SashicX

The Legend Of Zelda Thread

3,379 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Whelt said:

Weapon durability too low? By mid-late game I had so many powerful weapons on hand at all times that I wished I could get rid of them faster. 

Yes but once they break and you want to get it back, you end up trudging back to its spawn location.  You'll usually never miss having weapons around, but this isn't the complaint I was making, the problem is that if you value a weapon for whatever reason, it'll break very quickly and getting another one requires busywork running back to fetch it.  Not much of a reason for weapons to not last longer, as far as I can figure.  What I'd really prefer, though, (and neglected to mention in my post) is a way to either repair or upgrade random weapons.  It'd feel more involved and personal if I could choose to find some random spear on the ground and make it better than the Master Sword by spending rare/hard to obtain materials and time on it, instead of every single weapon being use-it-and-lose-it and running back to Hyrule Castle to grab more greatswords and shields and shit or running off to grab a Rockbreaker so I can remake the 80 damage Goron mace.  

Also, use bomb arrows to get multiple balloons at once in the archery challenge.

Fucker, I have tried EVERYTHING.  Every trick in the fucking book, I just can't do it.  I've spent time trying to get horses with top quality handling, I've used x3 bows and ancient/bomb arrows, I just can't do it.  The controls are too stiff for me and I can't manage to master the part where you need to shoot the targets that go up the rocky hill.  Between that and making the horse speed up/slow down being in a pain in the ass, I can't do it.

And press X during the blood moon to make the skip prompt appear right away.

That doesn't work for me?  I start pressing X right away but it still takes a few seconds for it to trigger the prompt, but even then the fact that the Blood Moon stops your gameplay in its tracks every single time it happens is very annoying.  Like yeah cool, I get it, big red moon cool I don't need to see the damn cutscene every time.

For writing the guest article "What is a Musical Leitmotif and How Do You Use It?" Smartest User 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017 For staying strike free for 7 years. For staying strike free for 1 year. For staying strike free for 3 years. For staying strike free for 5 years. For being on the Vanilla forums for 107 days before it was shut down

That's weird, it always shows up when I press X. Oh, are you playing the WeeWoo version? It could be a loading time thing.

As for the weapons, there's your issue, getting attached to them. Weapons are generic and expendable, it's like getting attached to a car in GTA, it's just gonna explode in a few minutes anyway.

But the system could have been improved, sure. I don't think I necessarily like not being able to grow fond of any weapon, lest it break. Durability worked ok in this game, but in the future I think I would like to see permanent weapons return. Or at least, have a large roster of permanent weapons, and make them effective in different situations so you're still encouraged to change it up.

Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Friendliest User 2015, Smartest User 2015
User with Funniest Avatars 2016
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Member with Funniest Posts 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Smartest User 2017
Member with Funniest Posts 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2016
2013 For the categories of Spirit of YouChew and Funniest Posts.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

Weapons being generic and expendable works through most of the game but towards the end I've found myself porting back to Hyrule Castle to hit up the Knight's equipment spawns really often (not to mention repeated trips to Death Mountain to grab the mace you need to reforge the 80 damage mace).  It mostly ties in with my complaint that spawns are static.  I mean, if I had to actively search for a new powerful weapon it'd seem a little cooler, but because I'm just going to go back to the same area to get new weapons, it's just running back every now and again like it's an errand.  

Once you stop doing so much exploring and are just farming up ingredients for endgame upgrades, you waste good weapons on stuff like Talus and Hinox fights (or any of the little fights you get into in between) and don't replace any of the weapons you used up.  Plus, I'd like it if I could get attached to items.  This is just a clash of interests thing and my own opinion, but it'd be neat if you could find a weapon or two and make them your own somehow.  People have a lot of fun dressing up and trying to customize their Links.  Why not add weapon equipment into the mix?  Imagine if you could not only upgrade weapons into having unique/better stats, but also do things to effect their appearance.  I dunno, I just would have preferred a better weapon system overall, especially for farming.  Like damn, how often do you bother to whip out the Master Sword for fighting as opposed to using it to mine/break boxes/hit timestopped stuff/etc so you don't waste durability on your 'real' weapons?

For writing the guest article "What is a Musical Leitmotif and How Do You Use It?" Smartest User 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017 For staying strike free for 7 years. For staying strike free for 1 year. For staying strike free for 3 years. For staying strike free for 5 years. For being on the Vanilla forums for 107 days before it was shut down

I think the only issue I have with comparing weapons to cars in GTA is that in GTA you can save a few cars to your garage and access them at your convenience, fully repaired and ready to go. You do have to go back to your safe house to get them, but since you start there, it's hardly ever an issue. I've always gotten attached to vehicles in GTA and I've never really had an issue with keeping them as long as I got them to a safe house first.  And as of V, you can just have your vehicles brought to you anyway. I don't remember if you could have cars brought to you in IV, but I know you could have Lilttle Jacob bring you Cluckin' Bell weapons. I don't necessarily think that would be the best idea for how BotW's weapons work because it would severely devalue almost all the weapons, but it'd be nice to have some kind of reliable access to a handful of weapons that you particularly like using. 

