The Pope

Channel Awesome

3,649 replies to this topic

G ☆

Todd's a good critic, but lately he's had too little to work with to center a decent review around, and as a result his writing's started to get a lot softer and more dreary. Rap Critic's still great, but I usually don't rush to click on everything he puts out just because I barely care about rap.

Guess. User with Funniest Avatars 2017 That's a lot of love! For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards DIABEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EYELASHES For getting 20 awards For staying strike free for 5 years. Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For collecting all the silver cards. For completing Twilight Princess with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario Galaxy 2 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For completing SMB2: The Lost Levels (GBC version, 'For Super Players') during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Bros during the community challenge event. E3 Bingo 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 For referring Shinybeedrill and Lord of the Cats to YouChew. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

Nozdordomu

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks Todd's gone soft. I did like his "I'm the One"/"Wild Thoughts" review, though.

For staying warn free for 9 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Best Writer 2015 Questioning the Triforce of Wisdom's prophecy. mmmmmmmmm Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For having a blog entry featured. 2013, Best Writer 2014
Best Writer 2016 
Best Writer 2017 For meeting Malk at Amoeba. For "GWoNAM Has Not Died Yet" Well done, Link. Well done Link! Are you meen? Because I sure am ha ha ha! Thanks for being strike free. Best overall character in Rabbit's Character Study contest. Good work!

Crazy Luigi

Oh, I definitely remember this bugger!

BONES BOMBS LOCK UP THE THROTTLE For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! Wads of dosh ALL THE LOOOOOVE For collecting all 4 Wonderball items. EYELASHES! For receiving candy during the Valentine's Day event!

For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 5 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For getting all the standard ornaments For completing Super Mario Land 1 & 2 during our community challenge event. For participating in ten successful collaborations You've reached 20 medals. This is now yours! Best Writer 2015 Friendliest User 2014
Friendliest User 2016
Smartest User 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
Best Writer 2017 Best Writer 2014, User with Coolest Signatures 2014, Best Writer 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Getting 2nd in the 2013 Spooky Poop Halloween contest For participating in the 2013 Spooky Poop Halloween contest For writing 15609 words worth in blog entries. For having a blog entry featured. Cake, etc. etc. Since it's inevitable, this is for the million that I got. I am a Writing Staff! :D

Also, you've done well for my niggaz writing this shit! Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo!

The Pope

That was one of those movies I saw back in theaters when I was a kid. It was...weird. Even back then it felt like two totally different movies haphazardly sewn together.

Now that I know who Christopher Walken and Michael Sheen are though, watching that review was super surreal.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting 20 awards Wads of dosh It's like giving heals to each of your five idiot teammates. Except you never play healer. I do. It's definitely not Hancock loooool For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. User with Funniest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For getting in the Super Silver donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

Deaniac

Ironic how the trailers only showed the kangaroo talking and rapping and yet apparently it only makes up a few minutes of the movie??

One thing's for sure, that movie had some butt ugly CG effects.

For staying warn free for 9 years For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting in the Bronze donation group For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Best Artist 2014, Best Artist 2015
Best Artist 2016 For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 55 days before it was shut down For winning this year's Ford Trivia Event. Hooray!

Crazy Luigi

Well, it looks like ToddInTheShadows is finally looking at the new Taylor Swift song that stopped Despasito from taking over One Sweet Day by Mariah Carey & Boyz II Men as the biggest hit song out there (instead tying that record).

Judging by the introduction alone, it looks to be a good one.

BONES BOMBS LOCK UP THE THROTTLE For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! Wads of dosh ALL THE LOOOOOVE For collecting all 4 Wonderball items. EYELASHES! For receiving candy during the Valentine's Day event!

For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 5 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For getting all the standard ornaments For completing Super Mario Land 1 & 2 during our community challenge event. For participating in ten successful collaborations You've reached 20 medals. This is now yours! Best Writer 2015 Friendliest User 2014
Friendliest User 2016
Smartest User 2016
Best Writer 2017 Best Writer 2014, User with Coolest Signatures 2014, Best Writer 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Getting 2nd in the 2013 Spooky Poop Halloween contest For participating in the 2013 Spooky Poop Halloween contest For writing 15609 words worth in blog entries. For having a blog entry featured. Cake, etc. etc. Since it's inevitable, this is for the million that I got. I am a Writing Staff! :D

Also, you've done well for my niggaz writing this shit! Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo!

2112pk

the more i think about it the more BAFFLING it is to me, the gulf of quality between Taylor Swift songs.

like, she has some really good ones, Style is fucking amazing, blank space was good. then she comes out with some horse-garbage like bad blood, or what ever the shit this is.

does she not write her own stuff? or co-write? or you know, LISTEN BACK TO IT?

how the fuck do you flip-flop that dramatically?

For staying warn free for 9 years For meeting Toony! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

TheOneManBoxOffice

I'll say this about Kangaroo Jack: To me, it was a lot more entertaining than Snow Dogs.

Pleeeease, your omnipotence... have mercy! For Grounder's sake HE MENTIONED IT! User with Coolest Signatures 2017

User with Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2017 Best Writer 2017 That's how I beat Shaq! ... Wait EYELASHES! For receiving candy during the Valentine's Day event! Lucario For completing The Legend of Zelda during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For getting 20 awards For collecting all the gold cards For completing the original Legend of Zelda during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event For staying strike free for 3 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Testing the IPS 4.0 Update Hey, g-give me a boost Mario. Best Writer 2015
Best Writer 2016 You want it? MMMMMM...it's yours, my friend! Bringing on joestrange8 Share a Coke with YouChew For writing 10330 words worth in blog entries. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 6 videos

MAZZ0Murder

I've been watching a lot of Linkara's videos lately. Before now it was just to see his take on the Power Rangers series, but hadn't bothered with anything else. At least now I know a lot of comic stories, but I certainly like all the issues he points out with them :P It's been addicting lately!

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years It's a little itchy. For staying warn free for 9 years For completing Link's Awakening during the community challenge. For getting 20 awards For collecting all the silver cards For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For collecting all the bronze cards For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years August 2012 - "Chick-Fil-A-Ghey_Spaghetti" (Classic) August 2012 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 73 days before it was shut down From scrubbing all the floors in Hyrule to pinching Wendy's pennies and much more, this medal commemorating poop uploading is hereby awarded to you! Ten matches! Five matches! For meeting up with Yenehckcid! Thanks for being Strike-Free! Congrats

TheOneManBoxOffice

Pleeeease, your omnipotence... have mercy! For Grounder's sake HE MENTIONED IT! User with Coolest Signatures 2017

User with Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2017 Best Writer 2017 That's how I beat Shaq! ... Wait EYELASHES! For receiving candy during the Valentine's Day event! Lucario For completing The Legend of Zelda during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For getting 20 awards For collecting all the gold cards For completing the original Legend of Zelda during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event For staying strike free for 3 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Testing the IPS 4.0 Update Hey, g-give me a boost Mario. Best Writer 2015
Best Writer 2016 You want it? MMMMMM...it's yours, my friend! Bringing on joestrange8 Share a Coke with YouChew For writing 10330 words worth in blog entries. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 6 videos

Crazy Luigi

Fuck, can't believe I forgot to post this earlier!

Spoiler

Kind of figured this was going to be the third 6/5 review he's got now.

Friendliest User 2016
Smartest User 2016

TugCoat
1 hour ago, Crazy Luigi said:

Fuck, can't believe I forgot to post this earlier!

timestamp

Metroid Fusion 100% For staying strike free for 3 years. I actually decided based on upvotes. That's a lot of love! WE'VE GOT TROUBLE Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Thanks for the donation Testing the IPS 4.0 Update User with Coolest Avatars 2015 Best Newcomer 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year When you're chased by... For participating in the 2014 Spooky Poop Contest! For taking third place in the 2014 Spooky Poop Contest. Congratulations! October 2014 - Sentence mix-core, Classic Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

The Pope

Brad's making a new movie: Disco

Coming this year from Stoned Gremlin Productions and Walkaway Entertainment, it's the new film written and directed by Brad Jones.  Disco is a comedy/drama set during one night in the late 1970s.  Emily, Crystal, and Lana are three estranged sisters who go out to a local discotheque as a way to rebond after years separation.  Their night out is also consumed by Lana's drug dealing boyfriend Vince, Crystal's agoraphobia due to her recent divorce, and Emily's dwindling marriage to the boring Travis.  It's a night of drinking, dancing and more drinking in DISCO. 

