bob

Binding of Isaac: Rethread

What is your favorite boss encounter released in Rebirth?   22 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite boss encounter released in Rebirth?

• Gurglings
    • Dingle
    • The Haunt
    • Mega Maw
    • Mega Fatty
    • Polycephalus
    • Dark One
    • The Cage
    • The Gate
    • The Adversary
    • Mama Gurdy
    • Mr. Fred
    • The Lamb
    • Mega Satan
    • Angel Gabriel/Uriel

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

625 posts in this topic

Everybody's favorite indie game where you play as a crying naked child and kill your mom, your unborn fetus, and Satan.

I know I still play this game regularly, which is definitely something special considering I'm me. But in case you want more reason to have this thread around the new version of the game, Rebirth, is coming out this year. And the developer has also recently stated that he has enough ideas for an expansion at some point. The future of this game and whatever else this guy is making is still somewhat in the dark, but there's also plenty of leaked stuff and much given to speculate about. For now though this thread will probably just be about the original game and major new developments in rebirth. Here's a couple now

The visual style

MSen4k8.pngOXXmLkF.png

5IXMX4b.png

I dunno, I would've liked more detailed sprites. This will run much better than the Flash version but I'm going to miss everything not looking like a GBA game.

Now the new music

This is the new Basement Theme, by the way

The new theme to mom's heart (and if it works like the original game, probably "It lives!" as well)

I like them so far. could be a little catchier but they're ambient and fitting. I really hope they learn to cut down on the reversed piano though. I would still be devastated if the Mom, original Basement, Satan, and final boss theme didn't make it in somehow.

Only Rebirth is coming to PS4 and the Vita, while Steam and any other given indie game distributor will sell rebirth and the original game+ wrath of the lamb. There is a confirmed discount on steam for original Isaac owners buying Rebirth. There's lots more info on it but I its mostly little stuff. Still, general Isaac thread.

Edited by bob
For clearing Super Mario Bros. during our community challenge event. For clearing Sonic 1 during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years User with Funniest Signatures 2014 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year For the category of Best Newcomer.

I'm honestly looking forward to a better-working version of the game (hopefully with less powerup overlap issues as well), and the visuals look pretty snazzy in my mind. Looks a bit more stylized, honestly.

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For having a blog entry featured. User with Coolest Avatars 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years March 2014 - Classic You won! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 68 days before it was shut down For uploading 5 videos into the Showroom. For completing at least 5 YTP Tennis matches. Gee, there sure is no time around here! My sword's for dinner.
YOU GET COOKIE

It was already stylized. I don't like the pixelated aspect of it. The artwork and animation on the first game were surprisingly good.

Ntc1Vhi.gif

For clearing Super Mario Bros. during our community challenge event. For clearing Sonic 1 during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years User with Funniest Signatures 2014 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year For the category of Best Newcomer.

That reminds me that I still need to play the expsansion of the first game.

User with Funniest Avatars 2017 That's a lot of love! For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards DIABEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EYELASHES For getting 20 awards For staying strike free for 5 years. Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For collecting all the silver cards. For completing Twilight Princess with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario Galaxy 2 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For completing SMB2: The Lost Levels (GBC version, 'For Super Players') during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Bros during the community challenge event. E3 Bingo 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 For referring Shinybeedrill and Lord of the Cats to YouChew. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

Can't wait to play this one for 100+ hours as well.

I've been following the development fairly closely so I'm pretty excited.

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For getting that Masterball Medal that doesn't exist any more. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years ssssssssshhhhhHHHHHHHHHH Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 46 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 46 videos We appreciate your good behavior. For outstanding achievement in achievement!

I think the new look is good enough. I'm looking forward to the bug fixes and generally making it more solid, less glitchy. It really bugs me how in the current game you have to hit bosses for a good five seconds after their health bar is already gone before they actually die.

Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Friendliest User 2015, Smartest User 2015
User with Funniest Avatars 2016
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Member with Funniest Posts 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Smartest User 2017
Member with Funniest Posts 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2016
2013 For the categories of Spirit of YouChew and Funniest Posts.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

You don't have to worry about that when you fight the Mask of Infamy!

The reason for the Mask of Infamy not having a health bar is because the thing inside the mask is already dead.

oooooooooooooooooo

Really looking forward to Rebirth though. Especially the parts about an angel counterpart of Krampus for Angel Rooms.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 277 days before it was shut down For being GEWD. Ribbit! Om nom thank you

Funny you should mention dead bosses though. A lot of the WotL bosses are dead versions of old bosses. The Blighted Ovum, The Bloat, The Wretched, etc.

