• LiveStream Banner

Now Playing: Donkey Kong Country
    Next: ???

Special Note: The original Livestream channel cannot be accessed at this time. Other services such as rabb.it are being explored to continue streaming.

Sign in to follow this  
Naƶmatik

From Software General

251 replies to this topic

RedLuigi

Fuck Heide's Tower of Flame, holy shit. The greatsword guys are such a bitch to dodge, and they can practically kill me in two hits. I mean I'm glad the game is still hard and all but God damn this is frustrating.

For staying warn free for 9 years For staying strike free for 7 years. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years For Ohayocon! Ohaaaaaayo! *Robotnik music* You've GOT a little penis... Strrrriiiike free. For Lucky Lottery.

Jayblin

So it's not just me then. Those are the only enemies that kill me nearly every time. It feels like they significantly toned down the invincibility frames in the rolls, because I'm finding myself getting hit by stuff I'm sure I would've dodged all the time in Dark Souls. I've already killed 3 bosses, and I've still died more to the greatsword guys.

Is it me, or is there a little input delay sometimes? Like, I'll be circle-strafing an enemy and I'll lower my shield for a second to regenerate my stamina, and when the enemy attacks and I need my shield back pronto, my shield comes back just a little after I press the button and I get hit. Either that, or the animation is slower or something.

Still a really fun game so far, though.

For staying warn free for 9 years For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Thanks for the donation! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013, Member with Funniest Posts 2015
Member with Funniest Posts 2016
Member with Funniest Posts 2018 Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years

Phoenon

Your shield just comes up slower, I believe raising your Adaptability stat helps you to raise your shield faster as well as increases rolling i-frames.

For staying warn free for 9 years User with Funniest Signatures 2015 Coming in 2nd in the Super Smash Smackdown! for Youchew&Wii U Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years May 2014 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 233 days before it was shut down Placing #2 in the Wheel Gator Speed Run. You're now certified potty trained. Go get 'em tiger.

Robotic

Story/lore wise, how is the game? Don't spoil it or anything, but do you think it matches DS1 so far?

For staying strike free for 7 years. For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

RedLuigi

It seems that they've scrapped all the other kingdoms from the first game and came up with new ones. There's some interesting things with Lordran and their involvement in this new land, but places like Catarina or Vinheim have yet to be mentioned where I am in the game now. (Which isn't very far at all, granted.) Story wise it's a little similar, someone seemingly important wants you to save the land from ruin by killing ancient beings with powerful souls. I've yet to see any characters with a side-story going on though.

Also I just learned that after you kill an enemy ten times they stop spawning. Forever. Apparently they wanted to cut down on farming but removing the enemy entirely is just stupid. They couldn't have made it so they just stop giving souls or dropping items after a while? I really hope they patch this out.

For staying warn free for 9 years For staying strike free for 7 years. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years For Ohayocon! Ohaaaaaayo! *Robotnik music* You've GOT a little penis... Strrrriiiike free. For Lucky Lottery.

Jayblin

I've been seeing a lot of in-game messages pointing out Illusory walls with tons of ratings, except when I hit them nothing happens. I've beaten 9 bosses so far, and I've only opened one wall so far, and I know for a fact that there's a wall in this area I'm in, because behind one of them I can hear a crystal lizard and there's absolutely nothing else left in the room. Is there an item you're supposed to be using or something?

For staying warn free for 9 years For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Thanks for the donation! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013, Member with Funniest Posts 2015
Member with Funniest Posts 2018 Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years

RedLuigi

Is there a slot for a Pharros' Lockstone anywhere and have you been using the Guidance Miracle?

Jayblin

I've got a feeling you're talking about the Pharros' Lockstone item, and unfortunately those only work on certain slots and illuminate special Illusory walls. There's this spot right after the

Ruin Sentinel

boss where you can hear some jingling by a wall and I see several messages saying "illusory wall" here, but hitting it with weapons does nothing.

There aren't any Lockstone slots here, and I haven't used a single magic spell or miracle yet. I'm trying not to use any kind of magic for my first playthrough, but if I absolutely need a Miracle or something, then I guess I can make an exception. And no, I don't have the Guidance Miracle, if that's the one I need.

Edit: Okay, so the jingling I'm hearing is from an enemy you find later throughout the level, but my point still stands. I just think it's crazy that I've gotten this far and after hitting every suspicious looking spot I've only found one Illusory wall so far. Are they just that well hidden this time around?

Edited by Jayblin

Naƶmatik

Oh my god fuck the Sentinels

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years You outstanding achievement in achievement!

Jayblin

Okay, so apparently in order to open Illusory walls now, you're supposed to just press X when you're in front of them, even though there's no button prompt and nothing tells you that. No hitting required. Or maybe some do, I don't know.

Goddamn, I can't even imagine how many of these things I've missed already.

