bob

General Video Game Chat Rising: Revengeance

14,056 posts in this topic

I have a weird feeling that Hatred is more of a social experiment than anything.

Wads of dosh For staying warn free for 9 years For your immense generosity. Thanks for helping out with the new server Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For having your blog entry featured. 2013, Smartest User 2014, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Smartest User 2015 2013, User with Coolest Avatars 2014, Favorite Staff Member 2014 2013
User with Coolest Signatures - 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years February 2012 - "I'D SAY HE'S HOT ON OUR TAIL" (Overall, Classic) Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 15 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 243 days before it was shut down

Looks like everyone beat me to the Doom and Postal jokes about Hatred.

So I'll make a joke about how he looks like Jackie Estacado from The Darkne-

I like how they've completely ripped off Jackie Estacado for the main character, even down to the bottomless trenchcoat.

DAMMIT

Fuck I'm always late for everything.

For making it on a few of the Recommended YouTube Poops articles, with the most recent one being for December 2015 & January 2016. For getting 90 5-star ratings Best Musician 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards A No. First a Janitor, now a Café Staffer! Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Best YouTube Pooper 2014
Best YouTube Pooper 2016 1st as "Most Likely to Rule the World" - 2014
Most Likely to Rule the World 2015
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 137 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 137 videos For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos March 2012 - Overall March 2012 - "IM Meen Becomes Self Aware" (Sentence mix-core) For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 7 videos Excellent job, mang. For winning the re-poop contest! Great work!

JAAAYUHHHKEEEEE... CUM TO THA DAAUUUURRRK

Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Friendliest User 2015, Smartest User 2015
User with Funniest Avatars 2016
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Member with Funniest Posts 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2016
2013 For the categories of Spirit of YouChew and Funniest Posts.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

I bought Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut and CoD: Blops 2 for the Wii U. 

For whatever dumb reason, I wasn't actually expecting DE:HR to be an FPS. I thought it was in third-person for some reason. Not bad, but here's where I'm having problems with both games. The Wii U gamepad is incredibly awkward to use in an FPS. The button layouts practically kill it (why the hell can't I just put in my own custom layout?), but it's worse in Deus Ex because I can't find a proper control stick sensitivity setting and you can only use the gamepad. I switched to the Classic Controller Pro for Blops 2 and had a much easier time controlling the game. Hopefully I'll get the hang of things for both games, but I don't think I'll be getting any more FPSs for the Wii U.

For staying warn free for 9 years For getting in the Bronze Tier donation group For getting 20 awards For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For clearing Super Mario Sunshine during our community challenge event & placing 5th in our Mario Madness Mario Kart 8 tournament. For clearing Super Mario Galaxy to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic 3 & Knuckles during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. For completing the Chao Race challenge during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For participating in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest For having your blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 68 days before it was shut down Here you go! For unique dedication to the... rabbit... girl scorpion things. Oh look, what clever users. Kingplatypus: Bulletproof.

I wish there was a PC port of the Darkness 1. That was one of my first next-gen games and one of the best.

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying warn free for 9 years Thanks for contributing to that Chewstream. Granting permission for a card that was later dropped For releasing articles on YouChew's Best of the Year series from 2007-2015. It's gonna hurt It's yours, my friend Thanks for helping out with the new server Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For taking second place in 2014's Chew-or-Treat awards. Congratulations! For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years User with Funniest Avatars 2014 2013, Spirit of YouChew Award 2014, Most Likely to Rule the World 2014, Favorite Staff Member 2015
Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Smartest User 2016, Most Helpful Member 2016, Favorite Staff Member 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years August 2012 - Sentence mix-core, Classic For the categories of Funniest Signature and Spirit of YouChew.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2015 February 2012 - "Merlin's Penis" (Sentence mix-core) Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 34 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 34 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 215 days before it was shut down Cause he's Dopply!<br />
<br />
And for posting at the end of the Gen Chat thread! Yesterday should count, right? For my cock. Obviously. A thanks to myself, I suppose, pardner. Miss10 gave this to me, and congratulated me. I felt special. For moderator service. For the most Fucking Horrifying Character in Rabbit's Character Study contest.<br />
<br />
Good work!

