Mashu

Game Development

207 replies to this topic

zoc

Down to the last bio/character study pamphlet for my game! After this one I can finally start writing the script and designing maps for the actual game. Really excited!

I decided on the name, too; Im calling this game "Ohmic", naming it after the ohmic resistance, which partially references both the main protagonist and antagonist primarily using lightning magic as well as the connection between them disrupting the protagonists' personal life (as in, the protagonist is "opposed" to the antagonists' attempt to change his "electric current" metaphorically referring to his life).

So yeah, suffice to say, Im having a lot of fun now that Im starting to get into the meat and bones!

User with Funniest Signatures 2017 SURE! WHAT'S A BIG SISTER FOR? For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Thanks for the donation Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Congratulations on getting the award you've longed to get for the longest time now! For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years January 2013 - Brain rape/Rape-core Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. For being on the Vanilla forums for 87 days before it was shut down

TyrannosaurusReich

I really want to get back into Unity but I am so god damn lazy

I have a friend who's learning coding and does music, but I dunno how far that'll get me, plus I still need models and stuff

For writing at least 10,000 words in blog entries For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years HHHUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLKKKKKKK!!! Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 12 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 241 days before it was shut down

JimPaladin
  • Banned
  • If you want help with Unity, my partner would probably be happy to help you with questions and stuff. Questions like how to suck your own farts out of your ass and suffocate your lungs :rolleyes:

If anyone here is interested, my partner is also updating his blog pretty frequently lately with a lot of demo shit from the latest project. He's been working nonstop in Unity and 3DSMax for like a week. He's a very talented programmer and is starting to really learn modeling and he's always happy to lend some advice and whatever, so check it out if you want.

For writing the guest article "What is a Musical Leitmotif and How Do You Use It?" Smartest User 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017 For staying strike free for 7 years. For staying strike free for 1 year. For staying strike free for 3 years. For staying strike free for 5 years. For being on the Vanilla forums for 107 days before it was shut down

TyrannosaurusReich

Alright I got a tiny bit of a dilemma

I'm planning on making a new game at some point, a Quake-style FPS & roguelite set in a haunted castle; I originally wanted to call it "Grimwar" but that's been taken by a mobile game and some kind of role-playing book

SO, I need a new name, and I've had some ideas running around in my head, but I'm still undecided. I figured it'd be a good idea to get some opinions

so with that being said, here's a poll

http://www.strawpoll.me/13432504

I want to go with something with a lot of "oomph" to it; something that's either a singular word like Doom or Quake, a made up compound word of some kind, OR something else I guess. I'm kind of leaning towards "Spirit Shock" or "Aghast" but I dunno

what do you guys think

For writing at least 10,000 words in blog entries For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years HHHUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLKKKKKKK!!! Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 12 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 241 days before it was shut down

AGSMA

I really like the name Aghast. It's without a doubt the most unique title of them all.

For being part of the six-way tie for 2nd Place in the 2017 Ghostly Art Contest! Spirit of YouChew 2017 That's a lot of love! bubble gum and taffy For receiving some chalky, tasteless candy! For giving away those sweet treats! Gave Umigame an AGSMA attack. For participating in the 2009 and 2010 Secret Santa event For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards For getting 20 awards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos mmmmmricher Congrats on having completed 5 matches!

JokeyBRPG

Finally, making progress on one of my game project and this one showcases the early prototype of PROCEDURAL ROAD GENERATION.

I decided to make only straight roads and corners to test out potential design problems. Next up for development - basic procedural enemy spawner and game-over condition to make a MVP (minimally viable product) good enough for testing

For meeting NationOfOranges696! For participating in the Youtube Poop Secret Santa event of 2016 Top 10 Videos of Dec 2016 (Sentence mix-core) For being a part of the Recommended YouTube Poops of October & November 2016

& April 2017 For staying strike free for 1 year. October 2016, the "I put the video in the wrong section so DF could personally grant me this award" award. Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

zoc

Listening to this while working on battle database stuff in my game is predictably rather fitting

User with Funniest Signatures 2017 SURE! WHAT'S A BIG SISTER FOR? For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Thanks for the donation Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Congratulations on getting the award you've longed to get for the longest time now! For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years January 2013 - Brain rape/Rape-core Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. For being on the Vanilla forums for 87 days before it was shut down

KingHeavy

I've considered picking up Clickteam Fusion, but I don't know if it's good for actual game development.

For staying strike free for 3 years. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Top 10 Videos of May 2016 For staying strike free for 1 year. Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos