The Pope

Channel Awesome

3,416 posts in this topic

is doug's character in demo reel a "visionary" who none of his staff like and tolerate him only becuase they have to?

that's the vibe i got from the trailer.

and golly jilickers.

he's NEVER played a character like that before.

For meeting Toony! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

Doug's typecasting himself.

Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For completing Super Mario Galaxy 2 to 100% completion during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during our community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos DE DE DE IS THA ONE! Best Writer 2014, User with Coolest Avatars 2014, Best Image Editor 2014, Best Image Editor 2015, Best Writer 2015 For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year 2013 2013
User with Coolest Signatures 2014
User with Coolest Signatures 2015 For your first featured article. Harrison Ford Trivia Recursion Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

That's the fucking joke. He thinks if he acts like he's unfunnier than he already is so his fans will interpret it as humor and making fun of…mockbusters?

However, his fans are smarter than I thought they were.

That's a lot of love!

THAT'S A LOTTA LOVE For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards DIABEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EYELASHES For getting 20 awards For staying strike free for 5 years. Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For collecting all the silver cards. For completing Twilight Princess with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario Galaxy 2 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For completing SMB2: The Lost Levels (GBC version, 'For Super Players') during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Bros during the community challenge event. E3 Bingo 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 For referring Shinybeedrill and Lord of the Cats to YouChew. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

Watching the first minute of Demo Reel and Doug already ruined the first joke.

"I see dead people. Walking around like ordinary people. They don't even know they're dead."

"Like the 700 Club?"

"No. They're ghosts."

Had to oversimplify the joke. Leaving it at the 700 Club line would've been good. The girl would've kept on, not noticing that Doug had mentioned said TV show. Also, that's a terrible Beetlejuice costume. AND FUCKING CASPER. MY FUCKING GOD. AND WHY IS THIS GUY DOING A HORRIBLE BILL COSBY IMPERSONATION. WHY. AND NO. DOUG. THAT'S NOT A GOOD JOKE. NOT ORIGINAL. YES, I GET THAT GHOSTBUSTERS CHICAGO DIVISION IS COOL AND STUFF, BUT LEAVE THEM TO BRAD JONES' WORK. PLEASE. AND SERIOUSLY. YOU CHICAGO DIVISION ARE BAD ACTORS. EXCEPT FOR THE GUY WHO ACTED IN BRAD'S MOVIE. AND A FUCKING RANDY NEWMAN JOKE. FUCK YOU, DOUG. FUCK YOU.

NO, DONNIE DUPRE. THAT WAS NOT THE SIXTH SENSE. THAT WAS NOT A BLOCKBLISTER VERSION OF THE SIXTH SENSE. THAT WAS SHIT. YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED FOR MAKING IT.

For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Best Musician 2016 For staying strike free for 7 years. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For songmaking during the '11 Festival
For outstanding achievement in achievement! For taking pa-a-a-aaaaaaaart. Well done Link! You won! For news staff writings.

Calm down, Malk...it's just a web series.

Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For completing Super Mario Galaxy 2 to 100% completion during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during our community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos DE DE DE IS THA ONE! Best Writer 2014, User with Coolest Avatars 2014, Best Image Editor 2014, Best Image Editor 2015, Best Writer 2015 For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year 2013 2013
User with Coolest Signatures 2015 For your first featured article. Harrison Ford Trivia Recursion Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Calm down, Malk...it's just a web series.

IT'S NOT JUST A WEB SERIES

IT'S THE REASON WHY DOOMSDAY IS GONNA HAPPEN

OH GOD HELP US

For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Best Musician 2016 For staying strike free for 7 years. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For songmaking during the '11 Festival
For outstanding achievement in achievement! For taking pa-a-a-aaaaaaaart. Well done Link! You won! For news staff writings.

Malk...you're scaring the children...

Well.

Uh, that was an unexpected response.

For getting 20 awards Wads of dosh It's like giving heals to each of your five idiot teammates. Except you never play healer. I do. It's definitely not Hancock loooool For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. User with Funniest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For getting in the Super Silver donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

I come into a TGWTG thread for the first time in months and I see Malk ranting about the end of the world or something in all caps.

Whuh-

What's going on-

For staying warn free for 9 years For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting in the Bronze donation group For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Best Artist 2014, Best Artist 2015
Best Artist 2016 For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 55 days before it was shut down For winning this year's Ford Trivia Event. Hooray!

I come into a TGWTG thread for the first time in months and I see Malk ranting about the end of the world or something in all caps.

Whuh-

What's going on-

DEMO REEL, MAN

IT'S GONNA DESTROY THE WORLD WITH ITS LACK OF DECENT HUMOR

IT'LL DESTROY THE WORLD MORE SO THAN HAND-DRAWN ANIMATION BEING OVERSHADOWED BY CGI

http://blip.tv/nostalgiacritic/demo-reel-annoys-rob-paulsen-6426918

It's becoming more and more transparent that "Donnie DuPre" is just a slightly more polite Nostalgia Crtiic.

