• Announcements

• Joosh

YouChews the Winners Now Open!   04/16/2018

This year's YouChews the Winners awards is now open! Details can be found here:   Voting can be done here: http://youchew.net/index.php?/youchews-the-winners
TheOneManBoxOffice

Last game you've beaten

960 replies to this topic

TheOneManBoxOffice

NN5P114.png

Via Kingdom Hearts I.5 ReMIX. Two down...

Also, Sonic Blade: it can make anything, even bosses, more of a joke.

For staying strike free for 5 years. For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For getting all the standard ornaments Pleeeease, your omnipotence... have mercy! For Grounder's sake HE MENTIONED IT! User with Coolest Signatures 2017

User with Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2017 Best Writer 2017 That's how I beat Shaq! ... Wait EYELASHES! For receiving candy during the Valentine's Day event! Lucario For completing The Legend of Zelda during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For getting 20 awards For collecting all the gold cards For completing the original Legend of Zelda during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event For staying strike free for 3 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Testing the IPS 4.0 Update Hey, g-give me a boost Mario. Best Writer 2015
Best Writer 2016 You want it? MMMMMM...it's yours, my friend! Bringing on joestrange8 Share a Coke with YouChew For writing 10330 words worth in blog entries. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 6 videos

StockReady

Done with TLoZ: Oracle of Ages. The puzzles were fairly entertaining and it wasn't quite as challenging as Seasons. I'll play both again in the future and use the passwords to unlock... whatever there is to unlock.

Boihood For staying strike free for 7 years. 2015 Contest - John Metravolta Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Thanks for the donation. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos October 2012 - Overall, Regular Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 13 videos

Umigame

Kirby's Dreamland 3 and Kirby 64

Since I got around to playing Star Allies recently, I've gone back to playing some of my favorite entries of the series while my mood's still fresh. Sadly however I happen to have lost my cartridge of Superstar Ultra during my move to Ireland last year. 

Now can Ado/Adeleine come back HAL?

BWAAAH! For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For getting all the standard ornaments For staying strike free for 1 year. For taking 1st Place in the 2017 Ghostly Art Contest! For participating in the 2017 Ghostly Art Contest! The galaxy is at peace Metroid Fusion under 2 hours For getting 20 awards Super Metroid 100% Metroid Prime 100% Metroid complete Metroid Tourian early Cursing the curser with twice the curse Buttfather SCROUNDER Look at this trophy, that you just won! Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks User with Funniest Avatars 2017
User with Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2017
Best Image Editor 2017
User with Coolest Signatures 2017 Best Artist 2017
Best Newcomer 2017
User with Coolest Avatars 2017 For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! bubble gum and taffy That's a lot of love! For receiving candy during the Valentines Day event! It's a little itchy... For participating in the 2016 Secret Santa Art Exchange! Asked nicely.

TheOneManBoxOffice

yNMewGF.png
Via Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX. Three down, and this has been the longest one I've played so far.

For staying strike free for 5 years. For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For getting all the standard ornaments Pleeeease, your omnipotence... have mercy! For Grounder's sake HE MENTIONED IT! User with Coolest Signatures 2017

User with Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2017 Best Writer 2017 That's how I beat Shaq! ... Wait EYELASHES! For receiving candy during the Valentine's Day event! Lucario For completing The Legend of Zelda during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For getting 20 awards For collecting all the gold cards For completing the original Legend of Zelda during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event For staying strike free for 3 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Testing the IPS 4.0 Update Hey, g-give me a boost Mario. Best Writer 2015
Best Writer 2016 You want it? MMMMMM...it's yours, my friend! Bringing on joestrange8 Share a Coke with YouChew For writing 10330 words worth in blog entries. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 6 videos

VentXekart

Subsurface Circular.

Its shorter than I'd like it to be but the characters and graphics look nice.

BWAAAH! Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For having a blog featured For staying strike free for 3 years. Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Many doors, yes? Richard Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

G ☆

The Darkness II

Short, but good, might need to check out the original someday.

