TheOneManBoxOffice

Last game you've beaten

894 replies to this topic

Ozarhok

Here's a bunch of backlog games I haven't got around to posting in this topic:

Goemon's Great Adventure

The last time I played this was over 17 years ago, not nearly as enjoyable as I remembered. Though the first time I played it was 2-Player with my brother, no doubt that has something to do with it. I only collected the amount of passes needed to beat the game, some of the side quests were too annoying and time consuming.

Wario Blast

I was able to beat this the same night I finished Goemon's Great Adventure. I thought getting new abilities after every boss was a neat idea, though I don't know if this is an original idea as this is the only "classic" stlye Bomberman game I've played.

Hollow Knight

Out of all the game in my backlog I've done this year, this was one of the most enjoyable ones. I had a bit of trouble initially getting into it, but once I opened up enough areas, it became as good as some of the best Metroids, though I don't know if it would hold up as well on a second playthrough.

Diddy Kong Racing(a.k.a. not-Muppet RaceMania)

Only did the main game, doing Adventure 2 would be too taxing on my patience. I mainly used Conker after spending the first two worlds figuring out who "clicked" with me, though I did use Pipsy for some of the harder car-based Silver Coin challenges.

I wanted to 100% Mega Man Battle Network 4: Blue Moon before starting Diddy Kong Racing, but my Red Sun version had it's data corrupted and won't even save anymore. I need to transfer some battlechips before restarting my Blue Moon playthrough, so it's going to be a while before I start it. I'd buy another Red Sun right now if I wasn't currently saving up.

For staying strike free for 7 years. The galaxy is at peace Metroid Prime early Ice Beam, Plasma Beam, and Power Bombs Metroid Fusion complete Super Metroid under 2 hours Metroid: Zero Mission 100% Metroid Prime 100% I chew chew chewse you! That's a lot of love!

For collecting all 45 unique candy hearts. *suggestive wave* EAT IT For getting 20 awards For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages during the community challenge. For completing Adventure of Link during the community challenge. For completing Majora's Mask with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing Majora's Mask during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For staying strike free for 5 years. For winning the Mario Party 2 Netplay Tournament. Know what I mean? For clearing Mario 2: The Lost Levels during the community challenge event. For clearing Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door during the community challenge event. For clearing all of the games required for this prestigious award! Good work! Wow! For clearing Mario 1-3 & World during the community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario Galaxy 2 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario Sunshine 100% during a community challenge event. E3 2015 Bingo For clearing Sonic 3 & Knuckles during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. can fire in spurts Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Mmmmm...richer!

GSgiraffes

I beat Dungeon of the Endless for the nth time, but in the Armory Pod, which got me the 2.8% Guns 'n Glory achievement.

Hey, gimme a boost, Mario! Hey. You should have this again! For staying strike free for 1 year. For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! 

For being a part of the Recommended YouTube Poops of August 2017 Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Submitting 5 videos to the Video System Top 10 Videos of Jul 2016 (YTPMV)

ReakMayhem

Crash Bandicoot (N-Sane Triology)

It would take some real balls to 100% this game (including the new Relic challenges). I'll just stick to 100%-ing Crash 2 & 3 first before I tear my hair out.

For being a part of the Recommended YouTube Poops of July 2017 For staying strike free for 3 years. For participating in 10 successful collabs! For the 2010s Collab! Great job! For the 2010s Collab! For the 2010s Collab! For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the 2015 YouTube Poop Secret Santa Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year January 2015 - Sentence mix-core For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

G ☆

Condemned: Criminal Origins

Pretty good horror game with some solid melee combat, though the story, while not bad, is a little iffy to me. While it didn't quite blow me away, it's still probably one of the only horror games I'd recommend.

Guess. User with Funniest Avatars 2017 That's a lot of love! For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards DIABEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EYELASHES For getting 20 awards For staying strike free for 5 years. Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For collecting all the silver cards. For completing Twilight Princess with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario Galaxy 2 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For completing SMB2: The Lost Levels (GBC version, 'For Super Players') during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Bros during the community challenge event. E3 Bingo 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 For referring Shinybeedrill and Lord of the Cats to YouChew. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

VentXekart
On 8/16/2017 at 4:31 PM, GSgiraffes said:

I beat Dungeon of the Endless for the nth time, but in the Armory Pod, which got me the 2.8% Guns 'n Glory achievement.

