SashicX

The Legend Of Zelda Thread

3,242 posts in this topic

I have to agree - for all its problems, Spirit Tracks has a really good OST. I'll betcha giving all the Lokomos different oddball instruments was just an excuse to use them so much, and man it's just worth it.

I still say that the normal Overworld theme from it is one of my favorite pieces in the series.

Lucario For clearing Sonic 3 & Knuckles during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For writing 12976 words worth in blog entries. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For his premier article "A Brief History of Minecraft: From the Creative Mode to Ender Dragons" For being on the Vanilla forums for 90 days before it was shut down

My favorite track from ST is either that or Byrne's boss theme. It's also got one of the best final boss themes in the whole series

For staying strike free for 7 years. User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2016 For having a blog featured Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years

I'm always disappointed this has never returned in any Zelda or Nintendo crossover game. Link's Awakening as a whole gets little to no love from Nintendo. I was absolutely shocked when I heard the overworld spliced with Tal Tal Heights in Brawl.

Oh and the fact that "Ballad of the Wind Fish" is only there in name only in Majora's Mask is fucking stupid and will always annoy me.

Wads of dosh For staying warn free for 9 years For your immense generosity. Thanks for helping out with the new server Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For having your blog entry featured. 2013, Smartest User 2014, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Smartest User 2015 2013, User with Coolest Avatars 2014, Favorite Staff Member 2014 2013
User with Coolest Signatures - 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years February 2012 - "I'D SAY HE'S HOT ON OUR TAIL" (Overall, Classic) Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 15 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 243 days before it was shut down

I'm still incredibly happy they played Ballad of the Wind Fish (the LA one) at the concert. I'm not ashamed to say I was moved to heavy tears. LA was my first Zelda game so it holds a special spot in my chest cavity.

Lucario For clearing Sonic 3 & Knuckles during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For writing 12976 words worth in blog entries. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For his premier article "A Brief History of Minecraft: From the Creative Mode to Ender Dragons" For being on the Vanilla forums for 90 days before it was shut down

Yeah, it seems Link's Awakening was a lot of people around our ages' first Zelda (Happy birthday, by the way!). Zelda 2 was the first one I played, but Link's Awakening was the first one I got for myself back in 1997. Think it was for my 8th birthday.

Wads of dosh For staying warn free for 9 years For your immense generosity. Thanks for helping out with the new server Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For having your blog entry featured. 2013, Smartest User 2014, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Smartest User 2015 2013, User with Coolest Avatars 2014, Favorite Staff Member 2014 2013
User with Coolest Signatures - 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years February 2012 - "I'D SAY HE'S HOT ON OUR TAIL" (Overall, Classic) Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 15 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 243 days before it was shut down

I think I was six when I got it. The first one I'd ever played was LTTP when I was a toddler, but I played OoT at a cousin's house a couple years before LA. Zelda, along with Pokemon, was always sort of integrated into my life history.

Of course, me being a really stupid kid, I had no comprehension of the game's plot twist halfway through and so I continued on blissfully unaware until it smacked me in the face at the end of the game. That, I think, is really what cemented it as such a memorable experience, even if it was unintentional on the game's or my part.

also thanks

Oracle of Ages was my first game when one of my sisters got it for Christmas back in like... 2001, I think. The first one I really played was Wind Waker. I distinctly remember one of my friends telling me "you have a talking boat" and my 9-year-old self just had to get it.

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Coming in 3rd in the Super Smash Smackdown! for Youchew&3DS Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years

I'm always disappointed this has never returned in any Zelda or Nintendo crossover game.

Yeah, I will admit, I do love that song.

Before I gave the game another run a few months ago, the last time I had played it was when I was 8 or something, so I hardly remembered the music. So when I heard this, I had no idea where it was from, but I really dug it.

So you can at least listen to this for a good retooling of that song.

For getting 20 awards Wads of dosh It's like giving heals to each of your five idiot teammates. Except you never play healer. I do. It's definitely not Hancock loooool For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. User with Funniest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For getting in the Super Silver donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

If you want to talk about nostalgic dungeon themes, there can be only one:

[song]FACE SHRINE YO[/song]

Hot damn, Link's Awakening is still probably one of the best Zelda OSTs out there. Every dungeon theme fits perfectly (and in this case adds some emotional weight to the proceedings), the overworld is great, town theme is great, windfish, boss theme, everything is perfect.