The- Collab; 93 minutes and 55 unique entrants. The- Collab; 93 minutes and 55 unique entrants. The- Collab; 93 minutes and 55 unique entrants. For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For getting all the standard ornaments Guess. User with Funniest Avatars 2017 That's a lot of love! For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards DIABEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EYELASHES For getting 20 awards For staying strike free for 5 years. Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For collecting all the silver cards. For completing Twilight Princess with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario Galaxy 2 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For completing SMB2: The Lost Levels (GBC version, 'For Super Players') during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Bros during the community challenge event. E3 Bingo 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 For referring Shinybeedrill and Lord of the Cats to YouChew. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

Jayblin

2 is a very fun game that greatly improves the combat over the original, but in exchange for a worse story and general tone. The original (as clunky as its gun mechanics may be) is one of my favorite games of all time and I think you can still find a PS3 or 360 copy for less than 10 bucks, so if ya can, do it son. Normally I'm a "gameplay over story" guy, but The Darkness does such a goddamn good job at making its world and story distinctly its own that it trumps the sequel without a doubt for me.

Although I'll give 2 some points for having an exploding coffin with an elderly woman come flying at you in slow motion, can't really say a lot of other games have done that

For staying warn free for 9 years For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Thanks for the donation! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013, Member with Funniest Posts 2015
Member with Funniest Posts 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years

WALLMAN

NieR: Automata??????

Well, I was going to wait until I got further into the main story to recommend it to everyone, but I just got a joke ending where

Spoiler

2B eats a mackeral and dies.

Definitely pick it up next time it goes on sale, or just whenever. Part of me wishes I bought it sooner at full price. This game spews charm out of every orifice. The soundtrack is beautiful, the combat is fluid. Even the side quests are stuffed with personality, which is why I am progressing so slowly and loving every minute of it.

The only issue is the PC port's optimization, which is easily fixed with the FAR mod (oh I just got that. clever)

For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus Metroid: Samus Returns early Aeion tank Metroid: Samus Returns complete For staying strike free for 7 years. For staying warn free for 9 years For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 284 days before it was shut down Posting after Dopply For third place in the Harrison Ford Trivia Contest! Congratulations!

The Pope

UNLuWth.jpg

Phew.

206 hours, and just about 2 months later. Granted probably about 5-10 of those hours are from leaving the game idle, but still.

Holy hell, what a beast. It feels so surreal being done with it. I don't recall the last time I've sunken that much time into one singular experience. Not since Skyrim, and I have an equal amount of hours split between three different files, let alone one.

It's got issues, to be sure. Geralt's legs are made of pudding, in that if he falls about 2 feet, his spine will collapse and he'll drown in his own bile. Roach is a fucking idiot who will stop and go nonstop and crash into every tree, but he's also a mystical jesus horse with legs made of stone who can leap from any height and survive (that is if halfway down he doesn't vanish from existence and leave me to plummet to my death). A lot of potions and oils are repetitive busy-work, constantly going into menus and reapplying the same buffs when a simple permanent "do x% more damage to y race" would've been far more organic. The crossbow is useless and bombs are just so-so. Combat in general occasionally leaves a lot to be desired, with a lousy specialization system that forces you to abandon skills for no reason other than not having enough room on your skill sheet, which feels archaic and dumb, especially compared to Skyrim where you could be a single-minded broadswordsman or you could be a dagger-wielding mage who occasionally whips out the bow if you so chose. A lot of times quests will fail on you and you'll have no clue why, and being a perfectionist this would often result in me loading old saves to make sure no stone was left unturned. There's plenty to nitpick.

That being said, this has to be the best-written Western RPG I've ever played. When it comes to RPGs, I prefer your standard JRPG, mostly because they tend to be more creative. JRPGs have swords and sorcery, sure, but they can also get gonzo and crazy, fighting God, or maybe you become God, or maybe you're a punk kid fighting emotion monsters with pins and eating french fries. But then you've got your Dragon Age, your Elder Scrolls, your Shadow of Mordors, all perfectly fine games (well I couldn't be arsed to play more than 3 hours into Shadow of Mordor as it bored me to tears), but it's all the same drivel. Orcs. Goblins. Elves. Dwarves. Sometimes demons and dragons if they feel like it. But the lore of the Witcher world is so much more fascinating. Not to spoil too much, but you've basically got multiple realities overlapping each other, and a world of men suddenly intruded upon by water zombies, ghosts, vampires, trolls, succubi, the list goes on. It's even implied that one of the alternate realities is our own, when a character who can hop between them mentions flying machines and horseless carriages.

