randomcontributor

Artist's Lounge

6,465 posts in this topic

forlornegrisfix.png

EDIT: Made some minor improvements. I dare you to go cross-eyed while viewing this up close.

Wads of dosh For collecting 20 awards. For sharing the love with delicious, inedible candy! For receiving candy hearts from strangers! For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with 3 hearts during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker during the community challenge. User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2016 Initial concept

Designed cards #8, #11, #17, #24, #27, #30, #51, #56, #58, #69, #87

Illustrated card #98

Designed background card and awards

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For coming in 1st in the Ghostly Art Contest 2015  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! For staying strike free for 7 years. Successfully met up with Richard Nixon's long-lost daughter. Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Ratburn Van Helsing Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years

Oh yeah, I also did this yesterday.

TintinandthePicarosSketch_zps659c18f0.png

I learned: I'm awful at drawing motorcycles. The whole point of doing this, though, was to draw something that was, for once, not a character floating in a white purgatory. I also got to try my hand at Photoshop. The clone stamp tool helped me fix a few spots. I wonder if it's noticeable.

For staying strike free for 5 years. For competing in the Mario Party 2 Netplay Tournament. Know what I mean? For completing Super Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during our community challenge event. Testing the IPS 4.0 Update For clearing Sonic 3 during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! For taking second place in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest. Congratulations! For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos May 2013 - Sentence mix-core, Classic youtube poop the hedgehog Congratulations! For placing fourth in Mushrooms' Sonic CD competition. You've won a total of 225,000 Chewbucks!

TintinandthePicarosSketch_zps659c18f0.png

I learned: I'm awful at drawing motorcycles. The whole point of doing this, though, was to draw something that was, for once, not a character floating in a white purgatory. I also got to try my hand at Photoshop. The clone stamp tool helped me fix a few spots. I wonder if it's noticeable.

The editing isn't noticeable except for that white puff of smoke coming from the house. Otherwise I wouldn't have known there was any image manipulation happening. And if you're saying that's your first time trying to really draw a character with an actual background and environment around them, then that's impressive. One thing I know is I completely suck at making characters, especially multiple characters, match up and blend in with a background in a comic panel. I usually try to sketch the character poses first and the sketch the background based on that, but I usually end up having to scrap everything and start all over, often several times. Planning is crucial.

Good picture nonetheless. Has a storybook feel

"Best Artist" - 2014 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years I'm Spiderman. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For being on the Vanilla forums for 113 days before it was shut down

*snip*

The editing isn't noticeable except for that white puff of smoke coming from the house. Otherwise I wouldn't have known there was any image manipulation happening. And if you're saying that's your first time trying to really draw a character with an actual background and environment around them, then that's impressive. One thing I know is I completely suck at making characters, especially multiple characters, match up and blend in with a background in a comic panel. I usually try to sketch the character poses first and the sketch the background based on that, but I usually end up having to scrap everything and start all over, often several times. Planning is crucial.

Good picture nonetheless. Has a storybook feel

Thanks, but that puff of smoke has no editing at all. The only parts I touched were the top-right portion of the picture, past the tree, where I forgot to draw in the scenery. Then, I completely forgot his other leg, which should've been showing on the other side of the bike. I also touched the wheels up a bit, where the blue and the orange met bled a bit. I could've fixed other parts, like the puff of smoke or the bottom-right, but those were the only crucial ones.

This isn't completely original to me. It's based off of a scene from the beginning of (surprise, surprise) Tintin and the Picaros. I do want to do something more original or detailed next time, though.

For staying strike free for 5 years. For competing in the Mario Party 2 Netplay Tournament. Know what I mean? For completing Super Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during our community challenge event. Testing the IPS 4.0 Update For clearing Sonic 3 during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! For taking second place in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest. Congratulations! For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos May 2013 - Sentence mix-core, Classic youtube poop the hedgehog Congratulations! For placing fourth in Mushrooms' Sonic CD competition. You've won a total of 225,000 Chewbucks!

marionextlevels.png

Working on boxart. The middle is empty because Mario is supposed to go there.

For staying strike free for 5 years. For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

For the past two months I haven't been in the mood to draw anything, so have a bunch of young people for now.

face-practice.jpg

My scanner makes some of the bright colors come out weird.

For staying strike free for 7 years. 2015 Contest - John Metravolta Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Thanks for the donation. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos October 2012 - Overall, Regular Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 13 videos

Even though I haven't watched the series, that was still fairly entertaining.

For staying strike free for 7 years. Hosting the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange God the Hedgehog For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Halloween Festival awards. Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 For participating in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest Apparently I was eligible for this all along. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Certainly quite a few pictures you've made there. For his 2011 Festival contribution

ndWBd.jpg

Here's something after a million years.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 169 days before it was shut down

Here's a comic I made back in May 2008:

may2008.png

My newest comic:

oct162012.png

And my drawings with the Eds:

drawings.png

For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 169 days before it was shut down

TIME TO DUMP SOME PIXEL ART

EDIT: POSTED IN WRONG THREAD (Thanks to bloodis for that, should have been in spam)

2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

34t22ch.jpg

"He's more machine, now, than man..."

Dr. Edgar Morose... and his amazing telescoping head and neckscythe?

33krx2g.jpg

Ratfink is planned to be a character who will be required to move around a lot, as he's Dr. Morose's lab assistant. Being that all of Morose's creations will either be puppets and/or people in suits, it would be a little difficult to have Ratfink move around with legs and still look realistic or believable.

So, instead of giving him legs, what about sticking wheels onto his lower body and moving him around the set like an RC car? Morose's creations are always cyborgs, anyway. He can be puppeteered as a stationary puppet, and in scenes where he needs to move, he can just zip around freely, as someone controls him via remote control off-camera.

Also, might consider renaming him "Motormouse" because I like the pun, but I like Ratfink a little more. People keep making comparisons to Ed Roth's "Rat fink," whose art style I was aware of when I named this character. The fact that Ed's a motorhead inspired the addition of wheels and a chassis to this design. Might leave it "Ratfink" as a tribute to Roth as a thank-you for the partial inspiration.

2013 For the category of Best Artist. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

34t22ch.jpg

"He's more machine, now, than man..."

Dr. Edgar Morose... and his amazing telescoping head and neckscythe?

33krx2g.jpg

Ratfink is planned to be a character who will be required to move around a lot, as he's Dr. Morose's lab assistant. Being that all of Morose's creations will either be puppets and/or people in suits, it would be a little difficult to have Ratfink move around with legs and still look realistic or believable.

So, instead of giving him legs, what about sticking wheels onto his lower body and moving him around the set like an RC car? Morose's creations are always cyborgs, anyway. He can be puppeteered as a stationary puppet, and in scenes where he needs to move, he can just zip around freely, as someone controls him via remote control off-camera.

Also, might consider renaming him "Motormouse" because I like the pun, but I like Ratfink a little more. People keep making comparisons to Ed Roth's "Rat fink," whose art style I was aware of when I named this character. The fact that Ed's a motorhead inspired the addition of wheels and a chassis to this design. Might leave it "Ratfink" as a tribute to Roth as a thank-you for the partial inspiration.

Reminds me of this music video

2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

dean.jpg

Dean, gotta tell you now. That horizontal centerline is intended to note where you intend to put the eyes. Alot of people make the mistake of just putting them on the image without knowing what even it is, because they think they're supposed to.

If you aren't using the horizontal centerline to map your eyes (or hell, ANYTHING, eyes are just the most common use), there's no reason to even draw it.

As to what part of the eyes that line maps, it's up to you. Some people have it map the center of the eyes, others have it map the bottom. Heck, I've never seen it, but someone could have it map the top for all I know. Now I have one time seen someone use two eyelines to map the top and bottom. I honestly should give that a try.

The bottom line (figuratively speaking) is that it's a mapping tool, just like how the vertical centerline dictates where the center of the head is.

Eyeline.jpg

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 10 videos