I love the somber tone of Face Shrine. I've only played through the game twice, once when I was a kid and again only a couple of years ago. Both times the song created an empty kind of feeling for me. That was probably also due to how echo-y the Game Boy's sound usually was. Either way it was effective.

Was going to post Sword Search as well but it looks like I was beaten to it. That's one of my favorite out of all the Zelda songs, and definitely my favorite from Link's Awakening.

I'm gonna post this since I saw it on SY's feed a while back and I absolutely loved it, you can sort of imagine it playing at a low-key game convention. Makes me feel all fuzzy for that game again.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year For being on the Vanilla forums for 203 days before it was shut down

This is one of my favorites from Link's Awakening, if only for the ridiculous context in which it plays.

I love how the entire game has this bizarre tongue-in-check atmosphere to it. It's almost like a parody of the initial Zelda games, and in a good way.

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Coming in 3rd in the Super Smash Smackdown! for Youchew&3DS Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years

BY THE WAY, YOU CAN PRESS THE SELECT BUTTON TO LOOK AT YOUR MAP.

EH? WHAT'S THE SELECT BUTTON?

DON'T ASK ME, I'M JUST A KID!

The game does have a bit of self-aware humor to it, which does give it something of a light-hearted atmosphere.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 6 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 67 days before it was shut down http://youchew.net/forum/index.php?/topic/20616-the-comparative-history-of-the-svirean-people/ For posting at the end of the Gen Chat thread! For doing something awesome, I dunno. THANKS FOR THE HELP, BROTHER Thanks for participating. Awarded to you as a member of the team Windows Movie Maker Miscreants for emerging victorious in the tennis season! Congratulations on the result of your teamwork, skill and endurance! For taking part. Tennis Fuck Choice award. you did it my boy, you won. the birds, how beautifully they sing in the pit.<br />
<br />
it is indeed clean. ing vs moogle was one of the best tennis matches i have watched, so you sir, get one of the hardest awards on the site For 10 For 5! The most well behaved giant tentacle dark ballsack to ever live. For service. Ribbit! Something about Tennis. For Best Overall Character in Rabbit's Character Study Contest.

I love it when games do that, it's especially funny in the Mother series.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year For being on the Vanilla forums for 203 days before it was shut down

Just reading the page in Nintendo Power about the Historia makes me want it even more :3

I'm always disappointed this has never returned in any Zelda or Nintendo crossover game. Link's Awakening as a whole gets little to no love from Nintendo. I was absolutely shocked when I heard the overworld spliced with Tal Tal Heights in Brawl.

Oh and the fact that "Ballad of the Wind Fish" is only there in name only in Majora's Mask is fucking stupid and will always annoy me.

Yeah that one is a pretty good theme!

I think I had the B&W version and then the DX version of Link's Awakening...or maybe I just played the B&W and then got DX when it was released.

As for the Face Shrine it was always amusing to rush into Facade's layer drop a bomb as he was appearing so it explodes just before he accidentally mentions that he has a weakness...though he was a sad boss fight, but still not as frustratingly bad as the Angler Fish from the 4th dungeon!

I was glad to see that as a mini-boss in later Oracle games, Facade at least had a few more tricks (many holes opening up behind you and such).

It's a little itchy. For staying warn free for 9 years For completing Link's Awakening during the community challenge. For getting 20 awards For collecting all the silver cards For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For collecting all the bronze cards For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years August 2012 - "Chick-Fil-A-Ghey_Spaghetti" (Classic) August 2012 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 73 days before it was shut down From scrubbing all the floors in Hyrule to pinching Wendy's pennies and much more, this medal commemorating poop uploading is hereby awarded to you! Ten matches! Five matches! For meeting up with Yenehckcid! Thanks for being Strike-Free! Congrats

Having a lot of fun playing through Link's Awakening. I haven't touch that game for a long time so I'm happy that I'm trying out that game again.

