TheOneManBoxOffice

Last game you've beaten

1,031 replies to this topic

trepmaws

Said I'd finish Super Metroid and did it.

Well, that was certainly an experience. Posted my mid-progress thoughts elsewhere, so here's the rest of the experience:

After getting through Norfair the wrecked ship went well enough. A bit of fumbling around, pretty sure I missed some goodies, but hey, I got the Gravity Suit and that's what really mattered in my book. Next after that was Maridia, and hoo boy, that's when I started to have real problems. Navigation through the dang place was already a pain, and the situation was exacerbated by my continued difficulties with the jump controls (I just could NOT grasp that if I let go of the d-pad during a spin jump Samus will KEEP MOVING FUCK I MISSED AGAIN), the quicksand seeming to have no rhyme or reason as to when it would let me jump out or not, and my increasing impatience at finally getting the space jump and plasma beam hindering my pathway hunting. Finally ended up resorting to a map I found online, which got me back on track. Much to my surprise (though it shouldn't have been, considering how many other things about this game haven't gone like I thought they would based on let's plays and speedruns), the space jump was actually way harder to use out of the water than I thought it would be, thanks to its finicky timing window. More than once in my return to Norfair I ended up falling back on wall jumps...yeah, I found wall jumps easier to execute than the space jump, go figure. That aside, everything from Ridley's lair to the end was exactly what I signed up for with this game: tense action with that spooky Metroid atmosphere all over it. Already knew how the final boss would go, and yep, t'was satisfying to pump rainbow lasers into Mother Brain's face. Took the time to bust out the animals out the way out, in the interest of not causing any time paradoxes.

In-game time 6:10, 60% completion, a smile and a thumbs-up. I'll take it.

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying warn free for 9 years Posted Nep Nep hentai For staying strike free for 7 years. For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Meeting MycroProcessor Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years ROBOT BUNNY BOOBS Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Here's to another 4 years before anyone else gets it hooray!

WALLMAN

"Cup Souls" my ASS
yhCYrYp.png

For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus Metroid: Samus Returns early Aeion tank Metroid: Samus Returns complete For staying strike free for 7 years. For staying warn free for 9 years For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 284 days before it was shut down Posting after Dopply For third place in the Harrison Ford Trivia Contest! Congratulations!

G ☆

Emily Is Away Too

Ended up checking it out after all, and it's...better. Not by a ton per se, but it had enough little changes to make me like it a lot more in the long run. Choices are still railroaded, but not as annoyingly so, and having chances at getting actual good endings (both romantic and platonic) was definitely a lot more satisfying than the original's single bleak ending. The new quirks like the psuedo-Youtube links didn't amount to much, but were cute, and used cleverly enough to add to the game's charm. I'd recommend it if you just want a charming little early-mid 2000s nostalgia romp to kill a couple hours.

(spoilered for easter eggs)

Spoiler

Also, this just put a big dumb smile on my face

Qq9lW8W.png

Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Member with Funniest Posts 2018 Top 10 Videos of Mar 2018_2 Top 10 Videos of Mar 2018_2 (Regular) / Top 10 Videos of Mar 2018_2 (Sentence mix-core) / Top 10 Videos of Mar 2018_2 (Classic) The- Collab; 93 minutes and 55 unique entrants. The- Collab; 93 minutes and 55 unique entrants. The- Collab; 93 minutes and 55 unique entrants. For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For getting all the standard ornaments Guess. User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Spirit of YouChew Award 2018 That's a lot of love! For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards DIABEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EYELASHES For getting 20 awards For staying strike free for 5 years. Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For collecting all the silver cards. For completing Twilight Princess with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario Galaxy 2 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For completing SMB2: The Lost Levels (GBC version, 'For Super Players') during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Bros during the community challenge event. E3 Bingo 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 For referring Shinybeedrill and Lord of the Cats to YouChew. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

TheOneManBoxOffice

BbDTpue.png

The original PS1 version. Like with the PSP version of the game I've beaten a couple years ago, the feeling of beating this is fucking legendary. Aside from the obvious moments of "Engrish" and several difficulty spikes that could cause one to break their controller in frustration, the game still holds up today and is one of my personal favorites.

For participating in Chew or Treat 2017! For staying strike free for 5 years. For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For getting all the standard ornaments Pleeeease, your omnipotence... have mercy! For Grounder's sake HE MENTIONED IT! User with Coolest Signatures 2017

User with Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2017 Best Writer 2017
User with Best Signatures 2018
Best Writer 2018 That's how I beat Shaq! ... Wait EYELASHES! For receiving candy during the Valentine's Day event! Lucario For completing The Legend of Zelda during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For getting 20 awards For collecting all the gold cards For completing the original Legend of Zelda during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event For staying strike free for 3 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Testing the IPS 4.0 Update Hey, g-give me a boost Mario. Best Writer 2015
Best Writer 2016 You want it? MMMMMM...it's yours, my friend! Bringing on joestrange8 Share a Coke with YouChew For writing 10330 words worth in blog entries. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 6 videos

The Pope

vXrXNdL.jpg

Talk about a hot mess.

I'm just pulling myself by the nose through these games to get to Wild Hunt, which I hear is a masterpiece, but man, this first game was just...eyugh. While the graphics are mostly acceptable for the time, there's a lot of goofy ragdoll shit that made me unintentionally burst out laughing multiple times. Then you've got the combat, which in theory is admirable (you have a weapon for humans and a weapon for monsters and each weapon has three styles for different combat situations); the problem is this style of combat would be cool for a turn-based RPG, but in the heat of combat, when I'm surrounded by 5 guys, I don't have the luxury to change my sword, change my style, change back to the other sword, change that style, go back to the other sword, wait no I need to keep this style, gagh. And it's just a monotonous droll mess; you just click on enemies to fight them and every second or two you have to click again. It lacks the engagement of button mashing and you can't just click to auto-fight and not worry about it. There's no tactics whatsoever; as Dunkey would say, when a boss is really hard in this game, it just means they have a lot of health. That, and they can just keep hitting me through my attacks and kill me despite their animation not showing them attacking me.

It's clear that this was these guys' first game, and all the more power to them if 2 and 3 are great. But this was just...blugh.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting 20 awards Wads of dosh It's like giving heals to each of your five idiot teammates. Except you never play healer. I do. It's definitely not Hancock loooool For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. User with Funniest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For getting in the Super Silver donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

OldFashionedLizard

RMF4.png

After officially beating every single classic Megaman game, I can safely say that this is hot garbage. I mean it looks nice graphically and the music is alright, but the gameplay is filled to the brim with cheap situations, horrendous level design, and terrible enemy placement. I played as Bass for this game, who can't charge his buster or slide, but can fire in multiple directions, dash, and double jump.  Even with all these tools though, the game was an absolutely frustrating experience.

And don't get me started on King Fortress 2

For staying strike free for 3 years. Participated in the 2015 YouTube Poop Secret Santa For staying strike free for 1 year. For clearing Super Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic CD during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

AGSMA

Rock of Ages 2, the story mode, that is.

I was really excited to play this game when it was first announced, a year and a half ago. The results are very mixed to me when compared with the first Rock of Ages, one of my favorite games of all time, seriously.

Gameplay-wise RoA2 is identical to the first one for the most part. You build your defenses and then roll down your boulder Monkey Ball-style until you destroy the enemy's gates, and that's completely unchanged from the previous game. What has changed though is the addition of a menu where you pick up a boulder and plan your arsenal before you start the match. Similar to RoA1 you unlock new types of boulders, however this time around these can be picked up right off the bat with zero expenses, not only that but you get a new one after defeating an enemy, each one unique with its own gimmick. Best of all, the crack mechanic where the boulder gets smaller and weaker the more damage you take is completely gone, thank God, with the damage done at the gates only dependant of its strenght and speed it moves. The downside of it is that if your boulder isn't suitable for a specific level, you have to restart all over again.

The weapons got a massive revamp. in RoA1 you'd unlock new units by each completed stage whereas in the sequel the new units are scattered around the overworld. They also got rid of "upgradable" units. For example, in the first game, under the category of "Angry Animals" you get cows, elephants and mammoths, which have the same purpose only they get exponentialy more expensive and thus better at their task than the previous one. In Rock of Ages 2, they removed the mammoths, elephants now have a rider which shoots javelins at you and the cows became "Sticky cows", where they get stuck at you and drags the boulder like as if it's on molasses. In the end, all recurring units from the first game are treated and tweaked as unique weapons. You now only have one type of tower which when you drag the mouse it creates a wall, which is really handy and cheaper than just placing a bunch of towers in a straight line. Stage hazards from the first game like the giant cannon and the heaven bull are now units that you can drop, the latter being really tricky to deal with. Apart from those you also have new units such as the anvil bull, a whale which sucks you and throws you away, a balloon with a lion strapped on a rope which is an annoying piece of shit, mines to get more money, the list goes on. The assault unit in this game is a lot better, too. Much like the boulder, the only downside to this new system is that you have to be very careful when chosing your arsenal, because some units won't work on certain levels at all.

