theFXexpert

[General Poop Discussion] OAH Shipt, Mah Boi's DINNER is Cold!

8,617 replies to this topic

Igg
Posted (edited)

Yeah, figured that was the case. I've been out of the loop lately in regards to YTP as a whole, so I figured I might as well ask if there was some big dip in popularity of late.

I doubt YTP will ever die completely as long as online video remains a popular medium, but those google trends do seem to imply a shift downward in overal interest over the past 4 years. However it is important to recognize that many people who already know what it is probably don't bother google searching it again, so that might simply imply a decline in new exposure as opposed to a decline in overall popularity.

Edit: Huh, now this I found interesting, using youtube's trends: 9WsCCP8.jpg

Edited by Igg
For staying strike free for 7 years. Best Improving Artist 2018 Submitting 5 videos to the Video System Found the secret edit. For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

喜多嶋 / Kitajima
10 hours ago, GuffKid said:
10 hours ago, Igg said:

It was said in the Future of YouChew thread that YTP was dying out due to the algorithm changes on YT... I am kinda skeptical of that statement as people have claimed it was dying since 2012 or so and it just got more popular. Has anyone noticed some big drop in interest in YTP in the past few years?

Not really. Depends on how you perceive interest. It's certainly fallen out of the mainstream though. From my experience, the algorithm only fucks you over if you go inactive for a prolonged amount of time. I learned this the hard way...

YTP has "evolved" with time, and transformed greatly in the last 14 years. As it has progressed, participating members have phased in and out, with the founding presence being greatly removed from what the genre/community is as of present. As time has passed, the past generation has come to lament their ever changing present reality by declaring the genre dead (the future just aint what it used to be...)

YouChew was a creation brought forth by the pre-2010 YTPers and those who joined shortly after; as the years passed and the community/genre strayed further from what these members originally knew it as, their interest waned and they in turn began to feel it was dying or becoming stale.*This is a generalization to some extent, mass community drama may have played a role, and other factors such as Google's growing reliance on automated detection systems and mass video removal deterred many producers

In regards to the ever present claim that "YTP is dead," it is worth noting this sentiment (which is often echoed by the core YouChew users) differs from the majority of people that are actively producing and consuming them. The pre-2010 YTP community of YouChew and the post-2010 community have remained in two distant/separate spheres (for the most part.)

[YouChew] have a lot of distance from what the YTP community is now, which consists of people who act like the modern YTers (like, comment, subscribe!) instead of the absurdist anarchists of early YTP.

Spoiler

To be fair, I always admired the "anarchist" outlook of this place, it's a fascinating YouTube counterculture. I think disdain for the YouTube platform and its many hypocritical mishaps is something all YTPers can agree upon

Despite what some will say, this genre has persisted all these years, and there has never been a shortage of entertaining videos. Even if some analytics display that it is on a bit of a decline, there's no denying the high level of individual success and popularity some have found creating these videos far surpasses that of their past peers.

The real question is, how much will it continue to decline, and will it ever reach the 2010/2015 peaks again? Perhaps it is worth reflecting on those periods and understanding why the genre had became so popular.

For staying strike free for 1 year. For fighting the battle in the name of Poop For being a part of the Recommended Poops of September 2017 For participating in the 2017 Spooky Poop Contest! For taking 2nd Place in the 2017 Spooky Poop Contest! Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

Igg

I find it very interesting how "YTP" slowly replaced "Youtube Poop" in youtube searches. Now I realize I should have thrown YTPMV in there as they were/are quite popular even outside of the typical YTP audience.

I don't know how these trends are calculated and what the graphs mean exactly either. It might be simply the raw number of searches per unit time scaled on a 0 to 100 graph (doubtful), or they might be displaying how the number of searches for each unit time that "YTP" and "Youtube Poop" compared to all other searches, the y axis scale being the highest and the lowest of either, with 100 on the graph being the highest of either YTP/total or Youtube Poop/total, and 0 being the lowest of either two. I imagine it is calculated something more like the latter, and if that is the case, YTP may very well still be seeing an increase in the number of searches, but is just become less popular in comparison to other search terms. In other words, YTP might not be declining at all, but is just growing more slowly in comparison to other genres than it did in the past.

I probably made a bunch of math guys vomit with that, but I think the general idea I put here might be valid.

