• Announcements

• Whelt

Metroid Game Challenge!   09/03/2017

There's a Metroid game challenge going on now. Check it out in the Games forum!
Spiral

Good movies you've seen recently

6,016 replies to this topic

TheOneManBoxOffice   
TheOneManBoxOffice

La La Land

Because @Triple won't stop commanding me to see it, and to be honest, I'm glad he didn't stop. It deserved all seven of the Golden Globes it got, and I REALLY hope it qualifies for the best picture Oscar. This is a must-see musical for any film enthusiast.

EDIT: My wish came true. It's nominated for best picture along with 13 other Oscars.

Pleeeease, your omnipotence... have mercy! For Grounder's sake HE MENTIONED IT! User with Coolest Signatures 2017

User with Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2017 Best Writer 2017 That's how I beat Shaq! ... Wait EYELASHES! For receiving candy during the Valentine's Day event! Lucario For completing The Legend of Zelda during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For getting 20 awards For collecting all the gold cards For completing the original Legend of Zelda during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event For staying strike free for 3 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Testing the IPS 4.0 Update Hey, g-give me a boost Mario. Best Writer 2015
Best Writer 2016 You want it? MMMMMM...it's yours, my friend! Bringing on joestrange8 Share a Coke with YouChew For writing 10330 words worth in blog entries. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 6 videos

BeanosOnToast   
BeanosOnToast

Song of the Sea

I ashamedly never saw this film when it was released threatrically in the UK back in 2015, something I deeply regret since my Mum wanted to see it so much as her parents were born in Dublin, so I ordered the Blu-Ray on Amazon for £15 and watched it on Friday night.

Anyway, from the Irish animation studio Cartoon Saloon lies a movie that emotionally hooks you right from the first ten minutes. Likeable characters, a beautiful soundtrack, spectacular hand drawn animation, plenty of cute moments. :3

I'll definitely be watching The Secret of Kells as soon as I can order the Blu-Ray, Cartoon Saloon's pretty much the Irish Studio Ghibli in terms of filmography.

Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Favorite Staff Member 2017 For meeting ravinrabbid123 and Ninero! For collecting all 45 unique candy hearts. Sweet! For getting 20 awards It's a little itchy! Plus my mom says I'm the handsomest guy in school! Congratulations on the millions! Spend it wisely! Now look at this award, that I just found! Top 10 Videos of Oct 2016_2 (Classic) 1st Place winner of YouChew 9th Anniversary Art Contest For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards Friendliest User 2016
Best Artist 2016
Friendliest User 2017
User with Coolest Signatures 2017
User with Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2017 For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event Participated in the 2015 YouTube Poop Secret Santa For getting in the Bronze donation group Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

VentXekart   
VentXekart

Moana

The music, the animation, the procedural generation for the water, lava, and plant life! Its beautiful!

For having a blog featured For staying strike free for 3 years. Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Many doors, yes? Richard Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Biodegradable   
Biodegradable

I too just saw Moana. A terrific film with great music, humour, animation and fun. It's also a light shining in the cynical sludge puddle of garbage animated films coming out recently.

GO and KILL! Submitting 100 videos to the Video System User with Coolest Avatars 2017
Friendliest User 2017
Smartest User 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017 For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For receiving a candy heart during the Valentine's Day event! For getting 20 awards For meeting LaVie CestLol and ravinrabbid123 For participating in the Youtube Poop Secret Santa event of 2016 For taking 1st Place in the 2016 Spooky Poop Contest! Congrats! For participating in the 2016 Spooky Poop Contest I can do it, I can do it 10 times. For staying strike free for 1 year. For The Angry Grandpa Collab. For being a part of the Recommended YouTube Poops of May 2016.

and August 2017 FIVE! FIVE TENNIS MATCHES! HA HA HA HA!! Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Hey, gimme a boost, Mario. For collecting all the silver cards Best Tenniser 2016
User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2016
Friendliest User 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
Best Image Editor 2017
User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2017
Best YouTube Pooper 2017 Best Newcomer 2016
Best Writer 2016
Best Tenniser 2017
Best Writer 2017
Spirit of YouChew 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017 For collecting all the bronze cards Top 10 Videos of Dec 2015 (Regular)
Top 10 Videos of June 2017 (Regular) Top 10 Videos of Dec 2015 / Top 10 Videos of Jan 2016 / Top 10 Videos of Mar 2016 / Top 10 Videos of Mar 2017 / Top 10 Videos of June 2017 Congratulations on your first ever Writing Staff article, my friend! :) Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

LaVie CestLol   
LaVie CestLol
Just now, Biodegradable said:

I too just saw Moana. A terrific film with great music, humour, animation and fun. It's also a light shining in the cynical sludge puddle of garbage animated films coming out recently.

Yeah. What he said.

Nah but yeah that movie was awesome. It was the first time i saw a didney movie with the english dub, and i just realized i should do that more often. The dubbins was really spot on, the animation was gorgeous and the story was efficient, and even pretty badass might i say.

For staying strike free for 3 years. Sacré bleu! Congratulations on completing 50 matches. OUIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII For reaching this poop milestone. Having 40 5-star ratings on your videos For getting 90 5-star ratings You're yellow! For outstanding achievement in achievement! For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards Best Tenniser 2016
Best Musician 2016
Best Musician 2017 For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all 60 bronze cards! You've bought everything in Morshu's Shop and didn't even need to ask for credit! Participated in the 2015 YouTube Poop Secret Santa Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For having a blog featured Testing the IPS 4.0 Update Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 100 videos MUSICOLLAB II >:3 25 Matches That Is Right He Is Jean La Vie Cest Lol And He Has Played Twenty Five (25) Matches That Is Right He Will Get This Medal! Congratulations! - TheChutley xoxox May 2015 - "[YTPMV] Destop Saga" (YTPMV) Best Musician 2015
Best YouTube Pooper 2016 Best Newcomer 2015
Best Tenniser 2015
Best Tenniser 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Meeting laromande Thanks for the donation For participating in 10 successful collabs! Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos November 2014 - Overall, Brain rape/Rape-core WHOS MAKING ALL THIS RACQUET? For winning Dark Fox's copycat contest Congratulations on winning the Multiway Tennis Tournament in 2014! For your MUSICOLLAB! Congrats on completing 5 matches! Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Sos-O-Vision   
Sos-O-Vision

Watched Chappie today and I thought it was a very thought provoking film.

For staying strike free for 1 year.

HomerAlltheWay   
HomerAlltheWay

Yet another post on Moana.

The animation was fantastic, a lot of the moment were hilarious and the plot was really good. The songs were decent but I didn't mind that there weren't a lot of them. But at least the songs were way better than the songs from Frozen, obviously.

MY CAKES WILL BURN! BREAKAWAY BUMPKIN! For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For staying strike free for 3 years. Participated in the 2015 YouTube Poop Secret Santa Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

The Pope   
The Pope

Still haven't see Moana. How does it compare to Frozen? I don't think it's necessarily THE MOST AMAZING DISNEY FILM SINCE THE LION KING, but I will concede that it's very good.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting 20 awards Wads of dosh It's like giving heals to each of your five idiot teammates. Except you never play healer. I do. It's definitely not Hancock loooool For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. User with Funniest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For getting in the Super Silver donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

TheHiddenHoward   
TheHiddenHoward

I saw Sing last thursday and i really enjoyed it.

I really liked the voice cast (Matthew McConaughey, Reese Witherspoon, Seth MacFarlane, Nick Kroll, Tori Kelly, Taraon Egerton) among a few.

The animation was very nice for Illumination Entertainment & The songs we have heard before sung by these characters sounds fantastic.

I give Sing a 7/10

Cause i'm a critical douche.

Submitting 5 videos to the Video System For staying strike free for 1 year.

appdirect   
appdirect

Max Headroom.

It's a dystopian film about TV broadcasts and how manipulative the media can be, I can't believe this was directed by the same couple who directed the SMB movie:

For staying warn free for 9 years Wads of dosh For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 20 awards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For staying strike free for 7 years. User with Funniest Signatures 2015 app has become Little "mmm" Richard For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Member with Funniest Posts 2014, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Member with Funniest Posts 2015, Member with Funniest Posts 2016, Member with Funniest Posts 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013 Remained strike-free for 3 years.

Grease Witherspoon   
Grease Witherspoon

I saw The Land of the Lost remake with Will Ferrell and Danny McBride. It's exactly what you'd expect. I enjoyed it a lot more than I expected but it's not one of the best comedies of all time or anything, just an entertaining watch with dinosaurs, monkeymen, lizardmen and a few charismatic funny dudes being silly and crude.

