EmmBee

Team Fortress 2

5,810 replies to this topic

zoc

So idk if it's simply that it's 6v6 but competitive is actually WAY more fun than casual. It's a lot easier to flex my old comp-playing bones since I don't have a million players firing at me from all angles. It's p nice really. There doesn't seem to be as many a-holes either since I actually met a few cool ppl thus far playing on it!

EDIT: nvm fucking hackers everywhere lol, why did I even bother

User with Funniest Signatures 2017 SURE! WHAT'S A BIG SISTER FOR? For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Thanks for the donation Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Congratulations on getting the award you've longed to get for the longest time now! For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years January 2013 - Brain rape/Rape-core Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. For being on the Vanilla forums for 87 days before it was shut down

AGSMA

People are going nuts with Valve uploading old teaser trailers in the official YT channel for unknown reasons. Maybe it's for archival purposes, but still, the reactions are way too funny.

My favorite comment so far.

IhyyKS9.png

Edit: I've read comments about them taking down due to YouTube's incompetent algorythm. Makes perfect sense to me.

For being part of the six-way tie for 2nd Place in the 2017 Ghostly Art Contest! Spirit of YouChew 2017 That's a lot of love! bubble gum and taffy For receiving some chalky, tasteless candy! For giving away those sweet treats! Gave Umigame an AGSMA attack. For participating in the 2009 and 2010 Secret Santa event For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards For getting 20 awards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos mmmmmricher Congrats on having completed 5 matches!

MAZZ0Murder
On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 8:12 AM, AGSMA said:

People are going nuts with Valve uploading old teaser trailers in the official YT channel for unknown reasons. Maybe it's for archival purposes, but still, the reactions are way too funny.

My favorite comment so far.

IhyyKS9.png

Edit: I've read comments about them taking down due to YouTube's incompetent algorythm. Makes perfect sense to me.

oh lol wow.

For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years It's a little itchy. For staying warn free for 9 years For completing Link's Awakening during the community challenge. For getting 20 awards For collecting all the silver cards For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For collecting all the bronze cards For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years August 2012 - "Chick-Fil-A-Ghey_Spaghetti" (Classic) August 2012 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 73 days before it was shut down From scrubbing all the floors in Hyrule to pinching Wendy's pennies and much more, this medal commemorating poop uploading is hereby awarded to you! Ten matches! Five matches! For meeting up with Yenehckcid! Thanks for being Strike-Free! Congrats

KingHeavy

I now have 15 Conscientious Objectors in my backpack.

Spoiler

I don't regret it.

For staying strike free for 3 years. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Top 10 Videos of May 2016 For staying strike free for 1 year. Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

The Pope

An excellent breakdown of what has made this game so timeless.

It got me thinking about Overwatch (which I also love, maybe even moreso, don't get me wrong), and about how many of those characters have automatic-style guns, and how I've always been thinking "Man I wish we'd get a character with a shotgun". You've got three snipers (counting Hanzo), five characters with beam weapons (counting Mei here), four with a sort of "semi-automatic" repeating style (Genji, Doomfist, Lucio and Zenyatta), Reinhardt with his bigass hammer, and six characters with automatic weapons. In terms of heroes with single-shot style weapons, that leaves McCree, Pharah, Reaper, Junkrat, Torbjorn and Roadhog.

And I agree with LazyPurple's design philosophy; as much as I love Sombra, her gun just feels so flimsy and when I don't get a kill I don't think "you know I could've aimed that one shot better", I just get frustrated. D.Va's sort of an exception since I get that feeling of control of flying into my enemies' grill and bombarding them or getting the fuck out of there, but there's a reason I have such difficulty enjoying playing as Tracer or Soldier: 76, it's that their guns just feel too sloppy and all over the place. And the only characters among those I listed that you could even try to put in the "shotgun" category are Reaper, Torbjorn and Roadhog, none of which load their clips one shot at a time (yes I know that's nitty gritty but I enjoy that about my shotguns rather than having to do a full clip at once), and Torbjorn's "shotgun" style fire is really only his alternate, and Roadhog's gun has been reigned in to not be that strong. That leaves Reaper, and while I enjoy playing as him, those guns just don't have the same feeling of a traditional shotgun that, say, Engie's does. And you can argue that the game is more fantastical and less realistic, which I'm fine with, except Soldier: 76's gun, as fantastical as he may be, still feels like a traditional FPS machine gun.

So I'd really love to see an Offense/Defense hero with a shotgun show up sometime in Overwatch, since like Lazy said, those types of guns just feel better to use.

But yeah, pootis gottam pootis. Good video.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting 20 awards Wads of dosh It's like giving heals to each of your five idiot teammates. Except you never play healer. I do. It's definitely not Hancock loooool For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. User with Funniest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For getting in the Super Silver donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

BimbelyGimbly
On 11/18/2017 at 5:18 PM, The Pope said:

An excellent breakdown of what has made this game so timeless.

It got me thinking about Overwatch (which I also love, maybe even moreso, don't get me wrong), and about how many of those characters have automatic-style guns, and how I've always been thinking "Man I wish we'd get a character with a shotgun". You've got three snipers (counting Hanzo), five characters with beam weapons (counting Mei here), four with a sort of "semi-automatic" repeating style (Genji, Doomfist, Lucio and Zenyatta), Reinhardt with his bigass hammer, and six characters with automatic weapons. In terms of heroes with single-shot style weapons, that leaves McCree, Pharah, Reaper, Junkrat, Torbjorn and Roadhog.

