Sign in to follow this  
Naƶmatik

From Software General

247 replies to this topic

Phoenon

The roll is fine for me as long as your equip load doesn't go over 69.9%.

For staying warn free for 9 years User with Funniest Signatures 2015 Coming in 2nd in the Super Smash Smackdown! for Youchew&Wii U Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years May 2014 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 233 days before it was shut down Placing #2 in the Wheel Gator Speed Run. You're now certified potty trained. Go get 'em tiger.

Jayblin

Whoa, with the new update today the Shrine of Amana is ridiculously easy now. They made the casters' magic incredibly easy to dodge, which I think is silly when instead of making the magic tracking really shitty, they should've just nerfed their fuck-huge range instead. They still attack from miles away, but now all you have to do is walk out of the way and the magic misses you by a mile. Well, at least it's no longer a nightmare for my melee characters, but still.

If there's anything they could've nerfed, it should've been those insane mace knights from Dragon's Aerie that never fucking stop attacking. Those guys are bullshit if you aren't a magic user.

For staying warn free for 9 years For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Thanks for the donation! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013, Member with Funniest Posts 2015
Member with Funniest Posts 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years

Jayblin

He still says he likes it in the first couple minutes, but now after I've spent almost 200+ hours on the game I've definitely calmed down and realized Dark Souls is actually better and I'm with him on most of his points. I totally agree with how dumb the level layouts are; the walk from Majula to Heide's is really stupid because all you do is go down some stairs and a little sewer and when you get to Heide's and look back, Majula is suddenly miles away. The windmill in Earthen Peak is the dumbest puzzle I've ever seen in any of the DeS/DaS games. The "record-spinning" swivel-attack the enemies do when you try getting around them looks silly and is incredibly cheap. The ogres in particular are bullshit with their huge-ass, magnetic one-shot-kill hit-box windows. NPC's and their stories just don't compare in any way to stuff like Solaire and his quest for his Sun, Siegmeyer and Sieglinde's "reunion", Rhea's pilgrimmage and Petrus' deceit, or Lautrec in general. There are actually one-per-playthrough enemies with unique armor sets and no guaranteed drops that force you to restart over and over again if, God forbid, you want their weapon/armor. Not once during the game did I feel the sense of awe I had when I accidentally found Ash Lake or had as nice of an atmosphere. There aren't any really cool optional areas like the Painting of Ariamis where you have to go way out of your way to find, which was the most disappointing to me.

In spite of all of that, it's still a good game, just a disappointing sequel. Honestly, it's more Dark Souls, and that's all I wanted. I got plenty of play-time from the game and don't regret my purchase, but if you absolutely loved Dark Souls, maybe wait for the price to come down a little bit.

For staying warn free for 9 years For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Thanks for the donation! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013, Member with Funniest Posts 2015
Member with Funniest Posts 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years

Life

So I know I'm late to the party, but I started playing the first Dark Souls a couple of weeks ago. I found the beginning to be kind of slow (almost boring really), but by the time I got to the first Belltower I was hooked and have been playing it a ton in the past couple of days. I just beat the Four Kings and am gonna go for the Catacombs next.

For anyone that played a lot of the first game, I'm looking for some tips on the best fire/lightning/divine/etc types of weapons since I'm going for all the achievements of maxing out each weapon type. I've been using nothing but the Black Knight Halberd since I got a lucky drop off the Darkroot Basin BK, but I would like to mix it up and see if I can find another weapon that can match it.

Wads of dosh Super Metroid complete Super Metroid Wave Beam early For staying strike free for 5 years. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For getting 20 awards For staying strike free for 3 years. For participating in the Mario Party 2 Netplay Tournament! Know what I mean? Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For beating Super Mario Galaxy to 100% completion during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during our community challenge event. For finishing second place during the YouChew Mario Madness Mario Kart 8 tournament! For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Testing the IPS 4.0 Update For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. Given for putting on the excellent Smash Bros Smackdown online tournaments, complete with prizes. Great work, we thank you for contributing to and pulling together the community! Coming in 1st in the Super Smash Tourney: Double Trouble! for Wii Uchew Thank you so much for your patronage. mmmmmmmmm Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Thanks a lot for the donation Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Robotic

Having played only a little bit of 2 so far, I can already tell it'll satisfy my hunger for new DaS content, and that's better than nothing.

For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

MetalSocks240

That would've been so much funnier without the commentary and the ending.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 7 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 243 days before it was shut down For posting at the end of the Gen Chat thread!
For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week.

Robotic

So I'm noticing how little souls actually matter in DaS2. You get them so easily in this game, and everything is cheaper to boot.

For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

Life

Recently 100% Dark Souls' achievements. Definitely one of the most satisfying completions I've gotten, even though it was a little bit annoying I had to run through half of a third playthrough to get a third Sif soul for the last rare weapon.

Wads of dosh Super Metroid complete Super Metroid Wave Beam early For staying strike free for 5 years. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For getting 20 awards For staying strike free for 3 years. For participating in the Mario Party 2 Netplay Tournament! Know what I mean? Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For beating Super Mario Galaxy to 100% completion during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during our community challenge event. For finishing second place during the YouChew Mario Madness Mario Kart 8 tournament! For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Testing the IPS 4.0 Update For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. Given for putting on the excellent Smash Bros Smackdown online tournaments, complete with prizes. Great work, we thank you for contributing to and pulling together the community! Coming in 1st in the Super Smash Tourney: Double Trouble! for Wii Uchew Thank you so much for your patronage. mmmmmmmmm Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Thanks a lot for the donation Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

kingplatypus

I'm renting Dark Souls for a few days and I'm really surprised by how much I like it. I've been going through the beginning area repeatedly after dying and just inching my way forward, and it's still fun each time I do it.

