bob

General Video Game Chat Rising: Revengeance

15,561 posts in this topic

"What a scoop!"

But in all seriousness, jesus. Can't wait till the news articles about it.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

So they believe that games nowadays are too politically correct, colorful and with higher artistic interests, so they're trying to counter that by making something that goes entirely against this trend. So something offensive, devoid of color and mindless.

that sounds like bullshit to me

For clearing Super Mario Bros. during our community challenge event. For clearing Sonic 1 during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years User with Funniest Signatures 2014 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year For the category of Best Newcomer.

Yeah, they're probably just mental. There's no trend of games being to politically correct.

Plus if they really wanted to make a game as politically incorrect as possible, we would have seen at least one baby get skinned and raped in that trailer.

Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 E3 Bingo 2015 "Best Artist" - 2014 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For having a blog entry featured. Getting 3rd in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest For participating in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest!

Forgot to mention that I'm an unlockable character in Hatred. You just have to walk on every square in the game and beat the Elite Four 100 times, then inspect the white rock in Mossdeep city.

For introducing TomServo3 to the forum That's a lot of love! For obtaining 50 awards. Anime is shit I'm good at spreading love. but he's a creep and he chipped one of my permanent teeth! For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For service! For meeting Benedetto! For being a part of at least one Recommended YouTube Poops article, primarily the September & October 2014 one. For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing The Wind Waker with 3 hearts during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker during the community challenge. We've got to have MONEY! Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2017 For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the 2015 YouTube Poop Secret Santa For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For getting all the standard ornaments Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Thank you very much for your donations. For clearing Sonic 2 during the community challenge event. First place in the Super Smash Smackdown³! 3DS singles He's the leader of the bunch For your interview with Captpan6. For taking third place in the 2014 Spooky Poop Contest. Congratulations! Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards October 2014 - "oh yeah mama luigi" (Overall, Regular) Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Tiny tennis rackets! Tiny tennis rackets! Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
User with Coolest Signatures 2015
Most Likely to Rule the World 2015
Member with Funniest Posts 2017
User with Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017 Best Newcomer 2014 April 2014 - Overall, Regular, Brain rape/Rape-core For having a blog entry featured. For writing 10032 words worth in blog entries. Anarchy Collab Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Getting 2nd in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 For participating in the 2013 Spooky Poop Halloween contest MMMMMMMMMMMM Thanks for the donation Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

EDIT: Sauce don't bother responding because I've honestly had my fill of your shit for about 4 years

Maybe if you werent so full of shit you'd be good at games!

(User was Baned for this post)

For clearing Super Mario Bros. during our community challenge event. For clearing Sonic 1 during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years User with Funniest Signatures 2014 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year For the category of Best Newcomer.

Can't wait for my cousin to get the hands on this game and having a massive orgasm with killing people because it's cool.

Spirit of YouChew 2017 That's a lot of love! bubble gum and taffy For receiving some chalky, tasteless candy! For giving away those sweet treats! Gave Umigame an AGSMA attack. For participating in the 2009 and 2010 Secret Santa event For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards For getting 20 awards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos mmmmmricher Congrats on having completed 5 matches!

So I don't know how far I am into Dark Souls 2 but why are the bosses so easy? I remember a good deal of the bosses in the first game and Demon's Souls giving me a lot of trouble, but out of the 12 bosses I've defeated so far, only 3 of them have actually required a second attempt (Smelter Demon took me 3 tries, to be fair).

I don't know if I'm getting better at the game or, more likely, the bosses are just much easier than the previous games.

EDIT: Sauce don't bother responding because I've honestly had my fill of your shit for about 4 years

There are far more bosses, and most of them are pretty damn easy, yeah. A lot of them just feel like pointless roadblocks too. Like, what the fuck is the covetous demon and why is it in the game?

For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

Yeah, they're probably just mental. There's no trend of games being to politically correct.

While I agree, I've noticed that a lot of people have used the opinion that games or gaming have become too "politically correct" as a pretext for harassment and general shit-stirring over the past two years or so in particular. I guess at the very least the existence of a game like this says a lot about how pointless and superficial that mindset is.

For staying warn free for 9 years Designing card #18 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013
Smartest User 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years December 2012 - Overall For the category of Member With Funniest Posts, Smartest User 2014, Smartest User 2015, Smartest User 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 8 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 225 days before it was shut down

I can say for sure that Hatred accurately sums up everything wrong with the modern state of gaming. Total lack of unique and interesting visuals, reliance on "edgy" gimmicks, gratuitous violence, and "EXTREME DARK EVIL COOL CHARACTERZ". Shit like this is what makes the news think everyone that plays video games is a nutjob who could go on a psychotic rampage any second. This is one of the most reprehensible games I've ever seen, and if anyone I know plays and enjoys this unironically, I think I'll sever all ties to them.

