• Announcements

• Whelt

Metroid Game Challenge!   09/03/2017

There's a Metroid game challenge going on now. Check it out in the Games forum!
HotFriedSkadoosh

Rick and Morty

505 replies to this topic

HotFriedSkadoosh   
HotFriedSkadoosh

I'd say it's high time this show got its own thread.

Rick-and-Morty-title-e1374769613692_zps0

Rick and Morty is Adult Swim's newest series, created by Dan Harmon (Community) and Justin Roiland.  It's basically about a 12 year old kid and his inventor grandpa who go on crazy, fucked up adventures during which a bunch of crazy shit happens.

It only premiered a little over a month ago, but this is already shaping up to be one of my all-time favorites, a constant laugh-riot all throughout.  Highly recommended to just about anybody.

Also, if you wanna catch up with the series, episodes can be found here.

The galaxy is at peace Metroid Prime 100% Super Metroid complete Metroid II: Return of Samus under 2 hours Super Metroid early Energy Tank Metroid 100% GOOD Lucky Shaaaaaaaaaat THE WORLD'S LARGEST PAPERWEIGHT Look at this trophy, that you just won! YOU CLOBBAH'D DAT DERE DEEL DOH Sexual Innuendos: The Award Eyelashes! 2009/2010 For having multiple entries for both February & May 2012 with the Recommended YouTube Poops of the Month articles. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Ocarina of Time Master Quest during the community challenge. For completing Link's Awakening during the community challenge. For completing Ocarina of Time with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing Ocarina of Time during the community challenge. For obtaining 50 awards. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. Cashmoney For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange 2015 Contest - STEVE HARVERSE Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For designing the awards used in the Super Mario Challenge. For clearing Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Way to go! For clearing Super Mario Land during the community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing the very hard game of Mario Bros 2 (JPN)/Lost Levels during the community challenge event. Wow! For completing Mario 1-3 & World for the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic 1 during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. HEEEEY IT'S JOE LIGOTTI, THE GUY FROM BOSTON, BABY, THIS IS MY FWUARKIN' CHEWIKI AHDICULL you know him well. Best Artist 2015
User with Funniest Avatars 2017 For having a blog entry featured. "Best Artist" - 2014
Best Image Editor 2016
Best Artist 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Well done! Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Getting 1st in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest For participating in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest Thank you for your patronage! It's yours, my friend! For his winning entry "This Collage Contains Poop" in the Photopoop Contest: Festival Edition Chewbot gives congrats for having 29 videos with a 5 star rating YTP Caricature Booth Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 49 videos May 2012 - Brain rape/Rape-core May 2012 - "AND DAY" (Overall, Regular) Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Gumball Review Congrats, you deserve this! How exciting! CLEVER CHILD Thanks! Cookies good, om nom nom... For winning the cooking contest!
For your art entry in Harrison Ford Trivia 2012!

SuperYoshi   
SuperYoshi

I still need to watch it.  I'm honestly shocked it got made into a series.  Even being on Adult Swim I really, really doubt they can get away with much.

Admittedly part of me is more disappointed that House of Cosbys could've gotten the series treatment instead.

Wads of dosh For staying warn free for 9 years For your immense generosity. Thanks for helping out with the new server Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For having your blog entry featured. 2013, Smartest User 2014, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Smartest User 2015 2013, User with Coolest Avatars 2014, Favorite Staff Member 2014 2013
User with Coolest Signatures - 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years February 2012 - "I'D SAY HE'S HOT ON OUR TAIL" (Overall, Classic) Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 15 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 243 days before it was shut down

bob   
bob

For those who dont know the inspiration behind the show its NSFW and its glorious

http://youtu.be/EbTlK3perdI

by the way the show is great

For clearing Super Mario Bros. during our community challenge event. For clearing Sonic 1 during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years User with Funniest Signatures 2014 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year For the category of Best Newcomer.

zoc   
zoc

Love it.

I need to watch episodes 4 and 5, btw. Left off at the 3rd one.

User with Funniest Signatures 2017 SURE! WHAT'S A BIG SISTER FOR? For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Thanks for the donation Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Congratulations on getting the award you've longed to get for the longest time now! For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years January 2013 - Brain rape/Rape-core Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. For being on the Vanilla forums for 87 days before it was shut down

TyrannosaurusReich   
TyrannosaurusReich

I love the show so far, "M. Night Shym-Aliens" is my favorite episode right now

I heard the new episode deals with rape in kind of a touchy way though, so I'm kind of skeptical about it

yes i realize that's an extremely tumblr thing to say

For writing at least 10,000 words in blog entries For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years HHHUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLKKKKKKK!!! Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 12 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 241 days before it was shut down

bob   
bob

Seeing how the show isnt likely to change directions or genres I dont think theyre going to do something offensive unless youre hoping they do.

For clearing Super Mario Bros. during our community challenge event. For clearing Sonic 1 during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years User with Funniest Signatures 2014 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year For the category of Best Newcomer.

Probo   
Probo

Been wanting to watch this for the past week or so and I just watched the pilot. Funny stuff, will marathon the rest today.

Eat da candy it's a little itchy... For receiving candy during the Valentines Day event! Lucario For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed background card

Designed cards #6, #13-16, #19-20, #25, #29, #31-33, #36-40, #43-47, #50, #52-54, #57, #59, #62, #65, #68, #70-72, #79, #81, #90, #100

Illustrated card #93 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For getting all the standard ornaments Contributing banners for the Halloween and Christmas skins For staying strike free for 7 years. For clearing Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario World during our community challenge event. Fine dined on Norwegian escargot. For clearing Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic 3 & Knuckles & Sonic CD during the community challenge event. Way to go! For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards For taking third place in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest. Congratulations! For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 1st as "Favorite Staff Member" - 2014 Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013, Best Image Editor 2014, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Most Helpful Member 2015
Most Helpful Member 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016 For the categories of Spirit of YouChew, Best Image Editor, and Best Artist, Spirit of YouChew Award 2014, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Favorite Staff Member 2015 Oh yeah that reminds me, I bought 5 of each while awards were down For making the Hulkamania and GreenSwampWarrior banners. Placing #4 in the Wheel Gator Speed Run. Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived. Here's to the start of a wonderful career. Cheers. Congrats on your masterpiece. For winning second place in the Harrison Ford Trivia Contest! Congratulations!