This has peaked my interest quite a bit, I will need to look into this more tomorrow

For staying strike free for 7 years. Best Improving Artist 2018 Submitting 5 videos to the Video System Found the secret edit. For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

NitroEdits

Even though you had not put out a proper article out on your own, you were very helpful in our YouTube Poop articles during your time here, so consider this our last hurrah before moving on with our lives. Best Musician 2018 For staying strike free for 3 years. Submitting 100 videos to the Video System Hey, g-give me a boost, Mario. For taking 2nd Place in the 2017 Spooky Poop Contest! User with Coolest Avatars 2017 For participating in the 2016 Spooky Poop Contest Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Top 10 Videos of Aug 2016_2 For having a YouTube Poop being a part of our latest Recommended YouTube Poops listing. (June 2016)

and November 2017 Top 10 Videos of Apr 2016 (Sentence mix-core) For staying strike free for 1 year. Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Participated in the 2015 YouTube Poop Secret Santa Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Furnessly
12 hours ago, StockReady said:

@Furnessly I was about to say that I would have liked to check "Professor Von Schlemmer Hires Maurizio De Jorio" one last time, but then I found this Dailymotion account:

https://www.dailymotion.com/Furnessly

I take it's not you who made it?

Oh right, I forgot about that. Yeah, I made it. It was originally for source material but ended up being an almost entire archive. I think there are a couple of videos missing but you're not missing much.

btw, I made that video as a tribute to UncleChuckTH's video Piston Brains Explode into Max Coveri (or something like that, it was the AoSTH 3 Way). Shame the original was removed from Youtube and disappeared.

Still, who knows how long that account is going to be there for and how long Dailymotion is going to be around. Then there are people who never go to Dailymotion. Also while the videos were backed up into 2 different hard drives, even that is sketchy. One hard drive is MIA (and doesn't cover the later 2009-2010 and 2016 eras) and the other might not work anymore.... Even then my first two videos were never backed up since the computer failed before it got a chance and the last ones I think died on the laptop that they were made on along with the PS1/Saturn/Lupin the 3rd stuff.

For staying warn free for 9 years For going for broke, and reaching it! For writing 10221 words worth in blog entries. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 256 days before it was shut down Thanks for being Strike-Free for three years! For uploading five poops! For being a Tennis favorite of the Fucks! For completing ten tennis matches! For completing five tennis matches! Thanks for being Strike-Free! Thanks for writing plenty of news articles!

StockReady

Oh, okay. I found the account through Chewiki.

I also just learned that Dailymotion has been around since 2005. I always assumed it was launched a few years later, like in 2008 or so.

For staying warn free for 9 years Boihood For staying strike free for 7 years. 2015 Contest - John Metravolta Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Thanks for the donation. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos October 2012 - Overall, Regular Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 13 videos

PancakeLord117

DinnerWarrior has uploaded a new video after a long hiatus, and it's definitely worth checking out.

For staying strike free for 1 year. Best Newcomer 2018 Thanks for your contributions to the Chewiki! Submitting 25 videos to the Video System BWAAAH! For the Fried Chili Cheese Dogs collab! For the Fried Chili Cheese Dogs collab! For participating in ten successful collabs! For being a part of the Recommended Poops of January 2018 Submitting 5 videos to the Video System Top 10 Videos of Aug 2017

Gabrian CETVMedia

Definitely the 250 subscribers special will be released sometime on late August/September for that zone which was now 50-75% done by way, so how 'bout that? :)

Top 10 Videos of May 2018_2 (YTPMV) OH NO!!! You should never share your toothbrush! Top 10 Videos of Jan 2018 (YTPMV) For staying strike free for 1 year. Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

Morimoto

This asdfmovie YTP is going along very nicely, with a minute of jokes already edited. 

The poop is intended to mainly be an asdfmovie11 YTP (it will still form the bulk of the jokes, though) but I'll pad it out with gags from the other episodes for a longer video. I might probably turn it to a 17.5K subscriber special.

After this I may make a YTPMV for the ILVG4 collab, since I am already thinking of making a Pokemon route YTPMV.

For staying strike free for 3 years. Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For being a part of the Recommended YouTube Poops of October & November 2016 Top 10 Videos of Oct 2016_2 (Regular) / Top 10 Videos of Oct 2016_2 (YTPMV) Top 10 Videos of Oct 2016_2 Submitting 25 videos to the Video System For coming in 2nd Place in the 2016 Ghostly Art Contest! For participating in the 2016 Ghostly Art Contest For staying strike free for 1 year. For completing A Link to the Past during the community challenge. Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

GuffKid

Since I've been rather inactive when it comes to new YTP's or major uploads in general lately, I figured that I would post my current roadmap for the rest of 2018.

Things that aren't 100% set in stone yet will have an asterisk (*) next to them

August [Note, these only have release dates because they're both practically done]

• The Super Smash Bros Direct 8.8.2018 is an experience - Releases sometime this weekend. [Note: This is NOT a YTP imo due to how minimally it is edited. Though I still feel need to put it on here as it is a "major video" for me. You should still check it out tho when it comes out]
  • The Grilled Cheese YTP Collab - Releases by August 31st

September

• "Best of Kerk Froggy on Sesame Seed Buns" (Sesame Street YTP)
  • Entry for @XxYoshie's Training Video Collab(*)

October

• Untitled Mr Men Show YTP
  • Announcement of a new YTP collab (Still undecided what it will be about as I have multiple collab ideas)

November

• Entry for @Myuacc1 Inc.'s Disney Shorts Collab
  • Untitled Ducktales 2017 YTP (*)

December

• Untitled Chowder YTP

Also, just as a note; in 2019, I plan on branching out my content to compensate both Animation & YTP. More details on that will be shared when that time comes.