Anyway, I've been playing the game on and off on Wii U. I'm having fun with it for the most part, but there's a lot of stuff that's just not to my liking. They're really subjective issues, however-it's mostly just that I'm not overly fond of crafting systems or survival games. Like, they're things that I wasn't going to enjoy anyway, but I'm trying to look past them so I can enjoy the game for what it is. I like that they decided to take a different approach to the game and overall I love the world. The story is shit, but nobody's disagreeing there from what I've seen. Mostly I'm just excited to see where they go from here if they continue this formula and improve on it with the next game.

Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For staying strike free for 5 years. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Posting after Dopply

Yeah, it seems like weapons go BYE BYE pretty quickly. I tend to just save my better ones on stronger enemies...

It's a little itchy. For staying warn free for 9 years For completing Link's Awakening during the community challenge. For getting 20 awards For collecting all the silver cards For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For collecting all the bronze cards For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years August 2012 - "Chick-Fil-A-Ghey_Spaghetti" (Classic) August 2012 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 73 days before it was shut down From scrubbing all the floors in Hyrule to pinching Wendy's pennies and much more, this medal commemorating poop uploading is hereby awarded to you! Ten matches! Five matches! For meeting up with Yenehckcid! Thanks for being Strike-Free! Congrats

You can actually store up to 3 weapons, bows, and shields in your upgraded house, but it doesn't repair them, so ultimately is not that useful.

Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Friendliest User 2015, Smartest User 2015
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Smartest User 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

Ugh... I couldn't find the major to buy that house yet XD

Also the Koroks can give you more space, so that helps.

It's a little itchy. For staying warn free for 9 years For completing Link's Awakening during the community challenge. For getting 20 awards For collecting all the silver cards For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For collecting all the bronze cards For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years August 2012 - "Chick-Fil-A-Ghey_Spaghetti" (Classic) August 2012 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 73 days before it was shut down From scrubbing all the floors in Hyrule to pinching Wendy's pennies and much more, this medal commemorating poop uploading is hereby awarded to you! Ten matches! Five matches! For meeting up with Yenehckcid! Thanks for being Strike-Free! Congrats

Well that's cool at least. I'm not really that far in, but that's nice to know. As you said, though, not really that useful. 

Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For staying strike free for 5 years. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Posting after Dopply

A minor nitpick I have with BotW that I haven't seen mentioned would be those sections of mountain that are accessible and yet can't be climbed.  They're on the edge of the map, yeah, but it would be nice if I were given a reason other than "You can't go any further."  At least with the desert and oceans and such you could chalk it up to sandstorms, strong currents/gusts and what have you that would keep you from progressing, but here you're just stopped by some cosmic force.  In any other game this wouldn't be such a big deal and it still kinda isn't, but one of the biggest selling points of this game was the open world and the ability to travel anywhere you can see, so to be stopped in my tracks by an inexplicable invisible wall for no given reason is nothing short of disappointing.  Considering how big the world is already it can be looked past easily, but it still could've been handled better.

YOU CLOBBAH'D DAT DERE DEEL DOH Sexual Innuendos: The Award Eyelashes! 2009/2010 For having multiple entries for both February & May 2012 with the Recommended YouTube Poops of the Month articles. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Ocarina of Time Master Quest during the community challenge. For completing Link's Awakening during the community challenge. For completing Ocarina of Time with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing Ocarina of Time during the community challenge. For obtaining 50 awards. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. Cashmoney For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange 2015 Contest - STEVE HARVERSE Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For designing the awards used in the Super Mario Challenge. For clearing Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Way to go! For clearing Super Mario Land during the community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing the very hard game of Mario Bros 2 (JPN)/Lost Levels during the community challenge event. Wow! For completing Mario 1-3 & World for the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic 1 during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. HEEEEY IT'S JOE LIGOTTI, THE GUY FROM BOSTON, BABY, THIS IS MY FWUARKIN' CHEWIKI AHDICULL you know him well. Best Artist 2015
User with Funniest Avatars 2017 For having a blog entry featured. "Best Artist" - 2014
Best Image Editor 2016
Best Artist 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Well done! Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Getting 1st in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest For participating in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest Thank you for your patronage! It's yours, my friend! For his winning entry "This Collage Contains Poop" in the Photopoop Contest: Festival Edition Chewbot gives congrats for having 29 videos with a 5 star rating YTP Caricature Booth Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 49 videos May 2012 - Brain rape/Rape-core May 2012 - "AND DAY" (Overall, Regular) Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Gumball Review Congrats, you deserve this! How exciting! CLEVER CHILD Thanks! Cookies good, om nom nom... For winning the cooking contest!
For your art entry in Harrison Ford Trivia 2012!

