• Announcements

• Whelt

Metroid Game Challenge!   09/03/2017

There's a Metroid game challenge going on now. Check it out in the Games forum!
Katamari101

The Sonic Thread V2

WHAT'S THE BEST SONIC  

132 members have voted

1. 1. WHAT'S THE BEST SONIC

• THE CLASSIC SONIC
    • THE MODERN HENTAI SHIT
    • BOTH KICK ASS YOU FUCKING FAGGOT
    • THEY BOTH SUCK HENTAI QUILLS

4,495 replies to this topic

appdirect   
appdirect

Well England seems to be alright with having monarchy and all.

For staying warn free for 9 years Wads of dosh For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 20 awards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For staying strike free for 7 years. User with Funniest Signatures 2015 app has become Little "mmm" Richard For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Member with Funniest Posts 2014, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Member with Funniest Posts 2015, Member with Funniest Posts 2016, Member with Funniest Posts 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013 Remained strike-free for 3 years.

SushieBoy   
SushieBoy

Yeah but England's monarchy doesn't do much anymore other than being their version of Hollywood and being ambassadors, same as with other countries. It's the Parliament that gets thing done, you know, Prime Minister and stuff.

Adding to the MJ Sonic 3 discussion, I wish we knew what specific songs he worked on, my guesses are Carnival Night, Ice Cap, Launch Base, miniboss theme, and the credits theme. Maybe he worked on Hydrocity, I don't know if he worked on the act 2 remixes or not, or if he worked on music for both acts. So many questions, we'll probably never know for sure.

Super Metroid under 3 hours Super Metroid early Wave Beam You want it?  It's yours, my friend. For staying warn free for 9 years For completing Adventure of Link during the community challenge. For getting 20 awards For completing Mario 2: The Lost Levels during our community challenge event. For completing all of the games required for this awesome award during the community challenge event. Winning Ghostly Art Contest 2014 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Thanks so much for your generosity! For taking first place in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest. Congratulations! For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Thanks a lot for your very generous donation! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Congratulations! For placing third in Mushrooms' Sonic CD competition. You've won a total of 275,000 Chewbucks! For being on the Vanilla forums for 186 days before it was shut down The Lagomorphs love you right back. You deserve a medal, Doc.

VGFM   
VGFM

You know, it actually kind of bothers me that Sonic Underground was recently picked up by Disney XD (not sure if they're still running it or not). They literally could've picked any other Sonic show (even the dub of Sonic X) and ended up with fewer brain cells killed and scalps scratched raw in confusion.

Not to mention that, of the four shows, it's aged the most horribly, mostly due the fact that it tries to cram every possible 90's music video transition into its already-godawful songs.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your contribution to YouChew's favorite Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog episodes. Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

Grease Witherspoon   
Grease Witherspoon

I dont work in the television biz but I just couldnt imagine sonic underground got good ratings at all compared to the sonic animated series or AoSTH.

Maybe its like way cheaper for them to show underground so they are just like screw it we will fill some airspace. It just seems like a poor decision on their part.

For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years For having a blog entry featured. 2013 2013 January 2013 - "Batmans Overtly Sexual Fair Use Adventure" (Sentence mix-core) December 2011 - Sentence mix-core Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 55 videos A whoppin' 25 videos uploaded.

DaftPunkYoshi   
DaftPunkYoshi

Does it really matter on what show they decided to air re-runs for?

Even if one of the Sonic cartoons got incredibly popular on Disney XD (a channel that I doubt anyone here seriously turns into) all of a sudden, then it's not like that they would actually go through the trouble to continue off a show that ended more than 10-15 years ago. I honestly can't think of any other reason to watch them on TV aside for just pure nostalgia.

Wads of dosh For staying warn free for 9 years What's this thing made out of? Lucario For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards Favorite Staff Member 2016 For collecting all the silver cards Completed Bronze set. Suggested quote to card #27 RIP DaftPunkYoshi. That old The YouTube sure is boring. Meeting tabull Chewbot gives congrats for having 40 5-star ratings on your videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Doing enough shops in your time to be able to tell by the pixels Well, my gosh. What can I say except: you're going to Hyrule, and this is the final answer heard all around the world, he's won a million chewbucks! For having a blog entry featured: Stock-Aitken-Waterman/PWL Picks #1 User with Coolest Avatars 2014, User with Coolest Avatars 2015, User with Coolest Avatars 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Funniest Signatures, Best Musician 2015 March 2012 - Overall, Regular, Classic / April 2015 - Overall, Regular, Classic, YTPMV March 2012 - "Syncro-Voxing The Glory Days Of Retro Uniqueness" (Brain rape/Rape-core) / May 2015 - "The King Goes Senile" (Overall, Classic) Tennis Staff Member (June 2009 - August 2011) You won 20 medals. Congrats! 25 videos in the Poop Showroom. Awards contribution (Top 10 and WMM medals). MMMMMM...richer! Joined Vanilla on February of '08. YouChew 1984, Static TVs, Banjo-Kazooie Sign, and many others. For service. Dinero Remained 'strike-free' for at least 3 years. April Fools' Trivia. For posting at the end of the Gen Chat thread! For posting 5 of your own YTP's in the Showroom. Participated in 10 successful collabs. Participated in the WMM Tourney. Participated in the Poop Tennis Season. Winner of a organized Tennis Tournament (WMM Tourney). Completed 10 Poop Tennis matches. Completed 5 Poop Tennis matches. Strike free for a whole year. Organizing the WMM Tourney with Strong414Bad. Winner of the Windows Movie Maker Tennis Tourney.