And that's just the worldbuilding; every major character is well fleshed-out and delightful. Dandelion, Zoltan, Yennefer, Ciri, Triss, Vernon Roche, Vesimir, I doubt I'll forget a lot of these characters for a long time. On the other hand, outside of Iron Bull, you couldn't pay me to name a single character from Dragon Age: Inquisition, or hell even Skyrim for that matter (and I love Skyrim). Every single quest is engaging, barely a single "fetch 20 monkey butts" among them (even ones along those lines are few and far between), all with great storytelling to rival the main quests. I love being the bridge between the world of man and monsters; true, some could play the series as Geralt, cold-blooded monster slayer, but at every chance I got, upon encountering a sentient monster I would almost always talk things through and work something out peacefully, and always felt better for it.

If there's one downside, it's that I want more story. Well, perhaps it's better to say I wanted to see more of Geralt's past life. So much is told in legends, in stories of years yonder, that really make me want to see those stories play out. I could read the books, but the games are more "inspired" by the books rather than a direct adaptation. There's a Netflix series coming along, though, and if the storytelling is as good as it is here, it could be a masterpiece. While Geralt's story works well for a game, they can also be fitted to be episodic in nature, occasionally being strung together to fit a larger story arc. I'm fully on board and await it with baited breath.

Man. 53 hours in Witcher 1, 34 in Witcher 2, and now 206 here. I feel drained, out of breath, like I ran a marathon. But I'm richer for the experience, and glad I went through it. Fuck, what a ride. It's going to feel so weird moving past this series after having spent months drenched in it, but hopefully thanks to Netflix we'll be seeing more soon.

Godspeed, Geralt of Rivia. You gravel-voiced whorehound bastard.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting 20 awards Wads of dosh It's like giving heals to each of your five idiot teammates. Except you never play healer. I do. It's definitely not Hancock loooool For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. User with Funniest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For getting in the Super Silver donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

Yitsul

Yume Nikki: Dream Diary. It's available on Steam if you can tolerate platforming and puzzles

For staying warn free for 9 years For using up all your Chewbucks! Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 91 days before it was shut down For referring a member to this site. Thanks! Thanks for being Strike-Free for three years! For keeping his lago in his sig for a long time. Thanks for being Strike-Free!

Vir

Spider-Man: The Movie

This game was ball-busting, and I was only playing on the second difficulty. I can't fix the unresponsive web-slinging controls on a GameCube controller, but Nintendont lets me play it with a DualShock 4, the one caveat being that Circle is mapped to A and Cross is mapped to B to match the layout of the GameCube and Xbox controllers, meaning you have to jump with Circle, which is very disorienting. I tried to play on a Logitech, but on that one the shoulder buttons don't work at all.

For staying strike free for 7 years. I'M A SUGAR DADDY That's a lot of love! It's a little itchy. For collecting all the bronze cards User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 5 years. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

appdirect

Quake Mision Pack 1: Scourge of Armagon.

And interesting expansion, I liked how we got more of the military levels, I feel like there where too many Shamblers, Spike Mines where too cheap.

For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For getting all the standard ornaments For staying warn free for 9 years Wads of dosh For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 20 awards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For staying strike free for 7 years. User with Funniest Signatures 2015 app has become Little "mmm" Richard For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Member with Funniest Posts 2014, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Member with Funniest Posts 2015, Member with Funniest Posts 2016, Member with Funniest Posts 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013 Remained strike-free for 3 years.

WeepinnWillow

I wasted 12 and a half minutes of my life yesterday speedrunning Elmo's Number Journey.

