Deaniac

Normal Boots

916 posts in this topic

Yeah, I loved his pre-season 3 videos, as they provided me with some chuckles (such as Titenic, California Games, and Pokemon Bootlegs), but lately, his season 3 uploads have been going from funny to eh to funny to eh, and some videos from that season I just wouldn't watch more than once. I don't quite like the "artificial sitcom couch" set he has going there in his latest videos, but that wasn't enough to get me to stop watching. The point where he shared his ignorant views... yeah, I am unsure of watching his future videos if he doesn't step up and realize how wrong he is.

However, I will still watch his past videos (especially seasons 1 and 2) from time to time, in a "hey, I remember when he was like this and not like...THAT" type of way, as I still have very fond memories of watching them. I'm using the Disney Bootlegs video, or maybe even the last Starcade (I dunno, Season 3 is my least favorite Jon season so far), as a cutoff point because I'm sure that was the last point in time (production-wise) when he DIDN'T have those views of his (the last video I actually enjoyed was the Dark Dungeons one, a little bit later than both aforementioned "cutoff" videos, so enjoyment isn't a factor as you might think). I still remember such classic lines as "Man, 1910 times were SCARY!!", "Swood this, swood that!" "...Mario CITY SIMULATOR!!", among other sayings, which bring me smiles every time I think of them, even if the person attached to those lines is now.... yeaaahh...

Spoiler

And before you say anything like "oh, you're only watching his past videos because you are white, therefore you would be the least hurt by Jon's words!!", I'm actually half-Japanese and considered a gosei (fifth generation since my ancestors' arrival from Japan to America). Not only that, but my recently-deceased great-grandfather had to fight on the Americans' side in WWII in order to avoid going to an internment camp about half a century ago when racial discrimination against the Japanese was rampant. So Jon's words about mixed race actually did hurt me quite a lot, so this took quite some serious thinking for me to do...

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

Interesting.

I will say, I do kinda agree with Dunkey on the fact that even if they felt they must've removed Jon from the game, they could've been more subtle about it, maybe just an email to him and a tweet or something. They could've not even mentioned it until after the fact, but then people might've lost their shit for hiding the information. Then again, like Dunkey said, it wasn't that well known that Jon was in the game, it's not like there were swathes of people buying it just to hear his angelic voice.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting 20 awards Wads of dosh It's like giving heals to each of your five idiot teammates. Except you never play healer. I do. It's definitely not Hancock loooool For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. User with Funniest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For getting in the Super Silver donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

Playtonic tried to be honest and upfront about it, which kind of backfired because you know how manchildren are. It had a Streisand effect, and more people who didn't even know Jon was in the game became aware and angry about his removal.

I understand their motivation for cutting him, but in their shoes, I would have just left the voice in. It's like four grunts and he voices a talking toilet in a role that was given to him way before any of this happened. No one would think the developers are Nazi sympathizers if they opted to keep that in.

Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Friendliest User 2015, Smartest User 2015
User with Funniest Avatars 2016
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Member with Funniest Posts 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Smartest User 2017
Member with Funniest Posts 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2016
2013 For the categories of Spirit of YouChew and Funniest Posts.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

5 hours ago, Ferg said:

his season 3 uploads have been going from funny to eh to funny to eh

I can agree with that. His Howling II video wasn't nearly as funny as The Spoony One's.

For staying warn free for 9 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years

Looks like it wont be hard for you guys to stop watchjng his videos because he isnt eveen maaking theem anymore

I still love Jon buy yeah his new videos are pretty lame. Dark dungeons was halarious tho

For staying strike free for 3 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

Bump this thread for some new PeanutButterGamer!

For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! Wads of dosh ALL THE LOOOOOVE For collecting all 4 Wonderball items. EYELASHES! For receiving candy during the Valentine's Day event!

For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 5 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For getting all the standard ornaments For completing Super Mario Land 1 & 2 during our community challenge event. For participating in ten successful collaborations You've reached 20 medals. This is now yours! Best Writer 2015 Friendliest User 2014
Friendliest User 2016
Smartest User 2016
Best Writer 2017 Best Writer 2014, User with Coolest Signatures 2014, Best Writer 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Getting 2nd in the 2013 Spooky Poop Halloween contest For participating in the 2013 Spooky Poop Halloween contest For writing 15609 words worth in blog entries. For having a blog entry featured. Cake, etc. etc. Since it's inevitable, this is for the million that I got. I am a Writing Staff! :D

Also, you've done well for my niggaz writing this shit! Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo!

