Nelson340

Pokemon Thread: Here comes the sun! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

13,113 replies to this topic

Maestro Snail

Can you even see Joltik on the same picture as Wailord with that thing?

For staying warn free for 9 years Mmmmmm For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Wads of dosh For collecting 20 awards. For sharing the love with delicious, inedible candy! For receiving candy hearts from strangers! For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with 3 hearts during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker during the community challenge. User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2016
User with Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2017 Initial concept

Designed cards #8, #11, #17, #24, #27, #30, #51, #56, #58, #69, #87

Illustrated card #98

Designed background card and awards

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For coming in 1st in the Ghostly Art Contest 2015  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! For staying strike free for 7 years. Successfully met up with Richard Nixon's long-lost daughter. Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Ratburn Van Helsing Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years

Akaru The Yoshi

Does anyone have a Spheal that I can keep? I don't feel like waiting 2 months for winter to roll around. I have quite a bit that I can give in exchange.

If my Black 1 game (unlocked national dex) is compatible with your game, I can breed a Spheal from my Walrein. I can give it some TM moves too if you'd like, but I can't guarantee any good natures or IVs. Say, do you have two functioning DSs? If so, do you think you could help me transfer a team of six mons from SoulSilver to Black 1? I only have one DS to work with. We could combine this with the Spheal trade you requested. If you're interested, send me a PM.

I don't care about natures or anything, I just want the Spheal. And I DO have 2 DS's. But, how exactly would this work?

For staying strike free for 5 years. For having a blog entry featured. For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

Maestro Snail

Thanks for replying. Hang on, I'll write you a PM, explaining the procedure.

For staying warn free for 9 years Mmmmmm For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Wads of dosh For collecting 20 awards. For sharing the love with delicious, inedible candy! For receiving candy hearts from strangers! For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with 3 hearts during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker during the community challenge. User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2016

Illustrated card #98

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For coming in 1st in the Ghostly Art Contest 2015  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! For staying strike free for 7 years. Successfully met up with Richard Nixon's long-lost daughter. Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Ratburn Van Helsing Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years

Nelson340

Can you even see Joltik on the same picture as Wailord with that thing?

If you zoom in all the way Joltik is one mere pixel.

For staying warn free for 9 years For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For finishing third place during the YouChew Mario Madness Mario Kart 8 tournament! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

dedo

argh, I botched ev training my ralts. I forgot to save when I turned it off, so I forgot what EVs she had at the time. I bred a new ralts. Wish me luck and let's hope I don't mess it up this time!

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For uploading 25 videos to the site! For the love of the rabbit... crab... scorpion girls. Thanks for being Strike-Free! OM NOM

SashicX

Fought against the 4th Gym Leader, Elesa. Her Volt Switch strategy caught me off guard a bit. But I managed to win nonetheless. Now I'm at Driftveil City (where I am still level grinding with my Pokemon team).

2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Congratulations! For placing sixth in Mushrooms' Sonic CD competition. You've won a total of 85,000 Chewbucks! Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Ranked among December 2011's Top 10 list in the Sentence Mix-Core category. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 8 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 61 days before it was shut down

SkyBlueFox

I'm at about the same place. I'm hoping to get everyone up to at least level 30 before doing anything else.

Driftveil's changed a lot in two years; I'm actually rather surprised at the direction they took it. It's very resort-esqe, with all the hotels and the fancy tile paths and everything.

Lucario For clearing Sonic 3 & Knuckles during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For writing 12976 words worth in blog entries. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For his premier article "A Brief History of Minecraft: From the Creative Mode to Ender Dragons" For being on the Vanilla forums for 90 days before it was shut down

SashicX

That's true. Driftveil has changed quite a lot in Black 2/White 2 with its hotel and Skyscraper-like buildings. The neat part about this city is that the move tutor that teaches you wide range of helpful moves.

2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Congratulations! For placing sixth in Mushrooms' Sonic CD competition. You've won a total of 85,000 Chewbucks! Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Ranked among December 2011's Top 10 list in the Sentence Mix-Core category. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 8 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 61 days before it was shut down

MAZZ0Murder

Yeah waiting for Spheal is annoying that's for sure!

Otherwise I defeated Team Plasma yesterday and...

Spoilered cuz of plot content!

I became lax with the idea about Corless being involved with Team Plasma so when he turned out to be the BOSS, I was a tad surprised. Guess he had a bit of mad scientist in him! I didn't actually expect Ghetsis to appear in the game, but it was GOOL that he was the mastermind again, and with Ghetsis comes N in the moment Ghetsis tries making you DED. The cutscenes were GOOL, but IDK why they couldn't just do a smooth transition between them. Otherwise I was disappointed that I couldn't catch Black Kyurem but the poor thing was 11 under me so Lucario's Close Combat was overkill. It was nice to see some of Ghetsis's team unchanged, such as his Hydreigon and Sismetoad...though they barely lasted too long. The whole thing kinda ended on a whimper though...just all "Hey, you should try going to the Pokemon League! But overall the twists and things were nice...but Ghetsis got away again...BLACK & WHITE 3?!

:D

I HOPE NOT...cuz that would be draggin' it out.

So I guess I should go to the pokemon league or something!

