• Announcements

• Whelt

Metroid Game Challenge!   09/03/2017

There's a Metroid game challenge going on now. Check it out in the Games forum!
The Pope

Fire Emblem

Which Fire Emblem game(s) do you most want to see remade/remasterered in the near future?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which Fire Emblem game(s) do you most want to see remade/remasterered in the near future?

• Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light/Mystery of the Emblem (again)
    • Genealogy of the Holy War/Thracia 776
    • The Binding Blade/The Blazing Blade
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn

3,066 replies to this topic

Whelt   
Whelt

No, cutscenes don't change. You'll find out everything by the time the game ends.

Metroid Prime 2 100% Metroid: Zero Mission early Varia Suit and Screw Attack Metroid: Zero Mission under 2 hours Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Friendliest User 2015, Smartest User 2015
User with Funniest Avatars 2016
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Member with Funniest Posts 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Smartest User 2017
Member with Funniest Posts 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2016
2013 For the categories of Spirit of YouChew and Funniest Posts.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

Parappatherapper   
Parappatherapper

So, I'm assuming by the way that people can actually survive certain attacks during cutscenes in this game? Because sometimes it will say something like it's a 97% chance to hit. Does the story change then/you get the character?

EDIT: Oh yeah, and Basilio is a badass.

Speaking of bad ass, Mustafa is seriously awesome. In fact, that chapter where you have to fight him and his Plegian soldiers was easily the most emotional part of the game for me. Also, the music is one of my favorite pieces in the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWO4ff1HXYY

For staying strike free for 7 years. Thanks for the donation. "Oh, how I hate those meenie masters! How they make my penis turn!" -Dopply circa 2010 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 29 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 29 videos

Ozarhok   
Ozarhok

I thought that chapter went way overboard in trying to be emotional, and it just felt akward, though I do like that song.

The galaxy is at peace Metroid Prime early Ice Beam, Plasma Beam, and Power Bombs Metroid Fusion complete Super Metroid under 2 hours Metroid: Zero Mission 100% Metroid Prime 100% I chew chew chewse you! That's a lot of love!

For collecting all 45 unique candy hearts. *suggestive wave* EAT IT For getting 20 awards For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages during the community challenge. For completing Adventure of Link during the community challenge. For completing Majora's Mask with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing Majora's Mask during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For staying strike free for 5 years. For winning the Mario Party 2 Netplay Tournament. Know what I mean? For clearing Mario 2: The Lost Levels during the community challenge event. For clearing Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door during the community challenge event. For clearing all of the games required for this prestigious award! Good work! Wow! For clearing Mario 1-3 & World during the community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario Galaxy 2 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario Sunshine 100% during a community challenge event. E3 2015 Bingo For clearing Sonic 3 & Knuckles during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. can fire in spurts Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Mmmmm...richer!

The Pope   
The Pope

I disagree; I think it was easily one of the most emotionally powerful chapters in the entire series, and that track is one of the best songs in the whole series.

Overall while there are things I dislike about Awakening, I've got to say that its soundtrack is overall probably my favorite of the series.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting 20 awards Wads of dosh It's like giving heals to each of your five idiot teammates. Except you never play healer. I do. It's definitely not Hancock loooool For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. User with Funniest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For getting in the Super Silver donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

Buffalo   
Buffalo

It's very hard to pick just one song that I love from the game.

For staying strike free for 5 years. For getting 20 awards For meeting Jintai! User with Funniest Avatars 2016 For getting all the standard ornaments For clearing Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga during our community challenge event & placing 6th in the Mario Madness Mario Kart 8 tournament. For staying strike free for 3 years. For clearing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario Galaxy to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic 1 during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. of the DK Crew. Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos for participating in ten excellent collaborations For participating in the 2014 Spooky Poop Contest! For getting first place in the 2014 Spooky Poop Contest. Congratulations! For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! ChewChew Rocket! Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos December 2013 - Overall, Regular Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

The Pope   
The Pope

Id (Purpose), Conqust (Ablaze), and "Don't you speak her name...!" are probably my favorites from this one.

Arena Ferox will probably mostly just get Awakening musical representation, which I'm cool with; I just hope Colosseum in Wii U's Smash gets some stuff from past games, because they all have pretty stellar soundtracks.

You know, I really love 13 (Awakening)'s soundtrack, but 10 (Radiant Dawn) might still hold that crown for me. If some of them got reorchestrations with, you know, actual orchestras, I would probably die.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting 20 awards Wads of dosh It's like giving heals to each of your five idiot teammates. Except you never play healer. I do. It's definitely not Hancock loooool For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. User with Funniest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For getting in the Super Silver donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

Parappatherapper   
Parappatherapper

I still have a soft spot in my heart for 7's, mostly because of nostalgia. The GBA had some pretty bad sound in my opinion. I mean there are still good songs for the games on GBA but overall the sound chip did not do anyone any favors. Awakening is technically better in almost every way but nothing says Fire Emblem to me more than say Stratagem and the ever popular Together We Ride. Just my opinion though.

For staying strike free for 7 years. Thanks for the donation. "Oh, how I hate those meenie masters! How they make my penis turn!" -Dopply circa 2010 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 29 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 29 videos

Moogle   
Moogle

As far as gameplay goes, Awakening probably has the worst to offer to the series since the really early games. Bland stage design, uninteresting map objectives and the fighting mostly revolving around sending paired-up units in different directions where they rout everything in sight. I sure have a feeling Pair Up isn't returning in the next game (should they make one, because iirc they have been seriously considering quitting prior to Awakening); it's broken beyond belief.

It probably succeeded on all other fronts sans gameplay though - but I'll always believe it's this component that's central. Okay, I guess I didn't enjoy the anime cliche-ridden storyline/character content either, but I could more than ignore it if the game were good.

For staying strike free for 5 years. top 420 anime boobz ROBOT BUNNY BOOBS December 2011 - Overall December 2011 - "LEAKED FINAL FANTASY TACTICS 2 TRAILER" (Classic) Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 34 days before it was shut down good job, you jerk. (DONE, VOTE) and stuff! Congratulations! your face I could eat I'm so hungry Oh boy Yaaaaaayyyyyyy!

Whelt   
Whelt

Awakening was probably the most successful release outside of Japan, so I'm sure they will make more. But yeah pair up will likely be overhauled because it kind of was broken.

Metroid Prime 2 100% Metroid: Zero Mission early Varia Suit and Screw Attack Metroid: Zero Mission under 2 hours Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Friendliest User 2015, Smartest User 2015
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Smartest User 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

Ozarhok   
Ozarhok

One of my biggest problems with Awakening is pair up, I hate turning half of my units into glorified stat boosters. It's not as bad on Normal, but for parts of Hard & all of Lunatic, it's practically a must.

The galaxy is at peace Metroid Prime early Ice Beam, Plasma Beam, and Power Bombs Metroid Fusion complete Super Metroid under 2 hours Metroid: Zero Mission 100% Metroid Prime 100% I chew chew chewse you! That's a lot of love!

For collecting all 45 unique candy hearts. *suggestive wave* EAT IT For getting 20 awards For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages during the community challenge. For completing Adventure of Link during the community challenge. For completing Majora's Mask with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing Majora's Mask during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For staying strike free for 5 years. For winning the Mario Party 2 Netplay Tournament. Know what I mean? For clearing Mario 2: The Lost Levels during the community challenge event. For clearing Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door during the community challenge event. For clearing all of the games required for this prestigious award! Good work! Wow! For clearing Mario 1-3 & World during the community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario Galaxy 2 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario Sunshine 100% during a community challenge event. E3 2015 Bingo For clearing Sonic 3 & Knuckles during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. can fire in spurts Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Mmmmm...richer!

The Pope   
The Pope

No other game in the series has pairing up.

So if you like the rest of the game but don't like pair up...uhhh, try another game!

A brief history for the uninitiated:

1-6 were never released stateside. 1-2 were on NES; 1 (Shadow Dragons and the Blade of Light) starred Marth, while 2 (Gaiden) took place in the same world and time but on a different continent and starred Alm.

3-5 were on SNES; 3 (Mystery of the Emblem) was a remake of 1 with a bit of 2 and an extra story added in, 4 (Genealogy of the Holy War) starred Seliph and his son Sigurd, and 5 (Thracia 776) starred Leif, and took place in the middle of 4.

6-8 are on GBA; 6 (Binding Blade) is the one with Roy, 7 (Blazing Sword, or just "Fire Emblem" to us stupid illiterate Americans) was the first to be released stateside and stars Roy's pappy Eliwood and friends (including Lyn, who you may recognize as an Assist Trophy). 8 (Sacred Stones) is the only standalone game in the series, and stars incredibly incestuous twins Eirika and Ephraim.

9 (Path of Radiance) was on GC, starring Ike. 10 (Radiant Dawn) is the sequel on Wii, which starts off with a new cast led by Micaiah, but Ike eventually factors back in.

11-12 were on DS. 11 (New Shadow Dragons and the Blade of Light, or just "SHADOW DRAGON" to us stupid Americans) was a remake of 1. It was poop. 12 (New Mystery of the Emblem: Heroes of Light and Shadow) was a remake of 3 (which is a remake of 1 mind you, so much Marth circle-jerk christ), and I hear it's decent, but I wouldn't know because it was only released in Japan. Whoops!

And then 13 is Awakening.

So to recap, if you live stateside, you have legal access to 7-11 and Awakening. My personal recommendations are 7 and 9. 10's my personal favorite, but 7 hooked America onto the franchise for a reason; it doesn't have a lot of the other games' flashy mechanics, but it's just so solidly put together. 9 is pretty easy, but I love the hell out of it. If you like 9, move on to 10; don't play 10 first, though, because the game makes no attempt to clue you in to 9's story, assuming you've already played it. 8 is good, but not amazing; the least good of the stateside games. I say least good, because 11 isn't even good; it's crap, and the only game in the series I regret buying.

Ozarhok   
Ozarhok

I agree with The Pope as far as recommended games go, 7 & 9 are excellent introductions to the series (if you don't mind how pricey they can be).

I have a few of the Japanese only ones, and they're easy to play through while reading a translation online. The texts come in spurts, so you don't have to keep looking for the script everytime someone says something, save the occasional town visit & boss quote. I've easily played 3 & 6 this way.

Or you could just emulate them and apply an english patch

The Pope   
The Pope

I played a patched 6.

It was...okay. Not bad, I'd put it around 8 level of quality.

Maybe it's because I'm jaded, but it just didn't have the same level of oomph that 7 did.

MAZZ0Murder   
MAZZ0Murder

Parring up has the disadvantage of giving you smaller numbers to work with, so there's that. At the same time it's a slow and steady way to victory if you pair people well.

It's a little itchy. For staying warn free for 9 years For completing Link's Awakening during the community challenge. For getting 20 awards For collecting all the silver cards For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For collecting all the bronze cards For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years August 2012 - "Chick-Fil-A-Ghey_Spaghetti" (Classic) August 2012 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 73 days before it was shut down From scrubbing all the floors in Hyrule to pinching Wendy's pennies and much more, this medal commemorating poop uploading is hereby awarded to you! Ten matches! Five matches! For meeting up with Yenehckcid! Thanks for being Strike-Free! Congrats

supreme_slayer   
supreme_slayer

You say to play 7 and 9, but I don't own a gamecube, and I gave away my Advanced.

For staying strike free for 7 years. Hosting the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange God the Hedgehog For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Halloween Festival awards. Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 For participating in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest Apparently I was eligible for this all along. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Certainly quite a few pictures you've made there. For his 2011 Festival contribution

Whelt   
Whelt

Not to mention, the GC and Wii games are absurdly expensive now. Unless you emulate or shell out for it, it's not easy to get.

Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Smartest User 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017

The Pope   
The Pope

Parring up has the disadvantage of giving you smaller numbers to work with, so there's that.

Except if you've played a single game in the series (hell, a single chapter), you'll understand that the game defaults on the mindset that small, powerful armies are always superior to massive, weak armies.

Also, 7's on the eShop if you live in Europe. I'm really hoping Gamecube games will come to the Wii U eShop soon; there's really no reason for them not to be on there, unless some bullshit about disc space, but that's a lousy excuse.

I guess all I can say is either get the original games or keep your ears open. I can only hope that 7 will come to US shores on the eShop soon enough, and the idea of playing 7 on the big screen/gamepad with built-in savestates is awesome. Might motivate me to finally try to beat the game on Hard.

Yeah, I've never beaten 7 on Hard. Shit's fuckin tough.

Parappatherapper   
Parappatherapper

Don't feel too badly Pope. I've not beaten it either. I've also realized I will never beat Hector Hard mode because I had a difficult time getting through Hector mode on normal.

The Pope   
The Pope

I can do Hector Normal okay, but Eliwood Hard? fergetaboutit

Today I think I could manage it; the last thing I recall is Chapter 14 and Erik suddenly showing up with a fucking Silver Lance or something instead of an Iron Lance wrecking my shit.

With 8 and 9, though, Hard's the only way I get any challenge out of them, they're so easy. Though Hard in 9 does have its own complications, namely trying to fight the Black Knight and Ashnard. Oh how I long for the day where I can redo those fights with save states.

Fuck Hard on 10, though. I love that game, but Hard isn't even fair. It doesn't just jack up enemy stats; it removes the weapon triangle and disables your ability to see enemy range. That's not difficult, that's annoying and only serves to fuck with your head.

Ozarhok   
Ozarhok

I never had difficulties with either of 7's hard modes, mainly because I boss abused the last boss of Lyn Hard Mode so that all the characters I'm using form that mode are at level 15, someday I'll go through Hector Hard Mode without going through Lyn mode. 8 & 9 weren't really difficult at all, not much to say about those. I liked 10's hard mode, outside of a few annoying chapters (1-F for example), it wasn't too bad. 13's Lunatic mode was crazy brutal for the first 6 chapters, but gets a  lot easier once I got Robin up a bunch of levels. And I had Donnel as a hero with a forged brave sword & Olivia pair up that could solo most of the game if he wanted to.

But 6 has to be the hardest hard mode I played. The hit rates are awful, the maps are too big; meaning that each chapter goes on for too long, for the first 9 or so chapters all of the enemies have equal or higher stats then most of your units, and it has two of the hardest/most annoying chapters in the series, chapter 7 (you have to rush to rescue 3 green units, two of which die really easily, there's two wyvern riders that have crazy stats that are really hard to take down, the reinforcements that show up a few turns in have silver weapons) & chapter 14 (desert, fog of war, you have to protect a very fragile unit, hordes of reinforcements, basically has 3 bosses, you have to beat it in a certain amount of turns, very tough dragon enemies, & sleep staves). I don't think I'll be playing 6's hard mode very often.