Stuart K Reilly

Show off yo badass computer

147 replies to this topic

Stuart K Reilly

We had a thread like this a long time ago but its gone now so I thought I'd revive it.

So here's my trusty old lappy

Lenovo-IdeaPad-Y570-Laptop-1.jpg

Its a Lenovo Y570. A badass multimedia/gaming lappy from 2011. I bought it refurbished for something like $750 and it has treated me well ever since I got it. No viruses, no blue screens, no hardware hiccups unlike the Toshiba gaming rig I had before (PROTIP: don't buy a Toshiba if you expect it to last over a year).

The JBL speakers aren't half bad for a laptop audio system. They sound clear and bassy without that tinny sound you expect from little bitty speakers.

My only problem is it has that damn Optimus technology. Where it switches from the intel GPU to the Nvidia GPU. It doesn't work perfect and runs a lot of games on the Intel GPU for some reason. Alan Wake acts like he's still sleepy. But TF2 runs nice so I'm okay with it for now.

SPECS

2.2ghz I7 with turbo boost up to 2.9ghz

8gb RAM

Nvidia GT555 GPU

Windows 7 Home Premium

If I ever replace it I'll definitely go with another Lenovo. Maybe a Y500 or a 510 depending on how their price will be when I decide to upgrade

For staying warn free for 9 years For making it on a few of the Recommended YouTube Poops articles, with the most recent one being for December 2015 & January 2016. For getting 90 5-star ratings Best Musician 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards A No. First a Janitor, now a Café Staffer! Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Best YouTube Pooper 2014
Best YouTube Pooper 2016 1st as "Most Likely to Rule the World" - 2014
Most Likely to Rule the World 2015
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 137 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 137 videos For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos March 2012 - Overall March 2012 - "IM Meen Becomes Self Aware" (Sentence mix-core) For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 7 videos Excellent job, mang. For winning the re-poop contest! Great work!

bob

lenovo is pretty much the best brand for higher end stuff at a decent price.

This is mine. An HP Pavilion Sleekbook 15-b023cl

Keo98HJ.jpg

Pretty good for a bargain laptop. its got IIG 4000 which runs enough games acceptably when i use it to play em from time to time. 6 gigs of ram, and an average (meaning terrible) battery life.

For clearing Super Mario Bros. during our community challenge event. For clearing Sonic 1 during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years User with Funniest Signatures 2014 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year For the category of Best Newcomer.

Fiddlesticks411

My little shit

HP-g72-c55dx-Laptop-with-an-Intel-Pentiu

HP G72 - Intel i3 core with 3GB ram and windows 7

Can't even run Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 without shutting down

Has a hibernation error due to the type of battery that runs on this brand and some pavillion models.

For staying warn free for 9 years Designed cards #9, #64, #77, #86, #94

Illustrated cards  #42, #66-67, #96

Designed logo, exterior card design, header image, banner, and shop items Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For getting all the standard ornaments Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For taking third place in 2014's Chew-or-Treat awards. Congratulations! For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Getting 2nd in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest For participating in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For at least 100 contributions of Stan x Kyle erotica yutubepopp 3,000,000-love 15-love vidya Queen never shits For not being socially retarded! Here you go.

dedo

IMG_00831.jpg

IMG_00841.jpg

It only looks dusty because the camera on an iPhone 3GS is poopoo.

MSI B75 Motherboard

i5 3570 processor

8GB RAM

1TB WD Green

600GB WD Green

120GB WD old as shit drive

Gigabyte GTX660

Cheap 600W power supply made by "A-power" (Researching the company doesn't bring up anything helpful. I plan on replacing this soon with a modular supply)

I believe the DVD burner I have is made by a small company owned by Samsung but I'm not sure.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For uploading 25 videos to the site! For the love of the rabbit... crab... scorpion girls. Thanks for being Strike-Free! OM NOM

Axe

ajSYDBF.jpg

i7-3770 @ 3.50GHz

8GB RAM

1TB HDD

EVGA GTX 550 Ti 1GB GDDR5

Windows 8

Apart from the mid-range graphics card and the relatively slow HDD (considering SSDs are a thing nowadays), I think it's an excellent machine. Has been able to run every game I've tried at high/medium-high settings.

