• Announcements

• Whelt

Metroid Game Challenge!   09/03/2017

There's a Metroid game challenge going on now. Check it out in the Games forum!
HotFriedSkadoosh

Rick and Morty

505 replies to this topic

Cantfly   
Cantfly

Less talk about dumb shit that nobody should care about and more talk about this good show please

Yeah, the episode was hilarious. Though I was kind of hoping for a rogue Mr. Meeseeks to be left running loose so that it could possibly return in a future episode. The idea of a character going insane because they can't help someone accomplish something to the point of turning on them and attempting to murder them is really funny. 

For staying warn free for 9 years Wads of dosh For being part of the Recommended Poops of December 2016 For getting 90 5-star ratings Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Thanks for the donation! For completing Super Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards to kick some tail Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos User with Funniest Signatures 2014, 
Best Writer 2014
User with Funniest Signatures 2015 November 2013 - "drake bell power slide" (Overall, Classic) Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 2013
User with Funniest Avatars - 2015
Best Writer 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks YOUTUBE'S NOT ATHLETIC December 2011 - Regular, Classic Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. http://youchew.net/forum/index.php?/page/index.html/_/mediareviews/bad-teacher-review-r384 You've had that down there for quite a while now, haven't you?<br />
<br />
Spreading Lago Love

Probo   
Probo

If you're gonna make a fuss over any of the jokes the show makes you should probably just not watch adult cartoons

Eat da candy it's a little itchy... For receiving candy during the Valentines Day event! Lucario For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed background card

Designed cards #6, #13-16, #19-20, #25, #29, #31-33, #36-40, #43-47, #50, #52-54, #57, #59, #62, #65, #68, #70-72, #79, #81, #90, #100

Illustrated card #93 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For getting all the standard ornaments Contributing banners for the Halloween and Christmas skins For staying strike free for 7 years. For clearing Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario World during our community challenge event. Fine dined on Norwegian escargot. For clearing Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic 3 & Knuckles & Sonic CD during the community challenge event. Way to go! For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards For taking third place in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest. Congratulations! For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 1st as "Favorite Staff Member" - 2014 Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013, Best Image Editor 2014, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Most Helpful Member 2015
Most Helpful Member 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016 For the categories of Spirit of YouChew, Best Image Editor, and Best Artist, Spirit of YouChew Award 2014, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Favorite Staff Member 2015 Oh yeah that reminds me, I bought 5 of each while awards were down For making the Hulkamania and GreenSwampWarrior banners. Placing #4 in the Wheel Gator Speed Run. Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived. Here's to the start of a wonderful career. Cheers. Congrats on your masterpiece. For winning second place in the Harrison Ford Trivia Contest! Congratulations!

10/31/11 - For coming in 1st in the Halloween costume contest. Your drawing was voted the best!
For drawing an awesome Ford image!

Deaniac   
Deaniac

Tumblr is a cesspool for angsty, self-righteous, faux-social justice bullshit anyways.

Anyways, let's focus on Mr. Meeseeks please.

X9DCAmP.png

For staying warn free for 9 years For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting in the Bronze donation group For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Best Artist 2014, Best Artist 2015
Best Artist 2016 For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 55 days before it was shut down For winning this year's Ford Trivia Event. Hooray!

Cantfly   
Cantfly

Also, I noticed that the animation is being produced by Starburns Industries. I guess now they focus on more than just stop-motion animated project which is pretty cool. 

For staying warn free for 9 years Wads of dosh For being part of the Recommended Poops of December 2016 For getting 90 5-star ratings Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Thanks for the donation! For completing Super Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards to kick some tail Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos User with Funniest Signatures 2014, 
Best Writer 2014
User with Funniest Signatures 2015 November 2013 - "drake bell power slide" (Overall, Classic) Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 2013
Best Writer 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks YOUTUBE'S NOT ATHLETIC December 2011 - Regular, Classic Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. http://youchew.net/forum/index.php?/page/index.html/_/mediareviews/bad-teacher-review-r384 You've had that down there for quite a while now, haven't you?<br />
<br />
Spreading Lago Love

TyrannosaurusReich   
TyrannosaurusReich

Tumblr's opinion on it isn't completely unjustified, seeing stuff like a rape scene on a show can be reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally bad for rape survivors. It can do some nasty shit to their mental health.

again, not saying "NO MORE RAPE IN THE MEDIA!!!" but it is something to keep in mind

For writing at least 10,000 words in blog entries For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years HHHUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLKKKKKKK!!! Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 12 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 241 days before it was shut down

SonicOutlaw   
SonicOutlaw

I've only seen the pilot about a week ago, I really like this show so far. I hope I can watch episode 2 tomorrow and the rest whenever I get a chance.