Sorry for venting, but this game just really pisses me off since it just makes the whole "gamers are bloodlusting sociopaths" stereotype even worse. God, I really need to play something happy and cutesy now just to get my mind off this bullshit.

For clearing Sonic CD during the community challenge event. Well fuck you, take it anyway. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

I could be wrong but I feel like a game like this is not going to get any sort of major coverage outside of your usual video game journalist writing the typical "Are video games dead because of X?" article that always gets shat out these days. They're very clearly trying to cash in on reactions and I don't think the game is interesting enough outside of its obvious concept to pull a ton of people in. It's nothing even worth getting upset about.

For staying warn free for 9 years Wads of dosh For being part of the Recommended Poops of December 2016 For getting 90 5-star ratings Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Thanks for the donation! For completing Super Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards to kick some tail Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos User with Funniest Signatures 2014, 
Best Writer 2014
User with Funniest Signatures 2015 November 2013 - "drake bell power slide" (Overall, Classic) Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 2013
User with Funniest Avatars - 2015
Best Writer 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks YOUTUBE'S NOT ATHLETIC December 2011 - Regular, Classic Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. http://youchew.net/forum/index.php?/page/index.html/_/mediareviews/bad-teacher-review-r384 You've had that down there for quite a while now, haven't you?<br />
<br />
Spreading Lago Love

http://youtu.be/RrX7G-1xPLs

I know games like this couldn't have been made during the 80s but dude this looks like it has no place in 2014. This is truly an example of edgy on purpose.

I don't really get why people in the comments are saying "You're a hypocrite if you hate this but you're ok with GTA, Saints Row, Postal, or Call of Duty!".

I'm not entirely sure why so many people are in including CoD in those comments(I've only ever played the multiplayer of Black Ops 2), but I thought in GTA, Saints Row, and Postal(The second one at least), you tend to get penalized for killing civilians, while in Hatred over here, you're (seemingly) being rewarded for doing so.

For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For staying strike free for 5 years. Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Harrison Ford Trivia

It kind of reminds me of an idea I had for a game, except with that the edginess was deliberately over-the-top and tongue-in-cheek, as a satire of games like DmC.

At least it had a somewhat original idea, that instead of using guns you used all kinds of mundane objects you find out in the streets to perform your deeds as well as your tongue which could stretch out really long and grab unto things. At the end of each level you would get graded on how creative you were, how many combos you pulled and the damage you took...

Alas I'm mostly just an ideas guy.

For staying strike free for 5 years. For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

It kind of reminds me of an idea I had for a game, except with that the edginess was deliberately over-the-top and tongue-in-cheek, as a satire of games like DmC.

At least it had a somewhat original idea, that instead of using guns you used all kinds of mundane objects you find out in the streets to perform your deeds as well as your tongue which could stretch out really long and grab unto things. At the end of each level you would get graded on how creative you were, how many combos you pulled and the damage you took...

Sounds a bit like Postal (without the deliberately overdone edginess woops didn't read that).

Edited by Mashu
For staying strike free for 5 years. For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For clearing Super Mario Bros., Super Mario World, and Super Mario 64 during our community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for having 40 5-star ratings on your videos For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. January 2015 - "CDI '06" (YTPMV) For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years With an iron fist Press start to begin For participating in the 2013 Spooky Poop Halloween contest Thanks for the donation For your piece on Kraven Manor, all I can say is good job. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year June 2012 - Overall, Brain rape/Rape-core Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Sounds a bit like Postal (without the deliberately overdone edginess woops didn't read that).

I think it sounds more like MadWorld, what with that scoring system.

For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For staying strike free for 5 years. Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Harrison Ford Trivia

I don't really get why people in the comments are saying "You're a hypocrite if you hate this but you're ok with GTA, Saints Row, Postal, or Call of Duty!".

I'm not entirely sure why so many people are in including CoD in those comments(I've only ever played the multiplayer of Black Ops 2), but I thought in GTA, Saints Row, and Postal(The second one at least), you tend to get penalized for killing civilians, while in Hatred over here, you're (seemingly) being rewarded for doing so.

While I don't think they have really high aspirations for this game, its mere existence and ultimate reception do raise some interesting questions about violence in games and game design in general. Yeah, games like GTA usually don't force you to indiscriminately kill civilians, but plenty of people do it anyway, and it might arguably be worse to freely commit violence in a game that doesn't even demand it of you. The intentions might differ, but the violence is just as deliberate in each game. So do the intentions matter? And if so, whose? The creator's, or the player's? Does the relationship between game mechanics and subject matter factor into whether a depiction of violence is more or less tasteful? And if so, how? Is a commitment to the belief that violent games do not foster violent mindsets undermined by the fact that many people feel disgusted by this game? And if gamers accepted this game's subject matter uncritically, would that be equally damning? How substantial of a justification for violence do people need in order to act it out in the context of a game? What constraints have to exist within a game in order to make people feel morally absolved for doing bad things in spite of their role as the primary agent in the work? And to what extent are players willing to keep or quit playing a game when they find themselves disgusted by the only options it presents them with?

