The Pope

Channel Awesome

3,955 replies to this topic

MrDrunkenFox

That clip is hilarious, but isn't Alpha Jay another one of those cartoon ranters getting mad about children's cartoons, like MrEnter?

For staying warn free for 9 years For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards Chewbot gives congrats for having 80 5-star ratings on your videos November 2014 - Overall, Regular Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years ROBOT BUNNY BOOBS Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 52 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos December 2011 - "Rick Perry's Confession" (Overall, Sentence mix-core) For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. For being on the Vanilla forums for 281 days before it was shut down pee e

DatRandomGuyTho

new todd

For staying strike free for 3 years. For introducing Skizzle to the forums! For collecting all the bronze cards For hosting five successful collabs! No money no problems. Submitting 25 videos to the Video System For staying strike free for 1 year. Lucario That's Mama Luigi to you, Mario! Participated in the 2015 YouTube Poop Secret Santa Spooky Poop 2015

For participating in the 2016 Spooky Poop Contest Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

appdirect

What's gonna be of this thread now that there are only 3 people on the site?

For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For getting all the standard ornaments For staying warn free for 9 years Wads of dosh For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 20 awards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For staying strike free for 7 years. User with Funniest Signatures 2015 app has become Little "mmm" Richard For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Member with Funniest Posts 2014, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Member with Funniest Posts 2015, Member with Funniest Posts 2016, Member with Funniest Posts 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013 Remained strike-free for 3 years.

Biodegradable
2 hours ago, MrDrunkenFox said:

That clip is hilarious, but isn't Alpha Jay another one of those cartoon ranters getting mad about children's cartoons, like MrEnter?

I have no idea who Alpha Jay even is, mate. I just saw this on my Twitter feed cos HerrVarden retweeted it and knew I had to share it here.

Thanks for participating in the Faces of Evil / Wand of Gamelon dub! For your interviews for the YouChew zine! Last chance. GO!! For reaching this poop milestone. Having 40 5-star ratings on your videos YOU'RE YELLOW BWAAAH! GO and KILL! Submitting 100 videos to the Video System User with Coolest Avatars 2017
Friendliest User 2017
Smartest User 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Best Improving Artist 2018
Most Helpful Member 2018
Smartest User 2018
Best Writer 2018
Spirit of YouChew Award 2018
Friendliest User 2018
Most Likely to Rule the World 2018
Best Image Editor 2018 For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For receiving a candy heart during the Valentine's Day event! For getting 20 awards For meeting LaVie CestLol and ravinrabbid123 For participating in the Youtube Poop Secret Santa event of 2016 For taking 1st Place in the 2016 Spooky Poop Contest! Congrats! For participating in the 2016 Spooky Poop Contest I can do it, I can do it 10 times. For staying strike free for 1 year. For The Angry Grandpa Collab. For being a part of the Recommended YouTube Poops of May 2016.

and August 2017

and December 2017

and May 2018 FIVE! FIVE TENNIS MATCHES! HA HA HA HA!! Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Hey, gimme a boost, Mario. For collecting all the silver cards Best Tenniser 2016
User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2016
Friendliest User 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
Best Image Editor 2017
User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2017
Best YouTube Pooper 2017 Best Newcomer 2016
Best Writer 2016
Best Tenniser 2017
Best Writer 2017
User with Coolest Signatures 2017
Spirit of YouChew 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2018
Best YouTube Pooper 2018
Best Tenniser 2018 For collecting all the bronze cards Top 10 Videos of Dec 2015 (Regular)
Top 10 Videos of June 2017 (Regular) Top 10 Videos of Dec 2015 / Top 10 Videos of Jan 2016 / Top 10 Videos of Mar 2016 / Top 10 Videos of Mar 2017 / Top 10 Videos of June 2017 Congratulations on your first ever Writing Staff article, my friend! :) Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

Doom
2 hours ago, appdirect said:

What's gonna be of this thread now that there are only 3 people on the site?

This thread was being used to share videos by ex-CA-contributors long before this scandal saw the light of day. I see no reason why that should change.