Currently I'm stick at Bottle Grotto because I can't find the Power Bracelet. I explored all the rooms, defeated the mini boss, and still can't find it.

2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Congratulations! For placing sixth in Mushrooms' Sonic CD competition. You've won a total of 85,000 Chewbucks! Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Ranked among December 2011's Top 10 list in the Sentence Mix-Core category. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 8 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 61 days before it was shut down

the game is really straight-forward at this point, so you're just fucking up. Look harder.

Now, if you start complaining about Eagle Tower, that's justified.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 6 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 67 days before it was shut down http://youchew.net/forum/index.php?/topic/20616-the-comparative-history-of-the-svirean-people/ For posting at the end of the Gen Chat thread! For doing something awesome, I dunno. THANKS FOR THE HELP, BROTHER Thanks for participating. Awarded to you as a member of the team Windows Movie Maker Miscreants for emerging victorious in the tennis season! Congratulations on the result of your teamwork, skill and endurance! For taking part. Tennis Fuck Choice award. you did it my boy, you won. the birds, how beautifully they sing in the pit.<br />
<br />
it is indeed clean. ing vs moogle was one of the best tennis matches i have watched, so you sir, get one of the hardest awards on the site For 10 For 5! The most well behaved giant tentacle dark ballsack to ever live. For service. Ribbit! Something about Tennis. For Best Overall Character in Rabbit's Character Study Contest.

I had no idea you could break the pillars in Eagle's Tower on my first time through. Figuring it out was a pretty huge "duh!" moment for me.

Well I finished Link to the Past just now.

I had some unfortunate luck when I was playing it earlier this week (the controller breaking on me during mid-game, accidentally saving over a file that I already got much further into), but that didn't stop me from really enjoying it. Awesome soundtrack, awesome gameplay, awesome everything.

Although it's hard for me to say whether or not LTTP is my new favorite Zelda game, because I still love everything about Link's Awakening, as well.

Wads of dosh For staying warn free for 9 years What's this thing made out of? Lucario For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards Favorite Staff Member 2016 For collecting all the silver cards Completed Bronze set. Suggested quote to card #27 RIP DaftPunkYoshi and DaftPunkYoshiAlt.  That old The YouTube sure is boring. Meeting tabull Chewbot gives congrats for having 40 5-star ratings on your videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Doing enough shops in your time to be able to tell by the pixels Well, my gosh. What can I say except: you're going to Hyrule, and this is the final answer heard all around the world, he's won a million chewbucks! For having a blog entry featured: Stock-Aitken-Waterman/PWL Picks #1 User with Coolest Avatars 2014, User with Coolest Avatars 2015, User with Coolest Avatars 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Funniest Signatures, Best Musician 2015 March 2012 - Overall, Regular, Classic / April 2015 - Overall, Regular, Classic, YTPMV March 2012 - "Syncro-Voxing The Glory Days Of Retro Uniqueness" (Brain rape/Rape-core) / May 2015 - "The King Goes Senile" (Overall, Classic) Tennis Staff Member (June 2009 - August 2011) You won 20 medals. Congrats! 25 videos in the Poop Showroom. Awards contribution (Top 10 and WMM medals). MMMMMM...richer! Joined Vanilla on February of '08. YouChew 1984, Static TVs, Banjo-Kazooie Sign, and many others. For service. Dinero Remained 'strike-free' for at least 3 years. April Fools' Trivia. For posting at the end of the Gen Chat thread! For posting 5 of your own YTP's in the Showroom. Participated in 10 successful collabs. Participated in the WMM Tourney. Participated in the Poop Tennis Season. Winner of a organized Tennis Tournament (WMM Tourney). Completed 10 Poop Tennis matches. Completed 5 Poop Tennis matches. Strike free for a whole year. Organizing the WMM Tourney with Strong414Bad. Winner of the Windows Movie Maker Tennis Tourney.

Wind Waker came in the mail today! Just got pass the Forsaken Fortress.

MLXhr.jpg

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years You outstanding achievement in achievement!

You'll love the return trip. Being able to take out the guards head-on feels so fucking good.