I end up getting my ass kicked a lot but I did manage to win that game once with either the organic or escape pod. Don't remember which to be honest.

OT:

Risk Of Rain

Managed to barely make it to the end as HAND-E on normal.

For having a blog featured For staying strike free for 3 years. Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Many doors, yes? Richard Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

NKpower

Sonic Mania: Got through the game as Sonic/Tails, got only five chaos emeralds, and got the bad ending just as I predicted. It's a rather good game, and I'm thinking about playing it again and try to get the good ending this time.

for organizing 5 successful collabs! For being part of the Recommended Poops of January & February 2017

and March 2017 For getting 90 5-star ratings IT'S GOT YOU WRITTEN ALL OVER IT! For getting 20 awards TINY TENNIS RACKETS For participating in the Youtube Poop Secret Santa event of 2016 +5 upvote status update within my unusual time frame. Sorry NKpower, I can't give credit. For participating in the 2016 Ghostly Art Contest For staying strike free for 1 year. Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For the WarioWare collab! Wah! Having 40 5-star ratings on your videos For collecting all the silver cards Best Newcomer 2016
Best YouTube Pooper 2016
User with Coolest Signatures 2016
User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2016
User with Coolest Avatars 2017
User with Coolest Signatures 2017
Best YouTube Pooper 2017 For collecting all the bronze cards Top 10 Videos of Feb 2016 / Top 10 Videos of Feb 2016 (Regular) Top 10 Videos of Jan 2016 For participating in ten successful collabs! For the VHS collab For the VHS collab Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

Ozarhok

Mega Man Legends

I'm learning this game for a speedrun marathon I'm going to next month. Here's the time from my first run after actually learning the game:

0aFJQ53.png

EDIT: Had so much fun with it I did another run right after

v5k1KYT.png

For staying strike free for 7 years. The galaxy is at peace Metroid Prime early Ice Beam, Plasma Beam, and Power Bombs Metroid Fusion complete Super Metroid under 2 hours Metroid: Zero Mission 100% Metroid Prime 100% I chew chew chewse you! That's a lot of love!

For collecting all 45 unique candy hearts. *suggestive wave* EAT IT For getting 20 awards For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages during the community challenge. For completing Adventure of Link during the community challenge. For completing Majora's Mask with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing Majora's Mask during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For staying strike free for 5 years. For winning the Mario Party 2 Netplay Tournament. Know what I mean? For clearing Mario 2: The Lost Levels during the community challenge event. For clearing Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door during the community challenge event. For clearing all of the games required for this prestigious award! Good work! Wow! For clearing Mario 1-3 & World during the community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario Galaxy 2 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario Sunshine 100% during a community challenge event. E3 2015 Bingo For clearing Sonic 3 & Knuckles during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. can fire in spurts Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Mmmmm...richer!

Dieathan

Diddy Kong Racing

I beat the last two T.T. ghosts I had leftover from years ago and subsequently unlocked him, and even though it took me a good few tries to re-adjust to the handling of the game, once I had that figured out and properly learnt about how the use green boosts, it didn't take me too long to beat them. I then went on to finish an Adventure Two playthrough I had left since, and using T.T. made me realise how much of a game breaker he is. Most of the races I had little trouble taking 1st place, and aside from the Smokey and Wizpig races, I could easily take and maintain the lead at the beginning of boss races with a blue boost at the start. He's a great help in the Silver Coin Challenges in Adventure Two, especially with some of the Silver Coin placements being frustratingly placed in areas that are tricky to reach without losing the lead too much or require a well-timed drift to obtain. Through the struggle, I got all 47 Balloons, defeated Wizpig for the second time, got Gold in the Future Fun Land Trophy Race, and with that I have completed Diddy Kong Racing.

Feels good to come back to old classic that kicked your ass hard when you were younger only to end up conquering it at the end of the day.

