The Pope

Channel Awesome

3,559 posts in this topic

Ahahahaha

That fucking Counter-Strike AK-47 sound during the mob joke.

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Coming in 3rd in the Super Smash Smackdown! for Youchew&3DS Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years

Less then two minutes in and fucking mspaint Casper shows up.

Dear Doug,

Why?

Oh my god, why did you have to remind me of that

I had blocked that from my memory.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting 20 awards Wads of dosh It's like giving heals to each of your five idiot teammates. Except you never play healer. I do. It's definitely not Hancock loooool For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. User with Funniest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For getting in the Super Silver donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

Oh it could be worse.

He could have the mspaint Elephant. 

In the "in real life" segments.

User with Funniest Avatars 2017 That's a lot of love! For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards DIABEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EYELASHES For getting 20 awards For staying strike free for 5 years. Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For collecting all the silver cards. For completing Twilight Princess with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario Galaxy 2 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For completing SMB2: The Lost Levels (GBC version, 'For Super Players') during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Bros during the community challenge event. E3 Bingo 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 For referring Shinybeedrill and Lord of the Cats to YouChew. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

Oh my god, the fucking elephant. You just had to remind me of that thing.

It would have been okay if the elephant never spoke, but just cleared its throat. But when we first saw him in the NC videos, he just HAD to explain the fucking joke.

For staying warn free for 9 years For staying strike free for 7 years. For having a blog entry featured. For writing 13641 words worth in blog entries. 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For the category of Most Likely To Rule The World.
2013 For the category of Most Helpful Member.
2013 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 8 videos Been here since the turn of 07. For having lost not one, but two accounts. Giving myself a PRRRROMOTION For servicing us. Heh. Thanks for the donation! The forum appreciates your good behavior. For Lucky Lottery.

And then Donnie DuPre says "Hey! What's that ELEPHANT doing here??", and then the Burger King shows up with angelic choir. "What was that? That was almost as awesome as Chuck Norris! [A-CHUCK-A NORRAAASSS!!!]"

For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting 20 awards Wads of dosh It's like giving heals to each of your five idiot teammates. Except you never play healer. I do. It's definitely not Hancock loooool For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. User with Funniest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For getting in the Super Silver donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

And then Donnie DuPre says "Hey! What's that ELEPHANT doing here??", and then the Burger King shows up with angelic choir. "What was that? That was almost as awesome as Chuck Norris! [A-CHUCK-A NORRAAASSS!!!]"

Then when nothing can be explained, we see BIG LIPPED ALLIGATOR MOMENT and MS paint Casper flies into the screen with TIMING as they play a clip of frying the Coke with dubstep music played over it.

For staying warn free for 9 years For staying strike free for 7 years. For having a blog entry featured. For writing 13641 words worth in blog entries. 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For the category of Most Likely To Rule The World.
2013 For the category of Most Helpful Member.
2013 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 8 videos Been here since the turn of 07. For having lost not one, but two accounts. Giving myself a PRRRROMOTION For servicing us. Heh. Thanks for the donation! The forum appreciates your good behavior. For Lucky Lottery.

And then Carl goes "Vhat wuz dat?" and Donnie says "It was just a BIG LIPPED ALLIGATOR MOMENT!"

Edit: Whoa, Sigma beat me to it.

Giving Doug that idea in the Ferngully review is something I will never forgive Lindsay for.

User with Funniest Avatars 2017 That's a lot of love! For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards DIABEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EYELASHES For getting 20 awards For staying strike free for 5 years. Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For collecting all the silver cards. For completing Twilight Princess with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario Galaxy 2 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For completing SMB2: The Lost Levels (GBC version, 'For Super Players') during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Bros during the community challenge event. E3 Bingo 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 For referring Shinybeedrill and Lord of the Cats to YouChew. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

Cantflyman really hit the nail on the head last page. To me it seems like he feels obligated to make something like NC so followers of that keep coming to the site. Hopefully it'll evolve into something more ambitious than a longer NC with a different hat.

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Coming in 3rd in the Super Smash Smackdown! for Youchew&3DS Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years

To be honest, I like the "Big Lipped Alligator Moment" thing, it's just that he used it a lot of times it wasn't called for.

That's why I wish Lindsay kept it to herself. Although, in her. "All dogs go to heaven" review, she kinda denounces it, and that scene isn't as incoherent as she claims, as when the alligator sinks the ship, we'll be less confused by his appearance since we've already seen him earlier in the film.

So the consensus is that Demo Reel is good?

HerrVarden's Twin, BlairBarden: See, the joke is that HerrVarden over here is saying that everyone is saying that Demo Reel when in fact people are saying that it's bad. It's called sarcasm. Sarcasm is a form of irony. Irony is like a police officer being arrested because a police officer's job is to arrest those who break the law. This is also known as hypocrisy (prattles on for a minute or so)

For staying strike free for 5 years. Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For completing Super Mario Galaxy 2 to 100% completion during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during our community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos DE DE DE IS THA ONE! Best Writer 2014, User with Coolest Avatars 2014, Best Image Editor 2014, Best Image Editor 2015, Best Writer 2015 For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year 2013 2013
User with Coolest Signatures 2014
User with Coolest Signatures 2015 For your first featured article. Harrison Ford Trivia Recursion Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Like the irony behind him trying to be unfunny so he can be made out as funny using unfunny humor to make it look like he's making jokes about unfunny humor, and this ultimately results in him being unfunny in both the intentional and unintentional aspects.

And I still don't see what compelled him to put Moulin Rouge in his Worst movies, and favorite review. Maybe I should edit out all the parts that aren't "review" and see how long it is.

To be honest, I like the "Big Lipped Alligator Moment" thing, it's just that he used it a lot of times it wasn't called for.

It goes back to that old saying that we use in poop a whole bunch.. Even memes can be funny IF used in moderation, not ad nauseum.

I liked alligator moment too especially when he put different spins on it (wish i could remember one)

You know whats ironic though? Doug during his Jingle all the Way review even discussed how angry he was at the movie having ONE GOOD JOKE and how they ruined it by drawing it out and egging it on.

The running jokes I always liked were "Its not pop tarts" and "Boomer will live"

For making it on a few of the Recommended YouTube Poops articles, with the most recent one being for December 2015 & January 2016. For getting 90 5-star ratings Best Musician 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards A No. First a Janitor, now a Café Staffer! Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Best YouTube Pooper 2014
Best YouTube Pooper 2016 1st as "Most Likely to Rule the World" - 2014
Most Likely to Rule the World 2015
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 137 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 137 videos For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos March 2012 - Overall March 2012 - "IM Meen Becomes Self Aware" (Sentence mix-core) For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 7 videos Excellent job, mang. For winning the re-poop contest! Great work!

What makes me sad about him killing the Critic is that he clearly knew he'd toss it, but kept milking it for a while just so the end to his special would collaborate well enough with the end of his Scooby Doo review. In fact, he most likely knew the ending to the movie and he just made the rest of the movie just to complement it. It's almost as if the first scene he made was the one when Matthew sees the ghosts and then the "I'm the Nostalgia Critic" line.

And he might improve Demo Reel, but I'm guessing his fans will already have abandoned him by then. And he's also trying to make it look like all the money he's been whoring went to his studio so his fans could appreciate him. If that's the case, he just wants to be recognized for things other than NC. I respect that, but he needs to realize sooner or later he'll only achieve that by trying what he thinks he's good at, not what they'll like. And that was the thing about NC, I could tell he had some talent, and wasn't a terrible person in his reviews, but he always seemed to put a minimum 18 minute limit on his videos. Maybe if his videos were shorter and he trimmed off all the filler, I'd respect him, but for now, he may as well be a fucking YT partner.

have I ever told you about the time my buddy keith tried to suck face with a big lipped alligator?

For making it on a few of the Recommended YouTube Poops articles, with the most recent one being for December 2015 & January 2016. For getting 90 5-star ratings Best Musician 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards A No. First a Janitor, now a Café Staffer! Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Best YouTube Pooper 2014
Best YouTube Pooper 2016 1st as "Most Likely to Rule the World" - 2014
Most Likely to Rule the World 2015
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 137 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 137 videos For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos March 2012 - Overall March 2012 - "IM Meen Becomes Self Aware" (Sentence mix-core) For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 7 videos Excellent job, mang. For winning the re-poop contest! Great work!

Oh, it can't be THAT bad. You guys are just...

...Holy shit I withdraw everything.

...Running gags, memes and screaming. BACK TO YOUR OLD TRICKS, EH, DOUGIE?!