EmmBee   
EmmBee

I distinctly remember my Mom waking me up each morning at 6 am to watch Underground. Since I loved Sonic, it was the only way I could see it on TV. That, or getting tapes of AoStH at Family Video. I was greatly disappointed when I learned that it didn't have Amy or Tails or any other characters. I did like Knuckles being there, though. It was on UPN, oddly enough.

Also, I think it's already off the Disney XD lineup.

For staying strike free for 5 years. For competing in the Mario Party 2 Netplay Tournament. Know what I mean? For completing Super Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during our community challenge event. Testing the IPS 4.0 Update For clearing Sonic 3 during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! For taking second place in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest. Congratulations! For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos May 2013 - Sentence mix-core, Classic youtube poop the hedgehog Congratulations! For placing fourth in Mushrooms' Sonic CD competition. You've won a total of 225,000 Chewbucks!

DaftPunkYoshi   
DaftPunkYoshi

I distinctly remember my Mom waking me up each morning at 6 am to watch Underground. Since I loved Sonic, it was the only way I could see it on TV. That, or getting tapes of AoStH at Family Video. I was greatly disappointed when I learned that it didn't have Amy or Tails or any other characters. I did like Knuckles being there, though. It was on UPN, oddly enough.

Assuming that we're talking about the same UPN here (since we both live in the Chicago area), it actually did air around 8 a.m. at first as part of a 2-hour DiC block for a number of years until they moved it a few hours back and then just got rid of the block all together some months later.

I still remember the commercials they would show constantly for Mummies Alive! and Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century, but I can't seem to recall the last show they had on that block. Maybe it was that one Archie's Mysteries cartoon since that also came out in the late 90's.

Wads of dosh For staying warn free for 9 years What's this thing made out of? Lucario For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards Favorite Staff Member 2016 For collecting all the silver cards Completed Bronze set. Suggested quote to card #27 RIP DaftPunkYoshi. That old The YouTube sure is boring. Meeting tabull Chewbot gives congrats for having 40 5-star ratings on your videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Doing enough shops in your time to be able to tell by the pixels Well, my gosh. What can I say except: you're going to Hyrule, and this is the final answer heard all around the world, he's won a million chewbucks! For having a blog entry featured: Stock-Aitken-Waterman/PWL Picks #1 User with Coolest Avatars 2014, User with Coolest Avatars 2015, User with Coolest Avatars 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Funniest Signatures, Best Musician 2015 March 2012 - Overall, Regular, Classic / April 2015 - Overall, Regular, Classic, YTPMV March 2012 - "Syncro-Voxing The Glory Days Of Retro Uniqueness" (Brain rape/Rape-core) / May 2015 - "The King Goes Senile" (Overall, Classic) Tennis Staff Member (June 2009 - August 2011) You won 20 medals. Congrats! 25 videos in the Poop Showroom. Awards contribution (Top 10 and WMM medals). MMMMMM...richer! Joined Vanilla on February of '08. YouChew 1984, Static TVs, Banjo-Kazooie Sign, and many others. For service. Dinero Remained 'strike-free' for at least 3 years. April Fools' Trivia. For posting at the end of the Gen Chat thread! For posting 5 of your own YTP's in the Showroom. Participated in 10 successful collabs. Participated in the WMM Tourney. Participated in the Poop Tennis Season. Winner of a organized Tennis Tournament (WMM Tourney). Completed 10 Poop Tennis matches. Completed 5 Poop Tennis matches. Strike free for a whole year. Organizing the WMM Tourney with Strong414Bad. Winner of the Windows Movie Maker Tennis Tourney.

ConkerfanX   
ConkerfanX

eyy yo fuckin' nostalgia.

I'd remember waking up to watch Sonic Underground then catch Monster Rancher to see if I won the Monster Rancher and Lego sweepstakes.

I didn't despite all my entries.

Also speaking of Sonic, I got the XBLA port of SA2B and I really really have to get this off my chest

I forgot how fucking terribly designed as action stages Sky Rail and Final Chase for Shadow were, fuck these stages. Goddamn.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years It's a strike Luigi, you don't have it

EmmBee   
EmmBee

Assuming that we're talking about the same UPN here (since we both live in the Chicago area), it actually did air around 8 a.m. at first as part of a 2-hour DiC block for a number of years until they moved it a few hours back and then just got rid of the block all together some months later.

