Spiral

Good movies you've seen recently

6,209 replies to this topic

ToxoT

Dirty Harry

been a while since I've watched any of the series, Scorpio is still the best villain of them all.

For staying warn free for 9 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For being on the Vanilla forums for 204 days before it was shut down

TheOneManBoxOffice
On 2/5/2017 at 8:17 PM, ToxoT said:

Scorpio is still the best villain of them all.

The great thing about the actor is that he was also this guy...

y7QDuTk.jpg

Plain, simple Garak.

Pleeeease, your omnipotence... have mercy! For Grounder's sake HE MENTIONED IT! User with Coolest Signatures 2017

User with Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2017 Best Writer 2017 That's how I beat Shaq! ... Wait EYELASHES! For receiving candy during the Valentine's Day event! Lucario For completing The Legend of Zelda during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For getting 20 awards For collecting all the gold cards For completing the original Legend of Zelda during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event For staying strike free for 3 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Testing the IPS 4.0 Update Hey, g-give me a boost Mario. Best Writer 2015
Best Writer 2016 You want it? MMMMMM...it's yours, my friend! Bringing on joestrange8 Share a Coke with YouChew For writing 10330 words worth in blog entries. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 6 videos

Sagan Blob

Blue is The Warmest Color

Spoiler

Don't let your kids WATCH IT!!

For being a part of the Recommended YouTube Poops of July 2017 Top 10 Videos of Jul 2017 (Sentence mix-core) / Top 10 Videos of Jul 2017 (Classic) It's a little itchy. For receiving candy during the Valentines Day event! For participating in the Youtube Poop Secret Santa event of 2016 Submitting 25 videos to the Video System For staying strike free for 1 year. For collecting all the bronze cards For taking 3rd Place in the 2016 Spooky Poop Contest! For participating in the 2016 Spooky Poop Contest Top 10 Videos of Jul 2016 For participating in 10 successful collabs. Congrats!!! Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

RGS

Due to the LEGO Batman hype I decided to watch The LEGO Movie for the first time and I'm glad I did. It was pretty funny, creative and smart, even though some of the logistics concerning the plot twist confused me a bit.

For the work you've done on the review of Kanye West's The Life of Pablo. For staying strike free for 1 year. For getting 20 awards For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For completing Majora's Mask during the community challenge. For completing Hyrule Warriors during the community challenge. Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For collecting all the silver cards Best Newcomer 2016 For collecting all the bronze cards Top 10 Videos of Dec 2015 (Sentence mix-core) Top 10 Videos of Feb 2016 Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event For having a blog featured For the Cool Cat Saves the Kids Collab, great job! Participated in the 2015 YouTube Poop Secret Santa Submitting 25 videos to the Video System For getting all the standard ornaments An Avid Collaborator is YOU! For participating in 10 successful collaborations. For going above and beyond with the Gamers Collab! For the Gamers Collab--CONGRATULAAAAATIONS! Spooky Poop 2015  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

HomerAlltheWay

Doctor Strange

Not the best Marvel movie as it felt long and the characters weren't too likeable (they're not bad, FYI), but it was still worth a watch as the action scenes and CGI were awesome.

The Edge of Seventeen

I definitely enjoyed this as I am 17 (coincidentally), and this film gave a really accurate portrayal of a 17 year-old. The film was both funny and emotional.

Spoiler

And no, I'm not gonna act like a bitch.

For being part of the six-way tie for 2nd Place in the 2017 Ghostly Art Contest! For participating in the 2017 Ghostly Art Contest! MY CAKES WILL BURN! BREAKAWAY BUMPKIN! For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For staying strike free for 3 years. Participated in the 2015 YouTube Poop Secret Santa Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

TheOneManBoxOffice
5 hours ago, Sagan Blob said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Don't let your kids WATCH IT!!

Well, it's an NC-17 movie, so that should be quite obvious.

Pleeeease, your omnipotence... have mercy! For Grounder's sake HE MENTIONED IT! User with Coolest Signatures 2017

User with Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2017 Best Writer 2017 That's how I beat Shaq! ... Wait EYELASHES! For receiving candy during the Valentine's Day event! Lucario For completing The Legend of Zelda during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For getting 20 awards For collecting all the gold cards For completing the original Legend of Zelda during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event For staying strike free for 3 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Testing the IPS 4.0 Update Hey, g-give me a boost Mario. Best Writer 2015
Best Writer 2016 You want it? MMMMMM...it's yours, my friend! Bringing on joestrange8 Share a Coke with YouChew For writing 10330 words worth in blog entries. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 6 videos

Triple

Muholland Drive

It's like a weird, long fever dream of Hollywood, and it's amazing.

For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Testing the IPS 4.0 Update Chewbot gives congrats for having 43 5-star ratings on your videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years February 2012 - "YTPMV: Big Beat Mario" (YTPMV) October 2011 For being on the Vanilla forums for 152 days before it was shut down *insert picture of King here* Congrats! Tonight I'm going to...suck your blood! Or ability to write Chewiki articles! Thanks!

Biodegradable

The VVitch

Holy shit, this a hauntingly beautiful film that perfectly explores the paranoia of 17th century Puritans with such grace and stark beauty. Truly a must-see.