For getting 20 awards BWAAAH! For completing 10 matches. For staying strike free for 5 years. Lucario Best Musician 2016
Best Musician 2017
Best Musician 2018 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For having a blog featured Participated in the 2015 YouTube Poop Secret Santa Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Whoa! You completed five. Here you go! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years August 2014 - Brain rape/Rape-core Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 For participating in the 2013 Spooky Poop Halloween contest November 2012 - "Pay up." (Overall, Brain rape/Rape-core) Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 20 videos

Cornflakes

For getting 90 5-star ratings Brush in the morning and Brush in the morning and Brush in the morning and Brush in the morning and Brush in the morning and Brush in the morning and Brush in the morning and Brush in the morning and Brush in the morning and Brush in the morning and Brush in the morning and Brush in the morning and Brush in the morning and Brush in the morning and Brush in the morning and Brush in the morning and Brush in the morning and Brush in the morning and Brush in the morning and brush in the morning For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards PIZZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA For being part of the six-way tie for 2nd Place in the 2017 Ghostly Art Contest! For participating in the 2017 Ghostly Art Contest! For staying strike free for 5 years. For collecting all the silver cards Eyelashes! Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For spending all your Chewbucks on children's card games For collecting all the bronze cards For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For getting all the standard ornaments For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards Phil Collins. Oh and I like to request the Robo-Racquet award for completing 5 multi-way tennis way matches. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 100 videos Thanks for the donation! Have the fun! Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Completed Matches: 10 It's yours, my friend Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 For participating in the 2013 Spooky Poop Halloween contest Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos For participating in 10 successful collabs. For 5 completed matches. August 2012 - "FRED FUCKSTONE IS AT IT AGAIN!!" (Brain rape/Rape-core) August 2012 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Doom

Okay

For getting 20 awards BWAAAH! For completing 10 matches. For staying strike free for 5 years. Lucario Best Musician 2016
Best Musician 2017
Best Musician 2018 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For having a blog featured Participated in the 2015 YouTube Poop Secret Santa Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Whoa! You completed five. Here you go! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years August 2014 - Brain rape/Rape-core Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 For participating in the 2013 Spooky Poop Halloween contest November 2012 - "Pay up." (Overall, Brain rape/Rape-core) Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 20 videos

trepmaws

One could also say the idea made more sense when a regularly-posted reviewer in here technically no longer being with CA was the exception rather than the overwhelming majority.

I'm still not exactly gonna raise porches and titchforks if I see a Todd video in here, though I guess there could be another thread that's a catch-all for various reviewers (an Internet Reviewer Omnibus, if you will), after which this thread could focus on Doug and whoever the hell else stays with him. That or a redefinition of what this thread is for.

Thanks for your contribution(s) to the YouChew zine! Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying warn free for 9 years Posted Nep Nep hentai For staying strike free for 7 years. For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Meeting MycroProcessor Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years ROBOT BUNNY BOOBS Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Here's to another 4 years before anyone else gets it hooray!

Crazy Luigi
2 hours ago, trepmaws said:

One could also say the idea made more sense when a regularly-posted reviewer in here technically no longer being with CA was the exception rather than the overwhelming majority.

I'm still not exactly gonna raise porches and titchforks if I see a Todd video in here, though I guess there could be another thread that's a catch-all for various reviewers (an Internet Reviewer Omnibus, if you will), after which this thread could focus on Doug and whoever the hell else stays with him. That or a redefinition of what this thread is for.

Now that you mention it, having a general Internet Reviewer Omnibus thread of sorts here would make sense these days. I mean, most of them are more independent than anything else anyways, and it's not like we know of that many businesses revolving around Internet review shows in the first place. Also helps remove any potential stigma for posting collaboration videos involving someone one person might not like anyways.

On a completely unrelated note, the description now feels a whole lot more accurate these days than in the past (although we could add the British person Guru Larry as well in this case). How ironic in that regard...

For your interview in the YouChew zine! For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus BONES BOMBS LOCK UP THE THROTTLE For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! Wads of dosh ALL THE LOOOOOVE For collecting all 4 Wonderball items. EYELASHES! For receiving candy during the Valentine's Day event!

For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 5 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For getting all the standard ornaments For completing Super Mario Land 1 & 2 during our community challenge event. For participating in ten successful collaborations You've reached 20 medals. This is now yours! Best Writer 2015
Best Writer 2018 Friendliest User 2014
Friendliest User 2016
Smartest User 2016
Best Writer 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2018 Best Writer 2014, User with Coolest Signatures 2014, Best Writer 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Getting 2nd in the 2013 Spooky Poop Halloween contest For participating in the 2013 Spooky Poop Halloween contest For writing 15609 words worth in blog entries. For having a blog entry featured. Cake, etc. etc. Since it's inevitable, this is for the million that I got. I am a Writing Staff! :D

Also, you've done well for my niggaz writing this shit! Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo!

The Pope

We have a video essay thread, and I figure a lot of stuff would go there.

Would we just post all these sorts of videos there? Or is something like a Rap Critic review not really a video essay?

I could always rename this thread to just "Nostalgia Critic", give Brad his own thread, all the major guys could get their own threads, and everything else goes into either Video Essays or some other omnibus.

Sidenote, Larry's twitter is pretty funny, I won't lie.

Thanks for participating in the Faces of Evil / Wand of Gamelon dub! For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting 20 awards Wads of dosh It's like giving heals to each of your five idiot teammates. Except you never play healer. I do. It's definitely not Hancock loooool For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. User with Funniest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For getting in the Super Silver donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

Crazy Luigi

Um, if you checked any of the Rap Critic's videos, he doesn't really get into video essay kind of territory. Granted, some of his videos are close to that, but they really just focus more on songs and their strengths and/or weaknesses than any typical video essay kind of thing I've seen. I also don't quite think someone like ToddInTheShadows fits in that mold either.

For your interview in the YouChew zine! For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus BONES BOMBS LOCK UP THE THROTTLE For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! Wads of dosh ALL THE LOOOOOVE For collecting all 4 Wonderball items. EYELASHES! For receiving candy during the Valentine's Day event!

For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 5 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For getting all the standard ornaments For completing Super Mario Land 1 & 2 during our community challenge event. For participating in ten successful collaborations You've reached 20 medals. This is now yours! Best Writer 2015
Friendliest User 2016
Smartest User 2016
Best Writer 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2018 Best Writer 2014, User with Coolest Signatures 2014, Best Writer 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Getting 2nd in the 2013 Spooky Poop Halloween contest For participating in the 2013 Spooky Poop Halloween contest For writing 15609 words worth in blog entries. For having a blog entry featured. Cake, etc. etc. Since it's inevitable, this is for the million that I got. I am a Writing Staff! :D

Also, you've done well for my niggaz writing this shit! Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo!

Biodegradable

If we absolutely must make a new thread, sure, but honestly I don't see much point. We all know these people from the collective Channel Awesome, so making a new thread just to stick them in there because Channel Awesome itself imploded seems pretty pointless to me. Fuck, just alter the thread's title a bit to Former Channel Awesome Alumni or something if you we must appease the more pedantic among us.

Thanks for participating in the Faces of Evil / Wand of Gamelon dub! For your interviews for the YouChew zine! Last chance. GO!! For reaching this poop milestone. Having 40 5-star ratings on your videos YOU'RE YELLOW BWAAAH! GO and KILL! Submitting 100 videos to the Video System User with Coolest Avatars 2017
Friendliest User 2017
Smartest User 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Most Helpful Member 2018
Smartest User 2018
Best Writer 2018
Friendliest User 2018
Best Image Editor 2018 For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For receiving a candy heart during the Valentine's Day event! For getting 20 awards For meeting LaVie CestLol and ravinrabbid123 For participating in the Youtube Poop Secret Santa event of 2016 For taking 1st Place in the 2016 Spooky Poop Contest! Congrats! For participating in the 2016 Spooky Poop Contest I can do it, I can do it 10 times. For staying strike free for 1 year. For The Angry Grandpa Collab. For being a part of the Recommended YouTube Poops of May 2016.

and August 2017

and December 2017

and May 2018 FIVE! FIVE TENNIS MATCHES! HA HA HA HA!! Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Hey, gimme a boost, Mario. For collecting all the silver cards Best Tenniser 2016
Friendliest User 2016
Best Image Editor 2017
Best Writer 2016
Best Tenniser 2017
Best Writer 2017
Spirit of YouChew 2017
Best YouTube Pooper 2018
Best Tenniser 2018 For collecting all the bronze cards Top 10 Videos of Dec 2015 (Regular)
Top 10 Videos of June 2017 (Regular) Top 10 Videos of Dec 2015 / Top 10 Videos of Jan 2016 / Top 10 Videos of Mar 2016 / Top 10 Videos of Mar 2017 / Top 10 Videos of June 2017 Congratulations on your first ever Writing Staff article, my friend! :) Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