For staying warn free for 9 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 29 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 119 days before it was shut down So cool. Strike-free for more than 3 years. Congrats! i was a janitor<br />
<br />
i think Welcome to the Few. The Proud. The Moderators. For posting at the end of the Gen Chat thread!
For posting after Dopply

Waymu

p6710f.jpg

HP Pavilion p6710f

1 TB HDD

4 GB of RAM, I upgraded it to 6

Decent AMD processor, 3 GHz

Shitty graphics, ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated

I put in a firewire card to make it super rad, yep. The specs aren't insanely great but god damn this thing is durable.

Wads of dosh Most Likely to Rule the World 2017 Member with Funniest Posts 2017 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event For reaching this poop milestone. Submitting 100 videos to the Video System For staying strike free for 7 years. Participated in the 2015 YouTube Poop Secret Santa Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For completing Super Mario Sunshine during our community challenge event. Testing the IPS 4.0 Update For writing 10594 words worth in blog entries. Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Most Likely to Rule the World 2015, User with Coolest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016. Most Likely to Rule the World 2016, Smartest User 2016, Member with Funniest Posts 2016, Best Image Editor 2016
Best Image Editor 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for having 45 5-star ratings on your videos Have a Ratburn For fighting the good fight in the war against copyright. For what is probably the first 60FPS YTP ever made. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years December 2013 - "Brett Keane collab" (Classic) Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 great head CHEWS YOUR RACER Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos December 2012 - Brain rape/Rape-core as promised. congrats on 5 matches! Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

Smonge

vVkmxVi.jpg?1

The case is a behemoth--far larger than I actually needed. But fickle me was sold on the green LED's and side window.

As it is currently--

3.7 ghz AMD Phenom II Black Edition x2 (though I tell everybody it's a quad-core... because hell, I unlocked the latent cores in the BIOS, so it's a quad-core, now)

Asrock 970 Extreme 3 (that assrock hasn't died yet in a year and a half of service, and all the computer nerds on this forum hate Asrocks)

WD Caviar Black 1TB 7200 RPM SATA III

Cooler Master 500W

Nvidia Geforce GT 600 (which replaced two weeks ago my overheating AMD ATI Radeon HD 5550 due to a dead fan)

8gb Corsair Vengeance

22'' Acer Monitor, 1600x900

Windows 8 WGA approved (formerly a cracked Windows 7 Ultimate)

Ubuntu 13.04

She's sexy, and she's powerful. Powerful for less $400, I should say.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting 20 awards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 5 years. For writing 11289 words worth in blog entries. For having a blog entry featured. October 2013 - "Still the Road is Full of Photographs" (YTPMV) Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Simply Simple Simply Simple 2013, Favorite Staff Member 2014, Friendliest User 2015, Most Helpful Member 2015 2013 Thanks for being awesome, Smonge. June 2012 - Overall, Regular For the category of Most Helpful Member
2013, Friendliest User 2014, Most Helpful Member 2014 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For the Innovation in Simplicity Collab. Stayed strike-free for 1 year.

Stuart K Reilly

Thats the one thing I can give a desktop. you can build a sho' nuff badass desktop that'll do pretty much everything you need it to do for a little of nothing compared to what you'd pay for a lappy with the same specs.

