free for 9 years For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For meeting Bloodis and becoming one with the Chinese cartoons Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013 For having taste. Also, happy birthday! Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Ferg

Pop Team Epic episode 2 came out today, and boy does it tell the truth like it is

26-nanachi-is-cute.jpg?w=768

(Translation: Nanachi is cute)

(Also they did that rerun but with switched voices thing again. That's totally not gonna get old quick)

For staying strike free for 7 years. Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

2xdinosaurs

I finished watching Devilman Crybaby last night and despite the major problems I have with its portrayal of Ryo, it's really rather good. As a long time Devilman fan I'm pretty satisfied. So if you like Devilman like I do, or just want a cool, mega violent and sex riddled anime to watch, give it a shot.

Also its remake of the old Devilman No Uta  is a banger and I love it.

For staying strike free for 5 years. For getting all the standard ornaments For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus sometimes pizza times it sometimes it sometimes it sometimes pizza times pizza So many pictures, so little wall space. This'll make a GREAT omelette! It is written, only Link can defeat Ganon SCRAP METAL! Look at this trophy, that you just won! For getting 20 awards Best Artist 2017

Favorite Staff Member 2017 For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! Mmm... spare change? spare change ma'am? PATRICK NEEDS LOVE TOO! bubble gum and taffy EYELASHES! i like you too millhouse (but not in that way) For service! For completing The Wind Waker during the community challenge. For staying strike free for 3 years. For collecting all the bronze cards Best Artist 2016
Friendliest User 2017 For having a blog featured Participated in the 2015, 2016 and 2017 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For winning the Holiday Art Contest 2015 For coming in 3rd in the Ghostly Art Contest 2015  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Thanks for the donation For staying strike free for 1 year.

WALLMAN

Is anyone else following the Dragon Ball Super dub on Toonami? We just got our first look at the Future Trunks saga. Now we're only two arcs behind the sub

For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus Metroid: Samus Returns early Aeion tank Metroid: Samus Returns complete For staying strike free for 7 years. For staying warn free for 9 years For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 284 days before it was shut down Posting after Dopply For third place in the Harrison Ford Trivia Contest! Congratulations!

2xdinosaurs

I'm honestly waiting until it's more or less done so I can binge watch it.

For staying strike free for 5 years. For getting all the standard ornaments For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus sometimes pizza times it sometimes it sometimes it sometimes pizza times pizza So many pictures, so little wall space. This'll make a GREAT omelette! It is written, only Link can defeat Ganon SCRAP METAL! Look at this trophy, that you just won! For getting 20 awards Best Artist 2017

Favorite Staff Member 2017 For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! Mmm... spare change? spare change ma'am? PATRICK NEEDS LOVE TOO! bubble gum and taffy EYELASHES! i like you too millhouse (but not in that way) For service! For completing The Wind Waker during the community challenge. For staying strike free for 3 years. For collecting all the bronze cards Best Artist 2016
Friendliest User 2017 For having a blog featured Participated in the 2015, 2016 and 2017 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For winning the Holiday Art Contest 2015 For coming in 3rd in the Ghostly Art Contest 2015  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Thanks for the donation For staying strike free for 1 year.

SushieBoy

I came into this season looking forward to a lot of shows and discovered a few more, now that everything has had at least one episode I'd like to share some first/early thoughts:

• Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card: More same old CCS with a modern flourish, she's still as precious as ever.
  • Dagashi Kashi 2: I could not finish season one of Dagashi Kashi, it looks very nice and has two amazing girls, but the pacing was dreadfully slow. I didn't really expect much from this one after seeing the art quality drop in the promotional material, but then I heard it was going to be a short, I decided to check out the first episode and it was surprisingly better than I expected. The less detailed models allows them to have more dynamic, expressive animation. The short format helped the pacing and it flowed a lot better, overall not bad. The OP/EDs kind of suck compared to season one, though.
  • Darling in the Franxx: I wasn't sure how to feel about a Mecha anime joint production between Trigger and A-1, it's got some big names involved and Aniplex is pushing the fuck out of it. First episode was very derivative, there is almost nothing original. There is potentiality, however. The MC and the other pilots in training seem very bland and uninspired, I will chose to believe it was intentional as they are expendable soldiers groomed only to control big robots. Zero Two can be the catalyst for their change/growth, on that subject I immediately love everything about Zero Two, she so far is the highlight of the show. I want to see more of this world and it's characters, even if it never becomes anything more than what it is I will continue to watch it because I love Trigger, it looks great and has my boy Imaishi as action animation director. Also the main mech has boobs, a metal skirt and a robutt and I think they control and power the mechs by basically fucking, so that's cool.
  • Devilman Crybaby: I'm not familiar at all with Nagai's work and I'm not very versed in Yuasa's shows, with that said so far I think it's great. Netflix already dumped the whole thing as they would do so, which I guess is better than keeping it hostage until Spring, but I prefer the weekly watching experience as opposed to BINGE so I have only watched a few episodes. It oozes with style and holy hell, was not expecting so much sex. A solid contender for AOTS, for sure.
  • Junji Ito Collection: When this was announced I was exited, but at the same time I know Ito's manga can never ever be properly adapted into motion, especially not with a TV anime by DEEN of all studios. I didn't have high expectations and after a few episodes yeah, it's very mediocre, it looks cheap as shit and there's nothing creative being done with how it's presented. I'll continue to watch it in anticipation of what exact stories they will adapt.
  • Mitsuboshi Colors: It's silly and cute. Three young girls have a group dedicated to keeping the peace in their city and in the first episode they purchase a replica RPG and attempt to kill their police officer friend. This will quell and satisfy my hunger. Wee Sushie liek loli rofl
  • A Place Further than the Universe: I did not hear a thing about this show before I watched it, I only did because it was literally the first episode of new anime in 2018. Two episodes in and I love it. A bunch of girls want to travel to Antarctica, against all odds, each with a personal goal. It's an original show by Madhouse written by a guy involved with Nichijou and Steins;Gate, two of my all time faves. A new character was introduced in the second episode and moments in I was absolutely loving the dynamics between her and everyone. I love the visuals, it's competently directed and composed, with Madhouse being shaky in the last few years this is a return to form. I was not expecting this, very nice!!
  • Pop Team Epic: I already talked about it a bit but the second episode was INFINITELY better than the first. There were actual original jokes this time instead of just references and I found myself laughing at them constantly. The OP was also unveiled this episode and holy shit, it's amazing. The visuals are fantastic and the song ain't too bad either, I have not fallen in love with the visuals of an OP like this since Mob Psycho, OP of the season no doubt and already a contender for OP of the year, THE YEAR. If you watched the first episode and thought "what the fuck", give the second one a try, at least the first half. Unfortunately the sound continues to be poorly mixed in some scenes, which is odd.
  • Karakai Jōzu no Takagi-san/Skilled Teaser Takagi-san: A boy tries to outsmart and embarrass his female, fiveheaded friend and always fails, it's simple, but entertaining. I've read a bit of the manga but not too much. I'm not sure about the voice acting choices, it sounds like Megumin teasing Koichi Hirose, but I think I'll warm up to them. LOVE HER MASSIVE FIVEHEAD
  • Violet Evergarden: Aw shit, here it is, this is the big one, THIS is the one to save anime. Out of all the shows this season nothing was hyped up as much as this, it's been talked about for years and did it live up to the hype? Absolutely not, it has some amazing production values and polish for a TV anime, even for Kyoani's standards, but the story so far is nothing special. I like this idea of pretty girls ghostwriting formal letters for incompetent bumpkins, but beyond that premise it's got very little to back it up. Kyoto Animation hasn't made a truly great show in years, I mean they still look great, but... geez.

tOnv2KUl.jpg

In conclusion, I only watch chinese flipbooks for the drawings of girls. BUT SERIOUSLY, Winter 2018 really is one of the most jam packed seasons in recent memory, not everything I listed is a winner but there are definitely some gems here. I urge everyone to check out Crying Devilman if you haven't, and also check out A Place Further than the Universe, they're both something special. The latter especially surprised me, I think a lot of people are going to sleep on it. I'm not the most critical person when it comes to shows and this all subject to change as it moves forward, so basically, uh, anime is saved.