I'm actually top 5 for this shit according to SpeedRun.com leaderboards. I truly have no life at all.

For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For getting 20 awards IMMA SUGAR DADDY HEART ON STICK MUST DIE For collecting all the bronze cards EYELASHES! For participating in the Youtube Poop Secret Santa event of 2016 Thanks for the donation. For participating in the 2016 Spooky Poop Contest "Spare change? Spare change, ma'am?" For reaching this poop milestone. Submitting 100 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for having 40 5-star ratings on your videos September 2014 - Sentence mix-core Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years drugamin, MrTomato26, and ComputerGuy6545 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 7 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

Enay

Burnout Paradise Remastered

It's amazing to me how well the soft-body physics of car crashes held up over a decade later; very few games have even come close to the level of visceral metal deformation, even games that advertise themselves to be pushing the envelope of what can be destroyed (I realize that it's more evironmental than vehicular, but the latter always seems to get left out). 

That said, the soundtrack is hilariously a time capsule of EA games where they felt they needed to use licensed music for its soundtrack. Also that fucking Guns N Roses song; I get that it shares the name of the game's setting (Paradise City), but why does it needn to be played at almost every key progression event and promotional material when they have their own brand of original music that's specifically for the Burnout franchise that they even put in this game?!

For staying strike free for 7 years. For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 14 videos

Dieathan

Drakengard

I obtained every ending, and even beat that Free Expedition that unlocks following Ending E. Said ending is really bizarre to look at in hindsight, not just because of how out of left field and anticlimactic it is, but even though it was envisioned as a sort of joke ending it still is considered canon in the sense that it follows into the events of Nier, which shares the same director, Yoko Taro.

Gameplay-wise, it's pretty mediocre. I can deal with the Warriors style of gameplay if only for how cathartic it feels, but the combat is rather clunky despite the simplicity, though I do like the concept of it allowing you to switch weapons during battle and each having their own properties. The other side of the gameplay is basically a flight simulator of sorts but with a dragon, and while precision aiming is a bit of a pain, the lock-on works fine, and is definitely the better part of the game's gameplay. But the real draw of this game (And arguably it's only redeeming quality outside of maybe its soundtrack) is its story and writing. This was Yoko Taro's first game, and it really shows, despite some of the changes made to the English script due to Square-Enix's meddling. It certainly is unconventional with about every character being particularly bad people all around which oddly enough makes them rather compelling if only to see how much worse for wear they become and for what little good peers through if any at all. Even for all the people you'll be mowing down, your character is constantly chastised for all the manslaughter you'll be engaging in, and at one point this also includes children. And the multiple endings only seem to progressively screw everything up further and further, providing that morbid curiosity to give all the more reason to continue playing beyond the first ending. And seriously, the path that leads to Endings D and E was certainly not something I saw coming in the slightest.

In other words, it may not be a good game per say, in fact it's a real average game at best and a hot mess at worst, but it is a memorable game in some respects.

For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For getting all the standard ornaments For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For staying strike free for 5 years. The galaxy is at peace Metroid Prime 3: Corruption 100% Metroid Prime Pinball complete Super Metroid early Reserve Tank Metroid Fusion 100% Metroid Fusion under 2 hours For 50 awards! PATRICK NEEDS LOVE TOO! PUH-LAQUE MONSTERS Thanks for the donation. For receiving candy during the Valentine's Day event! IT'S GOT YOU WRITTEN ALL OVER IT For participating in YouChew Secret Santa event prior to 2015 For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Link's Crossbow Training during the community challenge. For completing The Legend of Zelda during the community challenge. For completing Ocarina of Time with 3 hearts during the community challenge. For completing Ocarina of Time during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event Richer! Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For having a blog featured For staying strike free for 3 years. For finishing first place in the YouChew Mario Madness Mario Kart 8 tournament! For clearing Super Mario Galaxy 2 during the community challenge event. For clearing all of the games required for this prestigious award. Great work! For clearing Super Mario Galaxy to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing the very hard game of Mario Bros 2 (JPN)/Lost Levels during the community challenge event. Wow! For completing Mario 1-3 & World for the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario Sunshine 100% during a community challenge event. E3 Bingo 2015 For clearing Sonic CD during the community challenge event. For completing the Chao Race challenge during the community challenge event. For completing the difficult task of achieving all A-ranks within the main game of Sonic Adventure 2. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. He's bigger, faster, Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos For the EARRAPE Collab. For the EARRAPE Collab. For your article about what's new about the New Nintendo 3DS. For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Congrats on 10 collabs! March 2014 - "Kuroko Forgets How To Peel Tomatoes" (Regular) March 2014 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year User with Funniest Signatures 2016
Best YouTube Pooper 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

