NAveryW

Steven Universe

2,267 replies to this topic

kingplatypus

Wow. First Frybo, now an adorable kitten/Steven hybrid monster. This show seems to be getting away with some legitimately freaky monsters and I love it.

I did think it was a little odd that all the Gems have shapeshifting powers. I figured it was exclusive to Amethyst and they all had separate, unique powers, but eh, whatever.

Thanks for your contribution(s) to the YouChew zine! Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For staying warn free for 9 years For getting in the Bronze Tier donation group For getting 20 awards For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For clearing Super Mario Sunshine during our community challenge event & placing 5th in our Mario Madness Mario Kart 8 tournament. For clearing Super Mario Galaxy to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic 3 & Knuckles during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. For completing the Chao Race challenge during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For participating in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest For having your blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 68 days before it was shut down Here you go! For unique dedication to the... rabbit... girl scorpion things. Oh look, what clever users. Kingplatypus: Bulletproof.

seanvol

I haven't seen this show yet, but I am going to as soon as I get the chance; it looks so fun. I haven't been this genuinely interested in a cartoon since I was a little kid.

"Best Artist" - 2014 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years I'm Spiderman. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For being on the Vanilla forums for 113 days before it was shut down

The Forbidden Dookbag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxzBUhPp_l0

Lesson to be learned today, kids: don't waste work time.

For staying warn free for 9 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years November 2013 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 10 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 85 days before it was shut down

seanvol

Right, so I didn't sleep last night so I decided to watch the show. There's five episodes on YouTube; is that where the show is at now? It's a very sweet show, and of course, the art and animation is just wonderful.

"Best Artist" - 2014 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years I'm Spiderman. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For being on the Vanilla forums for 113 days before it was shut down

WhoCalledForGiggs

I still need to see Cat Fingers, it looks like a pretty good episode.

Jaz

This show is awesome and amazing. That is all. I swear when i watch Amethyst on TV, I'm seeing myself being shown in my eyes since i act more like her then Pearl and Garnet lol.

For staying warn free for 9 years Top 10 Videos of Dec 2016 (YTPMV) For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 99 days before it was shut down

WhoCalledForGiggs

Finally caught up and saw, Cat Fingers, possibly one of my favorite episodes

4fjFWAx.gif

NAveryW

I just listened to NPR's 45-minute call-in interview with Rebecca Sugar that I feel a bit annoyed about not knowing about until well after it happened.

Highlights include a man calling in to recite a joke to Rebecca from his turkey comic he posted on Facebook, and Tom sidetracking the interview by introducing audio clips from miscellaneous unrelated movies including a clip from Spirited Away in untranslated Japanese.

For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus You watched Masketta Phantasmagoria with Benedetto and Dark Fox. For staying warn free for 9 years For getting 90 5-star ratings Thanks for contributing to that Chewstream. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting 20 awards For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for having 111 5-star ratings on your videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Thrashblade Oelkers Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Best YouTube Pooper 2014 Getting 1st in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 2013, Best Artist 2014, Member with Funniest Posts 2014
Best YouTube Pooper 2016 2013
Best YouTube Pooper 2015

User with Funniest Avatars 2016 April 2013 - "walrusguy where do u get the censorship beep sound effect" (Classic) Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 7 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 225 days before it was shut down He has contributed some articles Interviewed. For winning lucky lottery.

Parappatherapper

Bumping this thread to life just to say I liked Tiger Millionaire a lot.

Spoiler because the episode is so new.

I think because I do see a part of myself in amethyst it was a bit more touching. The jokes were pretty good too. I especially like that they were heels and getting booed constantly, but you could tell Steven and Amethyst were both pleased. It's nice to know they never thought such a thing might be too confusing for some kids who don't understand the whole idea of being a heel in wrestling. I especially found Steven's "Million Dollar Man" shenanigans pretty hilarious.

I think Tiger Millionaire may actually be my favorite episode thus far, with Laser Light Cannon not far behind. I just hope the show can keep up the pace.

For staying warn free for 9 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Thanks for the donation. "Oh, how I hate those meenie masters! How they make my penis turn!" -Dopply circa 2010 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 29 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 29 videos

theadventuretimefan

Jesus, I haven't watched it in a while. Shame on me.