I definitely don't think this game will be good or anything, but it could be interesting point of reference in games criticism where the kind of discourse it spawns proves to be more valuable than the game itself. Books like American Psycho have kind of a similar role in literary studies and it even features the same topic, though you'll probably find more people giving sincere defenses of that book than this game.

For staying warn free for 9 years Designing card #18 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013
Smartest User 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years December 2012 - Overall For the category of Member With Funniest Posts, Smartest User 2014, Smartest User 2015, Smartest User 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 8 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 225 days before it was shut down

You've said a few times that you don't think American Psycho is a very good book. Why is that? Not that I've ever read it, but everyone who I know who has gushes over it.

Anyway, I've been asking myself the same questions in regards to movies I like lately. You can look at something like the Transformers movies and very clearly see some pretty abhorrent moral themes in them, and then be further disturbed by the massive following those films have. But I'm a big fan of Tarantino films. Funny Games is a movie I adore in which a family is murdered by psychopaths who literally ask the audience, "This is what you wanted, right? You're on our side aren't you?" Even though I think the movie makes a really good point, I also un-ironically enjoy a lot of horror movies. It's hard to reconcile that. 

For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

Anyways, is anyone else gonna be in a position to play the halo collection?

Why would we? Everyone knows Halo Wars was the only good Halo game.

For introducing TomServo3 to the forum That's a lot of love! For obtaining 50 awards. Anime is shit I'm good at spreading love. but he's a creep and he chipped one of my permanent teeth! For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For service! For meeting Benedetto! For being a part of at least one Recommended YouTube Poops article, primarily the September & October 2014 one. For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing The Wind Waker with 3 hearts during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker during the community challenge. We've got to have MONEY! Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2017 For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the 2015 YouTube Poop Secret Santa For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For getting all the standard ornaments Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Thank you very much for your donations. For clearing Sonic 2 during the community challenge event. First place in the Super Smash Smackdown³! 3DS singles He's the leader of the bunch For your interview with Captpan6. For taking third place in the 2014 Spooky Poop Contest. Congratulations! Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards October 2014 - "oh yeah mama luigi" (Overall, Regular) Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Tiny tennis rackets! Tiny tennis rackets! Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
User with Coolest Signatures 2015
Most Likely to Rule the World 2015
Member with Funniest Posts 2017
User with Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017 Best Newcomer 2014 April 2014 - Overall, Regular, Brain rape/Rape-core For having a blog entry featured. For writing 10032 words worth in blog entries. Anarchy Collab Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Getting 2nd in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 For participating in the 2013 Spooky Poop Halloween contest MMMMMMMMMMMM Thanks for the donation Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

While I don't think they have really high aspirations for this game, its mere existence and ultimate reception do raise some interesting questions about violence in games and game design in general. Yeah, games like GTA usually don't force you to indiscriminately kill civilians, but plenty of people do it anyway, and it might arguably be worse to freely commit violence in a game that doesn't even demand it of you. The intentions might differ, but the violence is just as deliberate in each game. So do the intentions matter? And if so, whose? The creator's, or the player's? Does the relationship between game mechanics and subject matter factor into whether a depiction of violence is more or less tasteful? And if so, how? Is a commitment to the belief that violent games do not foster violent mindsets undermined by the fact that many people feel disgusted by this game? And if gamers accepted this game's subject matter uncritically, would that be equally damning? How substantial of a justification for violence do people need in order to act it out in the context of a game? What constraints have to exist within a game in order to make people feel morally absolved for doing bad things in spite of their role as the primary agent in the work? And to what extent are players willing to keep or quit playing a game when they find themselves disgusted by the only options it presents them with?

An open sandbox where you can kill people, like GTA, isn't treated the same because for one killing those civilians isnt part of the narrative. In some games, like Infamous(?) you get penalized for killing civilians. It's a choice at worst in most games, the act of killing random people.

as for this though

Is a commitment to the belief that violent games do not foster violent mindsets undermined by the fact that many people feel disgusted by this game?

The fact that its a video game only increases the sensitivity in the sense that people don't want games to have bad PR. I've seen guys mention "fox news" about 5 times since they saw the trailer. Why they don't like it's story and bad main character is because it focuses on a perspective no one would want to see. If this was a trailer made by someone working on their own movie, then people would feel the same way. Save for the extra disappointment based on the fact that this will probably be longer, and there is more money invested in it.