For staying strike free for 3 years. AwesomeVideosExtreme Enjoy your Ratburn For writing 10119 words worth in blog entries. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Getting 2nd in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 For having a blog entry featured. April 2013 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Cantfly   
Cantfly

Tumblr's opinion on it isn't completely unjustified, seeing stuff like a rape scene on a show can be reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally bad for rape survivors. It can do some nasty shit to their mental health.

again, not saying "NO MORE RAPE IN THE MEDIA!!!" but it is something to keep in mind

Eh, maybe, but I still don't see what was wrong with the joke. The scene featured a talking Jelly Bean that slowly revealed his attempt to try and sexually assault a minor. It's a farcical scenario and it played it off as such, and honestly I thought it was entertaining just because of how much it served as tragic juxtaposition to everything else; Morty was knocked off of the high horse that he had tried so hard to claim throughout the episode despite Rick's constant badgering to stop his adventure.

Also people didn't seem to have a problem with the Meeseeks threatening to kill a bunch of people. Going off of your previous logic I'm sure there are plenty of people in the world that have been threatened with death that could have been wigged out by that, but in the end it's just an absurd dark scenario played off of a silly situation for comedy. Overthinking things like this all the time isn't healthy.

Best Writer 2014
<br />
Spreading Lago Love

TV🅱️🅱️RA🅱️   
TV🅱️🅱️RA🅱️

I love this show so much. I always think of this show as a Cartoon Network show, with the designs and all, and for a good reason too.

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 5 years. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

TyrannosaurusReich   
TyrannosaurusReich

I think the thing is, yeah, it's obviously a Jelly Bean almost raping a little kid, but other than that it's played off too real. Compare it to something like say, Handbanana, where not only the rapist in question (a dog made from Shake's DNA) is completely absurd but the whole approach to the rape scenes in question is so ridiculous that you can't help but just laugh at it.

As for the Meeseeks, I think the thing is pretty much everyone agrees murder is bad. But rape is still sort of gotten away with in society and douchebags on the internet can even get celebrated for it in some cases. Plus, if I'm not mistaken, rape is far more common than hostage situations, so that basically means more people can be potentially triggered by the episode.

I'm not offended by the episode or anything, I just think the rape scene came off as being waaaaaay too disturbing and not really funny enough, and I can least understand where people who were offended by the joke are coming from, and I can especially understand it if the people in question are rape victims. But that's just me.

But uh, okay, let's not make this into a social justice wank-fest

so um

I read somewhere that the show isn't going to deal with time travel. I think that's kind of a shame, I'd love to see something like Rick and Morty in prehistoric times.

For writing at least 10,000 words in blog entries For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years HHHUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLKKKKKKK!!! Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 12 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 241 days before it was shut down

bob   
bob

well they could just travel to a prehistoric dimension

plus I think its funny how a Doc and Marty ripoff are going to do everything but time travel

For clearing Super Mario Bros. during our community challenge event. For clearing Sonic 1 during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years User with Funniest Signatures 2014 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year For the category of Best Newcomer.

SuperYoshi   
SuperYoshi

I watched it a bit and I'm not surprised I really like it.  I'm really shocked Tom Kenny and Rob Paulsen voice in it.  I expected Justin Roiland to do most of the voices and then have a few unknowns do the others (Maybe Tim and Eric, too, since Tim played a minor character in House of Cosbys for like one episode)

I'm really happy to see he's finally getting something on TV.  All of his stuff is really funny and he's got a great voice.