For staying strike free for 5 years. The galaxy is at peace Metroid Prime 3: Corruption 100% Metroid Prime Pinball complete Super Metroid early Reserve Tank Metroid Fusion 100% Metroid Fusion under 2 hours For 50 awards! PATRICK NEEDS LOVE TOO! PUH-LAQUE MONSTERS Thanks for the donation. For receiving candy during the Valentine's Day event! IT'S GOT YOU WRITTEN ALL OVER IT For participating in YouChew Secret Santa event prior to 2015 For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Link's Crossbow Training during the community challenge. For completing The Legend of Zelda during the community challenge. For completing Ocarina of Time with 3 hearts during the community challenge. For completing Ocarina of Time during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event Richer! Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For having a blog featured For staying strike free for 3 years. For finishing first place in the YouChew Mario Madness Mario Kart 8 tournament! For clearing Super Mario Galaxy 2 during the community challenge event. For clearing all of the games required for this prestigious award. Great work! For clearing Super Mario Galaxy to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing the very hard game of Mario Bros 2 (JPN)/Lost Levels during the community challenge event. Wow! For completing Mario 1-3 & World for the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario Sunshine 100% during a community challenge event. E3 Bingo 2015 For clearing Sonic CD during the community challenge event. For completing the Chao Race challenge during the community challenge event. For completing the difficult task of achieving all A-ranks within the main game of Sonic Adventure 2. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. He's bigger, faster, Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos For the EARRAPE Collab. For the EARRAPE Collab. For your article about what's new about the New Nintendo 3DS. For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Congrats on 10 collabs! March 2014 - "Kuroko Forgets How To Peel Tomatoes" (Regular) March 2014 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year User with Funniest Signatures 2016
Best YouTube Pooper 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Lady☣Venom

Miitopia

A fun little adventure that, depending on the miis you use for all characters, can be loads of laughs and even develop into a lore of your very own. I loved the concept of friendships and personalities affecting teamwork and efficiency in battle, and the little interactions that characters form are so silly yet endearing. Having lots of customization for NPCs is a huge plus; it was great to mix and match classes for my teams. Even the after game is enjoyable. The music is catchy as hell, which is quite surprising for a Mii game. The story is very quirky but funny as well.

My only gripes were that it seemed a bit too easy (especially for anyone who grinded in the demo), a tad too short, and that you can only control the Mii who acts as yourself (even in the after game). The aspect of characters buying food over equipment and the laid back personality being a jerk gets annoying from time to time... Other than that, I recommend it for anyone into light hearted adventures.

Sonic Mania

What can I say that hasn't been said already? This game was fantastic and it felt like the Sonic game I have been craving since I completed Sonic 3 & Knuckles approximately 20 years ago. Aside from one track, the music is addictive to listen to. The levels are vibrant and full of life, and even the remade levels have new additions/mechanics that feel like they always were a part of the levels to begin  They still provided a refreshing change too. Exploration feels worthwhile and you're always rewarded for searching (I never had the time bonus); the bonus levels are challenging but you're given satisfying fulfillment upon completion. I loved being able to fight a boss at the end of each act; made me feel like I needed to keep on my toes. All the callbacks to past Sonic games never failed to deliver a fond wave of nostalgia. The extras were pretty awesome! I do hope there will be a sequel!

The only problems I have with the game are: the blue sphere bonus stage (hurts my eyes), the controls on the UFO bonus are slippery, and I would've preferred to have more new level designs. However, the reinvented original levels are quite amazing... Definitely recommend this too.

For getting 20 awards Have some water of life! User with Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2017
User with Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2017 That's a lot of love! EYELASHES For staying warn free for 9 years For participating in the 2016 Secret Santa Art Exchange! User with Funniest Signatures 2016
User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016 Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event For getting in the Bronze donation group For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years October 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 8 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 87 days before it was shut down

ParparPeg

Splatoon 2's story mode. It's very fun but god, the hubworld navigating gets painful and the Slosher level in world 5 (I think?) made me want to die. And I did. A lot.

Close to beating Sonic Mania too, I'm on the Titanic Monarch. Been replaying CD along with it and am on the last world there too... holds up great.

For staying strike free for 3 years. For staying strike free for 1 year. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 6 videos

CODEREDJAROD

Half-Life

Very fun game overall. The game's much different in terms of game play compared to many of the games I've played recently and I really enjoyed the change of pace. And aside from some annoying bugs, there's not much to complain about. Still holds up very well for being released almost 20 years ago. Good game. Excited to pick up Half-LIfe 2. 8.5/10

For getting 20 awards For the Team Fortress II collab! For the Team Fortress II collab! The galaxy is at peace Super Metroid under 3 hours Super Metroid 100% Metroid Prime 100% Super Metroid Wave Beam early Super Metroid complete Top 10 Videos of Jul 2017_2 / Top 10 Videos of Jul 2017_2 (Regular) For being a part of the Recommended Poops of June 2017 Best Newcomer 2017 Thanks for the donation. For staying strike free for 1 year. Submitting 5 videos to the Video System SPARE CHANGE MA'AM? Hey, gimme a boost, Mario.