Metroid: Samus Returns complete Super Metroid under 3 hours Super Metroid early Wave Beam You want it?  It's yours, my friend. For staying warn free for 9 years For completing Adventure of Link during the community challenge. For getting 20 awards For completing Mario 2: The Lost Levels during our community challenge event. For completing all of the games required for this awesome award during the community challenge event. Winning Ghostly Art Contest 2014 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Thanks so much for your generosity! For taking first place in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest. Congratulations! For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Thanks a lot for your very generous donation! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Congratulations! For placing third in Mushrooms' Sonic CD competition. You've won a total of 275,000 Chewbucks! For being on the Vanilla forums for 186 days before it was shut down The Lagomorphs love you right back. You deserve a medal, Doc.

MemeKirisame

I would relate to the characters of Pop Team Epic to Mordecai and Rigby. I don't know why.

Best YouTube Pooper 2018 Best Newcomer 2018 For participating in the 2017 Chew or Treat! For being a part of the Recommended Poops of October 2017 Top 10 Videos of Aug 2017 / Top 10 Videos of Aug 2017 (Regular) / Top 10 Videos of Aug 2017 (YTPMV) Top 10 Videos of Jul 2017_2 Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

Girla PurpleHeart

So I saw Episode one of Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card and the final episode of Yuki Yuna is a Hero ~Hero Chapter~. Wow, magical girl shows sure have epic shit. Also, I just finished watching Magical Girl Raising Project, and damn... I felt sorry for Snow White and Ripple. At least it does have a decent ending. Hopefully we might get a second season for this, but I don't think that's not going to happen. And speaking of magical girls, Kira Kira Precure a la mode's almost over, we're getting a new Precure on February 4th. It's called Hugtto! Precure.

For participating in the 2017 Spooky Poop Contest

For participating in the 2017 Spooky Poop Contest For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years 5 Completed Matches! *Victory Chime*  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos You participated in ten collaborations! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 36 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 20 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 239 days before it was shut down

P-Dash

CxpHvM9.jpg

*Actual photo of P-dash taken immediately after watching CCS Clear Card episode 2.

Best Improving Artist 2018 Super Metroid complete Super Metroid early Reserve Tank Metroid Prime 100% For staying strike free for 7 years. For collecting all the silver cards Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For collecting all the bronze cards Chewbot gives congrats for having 40 5-star ratings on your videos Nice Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years and stronger, too Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years October 2012 - Overall October 2012 - "Dragin' Ballz 2 : The Collectable Card Game Killing Spree " (Sentence mix-core) Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

2xdinosaurs

Discotek surprised us with an official Osomatsu-kun sub!

That's great! For a long time the only subs we had of '88 Osomatsu-kun were subs of the Spanish dub, which was serviceable but far from perfect. I know there are a few folks around here like me who like Osomatsu-san, so if you want to check out the older shows then support Discotek, please!

I hope we can see an official sub of '66 Osomatsu-kun in the future. I find it more charming than '88 but I won't complain!

Girla PurpleHeart
Spoiler

So it seems that we got a 7th Precure on Kira Kira Precure a la mode, and guess who it is? That's right, she's Pekorin and they made her adorable! She reminds me of Minky Momo for some reason. I hope the final battle episode is going to be awesome! And please Toei, make the ending have an climax ending.

For participating in the 2017 Spooky Poop Contest

For participating in the 2017 Spooky Poop Contest For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years 5 Completed Matches! *Victory Chime*  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos You participated in ten collaborations! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 36 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 20 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 239 days before it was shut down

wotersond

Ferg

YRsPB2X.jpg

Did Poptepipipidnrcgorvlrfkrduechudpic just pull a "Nice Boat" on us??? A whole decade after the original incident happened????

For staying strike free for 7 years. Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year