Wads of dosh For staying warn free for 9 years For your immense generosity. Thanks for helping out with the new server Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For having your blog entry featured. 2013, Smartest User 2014, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Smartest User 2015 2013, User with Coolest Avatars 2014, Favorite Staff Member 2014 2013
User with Coolest Signatures - 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years February 2012 - "I'D SAY HE'S HOT ON OUR TAIL" (Overall, Classic) Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 15 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 243 days before it was shut down

Cantfly   
Cantfly
I read somewhere that the show isn't going to deal with time travel. I think that's kind of a shame, I'd love to see something like Rick and Morty in prehistoric times.

Silly, they already traveled back in time in Doc and Mharti!

BTW as far as I'm concerned this actually happened in the show.

Best Writer 2014
<br />
Spreading Lago Love

TyrannosaurusReich   
TyrannosaurusReich

I'm really shocked Tom Kenny and Rob Paulsen voice in it.

Me too, actually. It's pretty rare to see actual voice actors in shows like this. Also, Maurice LaMarche is in M. Night Shym-Aliens.

Personally, I'd love to see Charlie Adler do a voice on this show. He's my favorite voice actor ever. Actually, has he done ANYTHING recently? The most recent role of his I know of is Super-Skrull in Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

Deaniac   
Deaniac

Well, that ending was melancholy as shit. The episode was funny enough at the beginning, but it really left me with a bittersweet taste in my mouth, even if I could anticipate the ending somewhat.

Fuckin' Kronenbergs, man.

For staying warn free for 9 years For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting in the Bronze donation group For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Best Artist 2014, Best Artist 2015
Best Artist 2016 For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 55 days before it was shut down For winning this year's Ford Trivia Event. Hooray!

bob   
bob

Im curious if they want to actually resolve any of these obvious issues these characters have in the future. It could be good, especially if we could learn more about ricks past.

also yeah that last scene had me in stitches.

For clearing Super Mario Bros. during our community challenge event. For clearing Sonic 1 during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years User with Funniest Signatures 2014 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year For the category of Best Newcomer.

Deaniac   
Deaniac

Good lord, Adult Swim is on top of this shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SutlAKqlmNo

TyrannosaurusReich   
TyrannosaurusReich

That ending was some Evangelion-level shit

Robotic   
Robotic

I gotta say, I haven't really been enthralled by a show like this in a long time. It's got something going for it that really makes it compelling.

For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

Probo   
Probo

Christ, that ep and ending were gripping. Wonder how the elements of the ending are going to be implemented in future eps.

Eat da candy it's a little itchy... For receiving candy during the Valentines Day event! Lucario For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed background card

Designed cards #6, #13-16, #19-20, #25, #29, #31-33, #36-40, #43-47, #50, #52-54, #57, #59, #62, #65, #68, #70-72, #79, #81, #90, #100

Illustrated card #93 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For getting all the standard ornaments Contributing banners for the Halloween and Christmas skins For staying strike free for 7 years. For clearing Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario World during our community challenge event. Fine dined on Norwegian escargot. For clearing Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic 3 & Knuckles & Sonic CD during the community challenge event. Way to go! For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards For taking third place in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest. Congratulations! For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 1st as "Favorite Staff Member" - 2014 Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013, Best Image Editor 2014, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Most Helpful Member 2015
Most Helpful Member 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016 For the categories of Spirit of YouChew, Best Image Editor, and Best Artist, Spirit of YouChew Award 2014, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Favorite Staff Member 2015 Oh yeah that reminds me, I bought 5 of each while awards were down For making the Hulkamania and GreenSwampWarrior banners. Placing #4 in the Wheel Gator Speed Run. Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived. Here's to the start of a wonderful career. Cheers. Congrats on your masterpiece. For winning second place in the Harrison Ford Trivia Contest! Congratulations!

10/31/11 - For coming in 1st in the Halloween costume contest. Your drawing was voted the best!
For drawing an awesome Ford image!

Cantfly   
Cantfly

I'm pretty satisfied with the direction that this episode took. A good mix of both comedy and really empty-feeling melancholic moments. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the season finale ended on some sort of cliffhanger given how other [as] shows have been in the past. It'd be great to see happen.

"I really Cronenburg'd the world up didn't I"

Best Writer 2014
<br />
Spreading Lago Love