dirtpants

Spiderman & Venom: Maximum Carnage on the Genesis, more particularly because I grew up playing this version since I don't mind the inferior music compared to the SNES. I actually prefer it a bit more heh.

It's just so damn addicting to play this game. You can get pretty damn techy in this game I'm just barely finding out, finding the the best strategy to defeat hoards of enemies ganging up and you. It's like every time I play this game I find something new.

For staying warn free for 9 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 253 days before it was shut down 3 years later, and it's still the best avatar ever. The Halloween one was always amazing, too. Thanks!

StockReady

Done with Symphony of the Night, completed the map 100%. A great platformer with nice visuals and soundtrack. I wish I could have discovered some hidden areas without using walkthroughs, but I'll avoid that next time. I didn't like the occasional clumsy controls, knockback and very short invincibility time after taking a hit. It gets annoying fast when I collide with an enemy, try to get away only to take many hits in a second, which is even worse with how a lot of the attacks in the game send Alucard flying backwards. It's takes the fun away from climbing tall rooms. The difficulty was all over the place in my playthrough, some bosses were incredibly easy (Death went down shockingly fast) and some made me rage. I wonder if the order of completing the areas in had something to do with it. Regarding items, I got a lot of weapons and attacks but I didn't use most of them. Should have at least tried. There should have been a better way to use healing items than having to equip them though.

The game had less emphasis on story than I expected. The voice acting sounded just weird with the comical overacting, sound quality and lack of music in cutscenes. Another case of the actors being directed poorly? The voices themselves weren't entirely unfitting.

I'll try the alternative mode but I don't think I will be completing it. Of the four Castlevanias I've played Aria of Sorrow is still my favorite, with Harmony of Dissonance and SotN on a shared second place.

Boihood For staying strike free for 7 years. 2015 Contest - John Metravolta Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Thanks for the donation. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos October 2012 - Overall, Regular Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 13 videos

WALLMAN

NieR:Automata for real this time

Just about everything I said before still stands. The combat is still wonderful, but unless this is your first beat-em-up, I recommend playing on Hard at least. I stuck with Normal from start to finish, and once I had the right set of skills and upgrades, I was unstoppable. I barely experimented with my Chip sets in the third act. The soundtrack is incredible. I just wish they sold it on Steam as DLC.

Now let's talk about the story [Spoilers ahead]

Spoiler

Like I said, I took my sweet ass time getting through the first two playthroughs. There was so much world to explore and so many side quests to do. The payoff was worth it for each one I did. You get a good amount of XP and materials, but you also get another good look at what the machines and androids have made of this world. It was especially satisfying during 2B's route because the more you did, the more of her soft side you got to see... which brings me to the main quest. Ending A was more than I could handle. When 2B was crying over 9S's body, I couldn't help shedding a single tear myself.

I didn't mind playing as 9S all that much. Sure, the combat kept breaking so you could play Geometry Wars, but I powered through it. The plot at this point kind of reminds me of Sonic Adventure, where you experience the same story through each character's point of view. Ending B wasn't as emotional as the rest of the game, but there were a few good revelations and even more questions raised. I felt like it was building up to something bigger and I could not have been more right on that.

