SushieBoy

Nintendo New™ Super™ 3DS™ Thread™™

5,826 replies to this topic

randomcontributor

Uh...what? I'd say it's the best Mario Kart yet. The track selection's great, it controls great, it looks great, and it has great online play.

But it doesn't have:

1.) Quick Run

2.) An emblem editor

3.) Extra balloons in Balloon Battle, which really doesn't matter that much but it made Balloon Battle a bit more fun

For staying warn free for 9 years For meeting Markie! For getting 20 awards Testing the IPS 4.0 Update Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 100 videos Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years March 2012 - "SOME ASIAN GUYS FIGHT OVER A ROOM KEY" (Classic) Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos December 2011 - Regular, Overall, Classic For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. Well done, Link. For being on the Vanilla forums for 72 days before it was shut down 25 poops in the showroom. For uploading 5 YTP's in the Showroom.

EmmBee

One thing that bothered me about Mario Kart 7, the fact that some of the tracks... how can I say this, didn't really fit the karts? I mean, certain tracks don't feel like they were made with the kart's physics in mind. I dunno how else I can describe it.

For example, that Neon Bowser track has loads of turns that half the time the karts can't make. And Mario Circuit has that turn in Peach's Castle that's near impossible to make without running into a wall. I know Retro made the tracks, so maybe the fact that the two development teams were separate has something to do with it?

I wonder if I'm just using a bad kart combination or something...

For staying strike free for 5 years. For competing in the Mario Party 2 Netplay Tournament. Know what I mean? For completing Super Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during our community challenge event. Testing the IPS 4.0 Update For clearing Sonic 3 during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! For taking second place in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest. Congratulations! For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos May 2013 - Sentence mix-core, Classic youtube poop the hedgehog Congratulations! For placing fourth in Mushrooms' Sonic CD competition. You've won a total of 225,000 Chewbucks!

Essemkay

Double Dash is the best one. Trust me, I'm the resident expert here.

For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Coming in 3rd in the Super Smash Smackdown! for Youchew&3DS Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years

Babilonio

One thing that bothered me about Mario Kart 7, the fact that some of the tracks... how can I say this, didn't really fit the karts? I mean, certain tracks don't feel like they were made with the kart's physics in mind. I dunno how else I can describe it.

For example, that Neon Bowser track has loads of turns that half the time the karts can't make. And Mario Circuit has that turn in Peach's Castle that's near impossible to make without running into a wall. I know Retro made the tracks, so maybe the fact that the two development teams were separate has something to do with it?

I wonder if I'm just using a bad kart combination or something...

I didn't have any problems with those turns. In fact, Koopa City is my favourite track in the game. The music's nice too.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Congratulations! For placing second in Mushrooms' Sonic CD competition. You've won a total of 400,000 Chewbucks! Go nuts. March 2012 - Overall, Regular March 2012 - "Smoke weew ekoms" (YTPMV) Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 100 videos

Captpan6

When I was young Crash Team Racing was my Mario Kart per se, Not only did it play just as well but it had a story mode, open world to explore in a kart, and different challenges associated to each track. No Mario Kart game I've played has all of that.

When you play PS3 Modnation Racers you get Mario Kart plus interest. I dunno, the franchise in general feels very "standard" and I'm waiting for it to do something cool and new (granted MK7 had customizable karts but that's something other racers have had for a while now). In Trackmania and Modnation you get to build your own course. Something like that in Mario Kart, with the addition of sharing tracks online, would be awesome.

Placing 2nd in Chew-or-Treat (2017) Smartest User 2017 For staying warn free for 9 years A Secret Achievement? I tell ya what isn't a secret; this award stinks! DO HOHOHOHOHO! For getting 90 5-star ratings Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years July 2012 - "The Worst Sonic Fanfiction Ever" (Overall, Regular) Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 60 videos with a 5 star rating May 2012 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 80 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 80 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 80 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 99 days before it was shut down 10 strong 5 strong For being a good pet owner. Good job! For winning lucky lottery!
Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo!

randomcontributor

Double Dash is the best one. Trust me, I'm the resident expert here.

But it has only 16 tracks, 6 battle mode arenas, and not much else.

The tracks were very fun, but it needed a few more.

For staying warn free for 9 years For meeting Markie! For getting 20 awards Testing the IPS 4.0 Update Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 100 videos Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years March 2012 - "SOME ASIAN GUYS FIGHT OVER A ROOM KEY" (Classic) Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos December 2011 - Regular, Overall, Classic For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. Well done, Link. For being on the Vanilla forums for 72 days before it was shut down 25 poops in the showroom. For uploading 5 YTP's in the Showroom.

Essemkay

Except the content that's there is actually fun because the game isn't a broken, rubberbandy mess. And the game has an actual sense of speed.

For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Coming in 3rd in the Super Smash Smackdown! for Youchew&3DS Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years

SushieBoy

Uprising really is the best 3DS game yet. I didn't mind the controls at all after a few days of playing, I do feel llike it takes a while for the game to get really good, but when it does, hoo boy...