2013 For the category of Best Artist. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

I'm going to give Doug the benefit of the doubt for now. I didn't really find anything particularly entertaining about the premiere, but since it's the first episode I'm going to be a little more lenient on it since pilot episodes rarely ever represent the quality of the product as the series progresses. Even with Mega64's show, as big of a fan as I am of the group, their work from way back in Version 1 is completely different and hardly representative of the kind of material that they'd eventually produce in both their show and online. For now we're probably going to see episodes mostly focused on making fun of movie franchises, but the best-case scenario would be that as time goes on the show would divert focus to the character dialogue and the various things they go through to make the movies instead, which would be much more entertaining. And hopefully we'll reach a point where the characters will break out of the archetype molds that they're currently in to become more natural. At this point anything is game, really, and I'd be baffled if Doug actually kept to the exact same formula as this first episode for the entirety of the series.

I think Mega64's earlier stuff is still pretty funny, even if it is just Jackass plus video game references. Watching Rocco "BARF!" in public will always make me laugh.

I've yet to watch demo reel. To me it looks like the skit segments of NC stretched into an entire series. And the director seems to be the exact same character as the critic, but I should probably reserve judgement for now.

I mean don't get me wrong, I still like and appreciate Mega64's older work, but when it came to the episodes in Version 1 it's not like I could just blindly say that everything about their humor at the time was great, since they had yet to really develop it to the point that it's at today, and Dr. Poque and the like were still kind of fitting the bill for "evil scientist" rather than turning into "lame, unsuccessful scientist" after the Mega64 crew decided that that would be funnier. But now I'm just talking about Mega64 which doesn't really have much to do with the topic at hand so I'll move on.

Like I said before, I'm just going to hope for the best case scenario in that sometime soon the episodes will focus more on things that the characters go through during the behind-the-scenes piecing together of the films. That's really the only way up for this series, and seeing how only one episode has been released so far, I say it still has a chance to redeem itself.

For staying warn free for 9 years Wads of dosh For being part of the Recommended Poops of December 2016 For getting 90 5-star ratings Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Thanks for the donation! For completing Super Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards to kick some tail Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos User with Funniest Signatures 2014, 
Best Writer 2014
User with Funniest Signatures 2015 November 2013 - "drake bell power slide" (Overall, Classic) Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 2013
User with Funniest Avatars - 2015
Best Writer 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks YOUTUBE'S NOT ATHLETIC December 2011 - Regular, Classic Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. http://youchew.net/forum/index.php?/page/index.html/_/mediareviews/bad-teacher-review-r384 You've had that down there for quite a while now, haven't you?<br />
<br />
Spreading Lago Love

I don't know about you guys, but I think what the Rap Critic did with a Nostalgia Critic-like idea with Kendrick Lamar's "Swimming Pools (Drank)" correctly. Like, he gives out a few examples of how it could work, and then he realizes how stupid it is and moves on.

Also, Brad & Jerrid go see Wreck-It Ralph.

BONES BOMBS LOCK UP THE THROTTLE For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! Wads of dosh ALL THE LOOOOOVE For collecting all 4 Wonderball items. EYELASHES! For receiving candy during the Valentine's Day event!

For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 5 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For getting all the standard ornaments For completing Super Mario Land 1 & 2 during our community challenge event. For participating in ten successful collaborations You've reached 20 medals. This is now yours! Best Writer 2015 Friendliest User 2014
Friendliest User 2016
Smartest User 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
Best Writer 2017 Best Writer 2014, User with Coolest Signatures 2014, Best Writer 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Getting 2nd in the 2013 Spooky Poop Halloween contest For participating in the 2013 Spooky Poop Halloween contest For writing 15609 words worth in blog entries. For having a blog entry featured. Cake, etc. etc. Since it's inevitable, this is for the million that I got. I am a Writing Staff! :D

Also, you've done well for my niggaz writing this shit! Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo!

Then when nothing can be explained, we see BIG LIPPED ALLIGATOR MOMENT and MS paint Casper flies into the screen with TIMING as they play a clip of frying the Coke with dubstep music played over it.

That sounds like a TheCW4Kids parody of the Critic than an actual Critic video itself.

For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Best Musician 2016 For staying strike free for 7 years. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For songmaking during the '11 Festival
For outstanding achievement in achievement! For taking pa-a-a-aaaaaaaart. Well done Link! You won! For news staff writings.