It's a little itchy. For staying warn free for 9 years For completing Link's Awakening during the community challenge. For getting 20 awards For collecting all the silver cards For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For collecting all the bronze cards For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years August 2012 - "Chick-Fil-A-Ghey_Spaghetti" (Classic) August 2012 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 73 days before it was shut down From scrubbing all the floors in Hyrule to pinching Wendy's pennies and much more, this medal commemorating poop uploading is hereby awarded to you! Ten matches! Five matches! For meeting up with Yenehckcid! Thanks for being Strike-Free! Congrats

Maestro Snail

Ain't it sad when the first thing you do upon receiving a past generation team of yours in Black/White is take them to that guy in Nimbasa and discover all of them had crappy IVs the whole time?

Illustrated card #98

dedo

Middle of the road ivs are good enough. The only time I try to control ivs is when I need HP to be a certain type. EVs and nature are easiest to control and the most important. personally, I hate the IV system right now. you have a much better chance of getting a shiny than a pokemon with good ivs. Which reminds me. I am going to compare my pokemon's stats at level 50 to their base stats... I should be able to determine their IVs perfectly.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For uploading 25 videos to the site! For the love of the rabbit... crab... scorpion girls. Thanks for being Strike-Free! OM NOM

MAZZ0Murder

I can care less about IVs! Mostly because I don't wanna go through the huge hassle of getting the right nature AND all the right IVs...

It's a little itchy. For staying warn free for 9 years For completing Link's Awakening during the community challenge. For getting 20 awards For collecting all the silver cards For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For collecting all the bronze cards For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years August 2012 - "Chick-Fil-A-Ghey_Spaghetti" (Classic) August 2012 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 73 days before it was shut down From scrubbing all the floors in Hyrule to pinching Wendy's pennies and much more, this medal commemorating poop uploading is hereby awarded to you! Ten matches! Five matches! For meeting up with Yenehckcid! Thanks for being Strike-Free! Congrats

Kapten

And that's why I use Pokegen. Legally, of course. Takes out all of the busywork.

For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years August 2012 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Five of them videos uploaded.

SkyBlueFox

I have to say, I'm kind of... disappointed, I guess? In the writing. I mean, I wasn't expecting the story to be a masterpiece, but it just feels like a step down from BW. It's regressed back from the standard Black and White set back to... well, the standard of a typical entry.

Argue all you want about whether BW "had a story" or not, but it at least had characters that were both interesting and likable, and the ideas it introduced and addressed in its story were both interesting and well-thought-about. BW2... god, I could care less about what's going on. And that makes me sad, especially since the whole "it's a sequel to BW1!" thing was touted as one of the games' main draws.

At the very least, I think that the game succeeds in terms of content.

Lucario For clearing Sonic 3 & Knuckles during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For writing 12976 words worth in blog entries. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For his premier article "A Brief History of Minecraft: From the Creative Mode to Ender Dragons" For being on the Vanilla forums for 90 days before it was shut down

Whelt

I still don't get why anyone bothers catching and training for EV/IVs and natures. Those are only useful for competitive play, in which case you could just use Pokegen/sav. If you're playing the story, you can literally use anything and it doesn't matter at all if it has bad stats.

The galaxy is at peace Metroid: Samus Returns 100% Metroid Fusion complete Metroid Prime 2 100% Metroid: Zero Mission early Varia Suit and Screw Attack Metroid: Zero Mission under 2 hours Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Friendliest User 2015, Smartest User 2015
User with Funniest Avatars 2016
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Member with Funniest Posts 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Smartest User 2017
Member with Funniest Posts 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2016
2013 For the categories of Spirit of YouChew and Funniest Posts.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

SkyBlueFox

They tend to be important ingame if you're doing stuff like the Battle Subway. Perhaps this is just my own folly but I'd never won at the Tower/Subway until I started using an EV trained team.

The only exception to that is my challenges at the Hall, but the Battle Hall is actually fairly easy to go through, as unless you're trying to build up a huge win streak (like, in the hundreds or so) Argenta's the only real challenge.

Nelson340

Personally I don't care about EVs that much but I would like to get those berries that reduce useless stats.

For staying warn free for 9 years For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For finishing third place during the YouChew Mario Madness Mario Kart 8 tournament! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

dedo

I still don't get why anyone bothers catching and training for EV/IVs and natures. Those are only useful for competitive play, in which case you could just use Pokegen/sav. If you're playing the story, you can literally use anything and it doesn't matter at all if it has bad stats.

I do it because it's more satisfying. I don't enjoy battling unless it's with a team I've worked for. Sometimes I do sav, though. I guess I do it legit when I have the initiative.

TrueTubePoops

Welp, I started up Crystal yesterday only to find that the copy I bought off eBay that said it had "WORKING SAVES!" had a dead battery.

Guess I'll just play Heartgold instead.

For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years For outstanding achievement in achievement! Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 6 videos

Miles

I just remembered that I caught a Smeargle in Heartgold, so I dont need to wait for ages for a swarm in Black to get them. I'm not sure on one thing though: I want mine to learn Wish, so would it be possible to put him out in a double battle and have him sketch my Xatu using Wish, or will sketch only work on an opponent?

For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Thanks for taking part. Thanks! For playing a damn fine game of poker with Rabbit.