Sign in to follow this  
Naƶmatik

From Software General

251 replies to this topic

Jayblin

Did anyone else try out the cut Bloodborne bosses?

The day this news dropped I immediately booted up my copy to try it out, and was amazed that it actually worked. Having played it all, the cut Moon Presence fight was definitely my favorite part, and I'm nearly heartbroken we never got to legitimately fight that fuckin' thing in the beautifully-incomplete area it's in. I got real Ash Lake vibes from it, which are intense vibes I've been desperately chasing since Dark Souls, so knowing that this was almost in the game hurts.

For staying warn free for 9 years For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Thanks for the donation! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013, Member with Funniest Posts 2015
Member with Funniest Posts 2016
Member with Funniest Posts 2018 Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years

Mashu

From is making a Dark Souls remaster.

I...guess I'll take it! Now if they'd just hehehe you know hahaha make a fucking Demon's Souls remaster/port already

For staying strike free for 7 years. For staying strike free for 5 years. For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For clearing Super Mario Bros., Super Mario World, and Super Mario 64 during our community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for having 40 5-star ratings on your videos For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. January 2015 - "CDI '06" (YTPMV) For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years With an iron fist Press start to begin For participating in the 2013 Spooky Poop Halloween contest Thanks for the donation For your piece on Kraven Manor, all I can say is good job. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year June 2012 - Overall, Brain rape/Rape-core Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

SuperYoshi

We're never seeing Armored Core again are we

Wads of dosh For staying warn free for 9 years For your immense generosity. Thanks for helping out with the new server Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For having your blog entry featured. 2013, Smartest User 2014, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Smartest User 2015 2013, User with Coolest Avatars 2014, Favorite Staff Member 2014 2013
User with Coolest Signatures - 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years February 2012 - "I'D SAY HE'S HOT ON OUR TAIL" (Overall, Classic) Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 15 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 243 days before it was shut down

VGFM

we could always hold out hope that "Shadows Die Twice" will be an original property with original gameplay and not just another Soulsborne game

Spoiler

hahahaha funni joke

For staying strike free for 7 years. For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your contribution to YouChew's favorite Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog episodes. Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

SeductiveBaz

I'm fairly grumpy about the Dark Souls 1 Remaster because I fully expect it to just be a cheap port that just pretends the second half of the game wasn't left as a horrible unfinished mess the first time round. I think it's a testament to how much I like the original that I've played it through it so many times despite its latter half being so bad, and I've always felt pretty forgiving towards it because I know the development was rushed and they just didn't get to properly finish those last areas. But to remaster it and not fix any of that would just piss me off, and I'd love to be proven wrong come May 25th, but with... everything about DSIII being the way it was, I'm just pretty pessimistic.

Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Member with Funniest Posts 2017
Member with Funniest Posts 2018 For staying warn free for 9 years For getting 20 awards For completing Super Mario Bros. during our community challenge event. For clearing Sonic 2 during the community challenge event. August 2014 - "Seductive Haz Been" (Brain rape/Rape-core) Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013, Member with Funniest Posts 2014, Member with Funniest Posts 2015, Member with Funniest Posts 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For the category of Funniest Avatars.
User with Funniest Avatars 2014 March 2012 - Overall, Brain rape/Rape-core Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 246 days before it was shut down Da I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THIS IS FOR! Ten. Five. 100% pink man For servicing all of us. Ribbit fuckin' Ribbit! For giving me a treat. Purr.

SuperYoshi

I heard the Dark Souls 1 remaster was basically rebuilt using the DS3 engine.  I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing since I've only played Demon's Souls, Dark Souls 1, and Bloodborne, but it at least shows that it's not just a cheap hack job like the Dark Souls 1 PC port was.

I'm honestly shocked we haven't seen a remaster of Demon's Souls on PS4 yet.

But I just want my fucking Armored Core.

Wads of dosh For staying warn free for 9 years For your immense generosity. Thanks for helping out with the new server Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For having your blog entry featured. 2013, Smartest User 2014, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Smartest User 2015 2013, User with Coolest Avatars 2014, Favorite Staff Member 2014 2013
User with Coolest Signatures - 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years February 2012 - "I'D SAY HE'S HOT ON OUR TAIL" (Overall, Classic) Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 15 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 243 days before it was shut down

Cantfly

It's cool that this remaster is happening, but I'll probably pass. Only game of this type that I actually attempted was Bloodborne, and I got to a point where I was just wandering about aimlessly with no idea how to really progress in a way that didn't involve grinding in order to ensure I didn't lose a ton of progress from out of nowhere. Not sure if the layout of Dark Souls 1 is any different but I think at the end of the day these games just aren't for me. 

Metroid: Samus Returns 100% For staying warn free for 9 years Wads of dosh For being part of the Recommended Poops of December 2016 For getting 90 5-star ratings Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Thanks for the donation! For completing Super Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards to kick some tail Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos User with Funniest Signatures 2014, 
Best Writer 2014
User with Funniest Signatures 2015 November 2013 - "drake bell power slide" (Overall, Classic) Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 2013
User with Funniest Avatars - 2015
Best Writer 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks YOUTUBE'S NOT ATHLETIC December 2011 - Regular, Classic Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. http://youchew.net/forum/index.php?/page/index.html/_/mediareviews/bad-teacher-review-r384 You've had that down there for quite a while now, haven't you?<br />
<br />
Spreading Lago Love

P-Dash

Once I beat Bloodborne, I lost all desire to replay it or any other souls game.

