NAveryW

Steven Universe

2,236 replies to this topic

The Pope
Spoiler

It'd be kinda funny if Steven, in his desperate urge to keep it open (and wanting to give Peridot some kind of purpose), got Peridot to run the place.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting 20 awards Wads of dosh It's like giving heals to each of your five idiot teammates. Except you never play healer. I do. It's definitely not Hancock loooool For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. User with Funniest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For getting in the Super Silver donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

Deaniac
Spoiler

I wish you hadn't mentioned that Pope because now that's all I want.

Imagine Peridot dealing with the increasing frustration of customer service only to resort to throwing doughnuts at customers when she loses it

For staying warn free for 9 years For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting in the Bronze donation group For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Best Artist 2014, Best Artist 2015
Best Artist 2016 For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 55 days before it was shut down For winning this year's Ford Trivia Event. Hooray!

The Pope

Oh shit, Lars of the Stars and another new episode are coming on Friday.

Gotta love how great CN is at communicating these things.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting 20 awards Wads of dosh It's like giving heals to each of your five idiot teammates. Except you never play healer. I do. It's definitely not Hancock loooool For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. User with Funniest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For getting in the Super Silver donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

VGFM

Refresh my memory: was there an episode where Steven started growing his first bit of facial hair?  Otherwise I don't get why the promo art for this upcoming episode shows Stevonnie with beard stubble.  I know Stevonnie looks like an adult, but they're still two kids.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your contribution to YouChew's favorite Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog episodes. Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

The Pope

I don't see any stubble on them.

The Pope

Oh. Might just be an artistic thing.

I've always viewed Stevonnie as more female than male (probably due to the voice), so seeing them with facial hair is definitely bizarre.

Robotic
1 hour ago, VGFM said:

Refresh my memory: was there an episode where Steven started growing his first bit of facial hair? 

ye

For staying strike free for 7 years. For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

The Pope

Pretty good episodes.

Spoiler

The 70's anime pastiche of Lars of the Stars was fun and all, but the real meat and potatoes of course was the flashback in Jungle Moon. I do wish that the creative team didn't hamstring themselves with that forced limitation of keeping everything from Steven's perspective, but it's what they're going with, so no point complaining I guess. Though that does beg the question why they channeled that flashback; the writing team's smart enough to not just have them randomly see stuff they shouldn't see, so is Steven viewing Yellow's memories?

Assuming Pink really was like that way back when, it's pretty neat that of the Diamonds we've met, only Yellow's super snooty hoity toity like one would assume they all are; Blue was like that if Garnet's flashback is to be believed but these days she's an emotional wreck, and Pink was apparently an immature happy-go-lucky kid. Like, was she actually normal Gem size rather than Diamond-size? If she was the "baby sister" of the group, that would explain why Blue had such fondness for her.

Also, I never noticed it until now with all the close-ups, but all of the Diamonds have diamond irises which is neat.

VGFM
Spoiler

I really liked how the weird "Mrs. Maheswaran as Yellow Diamond" visual acted as the perfect shorthand to tell us what Pink's relationship was to Yellow without having to explain it.  On the other hand it's starting to feel like Steven(ie)'s visions and empath abilities are becoming too plot-convenient because I have no idea why Stevonnie was able to experience Pink Diamond's memory just from being in a room she was once in, and yet there's never a moment when Steven randomly jumps into Pearl's head or something like that.

It wouldn't surprise me if the "Rose Quartz is Pink Diamond!" crowd became revitalized after this episode, even though there's still a fair number of things contradicting that theory that would need to be explained away.  On the off-chance it ends up being true, I hope it ends up being the case that Rose Quarts doesn't remember being Pink Diamond, like how Steven doesn't remember being Rose Quartz.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your contribution to YouChew's favorite Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog episodes. Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

The Pope
Spoiler

I find it unlikely since the gems on Rose and Pink are completely different, and in terms of "reincarnations" like with Steven and Rose, it's been clearly stated that even if the physical body is radically different, the gem will always be the same.

I have no doubt that they're related in some way, but I do doubt that they're the same entity.

Tug
Spoiler

For a while I was actually expecting a Lars episode where I didn't spent a good chunk of it cringing.  How old is he? Seeing be that immature about Sadie having fun without him is unbelievable, even for Lars at this stage.