The story is exactly the same premise as the first game only this time around you have Atlas running away from God instead of Sisyphus running away from Chronos. You encounter several characters, only this time you don't meet them chronologically and on a linear order, instead you have a more open overworld map where you can chose which enemy you want to beat first. I wouldn't say that this is an improvement over the first game, because both progression systems aren't comparable, but it gets a plus for the boss battles being unlocked via the number of enemies you defeat rather than grabing keys that are scattered around some levels where you have to perform some leaps of faith to get them, therefore the first game's backtracking was a bit of a chore. Speaking of which, the boss fights are fucking atrocious, they're mostly terribly designed and sometimes even glitchy, like the one where you have to fight the Sphynx and at some point, after you break its nose, Cleopatra steps in and puts a cone on it, and if you happen to get caught by the Sphynx jumping head first onto you, your boulder will spaz out and thrown far away from the stage. The Thinker, the first boss fight you encounter, is retarded as all hell and badly designed, and the sea serpent is okay but it's all over after hitting its face twice. This is really the worst part of this game and something that Rock of Ages 1 does a lot better. In the first game the boss fights are very well designed and simple to pull them off with a bit of challenge. The final boss fight, however, was a joy to play and it really is one of the game's highlights, because

Spoiler

You play a five-minute match of foosball against God.

Visually it looks stunning, a big improvement over the first game and it shows how spectacular Unreal Engine 4 can look. It borrows a lot of assets from the first game and it can feel a bit cheap-looking at times.

The selection of rivals in this game is also very solid, from Van Gogh to King Ramses, each one having their own introduction video, some of them fully voice acted, always entertaining to watch. The AI can be pretty cheap some times while in some occasions it can be terribly retarded. There are two pet-peeves about the roster selection: 1) they're fewer than the previous game, just by two characters, but either way the roster feels pretty barebones for some reason. And 2) none of the characters of the first game apart from Sisyphus can be used as avatars, despite some having cameo appearances, like Napoleon in the tutorial level. Since RoA2 relies quite a lot on the multiplayer portion, it's sad that the roster selection when customizing characters is really lacking and with a lot of wasted potential. A lot of people will be tired of playing on the same stages and always using the same characters as avatars, and as a result the online portion probably won't last as long as ACE Team expects.

In a nutshell, Rock of Ages 2 is a good sequel with big improvements, but unfortunately so much could've been a lot better.

Also, I've been through a lot of performance issues because the game kept running windowed by default, even when setting the game to fullscreen, not to mention that you had to go through lenghty loading times, textures loading AFTER loading the level and during gameplay I had plenty of stutters and freezing, making the game completely unplayable. Everything was fixed by changing the graphical settings from Ultra to High. I'm not sure if this is a bug related to the graphical settings or the game automatically moves to a windowed setting when everything's on Ultra. No idea what's causing the massive stutters and freezing, specially when my rig can easily run this game without compromises.

For being part of the six-way tie for 2nd Place in the 2017 Ghostly Art Contest! Spirit of YouChew 2017 That's a lot of love! bubble gum and taffy For receiving some chalky, tasteless candy! For giving away those sweet treats! Gave Umigame an AGSMA attack. For participating in the 2009 and 2010 Secret Santa event For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards For getting 20 awards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos mmmmmricher Congrats on having completed 5 matches!

VentXekart

realMYST: Masterpiece Edition

Its much better than the original realMYST graphics-wise and it lacked any of the issues that caused me to have to jump through several hoops to get it working. The only downside is that the live-action cutscenes and/or book cut-outs with Sirius and Achenar are the same ones from the original game and are unfortunately low-quality. However, the CGI cutscenes for the link books have been redone and they look absolutely beautiful compared to the ones from the original realMYST. I'm debating on whether or not I'd want to get the other MYST games on Steam but for the moment I have several other games I want to play this winter break before classes start back up next year and this coming spring.

Even if I don't buy the other MYST games I may come back to realMYST: Masterpiece Edition at some point to record some scenes for future YTPs.