Best Improving Artist 2018 Super Metroid complete Super Metroid early Reserve Tank Metroid Prime 100% For staying strike free for 7 years. For collecting all the silver cards Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For collecting all the bronze cards Chewbot gives congrats for having 40 5-star ratings on your videos Nice Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years and stronger, too Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years October 2012 - Overall October 2012 - "Dragin' Ballz 2 : The Collectable Card Game Killing Spree " (Sentence mix-core) Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

Biodegradable

I've started playing Dark Souls 2 after finishing the first one two years ago and goddamn do I suddenly remember why it's taken me this long to crack into the second one: I constantly lose my shit when I play these bloody games. I look back at the 100 hours I've sunk into the first one and I can't for the life of me remember a point in which I was playing where I was actually having any fun. 2 hours into DS II and I'm already fed up with how fucking tedious the cycle of dying constantly really is. I mean feel free to call me a wanker who needs to "git gud" but for the life of me I really don't see myself having any fun with this one either. I guess I'm just not cut-out for this style of gaming as the perpetual punishment doesn't encourage me to keep playing, instead it just makes me angrier and angrier to the point where I'm swearing like a sailor and hurling my controller across the room.

I really want to like Dark Souls, but I just don't think I have the temperament for it. I've learnt a long time ago to step away from games that only seem to piss me off me because when you're playing something that only makes you angry the entire time, then it's no longer a game but an endurance test. Bare in mind, I'm fine with a game giving me a challenge, but fuck me if I'm having no fun at all, is it even worth playing it? I'll keep trying for a bit longer, I guess but I really don't see myself finishing this one.

For reaching this poop milestone. Having 40 5-star ratings on your videos YOU'RE YELLOW BWAAAH! GO and KILL! Submitting 100 videos to the Video System User with Coolest Avatars 2017
Friendliest User 2017
Smartest User 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Best Improving Artist 2018
Most Helpful Member 2018
Smartest User 2018
Best Writer 2018
Spirit of YouChew Award 2018
Friendliest User 2018
Most Likely to Rule the World 2018
Best Image Editor 2018 For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For receiving a candy heart during the Valentine's Day event! For getting 20 awards For meeting LaVie CestLol and ravinrabbid123 For participating in the Youtube Poop Secret Santa event of 2016 For taking 1st Place in the 2016 Spooky Poop Contest! Congrats! For participating in the 2016 Spooky Poop Contest I can do it, I can do it 10 times. For staying strike free for 1 year. For The Angry Grandpa Collab. For being a part of the Recommended YouTube Poops of May 2016.

and August 2017

and December 2017

and May 2018 FIVE! FIVE TENNIS MATCHES! HA HA HA HA!! Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Hey, gimme a boost, Mario. For collecting all the silver cards Best Tenniser 2016
User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2016
Friendliest User 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
Best Image Editor 2017
User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2017
Best YouTube Pooper 2017 Best Newcomer 2016
Best Writer 2016
Best Tenniser 2017
Best Writer 2017
User with Coolest Signatures 2017
Spirit of YouChew 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2018
Best YouTube Pooper 2018
Best Tenniser 2018 For collecting all the bronze cards Top 10 Videos of Dec 2015 (Regular)
Top 10 Videos of June 2017 (Regular) Top 10 Videos of Dec 2015 / Top 10 Videos of Jan 2016 / Top 10 Videos of Mar 2016 / Top 10 Videos of Mar 2017 / Top 10 Videos of June 2017 Congratulations on your first ever Writing Staff article, my friend! :) Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

VGFM

Well, part of the issue could be that Dark Souls 2 is generally regarded as a more frustrating experience than Dark Souls 1.

Still, as much as I like the Souls games I will say that they're not for everyone.  If you're not having any fun and not finding the experience rewarding or compelling in any way then there's no point in playing it.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your contribution to YouChew's favorite Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog episodes. Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

Robotic

I've got a lot of questions about Sekiro, but the trailer being almost entirely gameplay was pretty encouraging. It looks waaaay faster than even Bloodborne.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

trepmaws

I get ya, @Biodegradable. I respect these games, I like watching and talking about them, but my own short-lived attempts at playing DS3 and Bloodborne were just chores I had no love enduring when the controller was actually in my hands. Kinda felt right away I should maybe stop when I finally got past Iudex Gundyr, and instead of feeling like "FUCK YES, I DID IT," my reaction was "fuck me, that was just the tutorial boss..." And then some nameless NPC with a lumberjack saw killed me multiple times while I'm trying to hup-BLAH swing my weapon like a drunken, anemic 2 year-old and I realized I should probably just stick to being a spectator of these games, in the interest of my mental well-being.

Again, I like watching other people play a good soulslike, and I actually loved the crap out of what I played of Nioh (which sped up the combat just enough and added enough other twists on the experience that I could meet it in the middle), it's just that From's particular take on combat simply does not click with me, as much as I wish it did.

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying warn free for 9 years Posted Nep Nep hentai For staying strike free for 7 years. For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Meeting MycroProcessor Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years ROBOT BUNNY BOOBS Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Here's to another 4 years before anyone else gets it hooray!