As for the whole lives thing, I've always fellt there needs to be a punishment for dying too many times, if you just go back to a checkpoint 30 seconds ago each time you die, it feels like I'm not really accomplishing much. What do you really get out of dying on an obstacle and retrying a dozen times on the spot until you get it right? That style usually fits into trial and error games, like Origins, but no way should Mario or any other platformer that doesn't rely on "go through a set of sequences the same way to win" sort of gameplay. It almost feels like using savestates in a way. slowbeef once said something along the lines of, "what's the point of saving and loading states to get through a game? you didn't do anything". And I agree with that

Metroid: Samus Returns complete Super Metroid under 3 hours Super Metroid early Wave Beam You want it?  It's yours, my friend. For staying warn free for 9 years For completing Adventure of Link during the community challenge. For getting 20 awards For completing Mario 2: The Lost Levels during our community challenge event. For completing all of the games required for this awesome award during the community challenge event. Winning Ghostly Art Contest 2014 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Thanks so much for your generosity! For taking first place in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest. Congratulations! For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Thanks a lot for your very generous donation! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Congratulations! For placing third in Mushrooms' Sonic CD competition. You've won a total of 275,000 Chewbucks! For being on the Vanilla forums for 186 days before it was shut down The Lagomorphs love you right back. You deserve a medal, Doc.

Kilp

MK7 is the worst Mario Kart imo. No VS. mode, bad new items, and a weak roster. And those are not the only reasons.

For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 169 days before it was shut down

SushieBoy

I think most of the shortcomings MK7 has are overshadowed by it's great online. It's such a blast playing this game with other people, and those messages you can send to friends before a race are hilarious.

I'LL BE USING THE GYRO CONTROLS!

Metroid: Samus Returns complete Super Metroid under 3 hours Super Metroid early Wave Beam You want it?  It's yours, my friend. For staying warn free for 9 years For completing Adventure of Link during the community challenge. For getting 20 awards For completing Mario 2: The Lost Levels during our community challenge event. For completing all of the games required for this awesome award during the community challenge event. Winning Ghostly Art Contest 2014 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Thanks so much for your generosity! For taking first place in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest. Congratulations! For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Thanks a lot for your very generous donation! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Congratulations! For placing third in Mushrooms' Sonic CD competition. You've won a total of 275,000 Chewbucks! For being on the Vanilla forums for 186 days before it was shut down The Lagomorphs love you right back. You deserve a medal, Doc.

Whelt

I would say Star Fox is the best 3DS game but that's actually an N64 game, so yeah.

The NSMB games and 3D Land are designed like old Mario games, where your goal is to go straight through a level without dying, and you should lose your progress if you get a game over. But you have so many lives that it just won't happen.

a) That's dumb. The challenge should come from beating a level, not beating a level within X number of tries. Punishment should come from dying, not from dying X number of times. It's one thing for the arcades to make you feed another quarter, but why should you be punished when dying a certain number of times? How does that add anything to gameplay?

B) What happens when you get a game over? You watch Mario fall down, sad music plays, you wait 10 seconds before you can hit "Continue", Mario goes "Yees!" and runs off, then you're back at the map screen, you move over to the level you were at, and you start again. So what progress do you lose? Nothing. So what's the point of Game Overs, then? Nothing. All they are is a colossal waste of time.

May I point you to, again, Rayman Origins. That game was hard as balls at points, yet there wasn't some arbitrary number of times you were allowed to die before you were booted to the main screen, completely interrupting the flow of gameplay. If you die, you go back to a checkpoint. That's it. Like Yahtzee said, it has the perfect balance of being difficult, but not frustratingly so. It makes you want to keep playing, as opposed to thrusting you out of the experience by going OH NO SO SORRY YOU LOST YOUR LIVES WHICH MEANS NOTHING, YOU GET A 30 SECOND TIME-OUT.

Pope, that's exactly what I was saying. It doesn't need game overs, but the fact is, the game is designed to use them. If they want to get rid of game overs, they need to change the design and actually get rid of them, not just give you a bunch of lives.

The galaxy is at peace Metroid: Samus Returns 100% Metroid Fusion complete Metroid Prime 2 100% Metroid: Zero Mission early Varia Suit and Screw Attack Metroid: Zero Mission under 2 hours Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Friendliest User 2015, Smartest User 2015
User with Funniest Avatars 2016
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Member with Funniest Posts 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Smartest User 2017
Member with Funniest Posts 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2016
2013 For the categories of Spirit of YouChew and Funniest Posts.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

Whelt

You know, if they put Tetris Axis on the eShop, I would probably buy it. That's the kind of game that works as a download, just a time waster rather than something you get really invested in.

What would have been really cool is if there were some way to "install" your cartridge games to play them without the cartridge... But I'm not sure how they could make that work so only one person can do it per cartridge.

The galaxy is at peace Metroid: Samus Returns 100% Metroid Fusion complete Metroid Prime 2 100% Metroid: Zero Mission early Varia Suit and Screw Attack Metroid: Zero Mission under 2 hours Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Friendliest User 2015, Smartest User 2015
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Smartest User 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

dedo

So I sort of finished replacing the DS housing, but now the touchsreen doesn't work. I remember I pulled off a layer of the touchscreen, almost like a screen protector. Would that cause the screen to not receive touch input?

