• Announcements

• Whelt

Metroid Game Challenge!   09/03/2017

There's a Metroid game challenge going on now. Check it out in the Games forum!
HotFriedSkadoosh

Rick and Morty

503 replies to this topic

zoc   
zoc

That was easily the most bleak episode so far. I... don't even know what to say. It made everything else from this show look like fucking Blue Clue's, good lord.

User with Funniest Signatures 2017 SURE! WHAT'S A BIG SISTER FOR? For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Thanks for the donation Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Congratulations on getting the award you've longed to get for the longest time now! For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years January 2013 - Brain rape/Rape-core Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. For being on the Vanilla forums for 87 days before it was shut down

Hoipendaddy   
Hoipendaddy
  • Banned
  • Last night's episode was a real treat. Absolutely hilarious!

Morty at the end.

:icon_eek:

For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Come back when you're a little--oh, there you go! SEYMOUR Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For having a blog entry featured. 2013, User with Funniest Signatures 2014, User with Funniest Avatars 2014, Most Likely to Rule the World 2014, 
Member with Funniest Posts 2014 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year For his Photopoop Entry "The ButFather"

TV🅱️🅱️RA🅱️   
    TV🅱️🅱️RA🅱️

The episode last night... I'm actually speechless. As good as it is, I will never look at Rick & Morty the same.

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 5 years. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

SuperYoshi   
    SuperYoshi

It's not like we can do this every week, anyways.  We get three or four more of these, tops.

It's upsetting because it's likely.  I really, really hope the show doesn't get dropped.  It's absolutely fantastic so far.

Wads of dosh For staying warn free for 9 years For your immense generosity. Thanks for helping out with the new server Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For having your blog entry featured. 2013, Smartest User 2014, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Smartest User 2015 2013, User with Coolest Avatars 2014, Favorite Staff Member 2014 2013
User with Coolest Signatures - 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years February 2012 - "I'D SAY HE'S HOT ON OUR TAIL" (Overall, Classic) Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 15 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 243 days before it was shut down

Cantfly   
    Cantfly

[as] really isn't the kind of block to drop a show after only one season, especially a show that has gotten a good amount of ratings like this show has. I think it's safe to say we'll be seeing more.

For staying warn free for 9 years Wads of dosh For being part of the Recommended Poops of December 2016 For getting 90 5-star ratings Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Thanks for the donation! For completing Super Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards to kick some tail Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos User with Funniest Signatures 2014, 
Best Writer 2014
User with Funniest Signatures 2015 November 2013 - "drake bell power slide" (Overall, Classic) Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 2013
User with Funniest Avatars - 2015
Best Writer 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks YOUTUBE'S NOT ATHLETIC December 2011 - Regular, Classic Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. http://youchew.net/forum/index.php?/page/index.html/_/mediareviews/bad-teacher-review-r384 You've had that down there for quite a while now, haven't you?<br />
<br />
Spreading Lago Love

HerrVarden   
    HerrVarden

Rick and Morty reminds me of Superjail, but with more of an emphasis on the plot and ways it messes with the concepts rather than the characters and animation.

I'm guessing that line about the "we can't do this every week" might either refer to the total returning of a status quo or how many more episodes are left before Season 1 is a-done. Most likely the former.

For staying strike free for 5 years. Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For completing Super Mario Galaxy 2 to 100% completion during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during our community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos DE DE DE IS THA ONE! Best Writer 2014, User with Coolest Avatars 2014, Best Image Editor 2014, Best Image Editor 2015, Best Writer 2015 For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year 2013 2013
User with Coolest Signatures 2014
User with Coolest Signatures 2015 For your first featured article. Harrison Ford Trivia Recursion Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Robotic   
    Robotic

R&M is definitely more cohesive than other [as] shows. Already there are revisited themes and new character developments. It wouldn't surprise me if it was building up to a conclusion, I guess is what I'm saying. I hope the first season isn't the last, but it's starting to feel like this is a series planned to be ended, not renewed over and over until its ratings fall.

For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

Cantfly   
    Cantfly

As someone who is a big fan of the block, I definitely wouldn't call Rick and Morty the only cohesive show that has aired on [as], but regarding a planned ending I wouldn't be surprised. The show is already giving off some Moral Orel vibes and if it keeps this tempo going then I'm sure we're in for some dark reveals in the future.

For staying warn free for 9 years Wads of dosh For being part of the Recommended Poops of December 2016 For getting 90 5-star ratings Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Thanks for the donation! For completing Super Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards to kick some tail Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos User with Funniest Signatures 2014, 
Best Writer 2014
User with Funniest Signatures 2015 November 2013 - "drake bell power slide" (Overall, Classic) Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 2013
Best Writer 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks YOUTUBE'S NOT ATHLETIC December 2011 - Regular, Classic Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. http://youchew.net/forum/index.php?/page/index.html/_/mediareviews/bad-teacher-review-r384 You've had that down there for quite a while now, haven't you?<br />
<br />
Spreading Lago Love

HerrVarden   
    HerrVarden

I could definitely see an episode dealing with Rick's alcoholism being played up at some point. If not, there's always the rest of the family's issues that can be addressed.

For staying strike free for 5 years. Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For completing Super Mario Galaxy 2 to 100% completion during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during our community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos DE DE DE IS THA ONE! Best Writer 2014, User with Coolest Avatars 2014, Best Image Editor 2014, Best Image Editor 2015, Best Writer 2015 For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year 2013 2013
User with Coolest Signatures 2015 For your first featured article. Harrison Ford Trivia Recursion Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Deaniac   
    Deaniac

The show has already been confirmed for a second season, as if there was a doubt in anyone's mind.

I'm also starting to think that R&M could potentially become this decade's Moral Orel. Although he's not directly on staff, Dino Stamatopolous is co-producing the show a la Starburns Industries, which is neat.

For staying warn free for 9 years For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting in the Bronze donation group For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Best Artist 2014, Best Artist 2015
Best Artist 2016 For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 55 days before it was shut down For winning this year's Ford Trivia Event. Hooray!

bob   
    bob

I really wish it was a week by week adventure series, and hope it doesnt have a season to go until an ending.

It hasnt failed in the realm of character department, but to end the series because they had a predetermined arc seems like a wasted opportunity.

For clearing Super Mario Bros. during our community challenge event. For clearing Sonic 1 during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years User with Funniest Signatures 2014 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year For the category of Best Newcomer.

HerrVarden   
    HerrVarden

I'm not sure if the comparison between Moral Orel and Rick and Morty is that accurate. I certainly see where you can get that, but Rick and Morty seems to have more of an emphasis on the comedy aspect (despite it being dark). Then again, that's how Moral Orel started. I don't want to dismiss the idea because Rick and Morty is more outlandish, but I see it as something a little more "unique". 

Cantfly   
    Cantfly

It's been quite a while since Orel happened though, so I honestly wouldn't hold those words accountable today. A lot of people seem to think Lazzo is this guy who only likes wacky American comedies which isn't the case at all because he's part of the reason why Toonami managed to come back. 

In any case, as much as I love Moral Orel, I'd rather treat Rick and Morty as its own separate entity rather than compare it to a show that took one of the darkest turns in TV history just because the R&M contained some snippets of genuine pathos early on. If it heads in that direction, then good, but I don't want to act as if the show is obligated to deliver that kind of heavy content to me as soon as possible. 

Best Writer 2014
<br />
Spreading Lago Love

Deaniac   
    Deaniac

Hopefully it doesn't become as depressing as Morel Oral. I could easily see future subplots dealing with Morty's family, such as Jerry's disintegrating marriage and more information about Rick's divorced wife/Morty's grandma. Maybe I'm just looking too much into it right now. If the occasional dark undertones stay exactly the way they are, I will be perfectly content with that.

For staying warn free for 9 years For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting in the Bronze donation group For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Best Artist 2014, Best Artist 2015
Best Artist 2016 For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 55 days before it was shut down For winning this year's Ford Trivia Event. Hooray!

zoc   
    zoc

Orel is still one of the most soul-crushingly depressing things I've ever seen in my life.

I don't mind if they attempt something like that with this show, but I'd prefer it if they kept it as its own entity as well.

User with Funniest Signatures 2017 SURE! WHAT'S A BIG SISTER FOR? For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Thanks for the donation Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Congratulations on getting the award you've longed to get for the longest time now! For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years January 2013 - Brain rape/Rape-core Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. For being on the Vanilla forums for 87 days before it was shut down

NAveryW   
    NAveryW

Whoo, I caught up. Love the show. Favorite episode so far is "Anatomy Park".

I see nobody's mentioned yet that late night cable cartoon Rick & Morty is getting better ratings than the NBC lineup including Community. I'm sure that says more about NBC than Rick & Morty but I think it's amusing.

Community's parallel universes episode "Remedial Chaos Theory" got a Hugo nomination for Best Dramatic Presentation (Short Form) in 2012. (Dan Harmon talked about it on Harmontown. Rick & Morty and the new season of Community are both full of callbacks to Harmontown so I recommend trying it if you haven't.) I wonder what chance any given episode of Rick & Morty has for contending in 2014. Every year since 2010 three of the five nominees have always been Doctor Who episodes so potentially from 2014 on the nominations could consist entirely of Doc and Morty. That'd be as funny as it would be boring.

Also, Rick & Morty had a cameo appearance in the most recent episode of Community.

I like Community.

I like Harmontown.

I like Rick & Morty.

'Course Rick & Morty's the cartoon so that's the one that gets all the attention on YouChew.

You watched Masketta Phantasmagoria with Benedetto and Dark Fox. For staying warn free for 9 years For getting 90 5-star ratings Thanks for contributing to that Chewstream. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting 20 awards For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for having 111 5-star ratings on your videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Thrashblade Oelkers Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Best YouTube Pooper 2014 Getting 1st in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 2013, Best Artist 2014, Member with Funniest Posts 2014
Best YouTube Pooper 2016 2013
Best YouTube Pooper 2015

User with Funniest Avatars 2016 April 2013 - "walrusguy where do u get the censorship beep sound effect" (Classic) Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 7 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 225 days before it was shut down He has contributed some articles Interviewed. For winning lucky lottery.

bob   
    bob

Never heard of harmontown

also yeah I have to pretend community is a cartoon in my head because otherwise I dont want to watch it.

For clearing Super Mario Bros. during our community challenge event. For clearing Sonic 1 during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years User with Funniest Signatures 2014 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year For the category of Best Newcomer.