KnorruptionSound

Or rename this to Channel Bollocks if Larry is going to be the only one

For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For getting all the standard ornaments For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting 90 5-star ratings For submitting 200 videos to the showroom For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards User with Funniest Avatars 2016 You did it! For having a blog featured You are MMMMMMMMMM...rich enough to earn this medal! Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Thanks for the donation! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Best Tenniser 2014 You're Yellow September 2013 - "9000 POUNDS KING NIGHT TALKING TO BLACKENED ARTHUR" (Brain rape/Rape-core) / April 2015 - "Goethe's mighty morphin' theory of colors" (Brain rape/Rape-core) Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards October 2012 - Overall / May 2015 - Brain rape/Rape-core / June 2015 - Regular, Classic Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years For winning the Tennis Cup 4! Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 27 videos with a 5 star rating http://youchew.net/forum/index.php?/topic/103646-the-olde-shits-of-yer-corruptionsound/

For employing the art of the written word congrats on 25 matches! Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 100 videos For participating in 10 collabs! In commemoration of sheer athleticism on the YouChew's greenest courts in the world If ya are what ya say, you are, a superstar Congrats on getting more than 25 vids in the showroom.

The Pope

This video is the most recent posted to the site (nothing else has been posted in the last three days)

and it feels less like a producer saying goodbye and more like the site saying "Farewell, Channel Awesome". It's friggin surreal.

Oh, and Doug never once appears in this video. In fact if you scroll down, you'll see that pretty much every one of these videos has Doug front and center in the thumbnail, while if he appears at all it's for no more than 30 seconds.

Thanks for participating in the Faces of Evil / Wand of Gamelon dub! For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting 20 awards Wads of dosh It's like giving heals to each of your five idiot teammates. Except you never play healer. I do. It's definitely not Hancock loooool For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. User with Funniest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For getting in the Super Silver donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

Biodegradable
1 hour ago, KnorruptionSound said:

Or rename this to Channel Bollocks if Larry is going to be the only one

Channel Yanks Can't Wank

Friendliest User 2017
Smartest User 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Most Helpful Member 2018
Smartest User 2018
Best Writer 2018
Friendliest User 2018

and August 2017

and December 2017

Friendliest User 2016
Best Image Editor 2017
Best Writer 2016
Best Tenniser 2017
Best Writer 2017
Spirit of YouChew 2017
Best YouTube Pooper 2018

2112pk

you know, i DO remember Larry being on CA back in the day, he posted stuff and he was on the "transmission awesome" CA podcast (with ashens for the first half of the show, who was also on CA back in the day) but like i always though he quietly left or wasn't "renewed" or whatever, kinda forgot he was there. you know.

Basically what i'm trying to say is.

I don't think Larry remembered he was on CA either until this started happening.

For staying warn free for 9 years For meeting Toony! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

Crazy Luigi
9 hours ago, Biodegradable said:

Channel Yanks Can't Wank

But, hello you, I'm Guru Larry, and I welcome you to Fact Hunt...

Five Channels That Went Down The Shitter

Friendliest User 2016
Smartest User 2016
Best Writer 2017

TheOneManBoxOffice

Thanks for participating in the Faces of Evil / Wand of Gamelon dub! You can haz award now For being a runner-up in the Draw Your Favorite YTP Character contest! For participating in Chew or Treat 2017! For staying strike free for 5 years. For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For getting all the standard ornaments Pleeeease, your omnipotence... have mercy! For Grounder's sake HE MENTIONED IT! User with Coolest Signatures 2017

User with Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2017 Best Writer 2017
User with Best Signatures 2018
Best Writer 2018 That's how I beat Shaq! ... Wait EYELASHES! For receiving candy during the Valentine's Day event! Lucario For completing The Legend of Zelda during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For getting 20 awards For collecting all the gold cards For completing the original Legend of Zelda during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event For staying strike free for 3 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Testing the IPS 4.0 Update Hey, g-give me a boost Mario. Best Writer 2015
Best Writer 2016 You want it? MMMMMM...it's yours, my friend! Bringing on joestrange8 Share a Coke with YouChew For writing 10330 words worth in blog entries. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 6 videos

The Pope

Speaking of Brad, here's him reviewing a porn parody of Sex and the City that he finds to unironically be more faithful to the show than either of the official films. Really.