This is where the Sonic Adventure analogy falls apart, as I was expecting to see what A2 was up to while everyone else was out doing their thing. Instead, it throws you back into the fray as 2B and 9S. You fight some more machines, thinking you might finally take Earth back, but then WHOOP, everything you knew turns against you and dies, including 2B, and these giant structures appear out of nowhere and you have to stop them
9l6GZb9.png

During the first credits roll, I noticed Darin De Paul did voice work for Terminal Alpha and Terminal Beta, but I didn't know anyone by those names. So for the rest of the game, I'm thinking "WHERE IS REINHARDT?" only to find him way at the end as the voice of two demonic little girls. You beat them and a bunch of other machines, but 9S is completely bonkers at this point, so you have to choose who wins in a fight between him and A2. I don't know if I liked Ending C or D more, not that it matters once you get the TRUE ending.

The credits roll again, upside down this time. After a brief discussion between 2B and 9S's support pods, you shoot your way through the credits, which over time, turns into a friggin bullet hell sequence. Seriously, I have never hated a game's marketing department more than I did with NieR:Automata. After dying to them enough times, I got help from players who beat the game already and plowed through the rest of the credits with my giant death beam. I had the option to delete my save file to help future players through this part, but I wanted to do the side quests I missed and try to 100% the game.

I have to admit, I had to buy my last few achievements with the in-game money. I don't have the patience to grind and max out all of my weapons for one of the joke endings. But once I got platinum, I played back the credits sequence and sacrificed my save file to help others. I owed the game that much. I haven't felt this way since Katawa Shoujo. This feeling of... emptiness that comes with finishing a game that tugs at my heartstrings like this. I added it to my Steam Favorites and I've made a note to come back in a few years, once the HD Texture Pack is done and I have my PC upgraded enough to run it on max settings.

WALLMAN- [Push yourself beyond your limits.] [Basically,] [feed on despair and survive!] [Valhalla]

For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus Metroid: Samus Returns early Aeion tank Metroid: Samus Returns complete For staying strike free for 7 years. For staying warn free for 9 years For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 284 days before it was shut down Posting after Dopply For third place in the Harrison Ford Trivia Contest! Congratulations!

Mashu

I actually happened to beat Nier: Automata tonight as well, with all the main endings. I'm actually a bit sad because after spending some time to think about it, I'm not sure I enjoyed it as much as I did starting out. There's a lot of flaws in the game that stuck out to me; the game's world feels empty and more like a backdrop to the game's events rather than an actual cohesive world, the RPG mechanics are shoehorned in, the side quests leave a lot to be desired, the characters are somewhat underdeveloped, and the combat, while fluid, lacks the same level of complexity as other Platinum games such as Bayonetta.

That being said, I still couldn't help but enjoy it. Taro's creative direction is really fascinating, and it harkens back to when I played the MGS series for the first time. I actually heard someone call Automata the MGS2 of this generation, and while I don't think it quite matches MGS2's level of detail and narrative ingenuity, I still think it's a pretty fitting comparison. I loved Automata's art direction as well, with all the weird little robot and mech designs. I also love 2B's design, it's so cool and cute and aaaaa i wanna look like her, lol.

Spoiler

Also, @WALLMAN, I actually saw your name pop up at Ending E, helping me complete it. I actually gasped when I saw that; I did not think the game would pull that off. I'm hoping your sacrifice was worth it; I'm terrible at bullet hells so I don't think I would have done it without your help, haha.

For staying strike free for 5 years. For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For clearing Super Mario Bros., Super Mario World, and Super Mario 64 during our community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for having 40 5-star ratings on your videos For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. January 2015 - "CDI '06" (YTPMV) For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years With an iron fist Press start to begin For participating in the 2013 Spooky Poop Halloween contest Thanks for the donation For your piece on Kraven Manor, all I can say is good job. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year June 2012 - Overall, Brain rape/Rape-core Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

WALLMAN

I didn't do much research when I bought it, but 2B was one of the main deciding factors. Top-tier waifu material

Spoiler

I know a few others here who still have Automata in their backlog. I was hoping it would help them out further down the road, but the game is over a year old. So many others gave up their data before me. It seemed unlikely. Hearing that you got my help the DAY after I finished it was a very pleasant surprise. I'm happy to help.