GO and KILL! Submitting 100 videos to the Video System User with Coolest Avatars 2017
Friendliest User 2017
Smartest User 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017 For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For receiving a candy heart during the Valentine's Day event! For getting 20 awards For meeting LaVie CestLol and ravinrabbid123 For participating in the Youtube Poop Secret Santa event of 2016 For taking 1st Place in the 2016 Spooky Poop Contest! Congrats! For participating in the 2016 Spooky Poop Contest I can do it, I can do it 10 times. For staying strike free for 1 year. For The Angry Grandpa Collab. For being a part of the Recommended YouTube Poops of May 2016.

and August 2017 FIVE! FIVE TENNIS MATCHES! HA HA HA HA!! Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Hey, gimme a boost, Mario. For collecting all the silver cards Best Tenniser 2016
User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2016
Friendliest User 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
Best Image Editor 2017
User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2017
Best YouTube Pooper 2017 Best Newcomer 2016
Best Writer 2016
Best Tenniser 2017
Best Writer 2017
User with Coolest Signatures 2017
Spirit of YouChew 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017 For collecting all the bronze cards Top 10 Videos of Dec 2015 (Regular)
Top 10 Videos of June 2017 (Regular) Top 10 Videos of Dec 2015 / Top 10 Videos of Jan 2016 / Top 10 Videos of Mar 2016 / Top 10 Videos of Mar 2017 / Top 10 Videos of June 2017 Congratulations on your first ever Writing Staff article, my friend! :) Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

TheOneManBoxOffice

Deliverance

Delightfully disturbing.

Erazor

Drive

It's good. You all know this.

For staying warn free for 9 years For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For completing The Wind Waker during the community challenge. For completing Hyrule Warriors during the community challenge. Congratulations on finishing the first dungeon goddamnit. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Spooky Poop 2015 Thanks for the donation Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years SKINNER Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

TheOneManBoxOffice
18 hours ago, Robotic said:

So that's it, huh? I'm some kind of Drive...r?

BNmMF8B.jpg

OT:

Ghost in the Shell (1995 version)

Even with the live-action remake coming out next month, the original anime film from 1995 still holds up 22 years after its release. One of my personal favorite sci-fi flicks.

GasmaskAvenger

John Wick: Chapter 2

People just need to learn that fucking with Keanu Reeves is a really bad idea...unless you're two loopy twenty something home invading bitches, who are basically Keanu's kryptonite at this point.

For staying warn free for 9 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years

TheOneManBoxOffice

The Grapes of Wrath

Such a great movie based on one of John Steinbeck's greatest works.

mullet

My GF likes "family friendly" kind of stuff, so, i found Finding Dory on a Korean pirate site for us to watch. I was actually very impressed by its quality. It was competently written, better written than most comic book and franchise movies that have came out recently. It managed to keep me engaged and interested. The only thing that put me off a bit was, ANY kind of fish being able to live in ANY kind of water. I can accept it a little bit just to move the plot along, and, in not expecting flawless realism from a talking fish cartoon, but, more and more they pushed that until it was hard to ignore. Not to spoil anything, they don't only say ANY fish in ANY water can be healthy for ANY amount of time, but, pretty much any liquid in general. Soap, pool chemicals, brine, soft drinks, whatever.

For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos March 2015 - Sentence mix-core Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

Nozdordomu

The Magnificent Ambersons

Another great film from Orson Welles. I know he didn't have control over the final cut and hated it, but honestly, I didn't mind how short it was.

For getting 20 awards For being a part of the Recommended Poops of November 2017 For staying warn free for 9 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Best Writer 2015 Questioning the Triforce of Wisdom's prophecy. mmmmmmmmm Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For having a blog entry featured. 2013, Best Writer 2014
Best Writer 2016 
Best Writer 2017 For meeting Malk at Amoeba. For "GWoNAM Has Not Died Yet" Well done, Link. Well done Link! Are you meen? Because I sure am ha ha ha! Thanks for being strike free. Best overall character in Rabbit's Character Study contest. Good work!

Deaniac

The Lego Batman Movie

Not only is it a great installment in the Lego Movie franchise, but it's also one of the most fun Batman movies I've ever seen. There are a plethora of references and jabs taken towards other Batman lore such as the Christopher Nolan movies, the 1989 Tim Burton movie, the Bruce Timm series, the 60's show and other DC properties like Batman V. Superman, the Super Friends and Suicide Squad. 

Spoiler

It also ties in the "licensed" element of the Lego franchise as seen in the first movie so there are also character cameos from other Warner Bros. franchises like Gremlins, Harry Potter, Lord of The Rings, King Kong, and even The Wizard Of Oz. How they are interwoven into the plot would dive into hard spoiler territory, so I won't bother explaining it here. Just know that it's a very welcome surprise in the second half of the movie.

Also, there's a very specific joke towards Richard Grayson's name which I'm genuinely surprised the movie got away with.

For staying warn free for 9 years For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting in the Bronze donation group For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Best Artist 2014, Best Artist 2015
Best Artist 2016 For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 55 days before it was shut down For winning this year's Ford Trivia Event. Hooray!

HomerAlltheWay

Bridget Jones' Baby

Just like the first two, it made me laugh so hard. The only problem is that it kind of ignored the 2nd film thinking that it's a follow-up to the 1st film (that's just what I think). But I still enjoyed watching it a lot. It was better than the 1st, but the 2nd is still the best one IMO.

For being part of the six-way tie for 2nd Place in the 2017 Ghostly Art Contest! For participating in the 2017 Ghostly Art Contest! MY CAKES WILL BURN! BREAKAWAY BUMPKIN! For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For staying strike free for 3 years. Participated in the 2015 YouTube Poop Secret Santa Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos