• Announcements

• Dopply

YouChew's the Best of the Year 2016   02/08/2017

Hello everyone, it's time for our annual media-based award ceremony. Click here to cast your nominees for your best-of-the-year picks!  
SashicX

The Legend Of Zelda Thread

2,852 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Whelt said:

Holy shit did you make that?

Kinda, while normally I'd make the effort to draw Wario myself, I figured I'd take too long to where the page would move on to a different discussion, so I just traced over a Wario Land Shake It gif with a mouse on a small canvas real quick, and added little scuffs and folds where the cutscene artists would. To make it more complete, all the colors are from the actual Cd-I cutscenes.

I'm a Sugar Daddy! That's a lot of love! Got a lot of candy amongst the stuff I was giving! Gave away LOTS of candy this year! For collecting all the cards

Got 'em all! Thanks to KingHarky! For collecting all the gold cards

Heeey I just remembered, now that KingHarky gave me the last card, I can just give myself the awards that'd come with it! donation_award_notes For service! For getting 20 awards For getting 90 5-star ratings For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed card template

Designed cards #5, #10, #21-22, #88-89

Illustrated cards #80, #82, #95, #97 For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for having 72 5-star ratings on your videos For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! For having a blog entry featured. After you've scrubbed the King's dong, then we can talk about dinner for you Best Artist 2014, Best YouTube Pooper 2014, Best Image Editor 2015, Best Artist 2015, Best YouTube Pooper 2016, Best Image Editor 2016, Best Artist 2016 For responding to my status correctly! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years 2013, Friendliest User 2014, Best Image Editor 2014
Best YouTube Pooper 2015
Friendliest User 2015 April 2013 - "GENIE SHARES A BOUNTIFUL UNBIRTHDAY BANQUET AT ALADDIN'S RESTAURANT " (Sentence mix-core) For winning the first Photopoop contest of 2013 with your idea of what YouTube Poop characters do throughout the winter. August 2012 - Overall, Regular Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 6 videos

Are you talking about side chapters, or the full campaigns?

In the latter case, Fates was a super fucking bizarre case of three games within the same cartridge. For the other DLC, though, it's fine, but I do feel like it cheapens the experience if only a bit. I feel like DLC should only be accessible after you beat the game and have harder difficulty chapters, since being able to grind and cheese during the game lessens the experience.

For getting 20 awards Wads of dosh It's like giving heals to each of your five idiot teammates. Except you never play healer. I do. It's definitely not Hancock loooool For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. User with Funniest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For getting in the Super Silver donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

I meant the full campaigns, like buying Birthright or Conquest, or Revelations.

For participating in the 2016 Secret Santa Art Exchange! For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 8 videos BOOIIIINNNGGG

3 minutes ago, Geibuchan said:

Kinda, while normally I'd make the effort to draw Wario myself, I figured I'd take too long to where the page would move on to a different discussion, so I just traced over a Wario Land Shake It gif with a mouse on a small canvas real quick, and added little scuffs and folds where the cutscene artists would. To make it more complete, all the colors are from the actual Cd-I cutscenes.

Nice. I did recognize it as a Shake It trace, but still, I love it.

Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Friendliest User 2015, Smartest User 2015
User with Funniest Avatars 2016
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Member with Funniest Posts 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2016
2013 For the categories of Spirit of YouChew and Funniest Posts.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

4 minutes ago, Maq said:

I meant the full campaigns, like buying Birthright or Conquest, or Revelations.

Well that's an extremely rare case, so I can't really compare it to much else.

For getting 20 awards Wads of dosh It's like giving heals to each of your five idiot teammates. Except you never play healer. I do. It's definitely not Hancock loooool For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. User with Funniest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For getting in the Super Silver donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

D'ehehe, thanks Whelt! I'm actually thankful how fuckin' easy making Animation Magic stills can be. All you really need is a pencil tool, and possibly Kiirobomber's rips for assistance.

And the general build quality from animation magic cutscenes means you get to make it as sloppy or nice looking as you want.

I'm a Sugar Daddy! That's a lot of love! Got a lot of candy amongst the stuff I was giving! Gave away LOTS of candy this year! For collecting all the cards

Got 'em all! Thanks to KingHarky! For collecting all the gold cards

Heeey I just remembered, now that KingHarky gave me the last card, I can just give myself the awards that'd come with it! donation_award_notes For service! For getting 20 awards For getting 90 5-star ratings For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed card template

Designed cards #5, #10, #21-22, #88-89

Illustrated cards #80, #82, #95, #97 For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for having 72 5-star ratings on your videos For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! For having a blog entry featured. After you've scrubbed the King's dong, then we can talk about dinner for you Best Artist 2014, Best YouTube Pooper 2014, Best Image Editor 2015, Best Artist 2015, Best YouTube Pooper 2016, Best Image Editor 2016, Best Artist 2016 For responding to my status correctly! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years 2013, Friendliest User 2014, Best Image Editor 2014
Best YouTube Pooper 2015
Friendliest User 2015 April 2013 - "GENIE SHARES A BOUNTIFUL UNBIRTHDAY BANQUET AT ALADDIN'S RESTAURANT " (Sentence mix-core) For winning the first Photopoop contest of 2013 with your idea of what YouTube Poop characters do throughout the winter. August 2012 - Overall, Regular Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 6 videos

7 minutes ago, The Pope said:

Well that's an extremely rare case, so I can't really compare it to much else.

Fates was dumb and I hope they never do that again. The three paths are technically three separate games, but it doesn't feel that way. You're forced to spend $80 to play all three of them if you want the full experience and the true ending. And playing three very similar games in a row is a tall task for any but the most patient people.

Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Friendliest User 2015, Smartest User 2015
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

And since they share the same characters and basic framework, it starts feeling repetitious by the second campaign and numb by the third.

It doesn't help that all three stories are...pretty mediocre and/or bad. To me, Birthright and Conquest are "non-canon" while Revelation is the "true" story; while Conquest has its moments, in the back of my mind I'm always thinking "oh this is just a what-if story". That wouldn't be such a problem, except Revelation, while not atrocious, isn't particularly good, definitely one of the weaker plots of the series.

Other than the dungeon-crawling stuff (which I'm suspicious about but we'll see), Echoes looks like it's going back to basics, which is a good sign.

I'm very much looking forward to Shadows of Valentia for the simplicity it promises. I played Conquest and enjoyed its challenge and complexity, but lost all motivation to continue on Birthright or Revelation after it. I like Fire Emblem, I just don't want to play Fates two more times right now, especially with how dense of a game it is.

Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016

Fair point, and I totally get it, especially seeing how all three campaigns are a full game that expect you to invest everything into it, only to then have you go back to square one for each new campaign.

Like I said, Echoes apparently going (mostly) back to basics will be a huge draw for me. Even if it's short, I'll probably be happy with it, partially because it's coming so soon and was such a pleasant surprise.

Some people are wondering if the reason it's called Echoes: Shadows of Valentia is because they plan to make other remakes under the Echoes name which is...silly, but whatever. Personally I'm not a fan at all of the current naming scheme of "Fire Emblem GenericWord"; I much prefer the overly flowery titles like "Path of Radiance" and "Genealogy of the Holy War" (seriously that's like one of the coolest titles ever). I'm hoping they'll fall back on that trend, but if Heroes and Echoes are anything to go by, it's not likely.

I've said it a hundred times, but FE9-10 remake in one package, please. Do it on the Switch. Prease neentendo.

DLC...? What? WHAT?! A game this big and DLC can possibly exist? WHAT?!

It's a little itchy. For staying warn free for 9 years For completing Link's Awakening during the community challenge. For getting 20 awards For collecting all the silver cards For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For collecting all the bronze cards For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years August 2012 - "Chick-Fil-A-Ghey_Spaghetti" (Classic) August 2012 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 73 days before it was shut down From scrubbing all the floors in Hyrule to pinching Wendy's pennies and much more, this medal commemorating poop uploading is hereby awarded to you! Ten matches! Five matches! For meeting up with Yenehckcid! Thanks for being Strike-Free! Congrats

21 minutes ago, MAZZ0Murder said:

A game this big and DLC can possibly exist? WHAT?!

Uh

Big games have had DLC before. Skyrim? Fallout?

The thing raising people's eyebrows isn't the fact that the game is big, is that it's Nintendo.

Well yeah but... eh w/e

I'll be buying anyway like an idiot I'm sure!

It's a little itchy. For staying warn free for 9 years For completing Link's Awakening during the community challenge. For getting 20 awards For collecting all the silver cards For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For collecting all the bronze cards For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years August 2012 - "Chick-Fil-A-Ghey_Spaghetti" (Classic) August 2012 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 73 days before it was shut down From scrubbing all the floors in Hyrule to pinching Wendy's pennies and much more, this medal commemorating poop uploading is hereby awarded to you! Ten matches! Five matches! For meeting up with Yenehckcid! Thanks for being Strike-Free! Congrats

THUNDERSTRUCK.gif

I'm getting bad Thunder Plains flashbacks from this.

bubble gum and taffy That's a lot of love! For receiving candy during the Valentines Day event! It's a little itchy... For participating in the 2016 Secret Santa Art Exchange! Asked nicely.

I'm on a zelda kick right now. I preordered Breath of the Wild for the wii u.  I just got Zelda Monopoly and I ordered some new minifigures to use as replacements for the game pieces and I'll probably modify the rules to make the game more zelda like where if you land on certain spaces you get special weapons and such.

I also started playing hyrule warriors and majoras mask again.  I forgot like everything in majoras mask with the zoras and the third dungeon. It's not my favorite area but it was fun. Hyrule Warriors is addicting and fun but it's also frustratingly difficult and there is so much to unlock.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years For having a blog entry featured. 2013 2013 January 2013 - "Batmans Overtly Sexual Fair Use Adventure" (Sentence mix-core) December 2011 - Sentence mix-core Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 55 videos A whoppin' 25 videos uploaded.

BotW DLC is a pretty stupid idea, but I think it might have been more reasonable if it wasn't so pricey. Previous DLC for Nintendo games were pretty fairly priced, but now they want people to give $20 for a season pass on top of already paying $60 for the game? The idea is just so asinine; this is some Gearbox, Activision level shit, not something I'd expect from Nintendo of all companies.

For staying warn free for 9 years For getting in the Bronze Tier donation group For getting 20 awards For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For clearing Super Mario Sunshine during our community challenge event & placing 5th in our Mario Madness Mario Kart 8 tournament. For clearing Super Mario Galaxy to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic 3 & Knuckles during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. For completing the Chao Race challenge during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For participating in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest For having your blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 68 days before it was shut down Here you go! For unique dedication to the... rabbit... girl scorpion things. Oh look, what clever users. Kingplatypus: Bulletproof.

Just about as asinine as paying $40 extra for a master sword stand, and MASTER EDITION in general... on top of your Zelda theme'd Joy-cons, and your Zelda theme'd Switch, and that ridiculous Zelda costume for cosplay you just bought, and a replica of the master sword, and that $1600 Majora's Mask Not for Resale store demo...and their $400 Majora's Mask New 3DS.

fact is, Die hard fans who want their wallets to DIE will pay anything for what they love

Well, I've done it. I finally completed OoT for the first time in 10+ years and started and completed Majoras Mask over the past few weeks. (The 3DS versions of both.) So I've now officially completed every 3D Zelda game and every major console Zelda other than 2, which I'll probably get to soon. So yeah, I think I'm ready for BotW now.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years For Ohayocon! Ohaaaaaayo! *Robotnik music* You've GOT a little penis... Strrrriiiike free. For Lucky Lottery.

You guys are flipping the fuck out about the DLC, first of all its only 20 dollars, which is a whole lot better than what other companys charge for (60$), second of all we dont know if its going to be good or bad, it could be really worth it but it could also be not. Nintendo has been pretty good with dlc, they only add it in when its necessary so I have confidence that they'll pull through with this.

For staying strike free for 3 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year