For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years For having a blog entry featured. 2013 2013 January 2013 - "Batmans Overtly Sexual Fair Use Adventure" (Sentence mix-core) December 2011 - Sentence mix-core Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 55 videos A whoppin' 25 videos uploaded.

FireRed☔   
FireRed☔

Shaun of the Dead

Edit: saw Hot Fuzz right after, only one left now is World's End.

Edited by FireRed☔
Best Musician 2017 Best Image Editor 2017 For participating in the 2016 Secret Santa Art Exchange! Participated in the 2015 YouTube Poop Secret Santa For staying strike free for 1 year.  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest!

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! For completing Super Mario Bros. during our community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Thanks for the donation

Biodegradable   
Biodegradable
On Wednesday, January 25, 2017 at 10:06 PM, The Pope said:

Still haven't see Moana. How does it compare to Frozen?

It wipes the floor with Frozen and makes it it's BITCH! Ahem... I mean, I think it's much better with a more relatable protagonist, funnier jokes and personally I think the songs are better too.

GO and KILL! Submitting 100 videos to the Video System User with Coolest Avatars 2017
Friendliest User 2017
Smartest User 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017 For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For receiving a candy heart during the Valentine's Day event! For getting 20 awards For meeting LaVie CestLol and ravinrabbid123 For participating in the Youtube Poop Secret Santa event of 2016 For taking 1st Place in the 2016 Spooky Poop Contest! Congrats! For participating in the 2016 Spooky Poop Contest I can do it, I can do it 10 times. For staying strike free for 1 year. For The Angry Grandpa Collab. For being a part of the Recommended YouTube Poops of May 2016.

and August 2017 FIVE! FIVE TENNIS MATCHES! HA HA HA HA!! Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Hey, gimme a boost, Mario. For collecting all the silver cards Best Tenniser 2016
User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2016
Friendliest User 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
Best Image Editor 2017
User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2017
Best YouTube Pooper 2017 Best Newcomer 2016
Best Writer 2016
Best Tenniser 2017
Best Writer 2017
Spirit of YouChew 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017 For collecting all the bronze cards Top 10 Videos of Dec 2015 (Regular)
Top 10 Videos of June 2017 (Regular) Top 10 Videos of Dec 2015 / Top 10 Videos of Jan 2016 / Top 10 Videos of Mar 2016 / Top 10 Videos of Mar 2017 / Top 10 Videos of June 2017 Congratulations on your first ever Writing Staff article, my friend! :) Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

The Pope   
The Pope

I think it's still playing at a local theater, so I could give it a shot.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting 20 awards Wads of dosh It's like giving heals to each of your five idiot teammates. Except you never play healer. I do. It's definitely not Hancock loooool For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. User with Funniest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For getting in the Super Silver donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

TheOneManBoxOffice   
TheOneManBoxOffice

Yeah, that's one I need to see as well. It looks purdy.

Pleeeease, your omnipotence... have mercy! For Grounder's sake HE MENTIONED IT! User with Coolest Signatures 2017

User with Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2017 Best Writer 2017 That's how I beat Shaq! ... Wait EYELASHES! For receiving candy during the Valentine's Day event! Lucario For completing The Legend of Zelda during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For getting 20 awards For collecting all the gold cards For completing the original Legend of Zelda during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event For staying strike free for 3 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Testing the IPS 4.0 Update Hey, g-give me a boost Mario. Best Writer 2015
Best Writer 2016 You want it? MMMMMM...it's yours, my friend! Bringing on joestrange8 Share a Coke with YouChew For writing 10330 words worth in blog entries. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 6 videos

ThemOldaBoys   
ThemOldaBoys

Moana is probably up there with best Disney films. And oh fuck yeah it's purdy. Never has water looked so damn blue. The song Moana sings is great. And the scene that really stood out to me was near the end Moana is singing this song while walking in slow motion with waves on either side of her like from Moses.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For being on multiple Recommended YouTube Poops of the Month articles from as early as April & May 2011 to as most recent as July & August 2016. Truly a legendary presence around these parts here.

and June 2017 Having 40 5-star ratings on your videos For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos August 2014 - "Sandy Amberg Consumes a Record Amount of Bagels " (Regular) August 2014 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 26 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 14 videos

TV🅱️🅱️RA🅱️   
TV🅱️🅱️RA🅱️

Ex-Machina

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 5 years. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos