Spiral

Good movies you've seen recently

6,070 replies to this topic

TV🅱️🅱️RA🅱️

The Nice Guys

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 5 years. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

appdirect

Dredd.

Pretty good action thriller, though the movie seems heavily inspired by The Raid.

For staying warn free for 9 years Wads of dosh For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 20 awards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For staying strike free for 7 years. User with Funniest Signatures 2015 app has become Little "mmm" Richard For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Member with Funniest Posts 2014, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Member with Funniest Posts 2015, Member with Funniest Posts 2016, Member with Funniest Posts 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013 Remained strike-free for 3 years.

Grease Witherspoon

The Stupids is a great stupid and silly american farce starring Tom Arnold. It's the only Tom Arnold movie I can think of that is worth watching.  It's definitely not for everyone because it's the same joke about the family being too stupid so they get into crazy situations where they survive by sheer accident or by people overestimating them.  It has the art style of a cartoon and it really pushes your suspension of disbelief but if you can accept the premise it's actually very entertaining and I laughed quite a bit.

Plus it has the best rendition of the I'm My Own Grandpa song.

For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years For having a blog entry featured. 2013 2013 January 2013 - "Batmans Overtly Sexual Fair Use Adventure" (Sentence mix-core) December 2011 - Sentence mix-core Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 55 videos A whoppin' 25 videos uploaded.

gnathic

Split (2016)

I was damn surprised by how much I liked it, although I will say the second half is significantly better than the first.

The cinematography and set dressings seem kinda dull throughout, and I don't know why there wasn't more effort put into that, the settings used had the potential to look great, and it would have made scenes more memorable imo.

I will say though the cinematography gets much better in the third act, if you've seen it, you'll know what I mean.

I just wish 

Spoiler

the ending didn't try to wrap up everything in a neat little package like so many modern Hollywood films seem to want to, they could have cut it down by about 5-10 minutes, and it still would have made complete sense, and a more abrupt ending like that wouldn't have dulled down the tension like the current ending does.

Also, 

Spoiler

the full on literal beast transformation was great, exactly what I wanted to happen, full on body horror, I liked it a lot

fishtitan

Hidden Figures, the movie about the black women who worked at NASA back in the 60s (and changed the motherfuckin' GAME).

It was a really nice feel-good Oscar movie, and I can totally see it being an inspiration to future generations of black girls.

Though the character of Colonel Jim Johnson does end up being a very obvious love interest (I won't say to whom if you haven't seen it yet)

Best Newcomer 2017 For being part of the Recommended Poops of March 2017 Top 10 Videos of Mar 2017

TheOneManBoxOffice

Over the past few days (since I forgot to update)...

Fantastic Voyage

EXTREMELY cheesy, but innovative for the time.

Rodan

It's a Japanese monster movie. These are always entertaining.

Cowboy Bebop: The Movie

My favorite anime film of all time.

Extraordinary Tales

It's an anthology of animated short films based on the works of Edgar Allan Poe, including The Fall of the House of Usher (narrated by Sir Christopher Lee), The Tell-Tale Heart (narrated by Bela Lugosi), The Facts in the Case of M. Valdemar (narrated by Julian Sands), The Pit and the Pendulum (narrated by Guillermo Del Toro), and The Masque of the Red Death (featuring the voice of Roger Corman).

Pleeeease, your omnipotence... have mercy! For Grounder's sake HE MENTIONED IT! User with Coolest Signatures 2017

User with Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2017 Best Writer 2017 That's how I beat Shaq! ... Wait EYELASHES! For receiving candy during the Valentine's Day event! Lucario For completing The Legend of Zelda during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For getting 20 awards For collecting all the gold cards For completing the original Legend of Zelda during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event For staying strike free for 3 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Testing the IPS 4.0 Update Hey, g-give me a boost Mario. Best Writer 2015
Best Writer 2016 You want it? MMMMMM...it's yours, my friend! Bringing on joestrange8 Share a Coke with YouChew For writing 10330 words worth in blog entries. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 6 videos

HomerAlltheWay

Deepwater Horizon

The first half was decent, but the second half was just mind-blowing. The acting and the special effects were also really good.

MY CAKES WILL BURN! BREAKAWAY BUMPKIN! For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For staying strike free for 3 years. Participated in the 2015 YouTube Poop Secret Santa Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

UnknownMysteryMan

Trainspotting

One of the only films I've had to put the subtitles on, but that's the only flaw I can think about it.

For staying strike free for 1 year.

ThornBrain

Kingsman: The Secret Service, which completely ruled. Acting was great, action direction was great, and I might have a thing for Colin Firth now...

Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Top 10 Videos of Mar 2017 For staying strike free for 5 years. For having a blog featured Submitting 5 videos to the Video System For staying strike free for 1 year. For staying strike free for 3 years.

Sagan Blob

"Everything Will Be OK" (2006)

(AKA The first part of "It's a Beautiful Day" (2011))

EDIT: Just saw the whole thing.