I just always needed a laptop because I travel a lot and move from room to room frequently so I need that portability and I need my files constantly

For staying warn free for 9 years For making it on a few of the Recommended YouTube Poops articles, with the most recent one being for December 2015 & January 2016. For getting 90 5-star ratings Best Musician 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards A No. First a Janitor, now a Café Staffer! Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Best YouTube Pooper 2014
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 137 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 137 videos For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos March 2012 - Overall March 2012 - "IM Meen Becomes Self Aware" (Sentence mix-core) For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 7 videos Excellent job, mang. For winning the re-poop contest! Great work!

unregistredhypercam

l088a0B.jpg

Built in 2009 but have replaced everything except the case and power supply since then. Picture taken 2012.

i5 2500k overclocked to 4Ghz. Installed along with board and ram in early 2011.

Asus p8p67 pro (the last of the good £100 asus boards)

12GB ram

PNY GTX460 overclocked (replaced a dying radeon 4870)

2TB seagate (not in picture, installed in febuary)

500gb samsung spinpoint f3 (getting high mileage now, but still a great drive)

120gb Intel 320 SSD

500w silverpower PSU

Xonar DG soundcard

Coolermaster cm690 case

and of course windows 7 ultimate

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

Stuart K Reilly

Slick. Thats gotta be the hottest i5 I've ever heard of OC'd like that

unregistredhypercam

It's actually very little for a sandy bridge i5, I ran this one at 4.5 for a while but it became unstable on hot days. I decided that 4 was still more than plenty so might as well lower it to extend the life, and also i dont really have the time to spend tweaking and testing it. Mines actually pretty lame, most will do 4.5 with a lot less voltage than this one wants. Its luck of the draw if you get a good overclocker or not. It's very happy at 4 though, never really goes much above 75c or so and thats when i'm really burning it.

I've known people with better ones take them up past 5ghz and use them everyday, but they also had much better cooling than i've got.

Sandy bridge (2500k,2600k) chips overclock the best out of all the i5s/i7s, they use more power than the later ivy ones but run cooler and can reach higher clocks because of that.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

dedo

That cable management is beautiful. I attempted to manage my cables and it looks a lot better than just letting them go everywhere in the case but it didn't work as well as I wanted it to.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For uploading 25 videos to the site! For the love of the rabbit... crab... scorpion girls. Thanks for being Strike-Free! OM NOM

Whelt

Cable management?

Hey man, wut dat?

Yes, my machine's insides are a jumbled mess.

The galaxy is at peace Metroid: Samus Returns 100% Metroid Fusion complete Metroid Prime 2 100% Metroid: Zero Mission early Varia Suit and Screw Attack Metroid: Zero Mission under 2 hours Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Friendliest User 2015, Smartest User 2015
User with Funniest Avatars 2016
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Member with Funniest Posts 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Smartest User 2017
Member with Funniest Posts 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2016
2013 For the categories of Spirit of YouChew and Funniest Posts.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

HarvestmanMan

SGvebqol.jpg

My main outfit.  It's a 2006 HP A1640 with a brand-new monitor.

4Dbrwepl.jpg

My current laptop, a 2003 IBM Thinkpad.

UikTKCzl.jpg

My former laptop, an extremely slow 2005 HP/Compaq with a broken screen. I'll probably burn it or something and then scrap it.

Oib4i45l.jpg

My former desktop, a 1999 Dell.  It still works fine, but will be scrapped very soon.

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years For participating in the 2013 Spooky Poop Halloween contest Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos

Essemkay

Please excuse the terrible quality, these were taken with my iPod touch potato cam.
6Iin9aC.jpg

POS Compaq from 2006 that was purchased as a family computer and eventually became my Frankenstein-computer. Here are the upgrades I've made to it:

• 8500 GT in 2008 succeeded by a GTX 550 ti in 2011
  • 4 GB RAM in 2009
  • 520W PSU in 2011

I would get a new CPU because my current one bottlenecks everything, but it's an ancient slot. When I finally get around to building a new desktop I'll be ripping the PSU and 550 Ti from this.

I also got a laptop for school recently that performs better than this thing, so yeah.

For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Coming in 3rd in the Super Smash Smackdown! for Youchew&3DS Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years

HarvestmanMan

A 2003 laptop and it works with Windows 7?