For staying strike free for 5 years. BWAAAH! Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For having a blog featured For staying strike free for 3 years. Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Many doors, yes? Richard Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

WALLMAN

Megaman 8

Not only did I "beat Dotta Wahwee," but now I know where that comes from. The voice acting was hot garbage, but the gameplay was among the best I've played so far. I don't remember a single game after 8 that had an ammo counter or let you use the Mega Buster when you equip another weapon. No idea why these didn't catch on.

Next up is Megaman 9 and this is where things get personal

For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus Metroid: Samus Returns early Aeion tank Metroid: Samus Returns complete For staying strike free for 7 years. For staying warn free for 9 years For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 284 days before it was shut down Posting after Dopply For third place in the Harrison Ford Trivia Contest! Congratulations!

F11

Sonic Mania on the Xbox One. Even got all the chaos emerald (that look like the later design) and the Gold medals. Mean Bean anyone?

ciTnM1B.png

For staying strike free for 3 years. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Best Newcomer 2014

The Pope

XCOM 2/War of the Chosen

Recently aired my grievances on it here:

That factor of the game was really obnoxious and led to some unnecessary save scumming. I'd be interested in playing Iron Man mode, if not for cheap bullshit like this.

Overall a very good game, but like Enemy Unknown it suffers from iffy pacing issues, where it starts off really great but by the end it just drags on and on and on and should probably end like 5-10 hours before it does. By the end I just wanted to complete my base objectives, and every time I was forced to enter combat I just got annoyed because it would be 20 minutes that really wouldn't amount to much when I was trying to get research completed.

Having gone into War of the Chosen blind without playing vanilla first, I can see the stitches of where War of the Chosen was woven in, but honestly the stuff with the Chosen, the factions and the Lost were probably my favorite parts of the game. They weren't particularly deep characters, but they were really fun adversaries, compared to the generic monsters that comprise of most of the aliens and the "WE ARE ALMIGHTY AND GREAT AND STUFF" Elders that get old pretty quick. The Warlock was alright, but the Hunter and Assassin were definitely the more fun of the three. I hesitated on finishing them off only because I wanted to keep them around, but in the end they had to go. One gripe I have is that we never really find out what their deal is, like whether they were former humans or just another alien species or something. Seeing how the final boss is extremely lame (just three of the same unit I've killed once before), it would've been nice if War of the Chosen added in one final big boss, like some super-Chosen or bringing back all three as ghosts or something, I dunno.

Good game, but Fire Emblem is still definitely my go-to flavor of strategy games. But seeing how strategy is my favorite genre, I'm okay with a little variety as long as it's done well.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting 20 awards Wads of dosh It's like giving heals to each of your five idiot teammates. Except you never play healer. I do. It's definitely not Hancock loooool For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. User with Funniest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For getting in the Super Silver donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

Life

What Remains of Edith Finch

Gameplay was minimal, but the story was pretty good. There was enough interactivity that I feel it's a bit insulting to the devs that it's been given the "walking simulator" tag on Steam (I think "interactive fiction" would be better), and some of the stories like Molly's and Lewis's were standouts. I can see how this caught the attention of some of the award shows now, it's like Gone Home if it wasn't pretentious garbage.

Kingdom Rush Frontiers

Very fun TD game. Surprisingly challenging early on, but like most TD games you eventually find an effective strategy that can be abused all the way until endgame (necromancer towers are OP.) I did everything there was to do except all the Iron and Heroic challenges, as they were kind of tedious.

20+ hours out of a game I spent $5 on, solid.

Wads of dosh Super Metroid complete Super Metroid Wave Beam early For staying strike free for 5 years. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For getting 20 awards For staying strike free for 3 years. For participating in the Mario Party 2 Netplay Tournament! Know what I mean? Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For beating Super Mario Galaxy to 100% completion during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during our community challenge event. For finishing second place during the YouChew Mario Madness Mario Kart 8 tournament! For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Testing the IPS 4.0 Update For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. Given for putting on the excellent Smash Bros Smackdown online tournaments, complete with prizes. Great work, we thank you for contributing to and pulling together the community! Coming in 1st in the Super Smash Tourney: Double Trouble! for Wii Uchew Thank you so much for your patronage. mmmmmmmmm Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Thanks a lot for the donation Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Dieathan

King of Fighters XI

More specifically I completed all the Challenges which in turn unlocks literally everything in the game, watched all the endings, and then called it a day. I honestly don't feel all that ashamed about having to look up how to get through them all when the game doesn't explain itself all that well to begin with, but then again this was released during a time where fighting games weren't as kind to newcomers as they are now, so of course I would've needed to look up how to pull off something like a Dream Cancel since nothing in the game tells you about them anyway. Even if I knew what to do, the execution was another matter altogether. Challenge 34 in particular gave me some trouble since combos were something I could never get a good grip of in KOF games, especially since KOF XI relies on Quick Switches to keep them going and don't offer a lot of frames for your inputs either which makes the timing all the more trickier, but with enough practice I got down a particular combo of Shingo's down which allowed me to breeze through it, and so that was that.