It's yours, my friend. Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

GSgiraffes

Currently I'm not working on any large projects but I'd certainly like to squeeze in a ytp before I go back to school and maybe start a tennis match if I get a good idea.

Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For completing five multi-way tennis matches! Why, it's even got my name on it! For the History of Japan Collab! Top 10 Videos of Dec 2017_2 (Regular) Hey, gimme a boost, Mario! Hey. You should have this again! For staying strike free for 1 year. For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event!

You need to limit the times you eat sugars and starches each day. 

For being a part of the Recommended YouTube Poops of August 2017 Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Submitting 5 videos to the Video System Top 10 Videos of Jul 2016 (YTPMV)

DSYTP

Currently workin' on a Grilled Cheese entry as on right now.

For staying strike free for 1 year. For participating in the 2017 Chew or Treat Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

NitroEdits

I got an EDP445 poop that I started and want to finish so I think that's my next project rn

school's gonna fuck me over so at this moment big projects are an afterthought at least for now

Even though you had not put out a proper article out on your own, you were very helpful in our YouTube Poop articles during your time here, so consider this our last hurrah before moving on with our lives. Best Musician 2018 For staying strike free for 3 years. Submitting 100 videos to the Video System Hey, g-give me a boost, Mario. For taking 2nd Place in the 2017 Spooky Poop Contest! User with Coolest Avatars 2017 For participating in the 2016 Spooky Poop Contest Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Top 10 Videos of Aug 2016_2 For having a YouTube Poop being a part of our latest Recommended YouTube Poops listing. (June 2016)

and November 2017 Top 10 Videos of Apr 2016 (Sentence mix-core) For staying strike free for 1 year. Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Participated in the 2015 YouTube Poop Secret Santa Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Paperking99

I'm still working on Round Three against Sagan. It will probably be done sometime next month, if I don't procrastinate like I usually do. 

Afterwards, I have plans for another Scaredy Squirrel poop.

For obtaining 50 awards. sometimes pizza times it sometimes it sometimes it sometimes pizza times pizza Wear it with pride. For staying strike free for 3 years. Best YouTube Pooper 2018 BWAAAH! For getting 90 5-star ratings For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For getting all the standard ornaments For participating in Chewloween 2017 Placing 1st in Chew-or-Treat (2017) For being part of the six-way tie for 2nd Place in the 2017 Ghostly Art Contest! For participating in the 2017 Ghostly Art Contest! The birds...the birds...the birds... Best YouTube Pooper 2017
Best Tenniser 2017
User with Funniest Signatures 2017
User with Best Signatures 2018 For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event!

I am Dr. Rabbit! Bubblegum and taffy EYELASHES! For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For participating in the Youtube Poop Secret Santa event of 2016 For organizing 5 sucessful collabs. For the Random Letter YTP Collab For taking 2nd Place in the 2016 Spooky Poop Contest! For participating in the 2016 Spooky Poop Contest Thanks for contributing to Chewiki! For getting 20 awards For reaching this poop milestone. Having 40 5-star ratings on your videos For completing 5 tennis matches. For buying out Morshu's shop! Mmm...Richard! For hosting the 9th Anniversary Art Contest! Lucario For staying strike free for 1 year. For being a part of the Recommended YouTube Poops of March & April 2016. For collecting all the silver cards Submitting 100 videos to the Video System For collecting all the bronze cards Top 10 Videos of Mar 2016 / Top 10 Videos of Mar 2016 (Brain rape/Rape-core) Top 10 Videos of Feb 2016 For participating in over 10 successful collabs Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For the Peppa Pig Collab For the Peppa Pig Collab Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Toffeeman

I made this a while ago and thought I'd post it here.

For staying strike free for 1 year.

Mæstro Snail

Imagine if there were a group of hip, male YTP makers who lived in California? and they typically were shirtless whenever they made videos? they'd be the Red Hot Chili Poopers.

For your contribution to the YouChew Zine! For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For getting all the standard ornaments For staying warn free for 9 years Mmmmmm For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Wads of dosh For collecting 20 awards. For sharing the love with delicious, inedible candy! For receiving candy hearts from strangers! For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with 3 hearts during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker during the community challenge. User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2016
User with Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2017 Initial concept

Designed cards #8, #11, #17, #24, #27, #30, #51, #56, #58, #69, #87

Illustrated card #98

Designed background card and awards

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For coming in 1st in the Ghostly Art Contest 2015  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! For staying strike free for 7 years. Successfully met up with Richard Nixon's long-lost daughter. Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Ratburn Van Helsing Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years