Like Varden said, he really does seem to be typecasting himself. Until he does something more out there and original, everything will seem like just another Nostalgia Critic expy.

For getting 20 awards Wads of dosh It's like giving heals to each of your five idiot teammates. Except you never play healer. I do. It's definitely not Hancock loooool For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. User with Funniest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For getting in the Super Silver donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

Goodness, the first 6 minutes of this week's Snob is already better than most of the Snob videos he's churned out in the last couple of months. Good thing he could break his cut-off date to check out Violent Shit 4.0

Seriously, since the summer Brad's been doing more misses than hits.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 10 videos

I find it kinda funny how the title to that Rob Paulsen video is "Demo Reel annoys Rob Paulsen", not "Donnie DuPre annoys Rob Paulsen". Yes, he was bothered by a show. That's like saying "30 Rock annoys Rob Paulsen".

Actually, now that I think about it, the title's starting to make sense. It's not that Rob Paulsen is being annoyed by Demo Reel, it's that Demo Reel, the show, annoys him.

Might as well have made the video called "Demo Reel annoys everybody". Would've been more accurate that way.

Poor critic, I blame his fans for this.

Time after time he released his critic videos and they ate them up, they wanted the same old thing over and over again and he gave it to them, to never-ending praise. Eventually he himself grew tired of it and wanted to try something different. Unfortunately he never got to experiment aside from those "alternate personality" shows (ALL OF WHICH are better than this, btw) and now he wants to get a set and try some creatively different things without the skills and experience to do so.

But even if this show did get really good, you know its still not gonna make him the same amount of money as the nostalgia critic did, especially if he has to split the revenue like he did with his critic vids. And now he's married and potentially starting a family, I wouldnt be surprised if he brings back the nostalgia critic.

For clearing Super Mario Bros. during our community challenge event. For clearing Sonic 1 during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years User with Funniest Signatures 2014 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year For the category of Best Newcomer.

Personally, I believe Doug should leave the acting, writing and directing to the actors, writers and directors and go into business as a professional film critic because that is what he's truly best at. He's idolized Siskel and Ebert growing up, after all, so it would only makes sense he follows his true passion.

YOU CLOBBAH'D DAT DERE DEEL DOH Sexual Innuendos: The Award Eyelashes! 2009/2010 For having multiple entries for both February & May 2012 with the Recommended YouTube Poops of the Month articles. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Ocarina of Time Master Quest during the community challenge. For completing Link's Awakening during the community challenge. For completing Ocarina of Time with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing Ocarina of Time during the community challenge. For obtaining 50 awards. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. Cashmoney For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange 2015 Contest - STEVE HARVERSE Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For designing the awards used in the Super Mario Challenge. For clearing Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Way to go! For clearing Super Mario Land during the community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing the very hard game of Mario Bros 2 (JPN)/Lost Levels during the community challenge event. Wow! For completing Mario 1-3 & World for the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic 1 during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. HEEEEY IT'S JOE LIGOTTI, THE GUY FROM BOSTON, BABY, THIS IS MY FWUARKIN' CHEWIKI AHDICULL you know him well. Best Artist 2015 For having a blog entry featured. "Best Artist" - 2014
Best Image Editor 2016
Best Artist 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Well done! Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Getting 1st in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest For participating in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest Thank you for your patronage! It's yours, my friend! For his winning entry "This Collage Contains Poop" in the Photopoop Contest: Festival Edition Chewbot gives congrats for having 29 videos with a 5 star rating YTP Caricature Booth Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 49 videos May 2012 - Brain rape/Rape-core May 2012 - "AND DAY" (Overall, Regular) Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Gumball Review Congrats, you deserve this! How exciting! CLEVER CHILD Thanks! Cookies good, om nom nom... For winning the cooking contest!
For your art entry in Harrison Ford Trivia 2012!

Doug's much better when he's legitimately pointing out issues with something instead of going "OOGA BOOGA BOOGA SILLY JOKES LOOK A GREEN SCREEN OOOH!"

That's why I'm interested to see this other new show he's talking about, which is basically Siskel and Ebert, except with him and Rob. That sounds like it could be fascinating.

In the very least, it'll be way better than Doug's take on Epic Movie.

I'm not really sure what to say about Demo Reel now that I've seen it..I wasn't horrified...but I didn't like it either. I think the biggest issue for me is the character of DuPre. I don't know if I want to know what comes next in Demo Reel, but I can only hope it gets better.

I don't think Demo Reel is an abomination or anything, it's just that it's stunningly mediocre, a total bore, and that he put all this work into it and hyped it this much, only for the end result to be this, is rather depressing.