appdirect

Metroid Thread: Threaderation Force

603 replies to this topic

KinglyRed

If they take a shot at Donkey Kong again, I really hope they give it more of a dark tone to be more faithful to the original trilogy. HD would also do it justice.

I wouldn't say it needs to be darker, but rather more atmospheric

For staying strike free for 7 years. User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2016 For having a blog featured Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years

Emperor Ing

Did you not like Double Dragon Neon?

I didn't particularly like its atmosphere, which was more (to me) mocking its source material than adding to it in any meaningful way.

The same thing happened with Contra 4, so I have no reason to think the same would not happen with Metroid.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 6 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 67 days before it was shut down http://youchew.net/forum/index.php?/topic/20616-the-comparative-history-of-the-svirean-people/ For posting at the end of the Gen Chat thread! For doing something awesome, I dunno. THANKS FOR THE HELP, BROTHER Thanks for participating. Awarded to you as a member of the team Windows Movie Maker Miscreants for emerging victorious in the tennis season! Congratulations on the result of your teamwork, skill and endurance! For taking part. Tennis Fuck Choice award. you did it my boy, you won. the birds, how beautifully they sing in the pit.<br />
<br />
it is indeed clean. ing vs moogle was one of the best tennis matches i have watched, so you sir, get one of the hardest awards on the site For 10 For 5! The most well behaved giant tentacle dark ballsack to ever live. For service. Ribbit! Something about Tennis. For Best Overall Character in Rabbit's Character Study Contest.

SuperYoshi

Yeah, although I do like the music to Double Dragon Neon I have to agree with Ing (Which is a first I know!) in that I'm getting a little tired of this self-aware-ironically-bad-80s stuff. And not just from Wayforward. Yeah, a lot of old Japanese games were cheesy, but it loses a lot of its charm when it's all tongue in cheek.

Wads of dosh For staying warn free for 9 years For your immense generosity. Thanks for helping out with the new server Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For having your blog entry featured. 2013, Smartest User 2014, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Smartest User 2015 2013, User with Coolest Avatars 2014, Favorite Staff Member 2014 2013
User with Coolest Signatures - 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years February 2012 - "I'D SAY HE'S HOT ON OUR TAIL" (Overall, Classic) Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 15 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 243 days before it was shut down

Emperor Ing

I have to agree with Ing.

Why hello latest addition to my sig

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 6 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 67 days before it was shut down http://youchew.net/forum/index.php?/topic/20616-the-comparative-history-of-the-svirean-people/ For posting at the end of the Gen Chat thread! For doing something awesome, I dunno. THANKS FOR THE HELP, BROTHER Thanks for participating. Awarded to you as a member of the team Windows Movie Maker Miscreants for emerging victorious in the tennis season! Congratulations on the result of your teamwork, skill and endurance! For taking part. Tennis Fuck Choice award. you did it my boy, you won. the birds, how beautifully they sing in the pit.<br />
<br />
it is indeed clean. ing vs moogle was one of the best tennis matches i have watched, so you sir, get one of the hardest awards on the site For 10 For 5! The most well behaved giant tentacle dark ballsack to ever live. For service. Ribbit! Something about Tennis. For Best Overall Character in Rabbit's Character Study Contest.

TyrannosaurusReich

I still think people need to try and imitate games from the late 90s, those have a lot of nostalgia for me. I think we've had enough of the 80s. That and they had the best music. (Symphony of the Night, Guardian Heroes, etc.)

Funny thing is, actually, Recettear and Chantelise actually look and sound exactly like something off of the Sega Dreamcast, which I'm pretty sure was unintentional. While most "retro" games don't look anything like something you would see in the 80s, and they just seem to try way too hard.

For writing at least 10,000 words in blog entries For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years HHHUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLKKKKKKK!!! Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 12 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 241 days before it was shut down

SBB_GameMaster

I dunno, I personally loved the fact that it was all tongue in cheek bad 80's stuff, especially all the co-op high fives and the Skeletor-esque villain.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years

Captpan6

This is out of left field but what if Nintendo partnered with Valve or hired former Valve employees to help with the next Metroid? Considering how Valve is no stranger to the shooter genre, their experience with dark and desolate atmospheres, their level of cinematic work (Nintendo seems to want Metroid to have a plot), and their creativity in game design, methinks the match would be good. The chances would probably be slim but it's something to daydream about.

Placing 2nd in Chew-or-Treat (2017) Smartest User 2017 For staying warn free for 9 years A Secret Achievement? I tell ya what isn't a secret; this award stinks! DO HOHOHOHOHO! For getting 90 5-star ratings Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years July 2012 - "The Worst Sonic Fanfiction Ever" (Overall, Regular) Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 60 videos with a 5 star rating May 2012 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 80 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 80 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 80 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 99 days before it was shut down 10 strong 5 strong For being a good pet owner. Good job! For winning lucky lottery!
Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo!

Emperor Ing

Too bad every Metroid game that has had a 'dedicated plot' has sold like shit. Why bother? Obviously the market doesn't want a plot-heavy Metroid game, no matter what the fuck Sakamoto thinks.