For staying strike free for 5 years. Recommended YouTube Poops For March 2015 Participating in the 2015 YouTube Poop Secret Santa Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards Meeting kodywells Nice! Chewbot gives congrats for having 43 5-star ratings on your videos For numerous contributions to the Chewiki! Thanks! m * 1000 For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! A lil tennis racket in case you're playing tougher Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos kkkkkkfffffffTHERE'SffffkkkFIREkkkkkkffff For having a blog entry featured. User with Funniest Signatures 2014
User with Funniest Avatars 2014
Friendliest User 2014
Best YouTube Pooper 2015
Friendliest User 2015 For getting theregularmaster on the site. Started the Nostalgia collab, which featured over 10 participants and lasted over 15 minutes. November 2013 - "YTP: Old Sources Are Old" (Sentence mix-core) November 2013 - Overall, Brain rape/Rape-core For the Regular Show Collaboration Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

TyrannosaurusReich

Yeah this episode was great

I'm really glad it didn't end the way I thought it was going to. I thought it was going to pull some "you shouldn't do stuff you like if you're expected to act like an adult" moral but it turned out to be a really nice, pleasant ending that turned out happy for everyone.

I love this show.

For writing at least 10,000 words in blog entries For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years HHHUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLKKKKKKK!!! Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 12 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 241 days before it was shut down

Parappatherapper

Steven's Lion was pretty good. "Steven's pregnant!?" and "We kept Amethyst." were some great lines. I can't help but feel a tiny bit frustrated this feels like a kind of filler episode. I mean I know the show is comedy first but I'm still curious about the gems, their history, etc. I guess the same can be said for Tiger Millionaire which was one of my favorites. So I don't know.

For staying warn free for 9 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Thanks for the donation. "Oh, how I hate those meenie masters! How they make my penis turn!" -Dopply circa 2010 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 29 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 29 videos

a25luxray

I like how most episodes don't end in a cliche or in a predictable manner. For example, in cheese burger backpack Steven's last idea didn't work and in the newest episode Steven kept the lion instead of having to let it go for some bullshit reason.

For staying strike free for 5 years. For staying strike free for 3 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

Deaniac

I wonder what type of role the lion will play along with Steven and The Crystal Gems. Part of me wants to believe it has some sort of connection with Steven's mom, but maybe it's not that complex.

Thanks for your contribution(s) to the YouChew zine! For staying warn free for 9 years For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting in the Bronze donation group For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Best Artist 2014, Best Artist 2015
Best Artist 2016 For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 55 days before it was shut down For winning this year's Ford Trivia Event. Hooray!

kingplatypus

Steven's Lion was pretty good. "Steven's pregnant!?" and "We kept Amethyst." were some great lines. I can't help but feel a tiny bit frustrated this feels like a kind of filler episode. I mean I know the show is comedy first but I'm still curious about the gems, their history, etc. I guess the same can be said for Tiger Millionaire which was one of my favorites. So I don't know.

I'm not sure how you'd think this was a filler episode considering a major event actually happened (Steven getting a magic, pink lion as a pet).

Thanks for your contribution(s) to the YouChew zine! Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For staying warn free for 9 years For getting in the Bronze Tier donation group For getting 20 awards For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For clearing Super Mario Sunshine during our community challenge event & placing 5th in our Mario Madness Mario Kart 8 tournament. For clearing Super Mario Galaxy to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic 3 & Knuckles during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. For completing the Chao Race challenge during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For participating in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest For having your blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 68 days before it was shut down Here you go! For unique dedication to the... rabbit... girl scorpion things. Oh look, what clever users. Kingplatypus: Bulletproof.

Parappatherapper

I'm not sure what you mean by "comedy first".  Backstory episodes couldshouldwould probably still be funny as any other episode.

I think my brain has been affected by too many "I summon my weapon by eating ice cream!" commercials, which is pretty misleading. So I take it back and I didn't mean to imply back story episodes wouldn't be funny just that it seemed they are taking it slow and trying to draw kids and other people in with jokes before it delves into serious plot a whole lot.

I'm not sure how you'd think this was a filler episode considering a major event actually happened (Steven getting a magic, pink lion as a pet).

I seem to have really messed up here and conveyed the wrong message unintentionally. I guess what I meant to say was that adding the Lion has only thickened the plot and I want more answers to all the questions, most of them regarding Rose. Being a rose-like color the lion may even have something to do with her? Also given the fact the lion showed up while he had his shirt up and gem exposed may or may not be significant. So I suppose I should have said the "plot has been thickened and I have more questions without answers" rather than "it felt like filler". My bad.

Deaniac

Well, I gotta say, Opal has to be one of the equally most elegant and bizarre things to come from this show.

Also, Steven's "giant woman" song would sound reeeeeally strange out of context.

Thanks for your contribution(s) to the YouChew zine! For staying warn free for 9 years For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting in the Bronze donation group For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Best Artist 2014, Best Artist 2015
Best Artist 2016 For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 55 days before it was shut down For winning this year's Ford Trivia Event. Hooray!