That's a lot of love! Eyelashes! For receiving candy during the Valentines Day event! Top 10 Videos of Aug 2016 (Classic)

CrazyJoeDavola

The Karate Kid. Best run I've ever had - not much damage, completed two fly-catching bonuses in a row (plus an ice-breaking bonus), and conserved enough crane kicks to whoop Chozen's behind in less than a minute.

karate_kid.png

For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos February 2013 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

mrdoognoog

Super Monkey Ball 2 (Both Story and Challenge Mode)

Made it all the way to Master Extra 4 in challenge mode without using a continue but luckily only had to use one and finished the game. Was a lot of fun and really worth it in the end.

WALLMAN

Fallout 4: Far Harbor. I've had the season pass for over a year and I want to clear it from my backlog to make room for Wolfenstein II.

There's this one part in the story near the end where everyone is grouped up in the center of town. One guy says "We can't trust the outsider?" and everyone whose side quests you completed speaks out against him. Then I passed a speech check telling the guy to shut up. Felt good

Metroid: Samus Returns early Aeion tank Metroid: Samus Returns complete For staying strike free for 7 years. For staying warn free for 9 years For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 284 days before it was shut down Posting after Dopply For third place in the Harrison Ford Trivia Contest! Congratulations!

Ozarhok

Advance Wars: Dual Strike

Decided to play through the campaign on Hard on a whim. For an extra challenge I didn't use equippable skills and played with only one CO unless I was forced to use two.

TheOneManBoxOffice

cXLseyN.png
EX Mode, here I come...

Pleeeease, your omnipotence... have mercy! For Grounder's sake HE MENTIONED IT! User with Coolest Signatures 2017

User with Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2017 Best Writer 2017 That's how I beat Shaq! ... Wait EYELASHES! For receiving candy during the Valentine's Day event! Lucario For completing The Legend of Zelda during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For getting 20 awards For collecting all the gold cards For completing the original Legend of Zelda during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event For staying strike free for 3 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Testing the IPS 4.0 Update Hey, g-give me a boost Mario. Best Writer 2015
Best Writer 2016 You want it? MMMMMM...it's yours, my friend! Bringing on joestrange8 Share a Coke with YouChew For writing 10330 words worth in blog entries. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 6 videos

Jayblin

Played though Dead Rising 1 again, trying to get rid of the awful taste 4 left, and even though I haven't touched it since 2007, I still remembered all the hidden weapon spots, most of the survivor locations, and made a decent optimal run where I could've gotten the true ending in one go on a file I started at level 1 with, but I fucked up the Isabela fight by going in the grocery store to get a health item, and it fucked up the whole run and ended the fight. I miss when games like this were made that were goofy in a genuine way. Oh, and actually fun too.

For staying warn free for 9 years For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Thanks for the donation! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013, Member with Funniest Posts 2015
Member with Funniest Posts 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years

zoc

Yeah DR1 is a classic, I played thro it a while back and its kind of a tough game but its very fun to play. I love the arcade style gameplay and the psychopaths are all great. I think 2 is the best in the series but the first still has a place in my heart.

User with Funniest Signatures 2017 SURE! WHAT'S A BIG SISTER FOR? For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Thanks for the donation Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Congratulations on getting the award you've longed to get for the longest time now! For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years January 2013 - Brain rape/Rape-core Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. For being on the Vanilla forums for 87 days before it was shut down

TheOneManBoxOffice

ydamrDC.png

The PSVita version. Not only have I beaten it, but I also PLATINUMED it (meaning I got the platinum trophy).

Pleeeease, your omnipotence... have mercy! For Grounder's sake HE MENTIONED IT! User with Coolest Signatures 2017

User with Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2017 Best Writer 2017 That's how I beat Shaq! ... Wait EYELASHES! For receiving candy during the Valentine's Day event! Lucario For completing The Legend of Zelda during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For getting 20 awards For collecting all the gold cards For completing the original Legend of Zelda during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event For staying strike free for 3 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Testing the IPS 4.0 Update Hey, g-give me a boost Mario. Best Writer 2015
Best Writer 2016 You want it? MMMMMM...it's yours, my friend! Bringing on joestrange8 Share a Coke with YouChew For writing 10330 words worth in blog entries. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 6 videos