PeanutButterGamer is the first gamer (that I'm aware of, at least) to get his hands on the fabled ARMS!

For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! Wads of dosh ALL THE LOOOOOVE For collecting all 4 Wonderball items. EYELASHES! For receiving candy during the Valentine's Day event!

For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 5 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For getting all the standard ornaments For completing Super Mario Land 1 & 2 during our community challenge event. For participating in ten successful collaborations You've reached 20 medals. This is now yours! Best Writer 2015 Friendliest User 2014
Friendliest User 2016
Smartest User 2016
Best Writer 2017 Best Writer 2014, User with Coolest Signatures 2014, Best Writer 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Getting 2nd in the 2013 Spooky Poop Halloween contest For participating in the 2013 Spooky Poop Halloween contest For writing 15609 words worth in blog entries. For having a blog entry featured. Cake, etc. etc. Since it's inevitable, this is for the million that I got. I am a Writing Staff! :D

Also, you've done well for my niggaz writing this shit! Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo!

I was unaware for a long time that it was actually JonTron who ripped off PeanutButterGamer's style, I was under the assumption for years that it was the other way around. It's kind of funny because while I thought JonTron (within reason) was pretty funny and easy to watch, PeanutButterGamer is a fucking butthole and one of the unfunniest/most awkward/least likable people I've ever seen make youtube videos.

For writing the guest article "What is a Musical Leitmotif and How Do You Use It?" Smartest User 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017 For staying strike free for 7 years. For staying strike free for 1 year. For staying strike free for 3 years. For staying strike free for 5 years. For being on the Vanilla forums for 107 days before it was shut down

I've met PeanutButterGamer in person before via last year's Portland Retro Gaming Expo (or PRGE), and I have to disagree Jim. He was anything but an asshole. In fact, he's a pretty chill guy.

User with Coolest Signatures 2017

User with Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2017 Best Writer 2017 That's how I beat Shaq! ... Wait EYELASHES! For receiving candy during the Valentine's Day event! Lucario For completing The Legend of Zelda during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For getting 20 awards For collecting all the gold cards For completing the original Legend of Zelda during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event For staying strike free for 3 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Testing the IPS 4.0 Update Hey, g-give me a boost Mario. Best Writer 2015
Best Writer 2016 You want it? MMMMMM...it's yours, my friend! Bringing on joestrange8 Share a Coke with YouChew For writing 10330 words worth in blog entries. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 6 videos

I feel the other way around, JonTron was always shit. And PBG was OK.

Wads of dosh For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 20 awards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For staying strike free for 7 years. User with Funniest Signatures 2015 app has become Little "mmm" Richard For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Member with Funniest Posts 2014, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Member with Funniest Posts 2015, Member with Funniest Posts 2016, Member with Funniest Posts 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013 Remained strike-free for 3 years.

I mean "butthole" in the sense that he's unfunny/awkward/etc. He's JonTron but without the certain charisma/charm Jon possess. For someone who 'inspired' Jon, he's more in line with a would-be JonTron clone.

For writing the guest article "What is a Musical Leitmotif and How Do You Use It?" Smartest User 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017 For staying strike free for 7 years. For staying strike free for 1 year. For staying strike free for 3 years. For staying strike free for 5 years. For being on the Vanilla forums for 107 days before it was shut down

But JonTron doesn't have any charm or charisma.

Wads of dosh For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 20 awards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For staying strike free for 7 years. User with Funniest Signatures 2015 app has become Little "mmm" Richard For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Member with Funniest Posts 2014, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Member with Funniest Posts 2015, Member with Funniest Posts 2016, Member with Funniest Posts 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013 Remained strike-free for 3 years.

Maybe you don't find him charming, but you can't deny he has a ton of charisma.

I never minded PBG, but I can only watch him in small bursts because his voice is kind of grating. Well, more than kind of. Anyway, I've been on a strict ProJared diet for the past few months, so I don't really know.

For staying warn free for 9 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Best Writer 2015 Questioning the Triforce of Wisdom's prophecy. mmmmmmmmm Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For having a blog entry featured. 2013, Best Writer 2014
Best Writer 2016 
Best Writer 2017 For meeting Malk at Amoeba. For "GWoNAM Has Not Died Yet" Well done, Link. Well done Link! Are you meen? Because I sure am ha ha ha! Thanks for being strike free. Best overall character in Rabbit's Character Study contest. Good work!