SashicX

The Legend Of Zelda Thread

3,379 posts in this topic

Majora's Mask is one of my favorites too, but it's because of the story and characters. If you play it as a straight Zelda game and ignore the sidequests, it's kind of bare bones with its mere 4 dungeons.

Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Friendliest User 2015, Smartest User 2015
User with Funniest Avatars 2016
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Member with Funniest Posts 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Smartest User 2017
Member with Funniest Posts 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2016
2013 For the categories of Spirit of YouChew and Funniest Posts.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

I like Majora's Mask too, it's one of my favorite LOZ games that I played (along with Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, and Awakening). I agree that there isn't a whole lot of dungeons in the game but the sidequests, story, and characters were neat.

2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Congratulations! For placing sixth in Mushrooms' Sonic CD competition. You've won a total of 85,000 Chewbucks! Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Ranked among December 2011's Top 10 list in the Sentence Mix-Core category. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 8 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 61 days before it was shut down

You guys know the room in Richard's villa where you have to throw a pot at the door? Yeah. That stumped me for days and I felt so fucking dumb when I had to look up a guide.

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Coming in 3rd in the Super Smash Smackdown! for Youchew&3DS Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years

I like Majora's Mask quite a lot. I'm not sure if I'd call it my favorite Zelda or not, but I always found the sidequests to be some of the more entertaining parts of the game. It's probably the Zelda game I've come the closest to properly completing, if nothing else.

Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For staying strike free for 5 years. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Posting after Dopply

The only one I've completed to 100% is a Link to the Past, which I did very recently. It's among my favorites just for how fast-paced it is. I think the biggest problem among the 3D Zeldas is that they're really slow games for no reason at all. Wind Waker and Majora's Mask at least make up for it with a great atmosphere.

Fuck the light tear quests in Twilight Princess, by the way. I can say without a doubt that those segments are worse than the Triforce quest in WW.

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Coming in 3rd in the Super Smash Smackdown! for Youchew&3DS Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years

I need to go back and try Twilight Princess again just to see if I still like it as much as I did when I last played it a few years back.

I definitely don't recall the Tears being as annoying as the Triforce pieces in Wind Waker, though. Maybe it's just because I played WW more recently and it's just still stuck in my mind, but that part is so tedious it's ridiculous. I really don't like to look things up if I can help it, but I'm just not patient enough to gather the Dragon Balls in that game without looking up the stuff I need to do.

Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For staying strike free for 5 years. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Posting after Dopply

What kills it is that you have to do it three fucking times, each one longer than the last, and you're stuck in the gimped wolf form. By the third one, human Link has the bow, bombs, new sword moves and a whole bunch of other stuff. All wolf Link can do is sniff and dig.

You guys know the room in Richard's villa where you have to throw a pot at the door? Yeah. That stumped me for days and I felt so fucking dumb when I had to look up a guide.

Aren't there several rooms in bottle grotto with that solution, though? Maybe my memory's getting fuzzy.

Wads of dosh For staying warn free for 9 years For your immense generosity. Thanks for helping out with the new server Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For having your blog entry featured. 2013, Smartest User 2014, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Smartest User 2015 2013, User with Coolest Avatars 2014, Favorite Staff Member 2014 2013
User with Coolest Signatures - 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years February 2012 - "I'D SAY HE'S HOT ON OUR TAIL" (Overall, Classic) Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 15 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 243 days before it was shut down

Aren't there several rooms in bottle grotto with that solution, though? Maybe my memory's getting fuzzy.

I don't think so. I know it shows up in other dungeons, but Richard's villa is the first place you encounter it.

What kills it is that you have to do it three fucking times, each one longer than the last, and you're stuck in the gimped wolf form. By the third one, human Link has the bow, bombs, new sword moves and a whole bunch of other stuff. All wolf Link can do is sniff and dig.