"You can't go any further...Until you buy the DLC."

New patch just came out, and it includes language options.

That is genuinely surprising, I didn't expect Nintendo to just throw it in like that. But good on them for doing so. It's good to have the option, but I don't think I'll even switch it (for the DLC/Hard mode/whatever), to be honest. The English voice acting isn't great, but it's kind of grown on me in its own awkward way.

Also, details on Expansion Pack 1:

http://zelda.com/breath-of-the-wild/news/expansion-pass-dlc-pack-1-detailed/

More than I expected, but I'm not sure how to feel about their implementation of hard mode. It's just stronger enemies with regenerating health, and some enemies on sky rafts. Kind of underwhelming.

Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Smartest User 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017

The Trial of the Sword does seem pretty neat with it offering the incentive of having a constantly-glowing Master Sword wherever you go as it would make it more of a viable option in battle instead of a backup weapon in case you have nothing better or want to save your stronger weapons for tougher enemies. That Korok Mask would also be incredibly helpful for finding all those Koroks given how many of them there are, though it still doesn't change that there's no real reward for getting them all aside from having an expanded inventory to work with.

But outside of those two things and Tingle's Outfit, this Expansion Pack seems a bit lackluster.

For 50 awards! PATRICK NEEDS LOVE TOO! PUH-LAQUE MONSTERS donation_award_notes For receiving candy during the Valentine's Day event! IT'S GOT YOU WRITTEN ALL OVER IT For participating in YouChew Secret Santa event prior to 2015 For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Link's Crossbow Training during the community challenge. For completing The Legend of Zelda during the community challenge. For completing Ocarina of Time with 3 hearts during the community challenge. For completing Ocarina of Time during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event Richer! Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For having a blog featured For staying strike free for 3 years. For finishing first place in the YouChew Mario Madness Mario Kart 8 tournament! For clearing Super Mario Galaxy 2 during the community challenge event. For clearing all of the games required for this prestigious award. Great work! For clearing Super Mario Galaxy to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing the very hard game of Mario Bros 2 (JPN)/Lost Levels during the community challenge event. Wow! For completing Mario 1-3 & World for the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario Sunshine 100% during a community challenge event. E3 Bingo 2015 For clearing Sonic CD during the community challenge event. For completing the Chao Race challenge during the community challenge event. For completing the difficult task of achieving all A-ranks within the main game of Sonic Adventure 2. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. He's bigger, faster, Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos For the EARRAPE Collab. For the EARRAPE Collab. For your article about what's new about the New Nintendo 3DS. For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Congrats on 10 collabs! March 2014 - "Kuroko Forgets How To Peel Tomatoes" (Regular) March 2014 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year User with Funniest Signatures 2016
Best YouTube Pooper 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

I've basically moved past the game. In general I'm not a huge fan of single player games getting downloadable content, because they tend to either be superfluous, giving me little reason to go back to a game I've already beaten, or necessary, making the base game feel incomplete.

I guess the former's fine for people who like that kind of thing, but the second one is a big no-no. Like how they only gave some of the villains and side characters in Fire Emblem Fates depth via DLC. If that shit's not in the main game, then you're basically selling essential story components separately, and fuck that.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting 20 awards Wads of dosh It's like giving heals to each of your five idiot teammates. Except you never play healer. I do. It's definitely not Hancock loooool For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. User with Funniest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For getting in the Super Silver donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

I'm a little disappointed in what the first pack is offering, but honestly I wasn't expecting much. I was hoping that "hard mode" would be more than just an enemy attack and health buff (maybe change enemy attack patterns, shorten their telegraphs, etc.) but I can see why they wouldn't want to go through all that effort.

For staying strike free for 7 years. Organized the 2015 YouTube Poop Secret Santa Thanks for the donation Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years July 2013 - "I actually preferred it when the book was in your possession." (Regular) April 2013 - Overall, Regular Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 10 videos

Did anyone expect a forced expansion pass for a Nintendo game to really be all that great?  Expansion passes are awful enough to begin with, but when they FORCE you to buy the pass to get upcoming planned DLC, why even bother to hold hope?

Apparently Cucco's will kill even Lynols if provoked. While they are mostly unsuccessful in the video with making some monsters fight they have a few moment. The Cucco's are at the end though.

Though a friend of mine says HIS friend managed to get a Guardian and a Lynol to fight after some effort... but even in this video it doesn't seem like they really damage each other much.

Link punches a treasure chest if you open it while crouching. I never even thought to try it.

Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Smartest User 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017