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For uploading 25 videos to the site! For the love of the rabbit... crab... scorpion girls. Thanks for being Strike-Free! OM NOM

SushieBoy

If you removed something from the touchscreen, then that's probably why it's not working.

dedo

Guess that makes sense! Whatever, at least I can play pokemon without using the touchscreen. And beside, I know I'm getting a 3DS for Christmas. So the only thing I'm going to need my lite for is transferring pokemon.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For uploading 25 videos to the site! For the love of the rabbit... crab... scorpion girls. Thanks for being Strike-Free! OM NOM

Whelt

I have to admit, I've come to really like the StreetPass games. I'm hooked on trying to get puzzle pieces and get through the Find Mii games. I just wish I would run into more people on campus. There's only one other guy who carries his 3DS regularly, and like two other people who even have one at all and sometimes bring it around.

I just unlocked Find Mii II the other day, and I like how you can hire previous people you met. I used some guy I haven't passed since last semester, but he's still at level 7 from then.

Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Smartest User 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017

randomcontributor

So Nintendo Video was doing a sweepstakes where you could win some crappy Dinosaur Office remix video and I entered it thinking "what the hell" and the strangest thing happened.

I don't know whether I should consider myself lucky or not. I mean this is the first sweepstakes I've ever won, but... it's Dinosaur Office, I doubt that many ever entered, and the video is nothing special (it's like some guy's first Autotune).

EmmBee

I hate the way Nintendo Video is set up. I really wish it were more like the Nintendo Channel on the Wii, instead of having only four videos available at a time.

Also, I love how Dinosaur Office is like, the only original continuing series the service has. It's kind of sad. Heck, I didn't even know College Humor was behind it until I watched an episode all the way through.

For staying strike free for 5 years. For competing in the Mario Party 2 Netplay Tournament. Know what I mean? For completing Super Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during our community challenge event. Testing the IPS 4.0 Update For clearing Sonic 3 during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! For taking second place in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest. Congratulations! For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos May 2013 - Sentence mix-core, Classic youtube poop the hedgehog Congratulations! For placing fourth in Mushrooms' Sonic CD competition. You've won a total of 225,000 Chewbucks!

AGSMA

-From the creator of Seaman

-Another proof that Seaman is comming to the console.

brb getting a 3DS XL.

For being part of the six-way tie for 2nd Place in the 2017 Ghostly Art Contest! Spirit of YouChew 2017 That's a lot of love! bubble gum and taffy For receiving some chalky, tasteless candy! For giving away those sweet treats! Gave Umigame an AGSMA attack. For participating in the 2009 and 2010 Secret Santa event For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards For getting 20 awards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos mmmmmricher Congrats on having completed 5 matches!

MAZZ0Murder

Crinsom Shroud looks interesting.

I would say Star Fox is the best 3DS game but that's actually an N64 game, so yeah.

The NSMB games and 3D Land are designed like old Mario games, where your goal is to go straight through a level without dying, and you should lose your progress if you get a game over. But you have so many lives that it just won't happen.

a) That's dumb. The challenge should come from beating a level, not beating a level within X number of tries. Punishment should come from dying, not from dying X number of times. It's one thing for the arcades to make you feed another quarter, but why should you be punished when dying a certain number of times? How does that add anything to gameplay?

B) What happens when you get a game over? You watch Mario fall down, sad music plays, you wait 10 seconds before you can hit "Continue", Mario goes "Yees!" and runs off, then you're back at the map screen, you move over to the level you were at, and you start again. So what progress do you lose? Nothing. So what's the point of Game Overs, then? Nothing. All they are is a colossal waste of time.

May I point you to, again, Rayman Origins. That game was hard as balls at points, yet there wasn't some arbitrary number of times you were allowed to die before you were booted to the main screen, completely interrupting the flow of gameplay. If you die, you go back to a checkpoint. That's it. Like Yahtzee said, it has the perfect balance of being difficult, but not frustratingly so. It makes you want to keep playing, as opposed to thrusting you out of the experience by going OH NO SO SORRY YOU LOST YOUR LIVES WHICH MEANS NOTHING, YOU GET A 30 SECOND TIME-OUT.

Pope, that's exactly what I was saying. It doesn't need game overs, but the fact is, the game is designed to use them. If they want to get rid of game overs, they need to change the design and actually get rid of them, not just give you a bunch of lives.

I can't imagine many games made now that make it so that when you get game over, it's back to the start of the game!

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years It's a little itchy. For staying warn free for 9 years For completing Link's Awakening during the community challenge. For getting 20 awards For collecting all the silver cards For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For collecting all the bronze cards For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years August 2012 - "Chick-Fil-A-Ghey_Spaghetti" (Classic) August 2012 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 73 days before it was shut down From scrubbing all the floors in Hyrule to pinching Wendy's pennies and much more, this medal commemorating poop uploading is hereby awarded to you! Ten matches! Five matches! For meeting up with Yenehckcid! Thanks for being Strike-Free! Congrats