Really? I guess I might be alone here but I really didn't mind those parts. Probably because I enjoyed playing as the wolf for his speed. I'd say Link never totally outclasses the wolf, because you can use Midna's death circle thingy which kills those shadow beasts instantly, and you don't really need to bother with regular enemies, just run past them. And the tears are not hard to find by any means, they're all on your mini map. I found myself switching to wolf form all the time once you unlock it in the regular world.

Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Friendliest User 2015, Smartest User 2015
User with Funniest Avatars 2016
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Member with Funniest Posts 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Smartest User 2017
Member with Funniest Posts 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2016
2013 For the categories of Spirit of YouChew and Funniest Posts.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

I've only 100% completed Link's Awakening :lol:

Otherwise I have LoZ, AoL, and LA on my 3DS now...shame I can't have Four Swords Adventure anniversary edition again though, but I did beat all of those as well...

It's a little itchy. For staying warn free for 9 years For completing Link's Awakening during the community challenge. For getting 20 awards For collecting all the silver cards For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For collecting all the bronze cards For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years August 2012 - "Chick-Fil-A-Ghey_Spaghetti" (Classic) August 2012 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 73 days before it was shut down From scrubbing all the floors in Hyrule to pinching Wendy's pennies and much more, this medal commemorating poop uploading is hereby awarded to you! Ten matches! Five matches! For meeting up with Yenehckcid! Thanks for being Strike-Free! Congrats

Just started a new file on The Minish Cup. So far I'm enjoying it a lot. I already made my way through Minish Woods already and I found Ezlo. I like how Ezlo can act sarcastic and humorous sometimes.

2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Congratulations! For placing sixth in Mushrooms' Sonic CD competition. You've won a total of 85,000 Chewbucks! Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Ranked among December 2011's Top 10 list in the Sentence Mix-Core category. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 8 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 61 days before it was shut down

Minish Cap is a very run-of-the-mill Zelda game.

Nothing particularly wrong with that; the Zelda pedigree is a great thing to have backing you. And an average Zelda game is still a great game.

That being said, there's really nothing that sets Minish Cap that far apart. Yeah it's a handheld so it does get some slack, but I think the Oracle games still hold the standard for the best handhelds.

Honestly, now that the 3DS has the horsepower to run a fully 3D game, I'd love to see Nintendo actually go all-out on a handheld Zelda instead of half-ass it like they did with the DS games.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting 20 awards Wads of dosh It's like giving heals to each of your five idiot teammates. Except you never play healer. I do. It's definitely not Hancock loooool For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. User with Funniest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For getting in the Super Silver donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

I love the Oracle games dearly, but sometimes they have parts that are really frustrating to have to do. Say what you will about Awakening's overworld, but it's nothing compared to the irritating Goron dancing. Hell, at least the Subrosia dancing is optional.

I love Ages and hate it at the same time. That's probably because I didn't lose my copy of it.

Lucario For clearing Sonic 3 & Knuckles during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For writing 12976 words worth in blog entries. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For his premier article "A Brief History of Minecraft: From the Creative Mode to Ender Dragons" For being on the Vanilla forums for 90 days before it was shut down

Awakening's overworld is more focused. There aren't pointless mandatory minigames, or expanses of filler zones. It's a meat-and-potatoes adventure-world, but loaded with extra desserts with all the secret nooks, caves, and crannies waiting to be discovered.

Though the mine-cart minigame in the oracles games were really fun.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 6 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 67 days before it was shut down http://youchew.net/forum/index.php?/topic/20616-the-comparative-history-of-the-svirean-people/ For posting at the end of the Gen Chat thread! For doing something awesome, I dunno. THANKS FOR THE HELP, BROTHER Thanks for participating. Awarded to you as a member of the team Windows Movie Maker Miscreants for emerging victorious in the tennis season! Congratulations on the result of your teamwork, skill and endurance! For taking part. Tennis Fuck Choice award. you did it my boy, you won. the birds, how beautifully they sing in the pit.<br />
<br />
it is indeed clean. ing vs moogle was one of the best tennis matches i have watched, so you sir, get one of the hardest awards on the site For 10 For 5! The most well behaved giant tentacle dark ballsack to ever live. For service. Ribbit! Something about Tennis. For Best Overall Character in Rabbit's Character Study Contest.

