• Announcements

• Whelt

Metroid Game Challenge!   09/03/2017

There's a Metroid game challenge going on now. Check it out in the Games forum!
Maestro Snail

Rate the Song Above You 2

2,185 replies to this topic

Maestro Snail   
Maestro Snail

This was the last song posted in the previous thread, so let's continue from where it dropped off:

Mmmmmm For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Wads of dosh For collecting 20 awards. For sharing the love with delicious, inedible candy! For receiving candy hearts from strangers! For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with 3 hearts during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker during the community challenge. User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2016
User with Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2017 Initial concept

Designed cards #8, #11, #17, #24, #27, #30, #51, #56, #58, #69, #87

Illustrated card #98

Designed background card and awards

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For coming in 1st in the Ghostly Art Contest 2015  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! For staying strike free for 7 years. Successfully met up with Richard Nixon's long-lost daughter. Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Ratburn Van Helsing Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years

RetroJape   
RetroJape

Good song on it's own, and it made the moment in game very memorable. If this was out of a score of 10, I'd give it 8 fake afros and half a cello.

You should also listen to the Mother 3+ version.

Also, I'll share one of my favorite remixes:

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year For being on the Vanilla forums for 203 days before it was shut down

SirSigma   
SirSigma

The droning background music through most of the song sounds kind of gimmicky and makes it a lot harder to hear the lyrics. It sounds like they really could have improved that by putting it into a soundboard and lowering the background music. The rapping is okay for the most part lyric-wise, but I think they need to work on their flow. I think flow can make the difference between rap sounding okay and really good. Ending is also really bad, but I suspect it's the uploader's fault, since it sounds like the song gets cut off much earlier than it should. 6/10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rywWA6oPvfk

For staying warn free for 9 years For staying strike free for 7 years. For having a blog entry featured. For writing 13641 words worth in blog entries. 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For the category of Most Likely To Rule The World.
2013 For the category of Most Helpful Member.
2013 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 8 videos Been here since the turn of 07. For having lost not one, but two accounts. Giving myself a PRRRROMOTION For servicing us. Heh. Thanks for the donation! The forum appreciates your good behavior. For Lucky Lottery.

universalquantifier   
universalquantifier

I've never really been a fan of alt metal or whatever this kind of music is called. The song wasn't terrible but it wasn't memorable in any way either. 5/10

For staying warn free for 9 years For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

Kapten   
Kapten

6.5/10 Liked that sax part in the beginning. Overall pretty good, but didn't seem to stand out to me too much.

For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years August 2012 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Five of them videos uploaded.

universalquantifier   
universalquantifier

I can't really get into this band. I suppose they're not bad but it's just not my kind of music. 6/10

For staying warn free for 9 years For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

The Mountie From Hell   
The Mountie From Hell

Holy hell, this is gorgeous. That lineup is almost like the stuff of dreams... 8/10

Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years For taking second place in November's Photopoop contest. Congratulations! Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Kapten   
Kapten

8/10 Excellent song and good performance. I definitely liked what I heard.

For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years August 2012 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Five of them videos uploaded.

universalquantifier   
universalquantifier

The part starting from 2:41 was great. Pretty solid overall. 8/10

Kapten   
Kapten

8/10 Very nice. I really liked the instrumentals (a lot.)

Maestro Snail   
Maestro Snail

7.5/10 I grew to like it more as I listened through it. There were some parts I liked and some parts I liked less. Suppose it achieves what it aims to be.

Mmmmmm For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Wads of dosh For collecting 20 awards. For sharing the love with delicious, inedible candy! For receiving candy hearts from strangers! For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with 3 hearts during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker during the community challenge. User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2016
User with Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2017 Initial concept

Designed cards #8, #11, #17, #24, #27, #30, #51, #56, #58, #69, #87

Illustrated card #98

Designed background card and awards

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For coming in 1st in the Ghostly Art Contest 2015  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! For staying strike free for 7 years. Successfully met up with Richard Nixon's long-lost daughter. Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Ratburn Van Helsing Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years