• Announcements

• Whelt

Metroid Game Challenge!   09/03/2017

There's a Metroid game challenge going on now. Check it out in the Games forum!
Katamari101

The Sonic Thread V2

WHAT'S THE BEST SONIC  

132 members have voted

1. 1. WHAT'S THE BEST SONIC

• THE CLASSIC SONIC
    • THE MODERN HENTAI SHIT
    • BOTH KICK ASS YOU FUCKING FAGGOT
    • THEY BOTH SUCK HENTAI QUILLS

4,495 replies to this topic

mrdavidatify   
mrdavidatify

THIS IS SO FUCKING FUNNY

Everyone's being whiny over this DRM in Steam Reviews even today without even explaining what the game is about. I mean, I'm upset about the DRM but I'm even angrier at the people who make these kind of reviews. People are whining over this yet they own games with Denuvo so I don't know what they are talking about. And even if I did, they're acting like hypocrites.

For staying strike free for 1 year. For collecting all the bronze cards Best Newcomer 2016

VGFM   
VGFM

I don't have much choice in gaming platforms so I kept my Steam copy of Mania in spite of the DRM because I'm a glutton for classic Sonic.  What pissed me off more was the controller issues I was having on launch day, but I'm not sure if that's Sega's fault or because Steam rolled out a major big picture update the same day.

It does seem scummy tho that the copy of Sonic 1 that Sega gave to Steam pre-order customers ended up preventing those players from refunding the game--makes me wonder if that was done on purpose.  Then again, was there this much backlash against this type of DRM when triple-A titles used it in the past?

For staying strike free for 7 years. For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your contribution to YouChew's favorite Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog episodes. Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

ThyToonyman   
ThyToonyman

Yes, there was. People have always raised a stink when Denuvo was involved. Though this being the Sonic fanbase the anger is especially vitriolic, especially since it came off like a break of trust from Sega

Won the Showdown Tourney AND defeated Dark Fox's surprise theme team 2-0 during the Festival Swept the board during DF and Miss10's Showdown Tournament 2017 EYELASHES! For meeting 2112pk! For staying warn free for 9 years For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For having a blog featured Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 196 days before it was shut down

mrdavidatify   
mrdavidatify

It's not that our PC's would get fucked up by Denuvo, right?

Oh yeah, now everyone's expecting Sega to remove the DRM. How fucking wonderful.

For staying strike free for 1 year. For collecting all the bronze cards Best Newcomer 2016

ThyToonyman   
ThyToonyman

That Denuvo breaks SSDs is just a rumour, but it has proven to slow down game performance, plus if the Denuvo servers ever shut down you'll never be able to play the game again, like how Darkspore is unplayable now.

Won the Showdown Tourney AND defeated Dark Fox's surprise theme team 2-0 during the Festival Swept the board during DF and Miss10's Showdown Tournament 2017 EYELASHES! For meeting 2112pk! For staying warn free for 9 years For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For having a blog featured Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 196 days before it was shut down

Erazor   
Erazor

I'm not even a PC gamer and I can understand why people are fucking pissed about DRM in Mania. You basically have a time limit on your enjoyment of a purely single player experience. I want to say Sega did it out of pure incompetence because that's basically what they excel at.

For staying warn free for 9 years For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For completing The Wind Waker during the community challenge. For completing Hyrule Warriors during the community challenge. Congratulations on finishing the first dungeon goddamnit. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Spooky Poop 2015 Thanks for the donation Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years SKINNER Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

kingplatypus   
kingplatypus

The fan design is cool and all, but I honest to god can't see her in the original sprite.

For staying warn free for 9 years For getting in the Bronze Tier donation group For getting 20 awards For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For clearing Super Mario Sunshine during our community challenge event & placing 5th in our Mario Madness Mario Kart 8 tournament. For clearing Super Mario Galaxy to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic 3 & Knuckles during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. For completing the Chao Race challenge during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For participating in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest For having your blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 68 days before it was shut down Here you go! For unique dedication to the... rabbit... girl scorpion things. Oh look, what clever users. Kingplatypus: Bulletproof.

thapoint09   
thapoint09

Sonic Forces story trailer, with subs by Woun:

"Oh yeah and classic sonic's here too I guess"

Some people on SSMB have speculated that an English version is coming sometime today

Submitting 25 videos to the Video System For staying strike free for 3 years. August 2014 - "Lady Ski Conquers Compton" (Sentence mix-core) Best Musician 2014, Best Musician 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos September 2013 - Overall, Regular

ParparPeg   
ParparPeg

That was a really cool trailer. More intrigued about Infinite now, and Eggman being serious is scary... it's like SatAM Eggman. Eggman is portrayed so inconsitently it's weird. You can see Metal Sonic glitching out like in the other trailer, too, which is interesting.

For staying strike free for 1 year. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 6 videos

Whelt   
Whelt

Why is the character so small on the screen? Is anyone else kind of put off by that?

Metroid Prime 2 100% Metroid: Zero Mission early Varia Suit and Screw Attack Metroid: Zero Mission under 2 hours Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Friendliest User 2015, Smartest User 2015
User with Funniest Avatars 2016
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Member with Funniest Posts 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Smartest User 2017
Member with Funniest Posts 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2016
2013 For the categories of Spirit of YouChew and Funniest Posts.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

P-Dash   
P-Dash

A lot design choices in Sonic Forces are starting to bug me. Like the fact that you can't your recollect your lost rings after getting hit anymore unless you're playing a hedgehog type custom character. But Modern and Classic Sonic don't get this ability for some reason.

Super Metroid early Reserve Tank Metroid Prime 100% For staying strike free for 7 years. For collecting all the silver cards Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For collecting all the bronze cards Chewbot gives congrats for having 40 5-star ratings on your videos Nice Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years and stronger, too Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years October 2012 - Overall October 2012 - "Dragin' Ballz 2 : The Collectable Card Game Killing Spree " (Sentence mix-core) Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

thapoint09   
thapoint09
5 minutes ago, Whelt said:

Why is the character so small on the screen? Is anyone else kind of put off by that?

I think it was like that in Generations, too.

Anyway, I hope we get 3D stages in Shadow's story. Also I'm not a fan of the Supporting Me remix. Just sounds plain to me.

Submitting 25 videos to the Video System For staying strike free for 3 years. August 2014 - "Lady Ski Conquers Compton" (Sentence mix-core) Best Musician 2014, Best Musician 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos September 2013 - Overall, Regular

Whelt   
Whelt

I can imagine this being difficult to play on the Switch in handheld mode because of how zoomed out the perspective is. I don't know if this is a personal problem or not, but it's the same reason I literally can't play BotW on the handheld without it making me sick. Some games are just too "big" to play on a small screen.

Metroid Prime 2 100% Metroid: Zero Mission early Varia Suit and Screw Attack Metroid: Zero Mission under 2 hours Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Friendliest User 2015, Smartest User 2015
User with Funniest Avatars 2016
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Member with Funniest Posts 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Smartest User 2017
Member with Funniest Posts 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2016
2013 For the categories of Spirit of YouChew and Funniest Posts.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!