JAAAYUHHHKEEEEE... CUM TO THA DAAUUUURRRK

YOU ARE MYYYY VESSELLL

For making it on a few of the Recommended YouTube Poops articles, with the most recent one being for December 2015 & January 2016. For getting 90 5-star ratings Best Musician 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards A No. First a Janitor, now a Café Staffer! Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Best YouTube Pooper 2014
Best YouTube Pooper 2016 1st as "Most Likely to Rule the World" - 2014
Most Likely to Rule the World 2015
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 137 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 137 videos For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos March 2012 - Overall March 2012 - "IM Meen Becomes Self Aware" (Sentence mix-core) For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 7 videos Excellent job, mang. For winning the re-poop contest! Great work!

I installed WiiFlow on my Wii so I would no longer have to take my Project M files off of my SD card just to play an ISO like I would with Configurable USB Loader, but I can't really think of any notable first-party GameCube games that I haven't already played or can get a better version of on another system other than Luigi's Mansion, Eternal Darkness, Metroid Prime 1 and 2, Pikmin 1 and 2, Star Fox Adventures, Star Fox: Assault, F-Zero GX, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and Kirby Air Ride. On the third-party side, I think I'll get Spider-Man 1 and 2.

I'M A SUGAR DADDY That's a lot of love! It's a little itchy. For collecting all the bronze cards User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 5 years. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Today I've bought DuckTales: Remastered on NewGAME for PC. I find weird that sources claim that the retail version was only released for the PS3 in Europe, yet there was a PC version floating around. Then again, I've seen a game store selling Xbox One games months before it's official release in Portugal, in september.

As far this port goes there are three big issues that completely kills the game: first, sprite flickering. I'm not sure if it's a graphic card-related bug or a nod to NES games, All I can say is that it's too damn distracting and sometimes made me lose some hearts because of some enemy sprites going flickery so often to the point of becoming invisible until you touch an him.

Another problem is the fact that it can't recognize my Logic3 PS2-to-PC adapter, even though the game has full controller support. The controller works find on Big Picture Mode - whenever Big Picture Mode wants to work - so I'd expect the game to work with my gamepad, but nope, apparently it only recognizes Xbox 360 controllers. Last but not least it's how unoptimized the game's performance is. So far I've only played the Amazon and, yet to be completed, the Transilvania level, and framerate drops are noticeably big whenever you go in the outdoors sections of Transilvania. I'm not sure if it has to do with a big use of particle effects but it sure makes the level unappealing. And for a 2D game with 3D backgrounds it sure needs a lot of memory to run at high settings, specially when the game claims to be optimized for AMD video gards. I barely have any performance issues like that while playing BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger. Also, I can't tell if the game is locked at 30 frames per second because some layouts and transitions run at a full 60 frames, but it seems like it.

Other than these downsides, the game is good. Sure, skipping the cutscenes really breaks the flow, but I don't mind that, since the cutscenes are rather amusing. It could've been even more amusing if it wasn't for the sprite flickering. I really love the voice acting, considering June Foray and specialy Alan Young's efforts at reprising their characters, visually it looks way better than my previous speculation and the portuguese subtitles, though they're in brazilian portuguese, are fairly enjoyable to read, knowing that they use the same names from the dubs rather than the original version's names, like Captain Boeing instead of Launchpad McQuack and so on. Too bad Disney lost the opportunity of giving the option of giving a language option with every voice actor from the series' dubs. However, the actor who voiced Scrooge died years ago and thinking about a new voice actor seems complicated, since his voice couldn't suit Scrooge any better. But still, missed opportunity.