And Metroid shouldn't really be a valve-style shooter. Valve can't do non-linear games.

<br />

SBB_GameMaster

I still say with some tweaking Nintendo Land's Metroid Blast would be the perfect way to play a third-person Metroid game.

TyrannosaurusReich

And Metroid shouldn't really be a valve-style shooter. Valve can't do non-linear games.

...did they even do a non-linear game?

For writing at least 10,000 words in blog entries For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years HHHUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLKKKKKKK!!! Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 12 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 241 days before it was shut down

Emperor Ing

I don't think Valve has ever made anything but linear sort of puzzle-y fpses. While I've never played Half Life, though I don't think it can be all that different.

My problem with Metroid Blast is that the concept entailed in the word "Blast" doesn't really have anything to do with what Metroid is. So a game designed around that concept of "blast"ing things is just not going to be Metroid.

And it will once again sell like shit!

<br />

TyrannosaurusReich

I don't think Valve has ever made anything but linear sort of puzzle-y fpses. While I've never played Half Life, though I don't think it can be all that different.

Valve has also made several multiplayer FPS games, and a MOBA (though that's mostly IceFrog, I think)

Seeing Valve take on an action-adventure game like Metroid would be interesting, I think.

KinglyRed

He was implying that the control scheme for Metroid Blast would work well if they ever decided to do another TPS game in the series. For you guys who haven't played it it's basically what Metroid Prime would be like if it was in third-person, along with the ability to dodge by shaking the remote

It'd certainly be interesting. I'm surprised there weren't more games using that kind of control scheme on the Wii.

For staying strike free for 7 years. User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2016 For having a blog featured Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years

SBB_GameMaster

I don't mean take the game Metroid Blast and sell it on its own, I'm talking about the general control scheme and the way everything just works.

Yeah, Ichigo got what I was trying to say.

Aiming feels extremely accurate. There's this one extra mission where you have to fight 2 Ridley's at once, and it just felt so great running around, dodging Ridley's attacks at the last second and firing back at him, without worrying about, say, the pointer feeling off center, or relying on auto-aim like Other M.

Whelt

I think, hear me out, Intelligent Systems could make a pretty decent Metroid.

The galaxy is at peace Metroid: Samus Returns 100% Metroid Fusion complete Metroid Prime 2 100% Metroid: Zero Mission early Varia Suit and Screw Attack Metroid: Zero Mission under 2 hours Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Friendliest User 2015, Smartest User 2015
User with Funniest Avatars 2016
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Member with Funniest Posts 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Smartest User 2017
Member with Funniest Posts 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2016
2013 For the categories of Spirit of YouChew and Funniest Posts.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

KinglyRed

According to Wikipedia they programmed Super Metroid.

As for actually MAKING one, I dunno. They're certainly capable but all they ever do is WarioWare, strategy games and RPGs

Whelt

According to Wikipedia they programmed Super Metroid

Programmed it, didn't design it.

But I think they could design one, as well.

The galaxy is at peace Metroid: Samus Returns 100% Metroid Fusion complete Metroid Prime 2 100% Metroid: Zero Mission early Varia Suit and Screw Attack Metroid: Zero Mission under 2 hours Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Friendliest User 2015, Smartest User 2015
User with Funniest Avatars 2016
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Member with Funniest Posts 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Smartest User 2017
Member with Funniest Posts 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2016
2013 For the categories of Spirit of YouChew and Funniest Posts.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

Dee

Did you not like Double Dragon Neon?

I didn't particularly like its atmosphere, which was more (to me) mocking its source material than adding to it in any meaningful way.

The same thing happened with Contra 4, so I have no reason to think the same would not happen with Metroid.

I haven't played Contra 4 in like forever and I honestly thought it was pretty accurate to its source material and it didn't feel like it was mocking it at all. Hell the game has alot of Contra 3 call backs. I don't see where you are coming from honestly.

On that note I rather play Contra 4 than 3 cause it doesn't have those stupid mode 7 levels that completely ruined Contra 3 for me.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For clearing Sonic 1 during the community challenge event. First place in the Super Smash Smackdown! 3DS singles
First place in the Super Smash Smackdown! Wii U singles
First place in the Super Smash Smackdown³! Wii U singles For completing the difficult task of achieving all A-ranks within the main game of Sonic Adventure 2. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Placing #3 in the Wheel Gator Speed Run. For posting at the end of the Gen Chat thread!

SuperYoshi

Contra 4's biggest problem was that it had to many callbacks to 1 and especially 3 and forgot that the horizontal levels were the worst thing ever in Contra 1 while forgetting that Hard Corps exists.

Wads of dosh For staying warn free for 9 years For your immense generosity. Thanks for helping out with the new server Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For having your blog entry featured. 2013, Smartest User 2014, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Smartest User 2015 2013, User with Coolest Avatars 2014, Favorite Staff Member 2014 2013
User with Coolest Signatures - 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years February 2012 - "I'D SAY HE'S HOT ON OUR TAIL" (Overall, Classic) Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 15 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 243 days before it was shut down