It certainly does.  I was offered Windows 7 or 8, and chose 7.

I think it's from 2003, it may be from a couple years later.  IBM isn't known for having the most up-to-date product designs...

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years For participating in the 2013 Spooky Poop Halloween contest Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos

Whelt

So you bought this recently? Was it new, or did you get it on eBay or something? If it was new it would have been Lenovo brand, though. I'm curious exactly what model of ThinkPad it is.

Also SMK we have the exact same keyboard.

The galaxy is at peace Metroid: Samus Returns 100% Metroid Fusion complete Metroid Prime 2 100% Metroid: Zero Mission early Varia Suit and Screw Attack Metroid: Zero Mission under 2 hours Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Friendliest User 2015, Smartest User 2015
User with Funniest Avatars 2016
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Member with Funniest Posts 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Smartest User 2017
Member with Funniest Posts 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2016
2013 For the categories of Spirit of YouChew and Funniest Posts.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

AGSMA

Here's mine.

it_photo_140533_52.jpgacer_aspire_5739.jpg

It's quite outdated for the most part, specially because I bought it three years ago, but it functions very well despite it's age. The downside is that it overheats quite a lot and it gets a lot of dust very easily.

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bits (6.1, Compilation 7600)
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo P8700 2,53 GHz
RAM Memory: 4096 GB
DirectX Version: 11 (although some games like TF2 can only run at DX9)
GPU: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570
Native Screen Resolution: 1366 x 768

For being part of the six-way tie for 2nd Place in the 2017 Ghostly Art Contest! Spirit of YouChew 2017 That's a lot of love! bubble gum and taffy For receiving some chalky, tasteless candy! For giving away those sweet treats! Gave Umigame an AGSMA attack. For participating in the 2009 and 2010 Secret Santa event For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards For getting 20 awards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos mmmmmricher Congrats on having completed 5 matches!

Smonge

Please excuse the terrible quality, these were taken with my iPod touch potato cam.

6Iin9aC.jpg

POS Compaq from 2006 that was purchased as a family computer and eventually became my Frankenstein-computer. Here are the upgrades I've made to it:

• 8500 GT in 2008 succeeded by a GTX 550 ti in 2011
  • 4 GB RAM in 2009
  • 520W PSU in 2011

I would get a new CPU because my current one bottlenecks everything, but it's an ancient slot. When I finally get around to building a new desktop I'll be ripping the PSU and 550 Ti from this.

I also got a laptop for school recently that performs better than this thing, so yeah.

That looks like a matured version of our old family Compaq sr1103wm we got back in 2004. Everybody in the house thought it was a POS up into 2010 when we all got new laptops, but I've lovingly kept up with the old desktop and made some upgrades to the memory and hard disk and monitor in the last few months. It runs Vegas 7 like butter, and as far as games go it's handles all the late 90's to mid 2000's releases fairly well. Great DOSbox and emulator machine, too. Still running Windows XP SP3, dual-booting Ubuntu 12.04 (with a horrible resolution on the latter, monitor native on the former). More than anything, though, I'd like to find a PCI graphics card to max the graphics out on it so I can at least say I've done everything possible to extend it's life and usefulness.

While I'm thinking of it, I might also just go ahead and upgrade it to Windows 7. It should meet the bare minimum requirements, at that.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting 20 awards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 5 years. For writing 11289 words worth in blog entries. For having a blog entry featured. October 2013 - "Still the Road is Full of Photographs" (YTPMV) Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Simply Simple Simply Simple 2013, Favorite Staff Member 2014, Friendliest User 2015, Most Helpful Member 2015 2013 Thanks for being awesome, Smonge. June 2012 - Overall, Regular For the category of Most Helpful Member
2013, Friendliest User 2014, Most Helpful Member 2014 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For the Innovation in Simplicity Collab. Stayed strike-free for 1 year.