I still remember the commercials they would show constantly for Mummies Alive! and Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century, but I can't seem to recall the last show they had on that block. Maybe it was that one Archie's Mysteries cartoon since that also came out in the late 90's.

Yeah, Archie was the last show on that list. I remember waking up to see Sonic just to find that playing instead. It must've been around 2005, when I was in the 5th grade, I recall waking up at that time to get ready for a field trip with my Dad chaperoning. Really, the show was pretty bad, I recall falling back asleep half the time.

Now a good show my Mom woke me up for, Garfield and Friends. When The U removed it from their lineup in 2004 I was fucking devastated. But that's for another time and thread...

For staying strike free for 5 years. For competing in the Mario Party 2 Netplay Tournament. Know what I mean? For completing Super Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during our community challenge event. Testing the IPS 4.0 Update For clearing Sonic 3 during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! For taking second place in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest. Congratulations! For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos May 2013 - Sentence mix-core, Classic youtube poop the hedgehog Congratulations! For placing fourth in Mushrooms' Sonic CD competition. You've won a total of 225,000 Chewbucks!

VGFM   
VGFM

Does it really matter on what show they decided to air re-runs for?

Even if one of the Sonic cartoons got incredibly popular on Disney XD (a channel that I doubt anyone here seriously turns into) all of a sudden, then it's not like that they would actually go through the trouble to continue off a show that ended more than 10-15 years ago. I honestly can't think of any other reason to watch them on TV aside for just pure nostalgia.

It's more that I feel sorry for younger kids out there who want a Sonic show and end up with that shit. Also, I tend to cringe a little whenever studio heads make colossally dumb decisions when a painfully obvious and preferable alternative exists.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your contribution to YouChew's favorite Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog episodes. Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

KinglyRed   
KinglyRed

They might as well just grab the rights to Sonic X if they really want a Sonic show that badly

For staying strike free for 7 years. User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2016 For having a blog featured Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years

Grease Witherspoon   
Grease Witherspoon

I've been replaying sonic 2. I'm finally going to be it with all the chaos emeralds. I was playing it on sonics ultimate 360 collection which has a save feature. Without it beating those minigames are just impossible. Seriously I'm amazed anyone can get those last two or three bonus stage emeralds because those courses are brutal.

Sonic 2 is probably my favorite sonic game. Aside from those bonus stages it gets everything right.

For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years For having a blog entry featured. 2013 2013 January 2013 - "Batmans Overtly Sexual Fair Use Adventure" (Sentence mix-core) December 2011 - Sentence mix-core Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 55 videos A whoppin' 25 videos uploaded.

lordbababa   
lordbababa

Yeah I recently played sonic 2 for the first time in years myself, and I found myself loving every minute of it. Now, shortly after that I played some sonic 3 and knuckles and just wow that game's such a great game. Even though everybody says that Sonic CD is the best, and as much as I love CD, Sonic 3's gotta take the cake for the best Sonic game in my book.

For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Meeting TINS Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 12 videos for 5 tennis matches. like a true tennis-playing patriot.

SuperYoshi   
SuperYoshi

My taste in Sonic games generally changes every now and then but right now I'd say it goes 1 > CD > 3K > 2 for me.

Wads of dosh For staying warn free for 9 years For your immense generosity. Thanks for helping out with the new server Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For having your blog entry featured. 2013, Smartest User 2014, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Smartest User 2015 2013, User with Coolest Avatars 2014, Favorite Staff Member 2014 2013
User with Coolest Signatures - 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years February 2012 - "I'D SAY HE'S HOT ON OUR TAIL" (Overall, Classic) Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 15 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 243 days before it was shut down

Essemkay   
Essemkay

I think I like 3&K the most. I'm awful at all four regardless.

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Coming in 3rd in the Super Smash Smackdown! for Youchew&3DS Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years

SushieBoy   
SushieBoy

2 used to be my favorite for years, a few years ago I realized much of the game is "hold right to win", so I found new love and respect for 1, and it's my current favorite. I've never liked CD and never will. The rankings now are 1>3K>2>CD.

Super Metroid under 3 hours Super Metroid early Wave Beam You want it?  It's yours, my friend. For staying warn free for 9 years For completing Adventure of Link during the community challenge. For getting 20 awards For completing Mario 2: The Lost Levels during our community challenge event. For completing all of the games required for this awesome award during the community challenge event. Winning Ghostly Art Contest 2014 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Thanks so much for your generosity! For taking first place in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest. Congratulations! For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Thanks a lot for your very generous donation! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Congratulations! For placing third in Mushrooms' Sonic CD competition. You've won a total of 275,000 Chewbucks! For being on the Vanilla forums for 186 days before it was shut down The Lagomorphs love you right back. You deserve a medal, Doc.

EmmBee   
EmmBee

This is already more work than SA2 had, adding more playable characters. (Granted, they were all there before).

I'm probably more interested in that Virtua On game, though.