For being a part of the Recommended YouTube Poops of July 2017 Top 10 Videos of Jul 2017 (Sentence mix-core) / Top 10 Videos of Jul 2017 (Classic) It's a little itchy. For receiving candy during the Valentines Day event! For participating in the Youtube Poop Secret Santa event of 2016 Submitting 25 videos to the Video System For staying strike free for 1 year. For collecting all the bronze cards For taking 3rd Place in the 2016 Spooky Poop Contest! For participating in the 2016 Spooky Poop Contest Top 10 Videos of Jul 2016 For participating in 10 successful collabs. Congrats!!! Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

TV🅱️🅱️RA🅱️

I forgot to mention what I saw on Monday...

Fantasia 2000

It was during Music Theory class, and it was amazing. Though I honestly prefer the first film from 1940, it's still an ambitious, yet outstanding effort that captures Walt's original.

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 5 years. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

TheOneManBoxOffice
18 hours ago, TVBCrap said:

I forgot to mention what I saw on Monday...

Fantasia 2000

It was during Music Theory class, and it was amazing. Though I honestly prefer the first film from 1940, it's still an ambitious, yet outstanding effort that captures Walt's original.

Did you watch the first film in your class? If not, you should bring that up, because that I believe is mandatory viewing for a class like that.

OT:

The Negro Soldier

A documentary film from the '40s about the importance of African-Americans serving in the U.S. military. Was shown on TCM.

An American in Paris

That final segment in the movie (which lasts I think 10-20 minutes) is still incredible. No wonder why Gene Kelly got the honorary Oscar.

20,000 Years in Sing Sing

A pre-code prison movie with a memorable performance from Spencer Tracy.

The Plainsman

Not the best Cecil B. DeMille film, but still a good western about the two "Bills" of the wild west (Buffalo Bill and Wild Bill Hickok).

Pleeeease, your omnipotence... have mercy! For Grounder's sake HE MENTIONED IT! User with Coolest Signatures 2017

User with Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2017 Best Writer 2017 That's how I beat Shaq! ... Wait EYELASHES! For receiving candy during the Valentine's Day event! Lucario For completing The Legend of Zelda during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For getting 20 awards For collecting all the gold cards For completing the original Legend of Zelda during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event For staying strike free for 3 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Testing the IPS 4.0 Update Hey, g-give me a boost Mario. Best Writer 2015
Best Writer 2016 You want it? MMMMMM...it's yours, my friend! Bringing on joestrange8 Share a Coke with YouChew For writing 10330 words worth in blog entries. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 6 videos

ThemOldaBoys

I saw Arrival last night and I'm really ticked off that I didn't quite understand it as I was watching it. It took much reading and reviews post-viewing for me to get it. And now that I understand the themes behind it and the message, I think it is fantastic movie. Would see it again.

It's about aliens that come to earth and no one is sure if they're here to for bad reasons or what. But what they are really there for is much more meaningful.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For being on multiple Recommended YouTube Poops of the Month articles from as early as April & May 2011 to as most recent as July & August 2016. Truly a legendary presence around these parts here.

and June 2017 Having 40 5-star ratings on your videos For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos August 2014 - "Sandy Amberg Consumes a Record Amount of Bagels " (Regular) August 2014 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 26 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 14 videos

TheOneManBoxOffice

The Birds

Risselty rosselty, now, now, now...

Blazing Saddles

The most offensive comedy ever made, and it's still my favorite Mel Brooks movie.

WeepinnWillow

Recently saw Regular Show: The Movie again. I personally think its some of RS' best material.

For getting 20 awards IMMA SUGAR DADDY HEART ON STICK MUST DIE For collecting all the bronze cards EYELASHES! For participating in the Youtube Poop Secret Santa event of 2016 Thanks for the donation. For participating in the 2016 Spooky Poop Contest "Spare change? Spare change, ma'am?" For reaching this poop milestone. Submitting 100 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for having 40 5-star ratings on your videos September 2014 - Sentence mix-core Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years drugamin, MrTomato26, and ComputerGuy6545 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 7 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

AGSMA

Moonlight

Spoiler

aka Gayniggers from Outer Space: The Movie

But yeah, it was good. Really good, actually.

Spirit of YouChew 2017 That's a lot of love! bubble gum and taffy For receiving some chalky, tasteless candy! For giving away those sweet treats! Gave Umigame an AGSMA attack. For participating in the 2009 and 2010 Secret Santa event For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards For getting 20 awards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos mmmmmricher Congrats on having completed 5 matches!

Erazor

Don't Breathe

Genuinely tense, spooky movie. It has the guy who gets fucked to death by his mom from It Follows in it and I had no idea it was him because he had fashionable corn rows this time around. Also despite knowing the ending, I still had an alarmed reaction to:

Spoiler

the cum filled turkey baster.

Ratchet & Clank

Despite the lame, obvious jokes about texting and hashtags, it was mostly okay. Sylvester Stallone did a surprisingly good job of all people. Like, why was he in this movie and why was he so good at it? Sadly I could not ignore the abundance of asset reuse from the most recent games.

For staying warn free for 9 years For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For completing The Wind Waker during the community challenge. For completing Hyrule Warriors during the community challenge. Congratulations on finishing the first dungeon goddamnit. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Spooky Poop 2015 Thanks for the donation Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years SKINNER Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

TheOneManBoxOffice

The Bride of Frankenstein

Captain Blood