Lokii (Loki cut in half) is actually so rare that people thought he was missing from the game, until somebody encountered him a few weeks after release. I know I've seen him maybe two or three times total. Same with Triachnid.

By the way Peep/The Bloat is without a doubt the worst boss. I can't get away without taking like four hearts of damage, always, unless I get lucky.

Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Friendliest User 2015, Smartest User 2015
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Smartest User 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

I dunno, Peep was always pretty relieving to me since the only real difference from Monstro are his piss puddles and projectiles. The first boss to really kill my spirit was Gurdy.

User with Funniest Avatars 2017 That's a lot of love! For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards DIABEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EYELASHES For getting 20 awards For staying strike free for 5 years. Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For collecting all the silver cards. For completing Twilight Princess with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario Galaxy 2 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For completing SMB2: The Lost Levels (GBC version, 'For Super Players') during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Bros during the community challenge event. E3 Bingo 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 For referring Shinybeedrill and Lord of the Cats to YouChew. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

I agree with Peep and Bloat being the worst. I used to think it was gurdy jr but even him you can kinda manipulate.

theoretically peep should be easy. he does the monstro land, he has the peepers, and has creep. thats it. why is he always so bad? the bloat is a peep you have to fight diagonally or you get fucked.

Another terrible boss is fucking CHAD. Not in terms of beating, but he always drops that familiar that gives half red hearts. And familiars lead to other familiars spawning, which means that your chances of getting the best items in the game are dropped as well.

It's the eyeballs. They don't seem like a big deal, but they always tend to move right where you need to be standing.

Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Smartest User 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017

Peep? Maybe I'm wrong, but I always found him to be an easy boss. LIke, I was always relieved when I saw his name come up since I knew it wasn't going to be too hard on me for once.

For staying strike free for 5 years. For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For clearing Super Mario Bros., Super Mario World, and Super Mario 64 during our community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for having 40 5-star ratings on your videos For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. January 2015 - "CDI '06" (YTPMV) For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years With an iron fist Press start to begin For participating in the 2013 Spooky Poop Halloween contest Thanks for the donation For your piece on Kraven Manor, all I can say is good job. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year June 2012 - Overall, Brain rape/Rape-core Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

The easiest boss in the game is Pin.

He really needs to be redesigned in rebirth. even his womb version is a fucking cake walk

Monstro II is also pretty easy if you manipulate him. But that takes some fancy footwork, so I don't think it needs changing. Pin is just pathetic any way you look at it.

Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Smartest User 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017

Monstro II is also pretty easy if you manipulate him. But that takes some fancy footwork, so I don't think it needs changing.

And that fancy becomes extra fancy when youre fighting the double-champion version

We need to start a poll for worst boss in Isaac.

I would vote Peep/Bloat. Mask of Infamy is right behind them though.

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For getting that Masterball Medal that doesn't exist any more. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years ssssssssshhhhhHHHHHHHHHH Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 46 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 46 videos We appreciate your good behavior. For outstanding achievement in achievement!

Another terrible boss is fucking CHAD. Not in terms of beating, but he always drops that familiar that gives half red hearts. And familiars lead to other familiars spawning, which means that your chances of getting the best items in the game are dropped as well.

Is that so? I didn't know familiars make other familiars more likely to drop. Though if that's the case you could always choose to not pick up Little CHAD.
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Smartest User 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017

Well actually it's just a very popular rumor. I personally notice it but it may just be false, started by the irritation of runs where you keep getting non-stop familiars.

I updated the thread with a poll. I included some later boss encounters, like some that may be found in the rooms of necropolis, Sheol, the cathedral, and one from the chest. I don't know if you want me to include the bosses that you face every run, but I'll update it if you guys do. After remembering all of those champion gang-bang rooms I now change my vote to double super-lust. That shit needs to be fixed. its occasionally impossible to not take significant damage. I'm not sure if there are completely random multiple champion rooms, but the ones I listed appear with enough regularity to have to be a fixed possibility.

Oh yeah, I forgot about double Super Lust. Depending on how much speed you have, it can be literally impossible to clear the room. Like if you have a slow character you're just done. That really is broken.

I also hate when the game refuses to give any keys, to the point where you have to skip treasure rooms. But that's just the RNG at work.

Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Smartest User 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017