Spoiler

Still more enjoyable than U.S.S. Callister though

Oh, and Padparasha's shtick while probably the easiest thing to write just keeps getting me, it's so cute.

Also, Pink Diamond's Gem placement and mouth are similar to Rose's.  Hell, maybe Rose is secretly her daughter or something.

For eloquently describing your thoughts on USA Today's article depicting YouTube Poops. For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For getting 20 awards For getting all the standard ornaments For making da Youchew Pizza, mama-mia! Metroid Fusion 100% For staying strike free for 3 years. I actually decided based on upvotes. That's a lot of love! WE'VE GOT TROUBLE Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Thanks for the donation Testing the IPS 4.0 Update User with Coolest Avatars 2015 Best Newcomer 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year When you're chased by... For participating in the 2014 Spooky Poop Contest! For taking third place in the 2014 Spooky Poop Contest. Congratulations! October 2014 - Sentence mix-core, Classic Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

VGFM
8 hours ago, The Pope said:
  Hide contents

I find it unlikely since the gems on Rose and Pink are completely different, and in terms of "reincarnations" like with Steven and Rose, it's been clearly stated that even if the physical body is radically different, the gem will always be the same.

I have no doubt that they're related in some way, but I do doubt that they're the same entity.

Spoiler

I'm not saying I believe the theory myself, although we've only ever seen Rose's gem from one side--what if that's just the top "side" of Pink's diamond?

Girla PurpleHeart

I know I'm late for a party, but I just finished watching both episodes couple days ago.

Spoiler

The Jungle Moon episode was pretty trippy and I'm having so many questions about Pink Diamond, like she's so tiny and acts like a child. I think I'm going to like this character since I really want more answers about her, and how she died. Also, Lars is awesome in Lars of the Stars!

For participating in the 2017 Spooky Poop Contest

For participating in the 2017 Spooky Poop Contest For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years 5 Completed Matches! *Victory Chime*  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos You participated in ten collaborations! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 36 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 20 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 239 days before it was shut down

Kapten

I finally after several years of lurking decided to start watching SU.

Its super cute and good and enjoyable. I don't particularly like Steven himself, but it makes sense that kids love him.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years August 2012 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Five of them videos uploaded.

Whelt

I'll say that Steven becomes a much better character beyond season 1. He breaks free of his "idiot kid ruins everything" role pretty quickly.

The galaxy is at peace Metroid: Samus Returns 100% Metroid Fusion complete Metroid Prime 2 100% Metroid: Zero Mission early Varia Suit and Screw Attack Metroid: Zero Mission under 2 hours Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013
User with Funniest Avatars 2015
Spirit of YouChew Award 2015
Friendliest User 2015
Smartest User 2015
User with Funniest Avatars 2016
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Member with Funniest Posts 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Smartest User 2017
Member with Funniest Posts 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2018
Most Helpful Member 2018
Smartest User 2018
Spirit of YouChew Award 2018
Most Likely to Rule the World 2018 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2016
2013 For the categories of Spirit of YouChew and Funniest Posts.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

The Pope

Yeah, definitely. I think part of it is that Sugar was trying to sell young audiences (and, more importantly, CN bigwigs) that "oh this is just a cutesy show, ha ha fart jokes lol!" before hitting you with the series stuff. Steven definitely has some radical character development, to the point that looking back at episode 1 Steven he's nearly unrecognizable (and I'm not just talking about the really bad early art).

Tug

I still think it's funny that Steven comes closer to dying more often in the goofy first part than in the serious later parts.  Really the very first set of episodes get so implicitly morbid that it almost put me off at first.

For eloquently describing your thoughts on USA Today's article depicting YouTube Poops. For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For getting 20 awards For getting all the standard ornaments For making da Youchew Pizza, mama-mia! Metroid Fusion 100% For staying strike free for 3 years. I actually decided based on upvotes. That's a lot of love! WE'VE GOT TROUBLE Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Thanks for the donation Testing the IPS 4.0 Update User with Coolest Avatars 2015 Best Newcomer 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year When you're chased by... For participating in the 2014 Spooky Poop Contest! For taking third place in the 2014 Spooky Poop Contest. Congratulations! October 2014 - Sentence mix-core, Classic Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Tug

t0E23n2.jpg

Saw this on tumblr.  It's funny to see it all laid out like this, lol

The Pope

Fuck that's depressing.

Gotta make room for Teen Titans Go, though!