And I agree with LazyPurple's design philosophy; as much as I love Sombra, her gun just feels so flimsy and when I don't get a kill I don't think "you know I could've aimed that one shot better", I just get frustrated. D.Va's sort of an exception since I get that feeling of control of flying into my enemies' grill and bombarding them or getting the fuck out of there, but there's a reason I have such difficulty enjoying playing as Tracer or Soldier: 76, it's that their guns just feel too sloppy and all over the place. And the only characters among those I listed that you could even try to put in the "shotgun" category are Reaper, Torbjorn and Roadhog, none of which load their clips one shot at a time (yes I know that's nitty gritty but I enjoy that about my shotguns rather than having to do a full clip at once), and Torbjorn's "shotgun" style fire is really only his alternate, and Roadhog's gun has been reigned in to not be that strong. That leaves Reaper, and while I enjoy playing as him, those guns just don't have the same feeling of a traditional shotgun that, say, Engie's does. And you can argue that the game is more fantastical and less realistic, which I'm fine with, except Soldier: 76's gun, as fantastical as he may be, still feels like a traditional FPS machine gun.

So I'd really love to see an Offense/Defense hero with a shotgun show up sometime in Overwatch, since like Lazy said, those types of guns just feel better to use.

But yeah, pootis gottam pootis. Good video.

HOLY SHIT LAZYPURPLE’S BACK!

Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

VGFM

So I played this game for the first time in 3 years and man did they turn off the autobalancer or something?  Half the matches I played ended with a team of 12 spawn-camping a team of 6.

Two things I will praise are that the contract system for unlocking the new Pyro weapons is way better than the old achievement system for the very first unlocks, and the second is that the matchmaker works a lot better than I expected.  I still ended up in some lopsided matches but I was expecting there to be little customization to your search or that searches would take forever, and neither was the case.

The main reason I wanted to play this game again is that I have a strong urge to play MvM.  I have a bunch of tickets I never used and the new Pyro weapons seem totally busted in that mode so I want to give it another shot, but I'm guessing not a whole lot of people play it anymore.

Would anyone be interested in playing MvM?  It wouldn't have to be a ticket match, just anything that isn't on a custom server with 10-player teams and infinite money.  I know pretty much all the optimum builds and upgrade paths and I wouldn't mind helping people through it.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your contribution to YouChew's favorite Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog episodes. Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

MAZZ0Murder

Other than using the gift giving stuff, I didn't do squat for any Christmas event... was there even a new one this year?

And I still can't get into that Mercenary Park stuff!

For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years It's a little itchy. For staying warn free for 9 years For completing Link's Awakening during the community challenge. For getting 20 awards For collecting all the silver cards For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For collecting all the bronze cards For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years August 2012 - "Chick-Fil-A-Ghey_Spaghetti" (Classic) August 2012 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 73 days before it was shut down From scrubbing all the floors in Hyrule to pinching Wendy's pennies and much more, this medal commemorating poop uploading is hereby awarded to you! Ten matches! Five matches! For meeting up with Yenehckcid! Thanks for being Strike-Free! Congrats

CODEREDJAROD

Not much this year, there were some cool community cosmetics and taunts, as well as the first set of community war paints. There were also some bug fixes and balance changes made to the new maps. Overall, nothing huge, but some cool stuff.

sometimes pizza times it sometimes it sometimes it sometimes pizza times pizza I can't give credit! For getting 20 awards For the Team Fortress II collab! For the Team Fortress II collab! The galaxy is at peace Super Metroid under 3 hours Super Metroid 100% Metroid Prime 100% Super Metroid Wave Beam early Super Metroid complete Top 10 Videos of Jul 2017_2 / Top 10 Videos of Jul 2017_2 (Regular) For being a part of the Recommended Poops of June 2017 Best Newcomer 2017 Thanks for the donation. For staying strike free for 1 year. Submitting 5 videos to the Video System SPARE CHANGE MA'AM? Hey, gimme a boost, Mario.

That's a lot of love! Eyelashes! For receiving candy during the Valentines Day event! Top 10 Videos of Aug 2016 (Classic)

MAZZ0Murder

I guess I'll have to try harder. Turns out our router only supposed like 50-60MB vs the 150MB we were paying for and no technician ever pointed that out. May mean less/no lag!

VGFM

So there's going to be new MvM content... sort of

There's a contest for community-made Mann vs. Machine maps/missions that's about to wrap up, and the winning maps will become part of a free tour of duty (i.e. no tickets required), and any player who completes all the missions in that tour will get an in-game medal, just like in the official MvM tours.

The one catch here is that it sounds like these new maps will only be available on a specific group of custom servers and they may not be considered "official" maps, despite Valve officially supporting the contest by creating the medal for it.  It's confusing.

Anyway, this is slated to happen in February (inb4 Valve time), but only time will tell if this will actually be a major content update or just unceremoniously dumped onto the community and quickly forgotten, not unlike most MvM things.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your contribution to YouChew's favorite Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog episodes. Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year