Yeah, the Oracle games' overworlds I could hardly stand. They're gimmicky as all hell, especially when it comes to the animal friends, and it's way too easy to get stuck and lost. The dungeons are great in both, though. Link's Awakening's overworld just feels, y'know, complete. When you see something you can't get to, you know it's because you can't get to it yet. With the Oracle games, you're constantly wondering if you need to change seasons/timelines, or if you have the wrong animal (Can you even change the animal you get?). It's really irritating.

Wads of dosh For staying warn free for 9 years For your immense generosity. Thanks for helping out with the new server Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For having your blog entry featured. 2013, Smartest User 2014, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Smartest User 2015 2013, User with Coolest Avatars 2014, Favorite Staff Member 2014 2013
User with Coolest Signatures - 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years February 2012 - "I'D SAY HE'S HOT ON OUR TAIL" (Overall, Classic) Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 15 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 243 days before it was shut down

I still think that the Oracle games are generally superior overall due to the fact that they're really loaded with content too (nearly every sidequest, pretty much, though I never beat Ages' Hero's Cave), but yeah, LA generally has quicker in-between portions before and after dungeons. The only time I can think of there being any long bits in between are the Rooster quest and the Trading quest (which most likely was happening in the first place).

Seasons was more focused, too, though not to the same degree. The only pointless minigame that I can think of in Seasons were the Hyrule Castle Courtyard quests, and even then those only happened twice early on (Rosa and the Feather Thieves).

Ages is probably the worst offender though. The bit between Crown Dungeon and Mermaid's Cave is absolute hell and I can't stand having to do it every time, even if the minigames are fun (except dancing).

And no, you can't change the animal you get. However, you shouldn't need animals anywhere other than areas that are specifically designed and change to adapt to whatever animal you choose. I had the official guide - each special animal area was just that, and everything else was up to items.

Lucario For clearing Sonic 3 & Knuckles during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For writing 12976 words worth in blog entries. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For his premier article "A Brief History of Minecraft: From the Creative Mode to Ender Dragons" For being on the Vanilla forums for 90 days before it was shut down

To be honest, I haven't played the Oracle games since they came out and I'm just going by memory, so I could totally be talking out of my ass lol

For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting 20 awards Wads of dosh It's like giving heals to each of your five idiot teammates. Except you never play healer. I do. It's definitely not Hancock loooool For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. User with Funniest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For getting in the Super Silver donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

I didn't mind the whole age changing/seasons changing thing in the Oracle games, but Seasons certainly wasn't that challenging...It took me 4 days to get through it.

The Hero's Cave challenge was pretty neat though.

And poor Ganon was just a mindless raging nut.

EDIT: The boss music was a little more decent in those games too. The Boss music of Link's Awakening was demoted to the mini-boss music even!

this one's still one of my favorites from Ages even if it is simple and short :lol:

Edited by MAZZ0Murder
It's a little itchy. For staying warn free for 9 years For completing Link's Awakening during the community challenge. For getting 20 awards For collecting all the silver cards For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For collecting all the bronze cards For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years August 2012 - "Chick-Fil-A-Ghey_Spaghetti" (Classic) August 2012 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 73 days before it was shut down From scrubbing all the floors in Hyrule to pinching Wendy's pennies and much more, this medal commemorating poop uploading is hereby awarded to you! Ten matches! Five matches! For meeting up with Yenehckcid! Thanks for being Strike-Free! Congrats

The Oracle games are the only major Zelda game(s) I don't own or have ever played. I'm considering getting one of them soon. Are the games drastically different (I know one has a time changing system and one has a season changing system)? If so, which one should I get?

For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years For outstanding achievement in achievement! Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 6 videos