For staying warn free for 9 years For getting in the Bronze Tier donation group For getting 20 awards For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For clearing Super Mario Sunshine during our community challenge event & placing 5th in our Mario Madness Mario Kart 8 tournament. For clearing Super Mario Galaxy to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic 3 & Knuckles during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. For completing the Chao Race challenge during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For participating in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest For having your blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 68 days before it was shut down Here you go! For unique dedication to the... rabbit... girl scorpion things. Oh look, what clever users. Kingplatypus: Bulletproof.

Mashu

Okay, so, really really stupid question, but is the little area you unlock once you use the Crest Key in the forest some sort of PvP area? All the enemies I've encountered there are human and just act, I dunno, human-like. I haven't found anything online about it which makes me believe that it's just the same as the rest of the game, but still, feels weird.

For staying strike free for 5 years. For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For clearing Super Mario Bros., Super Mario World, and Super Mario 64 during our community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for having 40 5-star ratings on your videos For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. January 2015 - "CDI '06" (YTPMV) For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years With an iron fist Press start to begin For participating in the 2013 Spooky Poop Halloween contest Thanks for the donation For your piece on Kraven Manor, all I can say is good job. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year June 2012 - Overall, Brain rape/Rape-core Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Whelt

I kinda want to try Dark Souls. It's one of the most popular and well-received games of the decade, for sure. It's interesting to see this kind of game coming from a Japanese developer. Maybe I'll get it during the next Steam sale.

...I just realized there's a weekend deal for the game going on right now. Hrrng. I have other games I want to get through first, but I do want it. What do.

The galaxy is at peace Metroid: Samus Returns 100% Metroid Fusion complete Metroid Prime 2 100% Metroid: Zero Mission early Varia Suit and Screw Attack Metroid: Zero Mission under 2 hours Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Friendliest User 2015, Smartest User 2015
User with Funniest Avatars 2016
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Member with Funniest Posts 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Smartest User 2017
Member with Funniest Posts 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2016
2013 For the categories of Spirit of YouChew and Funniest Posts.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

Mashu

I kinda want to try Dark Souls. It's one of the most popular and well-received games of the decade, for sure. It's interesting to see this kind of game coming from a Japanese developer. Maybe I'll get it during the next Steam sale.

...I just realized there's a weekend deal for the game going on right now. Hrrng. I have other games I want to get through first, but I do want it. What do.

I'm obviously not the most knowledgeable on it since I'm only 15 hours in, but I highly recommend it. The combat plays fantastically despite maybe a few cheap invincibility frames. It requires the player to be patient, so just running in and blindly swinging your sword at enemies is going to get you killed very quickly. Despite being called "one of the hardest games ever made", however, it's not too hard. I've played plenty of old NES games that are much more brutal than it. Rather, Dark Souls from what I've seen is more challenging than hard. It reminds me of a tough but fair father. Sure, he isn't going to be completely lovey-dovey around you, as he's doing his part to man you up, but he does that because he loves you. He does that because he expects great things from you. It's a melodramatic metaphor, but it's surprisingly accurate.

Outside of the challenge factor, Dark Souls is an awfully beautiful game. The atmosphere prevailing throughout the game is consistently breathtaking and fits the mood wherever you are. Huge landscapes feel huge. Cramped caves always have that feeling that something's out there, waiting to just jump out at you behind a corner (and there are!). The forests in the game feel eerily dark and rank. Even better than the atmosphere is actually exploring the place. I've occasionally given a peek at some guides for places I've already cleared, and seen plenty of stuff I never even thought to look for on my first travel there. It's crazy how much detail is put into the level design of each area.

If you get it, though, I recommend getting some mods for it. Nothing that drastically changes the gameplay of course, but a few good ones are DSFix (allows you to force the game to render at high resolutions), DSMFix (makes using a mouse much easier), and maybe a texture mod; I've got one called the Lowest Common Denominator, which just enhances the lowest quality textures in the game.

For staying strike free for 5 years. For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For clearing Super Mario Bros., Super Mario World, and Super Mario 64 during our community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for having 40 5-star ratings on your videos For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. January 2015 - "CDI '06" (YTPMV) For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years With an iron fist Press start to begin For participating in the 2013 Spooky Poop Halloween contest Thanks for the donation For your piece on Kraven Manor, all I can say is good job. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year June 2012 - Overall, Brain rape/Rape-core Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Robotic

Okay, so, really really stupid question, but is the little area you unlock once you use the Crest Key in the forest some sort of PvP area? All the enemies I've encountered there are human and just act, I dunno, human-like. I haven't found anything online about it which makes me believe that it's just the same as the rest of the game, but still, feels weird.

There are some human enemy NPC's there, but there's also a covenant people can join that allows them to defend the forest. So yes, it's a PVP area.

Also, Whelt, I can't recommend Dark Souls enough. It's the best game.

SeductiveBaz

I was looking forward to trying things like that but during my whole first playthrough of Dark Souls 2 I was only invaded twice. And the second time they invaded just as I was in the middle of falling off a cliff. I don't know if it's due to the whole Soul Memory thing or what but it was disappointing.

Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Member with Funniest Posts 2017 For staying warn free for 9 years For getting 20 awards For completing Super Mario Bros. during our community challenge event. For clearing Sonic 2 during the community challenge event. August 2014 - "Seductive Haz Been" (Brain rape/Rape-core) Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013, Member with Funniest Posts 2014, Member with Funniest Posts 2015, Member with Funniest Posts 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For the category of Funniest Avatars.
User with Funniest Avatars 2014 March 2012 - Overall, Brain rape/Rape-core Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 246 days before it was shut down Da I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THIS IS FOR! Ten. Five. 100% pink man For servicing all of us. Ribbit fuckin' Ribbit! For giving me a treat. Purr.