Oh, and the boss characters here are still assholes, but that's just par for the course in SNK's fighting games I suppose, at least except for the part where Magaki comes off as a lazy effort of making an incredibly tough boss character by giving him a bunch of projectiles with infinite priority, moves to blow you back a good half-screen's distance at best, a ranged command grab, teleportation, and the obligatory full-screen super move, and he comes off as neither a good challenge nor an infuriating opponent, but simply annoying to put up with. That, and the AI seems to switch from highly aggressive to holding itself back from doing anything at all.

For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For getting all the standard ornaments For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For staying strike free for 5 years. The galaxy is at peace Metroid Prime 3: Corruption 100% Metroid Prime Pinball complete Super Metroid early Reserve Tank Metroid Fusion 100% Metroid Fusion under 2 hours For 50 awards! PATRICK NEEDS LOVE TOO! PUH-LAQUE MONSTERS Thanks for the donation. For receiving candy during the Valentine's Day event! IT'S GOT YOU WRITTEN ALL OVER IT For participating in YouChew Secret Santa event prior to 2015 For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Link's Crossbow Training during the community challenge. For completing The Legend of Zelda during the community challenge. For completing Ocarina of Time with 3 hearts during the community challenge. For completing Ocarina of Time during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event Richer! Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For having a blog featured For staying strike free for 3 years. For finishing first place in the YouChew Mario Madness Mario Kart 8 tournament! For clearing Super Mario Galaxy 2 during the community challenge event. For clearing all of the games required for this prestigious award. Great work! For clearing Super Mario Galaxy to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing the very hard game of Mario Bros 2 (JPN)/Lost Levels during the community challenge event. Wow! For completing Mario 1-3 & World for the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario Sunshine 100% during a community challenge event. E3 Bingo 2015 For clearing Sonic CD during the community challenge event. For completing the Chao Race challenge during the community challenge event. For completing the difficult task of achieving all A-ranks within the main game of Sonic Adventure 2. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. He's bigger, faster, Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos For the EARRAPE Collab. For the EARRAPE Collab. For your article about what's new about the New Nintendo 3DS. For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Congrats on 10 collabs! March 2014 - "Kuroko Forgets How To Peel Tomatoes" (Regular) March 2014 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year User with Funniest Signatures 2016
Best YouTube Pooper 2017
Best Writer 2018 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

BandanaBoi

Cuphead

Dark Souls, HERE I COME

Spoiler

I died a total of 802 times playing the game and it took me 22 hours to beat the game. Also screw the dragon

Favourite Bosses - Beppi boi, Dr Robotnik Kahl, I'M MR KING DICE, I'M THE GAMEST IN THE LAND, The Devil, The spoopy train, Queen Sectonia Rumor HoneyBottoms

Least Favourite Bosses - The goddamn dragon, Captain BrineyBeard bread.

Best Newcomer 2018
User with Best Avatars 2018 Submitting 25 videos to the Video System I see you're enjoying those chips BWAAAH! Top 10 Videos of Jan 2018 / Top 10 Videos of Jan 2018 (Regular) / Top 10 Videos of Jan 2018 (Brain rape/Rape-core) Hey, g-gimme a boost, Mario! It's even got my name on it! Top 10 Videos of Dec 2017 For participating in the Spooky Poop Contest 2017 For participating in Chew or Treat 2017 Submitting 5 videos to the Video System For being a part of the Recommended Poops of August 2017

Dark Fox

2016 Doom.

It was a good game.

For staying strike free for 3 years. For 5 years of virtual cosplay. For introducing TomServo3 to the forum That's a lot of love! For obtaining 50 awards. Anime is shit I'm good at spreading love. but he's a creep and he chipped one of my permanent teeth! For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For service! For meeting Benedetto! For being a part of at least one Recommended YouTube Poops article, primarily the September & October 2014 one. For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing The Wind Waker with 3 hearts during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker during the community challenge. We've got to have MONEY! Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2017 For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the 2015 YouTube Poop Secret Santa For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For getting all the standard ornaments Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Thank you very much for your donations. For clearing Sonic 2 during the community challenge event. First place in the Super Smash Smackdown³! 3DS singles He's the leader of the bunch For your interview with Captpan6. For taking third place in the 2014 Spooky Poop Contest. Congratulations! Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards October 2014 - "oh yeah mama luigi" (Overall, Regular) Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Tiny tennis rackets! Tiny tennis rackets! Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
User with Coolest Signatures 2015
Most Likely to Rule the World 2015
Member with Funniest Posts 2017
User with Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Spirit of YouChew Award 2018 Best Newcomer 2014
Most Likely to Rule the World 2018 April 2014 - Overall, Regular, Brain rape/Rape-core For having a blog entry featured. For writing 10032 words worth in blog entries. Anarchy Collab Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Getting 2nd in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 For participating in the 2013 Spooky Poop Halloween contest MMMMMMMMMMMM Thanks for the donation Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Life

Wolfenstein: The New Order

Pretty fun, the story was good and I enjoyed how it played itself straight faced even with all the ridiculous shit going on. Weapons felt satisfying and I did like the freedom of how you could tackle objectives; I did mostly stealth for the first half, then went for a more Rambo style later on. 

There are two glaring seventh gen shooter problems though, the first being the perk system. It is mostly pointless because you are already plenty OP at the game's start, but then a lot of them require you to do specific tasks to unlock, and you can't unlock the objecives for a perk until you unlock the previous perk. For example, I know I've killed a commander with a grenade, but because I did it before unlocking the previous Demolition perk, it didn't count and I never unlocked it before finishing the game. I assume it's there to encourage players to explore different play styles, but it's just annoying.

The second is lackluster boss battles. Of the handful of bosses, they're all either bullet sponges or, "wait for them to expose their big glowing weak point." The final boss in particular was just dull, which sucks because the mini boss before it was much more memorable.

Still though, I enjoyed my time with it. I'll be getting the sequel once it goes on sale again.

Wads of dosh Super Metroid complete Super Metroid Wave Beam early For staying strike free for 5 years. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For getting 20 awards For staying strike free for 3 years. For participating in the Mario Party 2 Netplay Tournament! Know what I mean? Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For beating Super Mario Galaxy to 100% completion during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during our community challenge event. For finishing second place during the YouChew Mario Madness Mario Kart 8 tournament! For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Testing the IPS 4.0 Update For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. Given for putting on the excellent Smash Bros Smackdown online tournaments, complete with prizes. Great work, we thank you for contributing to and pulling together the community! Coming in 1st in the Super Smash Tourney: Double Trouble! for Wii Uchew Thank you so much for your patronage. mmmmmmmmm Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Thanks a lot for the donation Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

TheOneManBoxOffice

Hrz44UI.png

The Steam version, and a "HOLY SHIT!!!" moment happened right near the end for me in this playthrough...

Spoiler

When I faced the final boss, which is Necron, I managed to beat him in one go, but barely, as by the end of the battle, three of my four party members were KO'd, and the last one that was alive (Freya) was hit with "Berserk" status (meaning she can only attack, and you can't give commands once the ATB gauge is full). She landed two more hits, both of which did around 1400-1600 damage. When the game info disappeared on the last hit, I flipped my shit, as I couldn't believe I got through that, not just in one go, but hanging by a rather thin thread, as Freya only had 900 HP remaining. This might be the mother of "pure, blind luck" moments I've ever encountered in any video game.

With that said, this is still my personal favorite out of all the Final Fantasy games.

For participating in Chew or Treat 2017! For staying strike free for 5 years. For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For getting all the standard ornaments Pleeeease, your omnipotence... have mercy! For Grounder's sake HE MENTIONED IT! User with Coolest Signatures 2017

User with Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2017 Best Writer 2017
User with Best Signatures 2018
Best Writer 2018 That's how I beat Shaq! ... Wait EYELASHES! For receiving candy during the Valentine's Day event! Lucario For completing The Legend of Zelda during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For getting 20 awards For collecting all the gold cards For completing the original Legend of Zelda during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event For staying strike free for 3 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Testing the IPS 4.0 Update Hey, g-give me a boost Mario. Best Writer 2015
Best Writer 2016 You want it? MMMMMM...it's yours, my friend! Bringing on joestrange8 Share a Coke with YouChew For writing 10330 words worth in blog entries. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 6 videos

Dieathan

God of War II

I got back to my old save from years ago which I had just gotten through the first hour, and it certainly was a fun time.