That's a lot of love! bubble gum and taffy For receiving some chalky, tasteless candy! For giving away those sweet treats! Gave Umigame an AGSMA attack. For participating in the 2009 and 2010 Secret Santa event For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards For getting 20 awards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos mmmmmricher Congrats on having completed 5 matches!

Sprite flickering is not supposed to happen, and I think that was a known issue when the PC version launched but it was later patched. I also believe the PC version of the game was only sold on Steam, so if you bought it elsewhere, it might be a pirated copy which would explain why you don't have the bug fixes.

In any case I have the game on Steam and there is no sprite flickering, no performance issues, and it runs at 60 fps consistently.

Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Friendliest User 2015, Smartest User 2015
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

Nope, my copy is a legit one. It has the Steam Subscriber Agreement and everything. It might be one of those rare cases where we european folks have something exclusive.

1904136_10204355683427273_78285513721855

And sprite flickering can also affect machines with processing power superior than mine.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/237630/discussions/0/864976114894818447

By seeing this thread's date it seems that the game did get patched to fix the flickering, yet my case is an exception. Did my copy got installed without that update?

That's a lot of love! bubble gum and taffy For receiving some chalky, tasteless candy! For giving away those sweet treats! Gave Umigame an AGSMA attack. For participating in the 2009 and 2010 Secret Santa event For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards For getting 20 awards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos mmmmmricher Congrats on having completed 5 matches!

I would say now that you have the game license, try doing the "verify integrity of game cache" option on DuckTales in Steam, or whatever it's called in Portuguese. That should check and make sure all of the game's files are up to date.

Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016

I love Far Cry 3 and it looks super pretty on my new GTX 760, but I find it a bit jarring that even on a machine that far surpasses the recommended specs it still has random framerate drops and weird shadow/lighting fade-ins. Guess it's not very optimized or something.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 29 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 119 days before it was shut down So cool. Strike-free for more than 3 years. Congrats! i was a janitor<br />
<br />
i think Welcome to the Few. The Proud. The Moderators. For posting at the end of the Gen Chat thread!
For posting after Dopply

I would say now that you have the game license, try doing the "verify integrity of game cache" option on DuckTales in Steam, or whatever it's called in Portuguese. That should check and make sure all of the game's files are up to date.

I validated the game's cache, I loaded it up and the sprites are still flickering.

Even worse, I went on to the African Mines level and I got undescribably low framerate while fighting against the king of the Terraforites or whatever it's called.

Talking about a greatly optimized game, I suppose.

I dunno then. Does your PC meet the minimum system requirements? Maybe the game has a problem with your particular video card?

Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016

I was playing Star Wars Battlefront 2 on my PSP and I saw that Princess Leia's neck stretches out like a giraffe at random times for some reason. I wish could take a screenshot of it...

For collecting all the silver cards Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For collecting all the bronze cards Chewbot gives congrats for having 40 5-star ratings on your videos Nice Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years and stronger, too Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years October 2012 - Overall October 2012 - "Dragin' Ballz 2 : The Collectable Card Game Killing Spree " (Sentence mix-core) Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

It's likely a video card problem, even if I recently updated it's drives. And I pretty much believe my laptop meets it's minimum requirements. Game-Debate pretty much states that the game can easily run in a computer like mine. I don't trust CanYouRunIt at all because, let's face it, if your computer cannot run Spelunky then there's something wrong.

I decided to click on the DirectX installer inside the game's folders to see if there's going to be any difference, tomorrow morning. Right now I just want to go to bed.

I don't know about that guy's shirt but no matter what its a good idea for Epic to take down any relation to this project.

When I read this, I thought "good idea, but Epic's probably not going to do anything like that because of something like 'artistic integrity,'" but hey...

They got the logo removed from the game.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

That guy's shirt didn't have anything to do with a Neo-Nazi group.

I don't know about that guy's shirt

heh, called it

For clearing Super Mario Bros. during our community challenge event. For clearing Sonic 1 during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years User with Funniest Signatures 2014 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year For the category of Best Newcomer.