Disco stars Sarah Gobble as Emily, introducing Laura Luke as Lana, Bianca Benjamin (Midnight Heat, Game Boys) makes her return to acting as Crystal.  The movie also features Brad Jones as Vince, Lewis Lovhaug as Travis, Doug Walker as Rudy a would be ladies man, Fard Muhammad as the DJ Bobby, plus Allison Pregler, Buford Stowers, Brian Lewis, David Gobble and more! 

The film is coming EXCLUSIVELY to Patreon.  Patrons at the $20 level or above are the ONLY people who can see Disco.  The film will never be made free to the public, it can ONLY be seen on our Patreon Page.   

Disco begins shooting this weekend, the 24th of September, with a release date in either November or December.  Stay tuned for trailers, behind the scenes photos and more.

I dunno how to feel about the movie being Patrons-only. I get if he doesn't want to release it for free, but I have to imagine he'd at least do a Jesus Bro! deal where it's available for rent/purchase.

Also how did I know as soon as I saw "drug dealing boyfriend Vince" that he'd be played by Brad lol

For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting 20 awards Wads of dosh It's like giving heals to each of your five idiot teammates. Except you never play healer. I do. It's definitely not Hancock loooool For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. User with Funniest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For getting in the Super Silver donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

TheOneManBoxOffice
20 hours ago, The Pope said:

I dunno how to feel about the movie being Patrons-only. I get if he doesn't want to release it for free, but I have to imagine he'd at least do a Jesus Bro! deal where it's available for rent/purchase.

He might do that in the future, I hope. Otherwise, not that I don't respect his decision, but I feel that it's a bit of a dick move towards fans of his that don't normally use Patreon, if at all.

On 9/19/2017 at 3:23 PM, Deaniac said:

Doug looks at A Goofy Movie during the editorial week.

A funny coincidence, this movie's been on my mind lately (especially the incredible Tevin Campbell soundtrack) and it still amazes that this movie is better than it has any right to be.

I would argue that it's also one of the better father/son stories put on film, which is rather surprising.

YTPNerdette

Regards of the small amount of the core of Channel Awesome that still does stuff, it's not the core but I could post Rocked stuff more often because whatnot.

For participating in Chew or Treat 2017 IMPA Oh my goodness Submitting 25 videos to the Video System BUBBLE GUM AND TAFFY For collecting all of the candy hearts! I'm glad I caught your status update, cheers! For staying strike free for 1 year. It's got YOU written all over it! For collecting all the silver cards Best Newcomer 2016
Best Newcomer 2017 For collecting all the bronze cards Top 10 Videos of Mar 2016 (Sentence mix-core) Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

The Pope

Lindsay's most recent episode of The Whole Plate, a 12-part study of film theory through the lens of Michael Bay's Transformers, was about Megan Fox's character, and how she's written as a strong independent woman but framed as a sex object causing mental dissonance and for most people thinking in hindsight that she was just a ditz when in actuality she was probably the most fully fleshed out character of the first movie.

I won't share it yet since it's currently Patrons-only and I respect her decision, but man is it fascinating stuff. I'm honestly hard-pressed on who I like more, Brad or Lindsay; either way, they're definitely the two MVPs to have come out of CA and some of my favorite internet personalities at the moment.

YTPNerdette

This is why I don't like Patreon much. Yeah you donate money to your favourite Youtube users to see more content than they normally put out on Youtube but what if some people don't have Paypal account and are not yet into wanting to have one, like me? And if that premium content is majestic enough to overshadow what other things any big Youtube user with a Patreon account has ever done, like, that movie from The Cinema Snob Brad Jones?

And oh I'm not whining, I consider to get a Paypal once I'm grown ass enough to include my current house's (or other living place's in the future) address. It's not like Paypal delivers stuff to your house with that money you donate but isn't it just the mailman who gets the product forwarded to and does?

For participating in Chew or Treat 2017 IMPA Oh my goodness Submitting 25 videos to the Video System BUBBLE GUM AND TAFFY For collecting all of the candy hearts! I'm glad I caught your status update, cheers! For staying strike free for 1 year. It's got YOU written all over it! For collecting all the silver cards Best Newcomer 2016
Best Newcomer 2017 For collecting all the bronze cards Top 10 Videos of Mar 2016 (Sentence mix-core) Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

TheOneManBoxOffice

The Cinema Snob looks at a movie about horses.