10/31/11 - For coming in 1st in the Halloween costume contest. Your drawing was voted the best!
For drawing an awesome Ford image!

zoc   
zoc

Just finished episode 5.

It was a great episode for Morty; he actually grew some balls and took control of the adventure to a degree, and even punched the shit out of a jellybean, which was awesome. The whole Meeseeks thing was hilarious as well, especially the fight between dozens of them.

User with Funniest Signatures 2017 SURE! WHAT'S A BIG SISTER FOR? For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Thanks for the donation Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Congratulations on getting the award you've longed to get for the longest time now! For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years January 2013 - Brain rape/Rape-core Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. For being on the Vanilla forums for 87 days before it was shut down

Hoipendaddy   
Hoipendaddy
  • Banned
  • This show is absolutely fucking incredible! I've only seen a couple of episodes, though. I need to watch more.

For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Come back when you're a little--oh, there you go! SEYMOUR Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For having a blog entry featured. 2013, User with Funniest Signatures 2014, User with Funniest Avatars 2014, Most Likely to Rule the World 2014, 
Member with Funniest Posts 2014 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year For his Photopoop Entry "The ButFather"

TyrannosaurusReich   
    TyrannosaurusReich

Seeing how the show isnt likely to change directions or genres I dont think theyre going to do something offensive unless youre hoping they do.

the whole rape scene could be offensive to a lot of people though, and hell it can be actually pretty bad for rape victims who can be "triggered" by that sort of thing, tbh I thought the almost-rape scene was pretty disturbing, more than it was funny really

I'm not saying "STOP USING RAPE AS A PLOT POINT!!!" or anything I'm just saying it's kind of something you should keep in mind

but anyway yeah this new episode was great, i love those fucking meeseeks, i kind of want to see a meeseek plushie now

For writing at least 10,000 words in blog entries For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years HHHUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLKKKKKKK!!! Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 12 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 241 days before it was shut down

Cantfly   
    Cantfly

I still want to see them revisit their more vulgar and offensive roots at some point, even if it's just written off as a gag.

The show itself is still great though.

For staying warn free for 9 years Wads of dosh For being part of the Recommended Poops of December 2016 For getting 90 5-star ratings Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Thanks for the donation! For completing Super Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards to kick some tail Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos User with Funniest Signatures 2014, 
Best Writer 2014
User with Funniest Signatures 2015 November 2013 - "drake bell power slide" (Overall, Classic) Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 2013
User with Funniest Avatars - 2015
Best Writer 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks YOUTUBE'S NOT ATHLETIC December 2011 - Regular, Classic Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. http://youchew.net/forum/index.php?/page/index.html/_/mediareviews/bad-teacher-review-r384 You've had that down there for quite a while now, haven't you?<br />
<br />
Spreading Lago Love

SuperYoshi   
    SuperYoshi

I still want to see them revisit their more vulgar and offensive roots at some point, even if it's just written off as a gag.

The show itself is still great though.

The real irony is the fact that Justin Roiland literally made it as a joke because House of Cosbys got cancelled and wanted to make it as vulgar and blatantly copyright infringing as possible to see how quickly it got C&D'd like House of Cosbys, and it ends up getting a TV show.

Wads of dosh For staying warn free for 9 years For your immense generosity. Thanks for helping out with the new server Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For having your blog entry featured. 2013, Smartest User 2014, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Smartest User 2015 2013, User with Coolest Avatars 2014, Favorite Staff Member 2014 2013
User with Coolest Signatures - 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years February 2012 - "I'D SAY HE'S HOT ON OUR TAIL" (Overall, Classic) Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 15 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 243 days before it was shut down

Deaniac   
    Deaniac

So how 'bout last night's episode? You can watch it here if you missed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0dWkeOfTPA

As cool as it was to see Morty lead an adventure this time around, Mr. Meeseeks was easily the highlight, no doubt.

For staying warn free for 9 years For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting in the Bronze donation group For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Best Artist 2014, Best Artist 2015
Best Artist 2016 For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 55 days before it was shut down For winning this year's Ford Trivia Event. Hooray!

Coon   
    Coon

There have definitely been some moments, but so far I can't say the show has been completely laugh-out-loud funny to me. I still find it enjoyable to watch because the stories alone are fantastic. I've also grown to not mind the flash-animation-with-traditional-looking-characters style which kinda turned me off a bit at first. 

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Meeting with Mitch Posting after Dopply

bob   
    bob

I like how a lot of it is witty dialogue instead of outright jokes and gags

I just got caught up and its pretty great. Honestly the pilot and episode 4 may both be my favorite

zoc   
    zoc

You also gotta love how fast-paced it is, which I think congels wonderfully with the wit.

Speaking of which, the lines Jerry has in the pilot are hilarious.

OH LOOK, HONEY, IT'S OUR SON WITH ALBERT EIN-DOUCHE

Jayblin   
    Jayblin

What's with this obsession on the internet lately where if something like this is made, we have to know what Tumblr thinks about it?

We already know what the vocal minority thinks about it, do we have to keep validating ourselves over and over again

For staying warn free for 9 years For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Thanks for the donation! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013, Member with Funniest Posts 2015
Member with Funniest Posts 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years