RedLuigi

Okay, if anyone is curious about what possibly happened to all the other lands from DaS1, read the DaS1 Lingering Dragoncrest Ring's description, and then read the DaS2 description of the same ring.

Really puts into perspective just how much time has passed between games.

Jayblin

I beat it! I think I might've missed a boss or two, and I definitely gave up on doing the Pilgrims of Dark Covenant (which breaks my heart, because it's the only way to get the Xanthous armor set), but for the most part I'm satisfied with my first run. I don't remember dying more than ten times to any boss like I always did in the last game, and even with the abundance of bonfires I still think the game is overall more difficult than Dark Souls.

Other than the mandatory Covenant invasion areas (fuck the Rat covenant) I was honestly only invaded one time. I think that can be attributed to the limited number of cracked red eye orbs, which sucks if you like PVP, but was no skin off my nose because I'm only here for the PVE and co-op. I hear invasions are far more frequent in New Game+ because Soul Memory doesn't affect anything anymore and you can get unlimited Red eye orbs from someone, so while it's not totally ruined, it's still not ideal. It sucks because it makes the Blue Sentinels and Way of Blue covenants useless in New Game, which solely depend on WoB members being invaded and Blue Sentinels coming to their aid, and because Red eye orbs are limited, nobody ever wants to invade, meaning WoB are never in danger and Blue Sentinels have nobody to protect. Kinda dropped the ball there, From.

Throughout the first third of my playthrough I mostly focused on using heavy armor and the greatsword like I did in Dark Souls, but after missing around with powerstances of different weapons, I fell in love with dual-wielding Caestus', and I did the rest of my playthrough with them. Holy shit, they're everything I wished they were in Dark Souls and more; the perfect fit for my Strength and Dexterity character. I actually haven't messed with more than 4 or 5 weapons throughout my entire run, so I'll probably experiment a little more when I start New Game+ soon... but man, I don't wanna give up my dual +10 Caestus' just yet. Going God Hand on every enemy for tons of damage and rolling away from attacks is seriously too much fun.

I think I might just like this game more than Dark Souls.

RedLuigi

FUCK the Ruin Sentinels

I'm not exaggerating when I say it felt like it took more than sixty tries, but I did it. Bulk and Skull got nothing on those fuckers.

I tried rolling and dodging my way through with dual swords but it was so fucking frustrating and I died SO MANY times I had to switch to a shield and of course I beat them on like my fifth try after that. Looks like I'm gonna have to do the same thing with The Lost Sinner which sucks because I really wanted to have a more agile character focused solely on rolling and dodging for this game, but the way they changed rolling really trips me up and I can't seem to get a handle on it.

Jayblin

I found that having my ADP at at least 20 may have improved my rolls and dodging. Maybe it's a placebo effect or not, but I definitely feel I've been dodging much better with it leveled up a little bit. I think the most frustrating part about the Sentinels isn't the fact that there are three, but that ridiculous LET'S BEEEEYBLAAAAADE spinning attack that I have no idea how to dodge. Only God knows how many fucking times I died to that move alone. Of the times I went to that fight shieldless, the second I saw even one of them do that automatically meant that I was going to die, no questions asked, and when I did bring a shield, all my stamina would be destroyed and then the other Sentinel would do it and fuck me over. If they didn't have that move I'm sure I wouldn't have lost to them as many times as I did.

So today I managed to complete the Pilgrims of Dark Covenant and now I finally got the shitty Xanthous set I've been dying to have since day 1! Let me just say, even though I'm happy I finally completed it and I've got my dumbass bloody yellow dildo hat, I'm positive I'm never doing it again in any more of my playthroughs, because holy shit what an annoying covenant. It was an absolute nightmare as a pure melee build, and I'm sure I've lowered my overall lifespan by a few years because of how damn mad I was the last couple hours. Fuck all of that.

Phoenon

NzwxjiV.jpg

Also, the entire Drangleic Set is the Drake Sword of DS2, it's better than ANYTHING you can get at that point for a large majority of the game.

For staying warn free for 9 years User with Funniest Signatures 2015 Coming in 2nd in the Super Smash Smackdown! for Youchew&Wii U Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years May 2014 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 233 days before it was shut down Placing #2 in the Wheel Gator Speed Run. You're now certified potty trained. Go get 'em tiger.

Melongod
  • Banned
  • Maxed of my Blood covenant. Thats alotta kills.

2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

The annoying bird

Also, the entire Drangleic Set is the Drake Sword of DS2, it's better than ANYTHING you can get at that point for a large majority of the game.

Yeah, I noticed the equip load penalties don't make much of a difference in this game. Still, I play a sorcerer so I value having a fast roll instead of having tank force and defence. 

For staying warn free for 9 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For being on the Vanilla forums for 204 days before it was shut down