The Pope

Channel Awesome

3,625 replies to this topic

The Pope

Doug's Top 11 favorite Nostalgia Critic jokes.

Also, the first trailer for Demo Reel.

It looks okay (nice to see him using actors outside of the usual Lindsey/Lewis/Noah stable), but the effects budget still looks like ass. I'm not expecting movie-quality, but going from To Boldly Flee, which at least looked adequate, to bad photoshop fire and obvious greenscreen, is kind of a step backwards.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting 20 awards Wads of dosh It's like giving heals to each of your five idiot teammates. Except you never play healer. I do. It's definitely not Hancock loooool For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. User with Funniest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For getting in the Super Silver donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

bob

Yeah, that nostalgia critic guy is funny. He shouts, he makes his own memes, me uses MS paint, he's always shouting, he constantly crosses over with people no one cares about, he uses his own jokes ad nauseum, he won't stop shouting, and he gives a detailed and informative critique of what he's...oh wait nevermind scratch that last part.

For clearing Super Mario Bros. during our community challenge event. For clearing Sonic 1 during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years User with Funniest Signatures 2014 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year For the category of Best Newcomer.

Emperor Ing

And he doesn't even send his fans Tostito's Pizza Rolls through his personal webzone. What an ass.

---

---

You want to know another thing that bugs me about Sage?

In his review of Genocyber, he once more complains and nitpicks about things that don't make sense, when said things are clearly explained in parts of the OAV in question that he didn't show.

I'll admit that i think Genocyber is needlessly violent in places, and more or less feels like a snuff film directed by David Cronenberg, but it's annoying to see Bennet the Sage of all people get high-and-mighty with us judging these old anime videos.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 6 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 67 days before it was shut down http://youchew.net/forum/index.php?/topic/20616-the-comparative-history-of-the-svirean-people/ For posting at the end of the Gen Chat thread! For doing something awesome, I dunno. THANKS FOR THE HELP, BROTHER Thanks for participating. Awarded to you as a member of the team Windows Movie Maker Miscreants for emerging victorious in the tennis season! Congratulations on the result of your teamwork, skill and endurance! For taking part. Tennis Fuck Choice award. you did it my boy, you won. the birds, how beautifully they sing in the pit.<br />
<br />
it is indeed clean. ing vs moogle was one of the best tennis matches i have watched, so you sir, get one of the hardest awards on the site For 10 For 5! The most well behaved giant tentacle dark ballsack to ever live. For service. Ribbit! Something about Tennis. For Best Overall Character in Rabbit's Character Study Contest.

bob

So yeah, in other news, Jontron and his kind have taken down normalboots.com

NB.png

Yeah, i suppose its kinda sad. But I understand why they think its no longer necessary. Its because theyre all already on fucking youtube and have NO NEED to make someone go somewhere else to watch vids theyre subscribed to or can find almost instantly.

For clearing Super Mario Bros. during our community challenge event. For clearing Sonic 1 during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years User with Funniest Signatures 2014 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year For the category of Best Newcomer.

Nozdordomu

Hello, I'm the Nostalgia Critic. I recycle jokes yell a lot don't have a job so you don't have to. What are your requests for me today?

For staying warn free for 9 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Best Writer 2015 Questioning the Triforce of Wisdom's prophecy. mmmmmmmmm Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For having a blog entry featured. 2013, Best Writer 2014
Best Writer 2016 
Best Writer 2017 For meeting Malk at Amoeba. For "GWoNAM Has Not Died Yet" Well done, Link. Well done Link! Are you meen? Because I sure am ha ha ha! Thanks for being strike free. Best overall character in Rabbit's Character Study contest. Good work!

bob

Hello, I'm the Nostalgia Critic. I recycle jokes yell a lot don't have a job so you don't have to. What are your requests for me today?

I would usually be all over this, but fortunately it would seem you actually did the one thing I would request.

MarioMKII
  • Banned
  • Hello, I'm the Nostalgia Critic. I recycle jokes yell a lot don't have a job so you don't have to. What are your requests for me today?

Review Team Fortress 2.

Do it, wanker.

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Thanks for the donation. For having a blog featured Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

The Pope

Please, that idiot savant wouldn't know good games if I buried him in them.

If he did, he'd have put out a glowing review on MY work of art game MILLENIA ago.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting 20 awards Wads of dosh It's like giving heals to each of your five idiot teammates. Except you never play healer. I do. It's definitely not Hancock loooool For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. User with Funniest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For getting in the Super Silver donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

Crazy Luigi

Snivy vy Snivy! (How about the Sixth Sense?)

BONES BOMBS LOCK UP THE THROTTLE For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! Wads of dosh ALL THE LOOOOOVE For collecting all 4 Wonderball items. EYELASHES! For receiving candy during the Valentine's Day event!

For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 5 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For getting all the standard ornaments For completing Super Mario Land 1 & 2 during our community challenge event. For participating in ten successful collaborations You've reached 20 medals. This is now yours! Best Writer 2015 Friendliest User 2014
Friendliest User 2016
Smartest User 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
Best Writer 2017 Best Writer 2014, User with Coolest Signatures 2014, Best Writer 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Getting 2nd in the 2013 Spooky Poop Halloween contest For participating in the 2013 Spooky Poop Halloween contest For writing 15609 words worth in blog entries. For having a blog entry featured. Cake, etc. etc. Since it's inevitable, this is for the million that I got. I am a Writing Staff! :D

Also, you've done well for my niggaz writing this shit! Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo!

Liebermintz

Please play EarthBound. I know your video game-related episodes tend to lack in terms of content, but at least cover it. I'm sure it's very nostalgic to you.

Snivy vy Snivy! (How about the Sixth Sense?)

Are you just requesting that because he reviewed Signs? I liked Signs! Well, up until the part where Johnny Cash and Dakota Fanning took down the aliens with baseball bats and water. I can assure you that my kind is not that weak...

...in most cases.

For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Best Musician 2016 For staying strike free for 7 years. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For songmaking during the '11 Festival
For outstanding achievement in achievement! For taking pa-a-a-aaaaaaaart. Well done Link! You won! For news staff writings.

Beard

You should play somethin' algebraic like Portal Defenders.

Do they have that in his universe?

For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

The Pope

[ooc] First episode of Demo Reel.

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/demo-reel/37080-demo-reel-the-dark-knight-begins-rising

It's cute and amusing enough. But I still think Doug completely missed the point of a lot of TDKR. Like with the Pit being just a hole in the ground with an "easy" escape route. The point of it was to symbolize hope being just outside of reach, yet you can never actually get there. That's why Bane had Gotham hostage for 5 months; so that people would have that same false hope, only for it to be crumbled.

Not every villain has to have a concrete "take over the world" motive.

appdirect

You know, I remember Lordkat, he made these videos called Until We Win in which he tried to beat hard games, and he gave tips and stuff like that, and I thought they where pretty good, but he stopped doing them because he found the videos frustrating do, he also did these Lordkat Eats videos in which he ate weird and foreign food, I liked those too, but he stopped doing them too because they just keep sending him a bunch of sweets, he also made these Indie Game of the Week videos which were small reviews of independent video games, I enjoyed those, but I think he stopped doing them too.

Has he done anything interesting lately?

For staying warn free for 9 years Wads of dosh For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 20 awards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For staying strike free for 7 years. User with Funniest Signatures 2015 app has become Little "mmm" Richard For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Member with Funniest Posts 2014, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Member with Funniest Posts 2015, Member with Funniest Posts 2016, Member with Funniest Posts 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013 Remained strike-free for 3 years.

VGFM

Demo Reel was... ok. I'd say it was better than the average NC episode from the past year, which isn't saying much, but right now it's nowhere near Doug's peak. However, since it's the first episode I can't judge it too harshly. Also, I'm really relieved to hear that this show's only going to be every other week - I guess Doug is listening to some of his feedback, at least.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your contribution to YouChew's favorite Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog episodes. Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year