Looking at it now, I can see why it was such a technical marvel graphically back when it was originally released on the PS2 in 2007, with some pretty amazing set pieces all throughout. Combat is still just as good as it was in God of War I, though I didn't find myself making much use of the sub-weapons that I was provided with, but it's just as challenging as the first game regardless. Some of the puzzles are a bit obtuse as to what exactly needs to be done, and I wish they made it easier to make out which walls are climbable, though it could be that my intuition sucks. Will say, Kratos while kind of amusing to see him shout literally almost all of his lines to the point of it becoming quite hammy, I feel as though this was the turning point at which he starts to become less likable. Sure, he was always a complete bastard, but he at least showed a remorseful side in the first game, and he had a reason for trying to exact revenge on Ares. Here, he's more or less being a piss ant about being stripped of his godhood by the hands of Zeus, going about it in a fit of blind rage. I heard that he doesn't get much better in III, but I'll be happy if the game ends up being as solid as I and II despite that.

For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For getting all the standard ornaments For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For staying strike free for 5 years. The galaxy is at peace Metroid Prime 3: Corruption 100% Metroid Prime Pinball complete Super Metroid early Reserve Tank Metroid Fusion 100% Metroid Fusion under 2 hours For 50 awards! PATRICK NEEDS LOVE TOO! PUH-LAQUE MONSTERS Thanks for the donation. For receiving candy during the Valentine's Day event! IT'S GOT YOU WRITTEN ALL OVER IT For participating in YouChew Secret Santa event prior to 2015 For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Link's Crossbow Training during the community challenge. For completing The Legend of Zelda during the community challenge. For completing Ocarina of Time with 3 hearts during the community challenge. For completing Ocarina of Time during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event Richer! Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For having a blog featured For staying strike free for 3 years. For finishing first place in the YouChew Mario Madness Mario Kart 8 tournament! For clearing Super Mario Galaxy 2 during the community challenge event. For clearing all of the games required for this prestigious award. Great work! For clearing Super Mario Galaxy to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing the very hard game of Mario Bros 2 (JPN)/Lost Levels during the community challenge event. Wow! For completing Mario 1-3 & World for the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario Sunshine 100% during a community challenge event. E3 Bingo 2015 For clearing Sonic CD during the community challenge event. For completing the Chao Race challenge during the community challenge event. For completing the difficult task of achieving all A-ranks within the main game of Sonic Adventure 2. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. He's bigger, faster, Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos For the EARRAPE Collab. For the EARRAPE Collab. For your article about what's new about the New Nintendo 3DS. For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Congrats on 10 collabs! March 2014 - "Kuroko Forgets How To Peel Tomatoes" (Regular) March 2014 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year User with Funniest Signatures 2016
Best YouTube Pooper 2017
Best Writer 2018 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

The Pope

7IGV4A1.jpg

Not a great game, but a good one. A far cry better than the first game, which was just kind of a mess. At least this one I can earnestly say is a game.

Mostly I just played this and the first so I could move on to 3, which I heard is a mastapeece. Plus it'll be cool to have my save data ported over.

CODEREDJAROD

Getting Over It with Bennett Foddy

“Oh sweet. I beat it.”

Australia, here we CUUUM!!! BWAAAH! For collecting all the bronze cards ...and smells like one, too. sometimes pizza times it sometimes it sometimes it sometimes pizza times pizza I can't give credit! For getting 20 awards For the Team Fortress II collab! For the Team Fortress II collab! The galaxy is at peace Super Metroid under 3 hours Super Metroid 100% Metroid Prime 100% Super Metroid Wave Beam early Super Metroid complete Top 10 Videos of Jul 2017_2 / Top 10 Videos of Jul 2017_2 (Regular) For being a part of the Recommended Poops of June 2017 Best Newcomer 2017 Thanks for the donation. For staying strike free for 1 year. Submitting 5 videos to the Video System SPARE CHANGE MA'AM? Hey, gimme a boost, Mario.

That's a lot of love! Eyelashes! For receiving candy during the Valentines Day event! Top 10 Videos of Aug 2016 (Classic)